Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

5starpool wrote: »
    The official way is:

1. Buy membership for about £27 per person for the season.
    2. In November sale (all Jan-May games) join the mad scramble of people at 8.15 am trying to get tickets bearing in mind that of the membership tickets for sale, only a % of them will be available to all members with a lot having gone to those who had attended a lot of tickets last season.

Where do you get the November sale tickets? Do you have to go to Liverpool? Is it online/ via phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mormank wrote: »
    Ok people need to relax with the Joe Allen praise. It's 3 games. I know his form has improved vastly under Klopp but he is not the Messiah, which he will be likened to by the end of the tournament at this rate. Keep him sure but let's not stall our plans going forward for him. Even if we keep him there is still space for Zielinski imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    As far as the point made by Rebel I think that we'd lose money on Townsend in a few years, that is hugely unlikely, young English wingers in the PL who sell for less than £8m are beyond rare (don't say he's worse than Aaron Lennon).

Players leave top level clubs in 2 ways - to go to a superpower because they're awesome, or to drop a level on a cut price deal as the club tries to get rid of them so they can free up the wages and upgrade. It's far more likely that when we sold it would be in the latter category. E.g. Scott Sinclair joining Villa from City for 2.5million only a year ago.

We might, in a year for instance, get 10m maybe, but whats the point? We've already seen from his years with Spurs that he just doesn't suit a team that's facing a parked bus.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Where do you get the November sale tickets? Do you have to go to Liverpool? Is it online/ via phone?

Online. July sale covers the games up until the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Players leave top level clubs in 2 ways - to go to a superpower because they're awesome, or to drop a level on a cut price deal as the club tries to get rid of them so they can . It's far more likely that when we sold it would be in the latter category. These guys always leave for bargain prices, cause the clubs wants rid so they can free up the wages and upgrade.

We might, in a year for instance, get 10m maybe, but whats the point? We've already seen from his years with Spurs that he just doesn't suit a team that's facing a parked bus.

Don't get me wrong, I know the move isn't even happening anyway since the club flat-out denied it, but hypothetically speaking it wouldn't have been an awful bit of business on paper, £8m is next to nothing with the new PL money driving everyone's pricetag up. It would've been low-risk, modest to good reward depending on how things would've went. You also can't write players off based on what they've done/haven't done in the past; just because he couldn't break down a strong defensive effort in Tottenham's system certainly doesn't mean he can't do it in ours.

Anyways, last I'll say on this because I know everyone is sick and tired of it being discussed, the move isn't happening but I'm saying all this because not everything you're saying is absolutely correct IMO. Plus I haven't had a debate here in a while so I'm overdue. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

You also can't write players off based on what they've done/haven't done in the past; ...

Ah, ah you can though. Can't you?:confused:

corwill wrote: »
    Ah, ah you can though. Can't you?:confused:

You can, but it usually isn't fair to do. There are enough players in the Leicester squad to suggest it's a bad idea to write anyone off (Kante and Mahrez were great finds, but there was absolutely zero indication of what Vardy would go on to do, Schmeichel, Morgan and Huth too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

You can, but it usually isn't fair to do. There are enough players in the Leicester squad to suggest it's a bad idea to write anyone off (Kante and Mahrez were great finds, but there was absolutely zero indication of what Vardy would go on to do, Schmeichel, Morgan and Huth too).

I'm an auld bollix, I'm not going to stop being one at this hour of my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I see Henderson was getting slated all day on twitter over his performance last night , I think he had a great game last night and is just showing some rustiness in terms of final ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

£7m bid for Chilwell rejected by Leicster now being reported by The Telegraph.

Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Mario is not moving to Turkey
    In an interview with Spanish newspaper Marca, Mario Balotelli’s agent Mino Raiola has clarified the situation surrounding the Liverpool striker’s rumoured move to Turkish club Besiktas.

