Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Nift

Looking like another joke of a season. 12 million for Andy Robertson? Seriously...Robbie Brady would be a better bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Nift wrote: »
    Looking like another joke of a season. 12 million for Andy Robertson? Seriously...Robbie Brady would be a better bet.

I'd love Cresswell from West Ham. Such a good player.

Not a hope of us signing him anyhow. He has just signed a new 5 year deal, and we won't pay, what West Ham would wan't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Whatever about transfer fees, wages are effectively down too for players from outside the UK. As a place to live, the UK has also become considerably less attractive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Lovern - Back to his best
    Lallana - Starter for sure
    Clyne - England's best left back

Lambert - Didn't work out

What's your issue ?

If anything the recent signings NOT from southampton have been our downfall.
    Balotelli, Markovic, Moreno....

Lallana is not good enough. He's a good player with a nice touch but with little end product. Ask yourself is he good enough to get us to champions league? I don't think he is. Would he get into the starting lineup of any of the other CL chasing teams? I don't think so.

The very fact that he is a 'starter for sure' is a problem throughout the squad. We need higher quality players in lots of positions.

gafferino wrote: »
    Lallana is not good enough. He's a good player with a nice touch but with little end product. Ask yourself is he good enough to get us to champions league? I don't think he is. Would he get into the starting lineup of any of the other CL chasing teams? I don't think so.

The very fact that he is a 'starter for sure' is a problem throughout the squad. We need higher quality players in lots of positions.

He wouldn't get into the Real Madrid, or barcelona type teams.

But Tottenham, Arsenal, United, Dortmund, Atletico. Definitely get into them teams. He is only going to prosper under Jurgen. If he improves his finishing, we could have a 10 - 15 goal a season midfield with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

He wouldn't get into the Real Madrid, or barcelona type teams.

But Tottenham, Arsenal, United, Dortmund, Atletico. Definitely get into them teams. He is only going to prosper under Jurgen. If he improves his finishing, we could have a 10 - 15 goal a season midfield with him.

I only meant the English teams and I don't think he would start in any of them.

If he improves his finishing then of course.... But I am judging him on the last few seasons. He is a nice player outside the box and full of running but he is not direct enough and doesn't score enough.

Do you think the other big teams fear Lallana? If we want CL then I think he is just below that and he ain't young either. I like him but I don't think it likely he will start banging in 10-15 a season as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

This is probably the first summer that I haven't looked forward to the return of the Pool and PL. Leicester just knocked the wind out of me last season, and made me realise just how ****ing stupid it is to get worked up about football.

Brutal state of affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

If Adam Lallana was able to finish he'd be a 60m player. Every player we buy will have flaws. Its up to the club to coach and develop the players. Lallana has improved a TON under Klopp already and i don't see why he can't continue to improve. I think he'll have a big role to play this season.

Mane similarly has a big flaw, consistency, but when he's on he's basically Bale/Ronaldo lite. He's only that for 10-15 games a season atm but its up to us to make him that for 25-30 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With the UK no longer part of the EU how will that effect bringing players in from the EU now that haven't enough games to get a work permit.

Will European players now seen be seen the same way as South American players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yes but none of that will come into effect for a few years yet. Article 50 hasn't even been invoked.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

With the UK no longer part of the EU how will that effect bringing players in from the EU now that haven't enough games to get a work permit.

Will European players now seen be seen the same way as South American players?

All remains to be seen on what deal is negotiated with the EU in terms of free movement, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

gafferino wrote: »

I agree with this. I think Lovren & Clyne both still have space to improve but get the feeling that Lallana has hit his peak with us and its just not good enough. I wouldn't have any problems with him being sold because I just can't see him becoming a player who changes games.

That said his biggest flaw is his finishing. He does tend to get into good positions so thats something but when he does he can't seem to hit the target with any consistency. When he does hit the target its usually down the throat of the keeper;he's even done this several times for England in their group games.

Hopefully Klopp can coach this out of him as its a serious flaw to his game right now imo. But if it continues on into this season you're gonna see Firminho and Countinho roll their eyes quite a bit as Lallana drills yet another shot off target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Anyone else want a list of the 100 games he was sh!te for, and his ratings?

Struggling to find a single game he influenced? while all i have a full fixture list he was involved in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

corwill wrote: »
    Given he's had a total of 90 league appearances for us, I'd be intrigued to see it.

Well over 100 in the shirt, he only showed up 8/9 months ago. Wasnt good enough to be picked for more in the league is a position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

daithijjj wrote: »
    Struggling to find a single game he influenced? while all i have a full fixture list he was involved in!

Off the top of my tired head, his debut v Man City, Man City at home last season, and quite a few games during our title challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Looks like Mane is coming after Redmond transfer to Southampton nears completion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

For me Lallana falls into the bracket of players with the likes of Barmby and Kewell. Good players but probably easily forgettable in the future. Squad players are important and there are a good few players to be replaced before him but if I heard he was sold in the morning I wouldn't be the slightest bit pissed off. Tbh there's probably only a few in the whole squad I'd be pissed off at being sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Watching the drafts in the states. Wouldn't itit be great if we had this kind of ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

niallo27 wrote: »
    Watching the drafts in the states. Wouldn't itit be great if we had this kind of ****

Not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Adam lallana has no pace. Poor finisher. Poor goals return. Poor assist return. Loses the ball consistently. Fluff goal chance passes consistently. Looses the ball on the edge of box consistently. Currently or formation is 4231 and will probably remain so. Don't expect to win anything if he is a member of the "3"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Bowlardo wrote: »
    insert random name here has no pace. Poor finisher. Poor goals return. Poor assist return. Loses the ball consistently. Fluff goal chance passes consistently. Looses the ball on the edge of box consistently. Currently or formation is 4231 and will probably remain so. Don't expect to win anything if he is a member of the "3"

Fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

niallo27 wrote: »

I think it is actually something the LOI should look at to be honest. Clubs as a single entity cant afford to invest but maybe if the FAI got a bit of investment as a whole maybe we could attract some players of a decent level to come and play as "legacy players"/designated players or whatever you want to call them.

I'm not saying we will attract players that are looking at India/Dubai/China/MLS and so on but maybe we could attract players such as

Nigel Reo-Coker
    Steven Kelly
    Richard Dunne
    Steven Taylor

Even try the likes of
    Mahamadou Diarra
    Philippe Senderos
    Nikola Žigić
    Djibril Cissé
    Ronaldinho

None of these players are been looked at by the money leagues so why not the LOI where a "draft system" would be very beneficial.

But a draft in the Premier league would be nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Scouse, not English....

They will be looking for independence next.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I have no idea what a draft is.

Ignorance is bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Fieldog wrote: »
    Scouse, not English....

They will be looking for independence next.... ;)

Liverpool returned T. P. O'Connor to the Commons at five general elections from 1918 to 1929 as an Irish Nationalist Party candidate. Only 124 miles from Dublin...

Redmond going to Southampton, as Mane's replacement. 11M.

Watch them sell him for 30 in two years time.

I have no idea what a draft is.

Ignorance is bliss.

Don't sit in it, you'll catch your death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Redmond going to Southampton, as Mane's replacement. 11M.

Watch them sell him for 30 in two years time.

To us.

• Advertisement

To us.

I would of signed him a couple of years ago when he left Birmingham. In fact I would of signed Butland to.

They were both cracking young English players back in the Birmingham team.

The two were sold for a combined 6M, because of the clubs financial issues.
    Today Redmond's going for 11, and Stoke want 20 for Butland.

Fieldog wrote: »

Ambulatory manure pile A*dy W*rd and the entourage are clearly too busy counting the money they've siphoned out of his soul to cheer him up.

corwill wrote: »
    Ambulatory manure pile A*dy W*rd and the entourage are clearly too busy counting the money they've siphoned out of his soul to cheer him up.

I would say it's coke and hookers at that c*nts house since... :)

I don't know do I believe Pep apparently "sanctioned that transfer" as Bayern manager... (from the article)

Was he due to come to the PL for that long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Someone on here used to mention Milik a lot as a player we should go for, seems to need a lot of chances before actually scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think it is actually something the LOI should look at to be honest. Clubs as a single entity cant afford to invest but maybe if the FAI got a bit of investment as a whole maybe we could attract some players of a decent level to come and play as "legacy players"/designated players or whatever you want to call them.

I'm not saying we will attract players that are looking at India/Dubai/China/MLS and so on but maybe we could attract players such as

Nigel Reo-Coker
    Steven Kelly
    Richard Dunne
    Steven Taylor

Even try the likes of
    Mahamadou Diarra
    Philippe Senderos
    Nikola Žigić
    Djibril Cissé
    Ronaldinho

None of these players are been looked at by the money leagues so why not the LOI where a "draft system" would be very beneficial.

But a draft in the Premier league would be nuts

I've argued the merits of a designated player system in the LOI before - I won't go too far into it here as it isn't the correct thread but I think it'd be worth a shot.

MLS has improved because of it. It would take time before any benefits are seen and it would involve a big investment by the League itself, but gamble and try to get more fans interested in the league. Could work.

Players would essentially be contracted to the league to prevent one side dominating the rule - limit the number that each team can have and spread the wealth a little - but if the money was there, why couldn't LOI attract Robbie Keane, Kevin Doyle, Sean St Ledger, Darren O'Dea or maybe even the likes of Kris Boyd and the Wright-Phillips brothers like MLS has? Naturally, the list you have there is a bit more practical but you get my drift!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Someone on here used to mention Milik a lot as a player we should go for, seems to need a lot of chances before actually scoring.

Yep another striker that can look good at Dutch league level, Błaszczykowski is the one we should be after!

Yep another striker that can look good at Dutch league level, Błaszczykowski is the one we should be after!

Didn't Suarez also look good at dutch league level ???

Yes as did Kezman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He's only 22 though. Improving each year as well. Not saying that he is at our level, but wouldn't rule out him being a good striker at all yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yes as did Kezman

Milik is a much better than Kezman. He'd be excellent in the EPL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm not familiar with Milik from his club level - heard of him, don't watch Dutch football - but I'm always wary of judging anyone by their tournament form.
    Looking at this Polish side, Milik looks better than Lewandowski but Błaszczykowski (CTRL+C, CTRL+V) is the star. But having been aware of their club form over the years, there's a clear winner in terms of who the standout player is in the side.
    The Dutch league gets a particularly bad rap too. For every Suarez and van Nistelrooy, there's a Kezman and an Alves, but that's the case with almost every league.
    Ffs, look at the goal return if Iago Aspas in Spain - it doesn't make us say "oh but sure Aspas looked good in Spain, didn't he?"
    The same goes for literally every league in Europe.

Nobody was saying we must sign Aspas to be fair! :D

I'd love Milik. I have signed him plenty of times in FM.

Another player we could look at is Diego Rolan from Bordeaux. In ligue1 last season he scored 7, assisted 5 in 22 games. The season before 36 Games, 15 Goals and 3 assists.

Not the most clinical, but he is 23, and seems like the type of player klopp could mould into a star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd love Milik. I have signed him plenty of times in FM.

Another player we could look at is Diego Rolan from Bordeaux. In ligue1 last season he scored 7, assisted 5 in 22 games. The season before 36 Games, 15 Goals and 3 assists.

Not the most clinical, but he is 23, and seems like the type of player klopp could mould into a star.

You see the problem is when you sign players based on FM, you end up like Villa or Newcastle.

martyos121 wrote: »
    You see the problem is when you sign players based on FM, you end up like Villa or Newcastle.

They have 1300 full time scouts, and professional football teams, have licensed there database.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool

martyos121 wrote: »
    They have 1300 full time scouts, and professional football teams, have licensed there database.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool

Yes Villa and Newcastle! :p

Liverpool have no truck with this sort of thing, preferring a beer in front of MOTD

Doesn't mean it works though. Any article about this sort of thing that uses a picture of Solksjaer as a manager, is a clear sign of failure.

Yes Villa and Newcastle! :p

Liverpool have no truck with this sort of thing, preferring a beer in front of MOTD

Everton have been using it for 8 years, link here

How many top four finishes for Everton in the few years preceding that? I believe there was one at our expense.

And how many after?

At the end of the day, it's a computer game and it should be treated as such. I'm not saying it doesn't have its merits for scouting, but nearly every club gets by fine without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I would use it as a tool but not the be all and end all for transfers !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement