Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Keeping this on the first page baby! :p

Have you come across any new pictures of the stand/stadium on your internet travels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sakho still been left in Limbo by UEFA will effect the summers transfers I would imagine to buy or not to buy a CB to wait and see or buy just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Paul joyce tonight is saying its looking likely that mane is on his way to lfc for 30 million pounds.

Great player and adds some much needed pace to our attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Have you come across any new pictures of the stand/stadium on your internet travels?

Skyscraper City has loads and there is time lapse film on the official site of the stand being cleared and the new middle layer being up it. The exterior of the structure at the back now looks largely finished bar some detailing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

ricero wrote: »
    Paul joyce tonight is saying its looking likely that mane is on his way to lfc for 30 million pounds.

And in today's market, £30M isn't much as it was a few seasons ago with the new TV deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Far from it yet. £30 million seems to be the going rate these days for exciting prospects who've spent a few seasons in the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gives us something different and a good bit more pace in the final third.

Considering Deeney was rejected at £20m, Mane looks good at £30m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Some recent stand pics here

https://imgur.com/a/ehgot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I couldn't care if he cost £50m, Mane is exactly the type of player we need. Young enough, lightning pace, goals and versatile.

Mane, Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino, Ings, Lallana, Origi as our attacking options next season looks very good.

• Advertisement

30m is the 15m of two years ago, its a surprise (or maybe not!) that so many still think in old money terms. The game's gone mad. It must have if Watford really did want 30m for Troy Deeney.

Also
    Southampton and Leicester City are interested in signing Joe Allen (Gary Jacob - The Times)

Set an asking price of 20M for allen.

10M is a steal

Yep we need an auction, could at least send him off with a "ka-ching!"

Set an asking price of 20M for allen.

10M is a steal

We paid £15m for him and he's better now and if £30m is the new £15m then we should be asking for £50m. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Some recent stand pics here

https://imgur.com/a/ehgot

I measured the stand from the pic on my phone. It is only 2 inches long. It is a stand for ants! How can we expect fans to attend if they can't fit into it?! It needs to be at least three times bigger than that!!

We paid £15m for him and he's better now and if £30m is the new £15m then we should be asking for £50m. :)

One year left on his deal is the issue now, if enough clubs want him this summer then a decent price is possible if he stays after Sept 1st, then it'll be loose change in January. So he'll be sold and everyone else knows it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm all aboard the Mane train. Very exciting young player, tailor made for our style of play too with his pace and dribbling ability.

Can imagine there'd be some good songs for him too. "One for the Mane", "Mane on my Mind", and if Gerrard was still at the club, "Ste Works Hard for the Mane".

I've had a few beers, needless to say.

One year left on his deal is the issue now, if enough clubs want him this summer then a decent price is possible if he stays after Sept 1st, then it'll be loose change in January. So he'll be sold and everyone else knows it.

Aye...I know...I was only joking(badly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

30m is the 15m of two years ago, its a surprise (or maybe not!) that so many still think in old money terms. The game's gone mad. It must have if Watford really did want 30m for Troy Deeney.

Also

I think the club could save itself a fortune by signing Southampton's scouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

BDD_DR_evil_12.16.08.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

30 million and we keep the beard.

And bestow it upon a worthy successor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sakho still been left in Limbo by UEFA will effect the summers transfers I would imagine to buy or not to buy a CB to wait and see or buy just in case.

Its an absolute disgrace how long those sonsabitches are taking to come to a decision.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    30 million and we keep the beard.

And bestow it upon a worthy successor

Could get messy...why do the beards always have to suffer?

Could get messy...why do the beards always have to suffer?

Ok, 25 million and the beard goes but we keep the Allen?

Ok, 25 million and the beard goes but we keep the Allen?

Much better.

Much better.

But he has to grow mutton chops, bah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wouldn't that make him the most desired man in Wales though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

martyos121 wrote: »

Only if he is wearing a cagoule and carrying a coracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would be quite happy with Mane. Doesn't quite have the consistency yet, but when he's 'on' he's great.

Loan out Ibe, have Mane and Markovic as our speedy winger types, with Ojo as backup, and i'd be happy with those choices. Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana as the more number 10 types, then Sturridge, Origi and Ings as the centre forwards. Still always the risk with Sturbridge, but we wouldn't be quite as susceptible with how Origi has developed. Would be pretty satisfied with selecting any 3 from those 5 first team support players, and 1 from those 3 strikers. Decent depth, but still enough opportunities for all i think.

As far as our scouts and the whole southampton issue, apparently we scouted Mane pretty thoroughly the summer Southampton moved for him, but we decided not to bite for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Liverpool votes in!

Good jobs lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

hefferboi wrote: »
    He did. Just because, at the time, it was popular to say he was ****, doesn't mean he was actually ****. When he missed that sitter against Everton everyone went to town on him saying he was ****e. Watch that match back, he was one of our best players that day.

Nah, he was actually sh1te for 100 games. It was put to me he had many 'exceptional' games and i was talking nonsense. Thats fine, point them out and we can find archives of the game ratings people say he was exceptional in.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I know the Euro will fall too, but not as much as Sterling in the short term. It'll remove some of the premier leagues money advantage anyhow over the rest of Europe, and make transfer fees and wages higher in the short-medium term before the inevitable recovery. I don't think it'll affect EU players any time soon in terms of work permits though, I'd imagine if there is a deal it will still require free movement of workers to the UK.

What a stupid country though.

5starpool wrote: »
    I know the Euro will fall too, but not as much as Sterling in the short term. It'll remove some of the premier leagues money advantage anyhow over the rest of Europe, and make transfer fees and wages higher in the short-medium term before the inevitable recovery. I don't think it'll affect EU players any time soon in terms of work permits though, I'd imagine if there is a deal it will still require free movement of workers to the UK.

What a stupid country though.

Sterling has been in crisis for some time now! :pac:

The long term impact on the British football market is open to question, could be a return to the days of Nobby, George, Bill, Alan, Dicky and Hugh in long shorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

martyos121 wrote: »
    Glico Man wrote: »
    Only if he is wearing a cagoule and carrying a coracle.

There is a Welsh sheep joke in there somewhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mane = Power + Pace + Aggression.
    We miss the latter in our team. But he's not a player is going to dictate a game, that is what we are sorely missing unless Henderson gets some groove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone else want a list of the 100 games he was sh!te for, and his ratings?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, I remember being really annoyed at Joe Allen pretty much any time he played in his first couple of season (although he started ok). The last couple he has generally been better athough not available a lot through injury. I'd like to keep him as a squad player, but I don't think he is good enough or reliable enough to be an expected starter when fit. I don't want to sell him for 10m though as we will not get anyone as good for that money unless we are lucky or good at picking up a relatively obscure talent, which is something we are generally not great at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »

Given he's had a total of 90 league appearances for us, I'd be intrigued to see it.

Are we getting Mane to replace Joe Allen's beard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Wonder will the ol Brexit thing effect the PL spending this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Knex. wrote: »
    Wonder will the ol Brexit thing effect the PL spending this summer.
    Transfers from Eurozone countries already 9% dearer so I imagine it will have a major effect.

Not really, Prem clubs have seen their income jump by far more than 9% and if you consider the "Prem Proven" rule adds at least 50% to a player of comparable quality from the Eurozone then it still makes sense to shop overseas if you're after a player from one of the Continental leagues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Not really, Prem clubs have seen their income jump by far more than 9% and if you consider the "Prem Proven" rule adds at least 50% to a player of comparable quality from the Eurozone then it still makes sense to shop overseas if you're after a player from one of the Continental leagues
    True but seeing as most transfers are in staged payments, previous transfers will also have become dearer too.

Also, sale values to Eurozone countries has risen by the same amount so it makes transfers out of the PL more attractive for players and purchasing clubs.

True but I don't think the values changes are big enough to make or break many deals, one thing that could be important in the medium-long term is that it'll become harder to bring in youth players from abroad as work permits become as awkward for EU players as non EU players so locally trained players will become sought after. There are lads in the U16 team who will be worth a fortune! :D

Turtyturd wrote: »

Yes. Could you get to work on that seeing as you're offering...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It really doesn't look like we've learned our lesson with regard to Southampton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It really doesn't look like we've learned our lesson with regard to Southampton.

I'm happy with Lallana, Clyne and Lovren in the squad....not sure what the issue is with them?

Lovern - Back to his best
    Lallana - Starter for sure
    Clyne - England's best left back

Lambert - Didn't work out

What's your issue ?

If anything the recent signings NOT from southampton have been our downfall.
    Balotelli, Markovic, Moreno....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Clyne - England's best left back

That's a bit much, he's not even their first choice right-back! :p

8-10 wrote: »
    That's a bit much, he's not even their first choice right-back! :p

Hahah you know what i mean...

Sane will be our Wil-I-Am or Raheem Sterling :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.