Raiola was quoted earlier this week as saying he had offered the player to the Turkish champions but in Marca, he said he had been contacted by a journalist disguised as the president of Besiktas and from that the story about the Italian being offered emerged:

“His last year was quiet. Nobody talked about his behaviour, He has not had any bad episode professionally. The problem has been injuries that have prevented him from being at his best. With Turkey? a Lie. A journalist called me posing as the president of Besiktas … they invent everything. He must go back to Liverpool and speak to Klopp, who is his coach.”

It looks almost certain then that the Italian will return to Liverpool for pre-season training. Whether he will play another much for the Reds though is debatable. The striker is believed to want to stay in Europe but the most likely offers will come from the Chinese Super League. Other options include Sampdoria and Fiorentina but these would likely be loan offers, which Liverpool may not accept as they seek to sell the player on a permanent basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Chilwell bid rejected by leicster and now the club are considering bidding for hull city left back robertson. I dont know but feel very deflated with this. Left back is a priority signing for me and we should go all out for the german international hector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Seems like he might not be in Klopp's plans. That would be a shame.
    https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/745370758604529668

ricero wrote: »
    Chilwell bid rejected by leicster and now the club are considering bidding for hull city left back robertson. I dont know but feel very deflated with this. Left back is a priority signing for me and we should go all out for the german international hector

I'd just throw £10m at Leicester, can't go wrong at that price, it's peanuts all considered (less than 6 months GlenJo's wages before he left)
    The Hector thing never seemed to warm up or got cold very quickly, if Klopp reckons Chilwell will do a job than the club shouldn't be messing about over £3m imo for a 19 year old English player.......
    Talisman wrote: »
    ....Mario is not moving to Turkey......

I'm sure he signed on a 3 year deal so this time next year we'll be rid anyway worst case scenario.
    mosstin wrote: »

If he doesn't intend starting him, Can & Hendo defo ahead in the pecking order so too several more further up the field so be it. I'm an Allen fan but realistically he won't be greatly missed all considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Two stories from the Express just went up - one was Joyce with the official news - Chilwell, Sane, Gotze, Allen, the other was by someone else with a piece of guff from Tribal Football about Klopp being after Martin Odegaard :p

Allen wants first team football, he'd be guaranteed that at Swansea.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ricero wrote: »

5m + 2m (rejected) in add ons for a 19 year old with only a year left on his contract that has 11 senior appearances and zero in the PL is a bit mad. I've never seen him play, but it we pay up to 10m for him (even in today's money) given his experience, a lot of people must be really positive about his talent.

That's such a blow if true considering he's only improved since his £15m move to us. Taking a loss on him especially in the form he's in now is just ludicrous.

That's such a blow if true considering he's only improved since his £15m move to us. Taking a loss on him especially in the form he's in now is just ludicrous.

He has one year on his deal. And it's not a loss - his 15m has been written down by 12 million and if he is sold for 10m that's a profit of 7 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I must be the only one who saw Allen play 100 games of sh1te for us before he started to improve.

Now, he has improved, improved a lot. But if i was to say i thought he was good enough to start for us i'd be outright lying.

Never will be a better time to sell than this summer. I just think he can be easily replaced.

In any case, i trust Klopp to sell right and buy right for us. Saw Skrtel play a handful of games for us and out the door.

If rumours are false and Allen is with us next season im fine with it. Some players want to play, some happy to collect the 'dollar'. Klopp may well like to keep him but if you cant guarantee a start every week, especially with no europe, then he might want to go. Like i said above, never a better time to sell him.

Oh man. Would Klopp take Balotelli back?

It could be his greatest managerial feat! Taking his knowledgable boot and kicking Balotelli right up the hole and produce greatness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Oh man. Would Klopp take Balotelli back?

It could be his greatest managerial feat! Taking his knowledgable boot and kicking Balotelli right up the hole and produce greatness.

There isn't a manager in world football who can get the 'best' out of Balotelli. He stopped being interested in playing football years ago.

This thread is going to be full of 'what a big mistake getting rid of Allen' posts but people seem to forget that you have to consider what the player wants as well.

He wants first team football week in, week out , which is admirable. But we all know he's not going to get that at Liverpool and best to get some money for him rather than let him leave for nothing next year.

Theres no way Allen is being sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

On current form I wouldn't have Henderson ahead of Allen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Mat Hummels came out today and said one of his criteria for a move from Dortmund was that he must have CL football. He said that there was no concrete interest in him from La Liga, only from the PL and Bayern. He then confirmed that Arsenal was only ever a rumour so it wasn't hard to figure out who the club in the PL he turned down was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I see Henderson was getting slated all day on twitter over his performance last night , I think he had a great game last night and is just showing some rustiness in terms of final ball

L'Equipe gave him the highest rating of any English outfield player. Thought he played well to be honest bar a couple of overhit crosses. He just seems to be a bit of a scapegoat whenever he plays and England don't win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Pearce says even if he was offered a new deal there's no guarantee he would sign it. Seem to me he is resigned to leaving.

I'm still more annoyed that Kolo was let go though but I trust in Klopp we need to build for the now and future.

He has one year on his deal. And it's not a loss - his 15m has been written down by 12 million and if he is sold for 10m that's a profit of 7 million.

How do you mean written down by £12m? I can't seem to find any info on that, what's the story with it because I must have missed it at the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

martyos121 wrote:
    How do you mean written down by £12m? I can't seem to find any info on that, what's the story with it because I must have missed it at the time?

He's played 4 years out of a 5 year contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Mat Hummels came out today and said one of his criteria for a move from Dortmund was that he must have CL football. He said that there was no concrete interest in him from La Liga, only from the PL and Bayern. He then confirmed that Arsenal was only ever a rumour so it wasn't hard to figure out who the club in the PL he turned down was.

United? Chelsea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Met Didi Hamann this morning in Dublin airport a legend and a gent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Loan me €150 as I like the way you do maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Loan me €150 as I like the way you do maths.

In accounting terms, albeit with my limited knowledge, Harry is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Knex. wrote: »
    In accounting terms, albeit with my limited knowledge, Harry is correct.

Amortisation they call, it I think.

Players are considered assets of the club, their signing fees are written off as their contract runs down. Allen cost £15M on a 5 year contract, when the contract expires he can leave for £0.

£15M / 5 = £3M per year.

Allen has 1 year left on his contract so his current value in a spreadsheet somewhere is £3M. Selling him for £10M this summer would be good business.

Some people here need to read Swiss Ramble which is where I got my "First" in football contract maths! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

daithijjj wrote: »
    I must be the only one who saw Allen play 100 games of sh1te for us before he started to improve.

Complete and utter exaggeration.

He had plenty of good games for us before Klopp came in, including some absolutely exceptional ones.

Injuries were a massive factor in his form, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Talisman wrote: »
    Players are considered assets of the club, their signing fees are written off as their contract runs down. Allen cost £15M on a 5 year contract, when the contract expires he can leave for £0.

£15M / 5 = £3M per year.

Allen has 1 year left on his contract so his current value in a spreadsheet somewhere is £3M. Selling him for £10M this summer would be good business.

We made some profit on sterling, I can see where this is going, net spend etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

_90051059_paddypower.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

There isn't a manager in world football who can get the 'best' out of Balotelli. He stopped being interested in playing football years ago.
    The fact that the only interest in Balotelli has come from an Italian 3rd division team, and from someone only pretending to be the Besiktas president is kind of hilarious in a tragic way. If his name wasn't poison in England, we'd undoubtedly be able to have gotten rid of him to some newly minted idiot. As it stands, no top club with touch him, and the rest of the clubs don't have the cash to afford him. Our best hope now is that some Chinese team take him off our hands. He should like it over there, I hear the Chinese are good with fireworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

The fact that the only interest in Balotelli has come from an Italian 3rd division team, and from someone only pretending to be the Besiktas president is kind of hilarious in a tragic way. If his name wasn't poison in England, we'd undoubtedly be able to have gotten rid of him to some newly minted idiot. As it stands, no top club with touch him, and the rest of the clubs don't have the cash to afford him. Our best hope now is that some Chinese team take him off our hands. He should like it over there, I hear the Chinese are good with fireworks.

You'd think this would be a reality check to him and to drop the ego and get on with playing football.

The guy must be a complete idiot to throw away a life opportunity like this.

He's only turning 26 and has at least 9 years left in the game if he got his head straight.

I'm disappointed in the likes of Raiola who seems to be constantly defending him instead of getting him to sort his head out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

daithijjj wrote: »

Now, he has improved, improved a lot. But if i was to say i thought he was good enough to start for us i'd be outright lying.

Never will be a better time to sell than this summer. I just think he can be easily replaced.

In any case, i trust Klopp to sell right and buy right for us. Saw Skrtel play a handful of games for us and out the door.

If rumours are false and Allen is with us next season im fine with it. Some players want to play, some happy to collect the 'dollar'. Klopp may well like to keep him but if you cant guarantee a start every week, especially with no europe, then he might want to go. Like i said above, never a better time to sell him.

Yeah this is correct. He had a solid first few months but then loss of form and injuries meant he did very little for us in calendar years 13/14/15. He has improved slightly but even with that improvement he only seemed to start when players were rested during our Europa run, barring when injuries were involved. And it's in that basis he should probably be given a shot next year, as a back up player.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Yeah this is correct. He had a solid first few months but then loss of form and injuries meant he did very little for us in calendar years 13/14/15. He has improved slightly but even with that improvement he only seemed to start when players were rested during our Europa run, barring when injuries were involved. And it's in that basis he should probably be given a shot next year, as a back up player.

People again ignoring the players wishes.

He wants first team football, not being a back up player.

It's not always the clubs fault when players leave.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed in the likes of Raiola who seems to be constantly defending him instead of getting him to sort his head out.
    Raiola doesn't care. If Balotelli signs for a club he gets a fee. He has plenty of other high profile clients to look after. He's a dodgy character who has been investigated for transfer irregularities.

A few months after Balotelli signed for Liverpool there was a story in the Italian press that Milan hadn't sold him to Liverpool but to Raiola. The story went that Milan wanted rid of the player and Raiola put up the money to buy his 'economic rights'. Liverpool were back in the Champions League but were finding it difficult to sign a big name player so the club was receptive to the prospect of a limited risk Balotelli move. If things worked out for Balotelli he would have moved on at a profit for the agent.

Whether the story is true or not I cannot say, but that is the kind of thing that Raiola has been investigated for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Some people here need to read Swiss Ramble which is where I got my "First" in football contract maths! :pac:
    That lads goes deeeeeep with numbers but he's always interesting.

If you like math, I suppose.

murpho999 wrote: »
    People again ignoring the players wishes.

He wants first team football, not being a back up player.

It's not always the clubs fault when players leave.

You're plucking this shìte out of thin air. As far as I can tell he's happy at Liverpool. What do you know about Allen's 'wishes'?

Its been intimated that Allen is after regular stars, and that is unlikely unfortunately unless say Hendo as well as Lucas is sold

Its been intimated that Allen is after regular stars, and that is unlikely unfortunately unless say Hendo as well as Lucas is sold

When Allen has been in form - which has been every time he has had a good run of games - he has played.

Hendo has not had a decent run in ages due to persistent injuries and Lucas is now very much a squad player.

There's every reason to think he will get starts. Allen strikes me as the type to always work to get in rather than someone who would 'want out'.

It just irritates me to see 'someone intimated' leave speculation or whatever without even a half credible twitter source to back it up.

• Advertisement

At the risk of bring politics into sport I doff my hat to John Barnes for his article in the Guardian about Brexit and him being misrepresented on the matter by Michael Gove.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/22/john-barnes-gove-says-voting-leave-wrong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement