Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J Mysterio wrote: »
    When Allen has been in form - which has been every time he has had a good run of games - he has played.

Hendo has not had a decent run in ages due to persistent injuries and Lucas is now very much a squad player.

There's every reason to think he will get starts. Allen strikes me as the type to always work to get in rather than someone who would 'want out'.

It just irritates me to see 'someone intimated' leave speculation or whatever without even a half credible twitter source to back it up.

I don't want him to leave either, but there is plenty of evidence to suggest he might.

As with anyone in the squad though, if we can improve on them, I'm all for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You're plucking this shìte out of thin air. As far as I can tell he's happy at Liverpool. What do you know about Allen's 'wishes'?

How can you tell that he's happy?

Why would he be happy starting most games on the bench.

Rumours doing the rounds for months that he's going back to Swansea as he wants regular football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Loan me €150 as I like the way you do maths.
    Knex. wrote: »
    In accounting terms, albeit with my limited knowledge, Harry is correct.

To be fair, the first poster might be homeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Allen hasn't yet been offered a new contract, that is Klopp's decision. It's possible that the manager is waiting to see what players are signed before making a decision on extending contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Spurs have just agreed 11 mill with Southampton for Wanyama.

Lack of a manager shouldn't be stopping us making a bid on Mane if he's our target, or is he??

I'm assuming that our transfer targets are still in the Euros and that's why it's so quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone pointed out Wayama only had a year left on contract but also that Soton have a DoF so the manager's views may not be that important.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Lack of a manager shouldn't be stopping us making a bid on Mane if he's our target, or is he??
    Maybe the club is pursuing other transfer targets before throwing £30M at Southampton.

Talisman wrote: »
    Maybe the club is pursuing other transfer targets before throwing £30M at Southampton.

What ever way you want to spin it, they finished above us this season and he's one of the outstanding players in that team. When you also consider the money we spent on Lovren, Lallana and Clyne and how they're all playing to their worth, buying from them really isn't the worst thing.

Plus if we take another one of their players we get the next one free I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

i wonder if Lambert would of done well under Klopp ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reports in italy that zielinski to lfc is done deal for 14 million euros

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The Iceland keeper has really impressed. Could be a snip at 400k. Couple of other handy players there. Bit of a pick n mix for peanuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He's had at least one f*ck up in every game. We already have a keeper with that trait.

He's been excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sommer is the only keeper I would say has been excellent so far.

The Iceland keeper has really impressed. Could be a snip at 400k. Couple of other handy players there. Bit of a pick n mix for peanuts.

The goalkeeping at the tournament has been awful. That lad in goal for the North last night was excellent though.
    Icelandic keeper only recently took up football I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon he would freeze on the bigger stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Henderson is woeful, I pray he is sold

I reckon he would freeze on the bigger stage.

Oooooh, 'freeze'? Iceland? You meant that, didn't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

mosstin wrote: »
    The goalkeeping at the tournament has been awful.

I'll just go ahead and blame Acterberg, the kids love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'll probably be called drunk but we need a left back and what about brady? Still young, improving all the time, we could badly do with his deadball accuracy too.

I know I'm going home.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    I'll probably be called drunk but we need a left back and what about brady? Still young, improving all the time, we could badly do with his deadball accuracy too.

I know I'm going home.

Brady and Townsend. I hate myself and I want to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

rob316 wrote: »

I know I'm going home.

We might as well sign Fat Daz off our 6 a side team, while we're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Brady > Moreno

Still not good enough though

#BradyforLiverpool

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Apparently Burnley have agreed to swap fixtures, so our first 3 games will be away next season, with the first home game against Leicester on the weekend of Sep 10th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Brady was playing in a Cm/Am role and not as LB.

But yeah I'd be all for any of the Irish lads to take the LB role at Liverpool and thats only because Moreno annoys me so much.

I wouldn't sell Moreno. But he needs to be transitioned into a winger.

Jamie Carragher talks about full backs being 'failed wingers or failed centre backs' but Moreno seems to be a failed full back who should be put on the wing.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He should be transitioned to another feckin club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Complete and utter exaggeration.

He had plenty of good games for us before Klopp came in, including some absolutely exceptional ones.

Injuries were a massive factor in his form, imo

Nah, he really didnt, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He's had at least one f*ck up in every game. We already have a keeper with that trait.

In fairness, Mig hasn't put a foot wrong in his best position this tournament. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

daithijjj wrote: »
    Nah, he really didnt, sorry.

He did. Just because, at the time, it was popular to say he was ****, doesn't mean he was actually ****. When he missed that sitter against Everton everyone went to town on him saying he was ****e. Watch that match back, he was one of our best players that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

hefferboi wrote: »
    He did. Just because, at the time, it was popular to say he was ****, doesn't mean he was actually ****. When he missed that sitter against Everton everyone went to town on him saying he was ****e. Watch that match back, he was one of our best players that day.

Sorry but in his first few seasons he spent a lot time passing the ball sideways and was largely ineffective.

If he had been sold last season not many here would have been too worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Worked great for bale. Moreno does not have the head for being a left back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

hadepsx wrote: »
    Worked great for bale. Moreno does not have the head for being a left back.

Or the ability of Bale

All 12 Liverpool players at the Euros have reached the knockout rounds - we're great! :D Most of them will be coming home after the next game! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

All 12 Liverpool players at the Euros have reached the knockout rounds - we're great! :D Most of them will be coming home after the next game! :pac:

England, Wales, Germany and Belgium would be strong favourites for their ties no? Only Skrtel would be expected to be knocked out.

Probably but Iceland could fluke their way through with a 1-0 win in the 93rd minute.

On the transfer front Melissa Reddy says Mane and Zeilinski still on target - 30m and 15m respectively with the Pole not being tied up until after the Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She is now also saying Sevilla are looking at Joe Pirlo which would be a great move for him if he was to leave.

• Advertisement

I'd love to keep him but I certainly wouldn't begrudge Joe a move to a club like Sevilla, he doesn't belong at a small club like Swansea and it'd break my heart to see him go back there. He must have little confidence in himself to even consider it, or he's just a very loyal lad who misses home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I can't figure out why Liverpool aren't offering Allen a new contract. Its not like we are flush with talented midfielders and Allen has been immense for us the last while and again for Wales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe Joe doesn't want a new contract any one think of that.

We being linked the Brazilian left back Douglas. 10M

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Or maybe they arent offering him a contract because he is currently away on international duty.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

No. :rolleyes:
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    Or maybe they arent offering him a contract because he is currently away on international duty.......

Possibly, but this has been an issue for the last while. Either way we will see I suppose!

Klopp postponed the contract talks until the summer.

Pretty much everyone has, yeah. This isn't some shocking revelation in fairness, there wouldn't be talk of him leaving at all if he didn't want to stay and sit on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Knex. wrote: »
    United? Chelsea?

Any media I've read say its United Hummels turned down
    Hummels, speaking to German newspaper Suddeutsche Zeitung, said: 'Fundamentally, England, Spain and Germany were the relevant leagues I could see myself playing football in.
    'But at this stage there just was not that one English club where the overall package was fitting.
    'The overall package means: a club which fascinates me; a club I have always wanted to join, and where the sporting constellation is right, and which of course plays Champions League football next season. And because of the latter one club was ruled out, and you can envision which club that was.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3652615/Bayern-Munich-new-boy-Mats-Hummels-reveals-turned-Manchester-United-

Seems Arsenal weren't a club he wanted to play for and Utd didn't have CL football so refused them too

Keeping this on the first page baby! :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement