Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Its incredibly simple
    The pot is X pounds , over spending leaves less in the pot for the next buys.
    Only somebody who has never had a budget would not get it

And if they have to spend a certain amount of that pot to get a player they want, they will. Your post is pretty much irrelevant to what I said. They were always going to spend the money on Mane, why worry about it so much?

Whether or not we're "overspending" (I don't think so personally) I'll leave that judgement to the owners who I'm sure have been well advised on the matter, more so than flippant comments on a public forum.

We won't be short on money this summer for any of our genuine targets, with all the deadwood we are set to ship off, it's just not possible unless they think they have a shot at getting Reus or someone along those lines. Also, Mane won't be on nearly as high wages as your average £34m player, I doubt it'll be any more than £100-110k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't get what people want.

Often read that FSG should not be penny pinching and if they have to pay over the odds to get a deal done then so be it.

Now they have done what many wanted and people are still not happy.

The question is, does he improve our squad, and I think that is a yes.

Plus it's Southampton and it's fecking annoying!

Still, despite all this extra money we'll be selling Mario and Benteke for cut down prices because everybody will know we want rid.

Was it Barrett confirmed Klopp wants a striker, LB, CB and 2 CM's, can't remember the exact tweet.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

K-9 wrote: »
    Plus it's Southampton and it's fecking annoying!

Still, despite all this extra money we'll be selling Mario and Benteke for cut down prices because everybody will know we want rid.

Was it Barrett confirmed Klopp wants a striker, LB, CB and 2 CM's, can't remember the exact tweet.

At this rate the club will be lucky to get a penny for ballotelli , he is the most frustrating player in the world ! Immensely talented but a liability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mane signing is good in that it weakens a team around us in table. City are experts at doing that, buy up talent from teams around them and then throw them on to bench or into reserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I like the signing of Mane and if he gets 10-15 assists and 8-10 goals he will be a great signing.

I wonder will Benteke be given a bit more time now seen as we will have Mane, Marko and Ojo which gives us the option to switch up our style dramatically, when necessary and play wide on the wings into him.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I like the signing of Mane and if he gets 10-15 assists and 8-10 goals he will be a great signing.

I wonder will Benteke be given a bit more time now seen as we will have Mane, Marko and Ojo which gives us the option to switch up our style dramatically, when necessary and play wide on the wings into him.

I still don't see a place for Benteke in the side, he just isn't able to do the pressing Klopp wants from him, it doesn't suit his large frame or style of play. Benteke is a great player for a team that plays to his strengths, but that isn't us sadly. Hope we don't sell him to West Ham because he would do some serious damage for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

martyos121 wrote: »
    I still don't see a place for Benteke in the side, he just isn't able to do the pressing Klopp wants from him, it doesn't suit his large frame or style of play. Benteke is a great player for a team that plays to his strengths, but that isn't us sadly. Hope we don't sell him to West Ham because he would do some serious damage for them.

I don't think he suits us 100% either but I wouldn't let him leave for less than £25m this summer. Keep him until January if there were no offers above the £25m

K-9 wrote: »

IIRC there was no mention of a striker, it was a winger :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99955424&postcount=4818

No mention of LB either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Another Southampton player shock horror.

Why dont Liverpool buy out Southampton?

We need a future world class footballer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Should just poach their scouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's just an underwhelming signing. Not much more to say, other than the club is seemingly satisfied with its approach in previous summers.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mane signing is good in that it weakens a team around us in table. City are experts at doing that, buy up talent from teams around them and then throw them on to bench or into reserves.

That's a depressing thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's just an underwhelming signing. Not much more to say, other than the club is seemingly satisfied with its approach in previous summers.

Surprised Lloyd, thought you would have liked this signing. Aggressive type of player that I thought you would like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think mane will quickly show some of the negative posters here that hes a quality player. Fee was a bit high perhaps but who cares we got our man. Cant wait to see a front four of coutiniho, firmino, sturridge and mane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Rodgers rebuffed the TC regarding Mane two years ago so yes you are right! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We haven't lacked goals since Klopp got into the swing of things and there is goals in the below. (Not adding the player who misses 60% of games.)

Coutinho
    Firmino
    Mane
    (Markovic)
    (Lallana)
    (Ojo)

Origi

(Ings)

I want to see the defense and CM sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Surprised Lloyd, thought you would have liked this signing. Aggressive type of player that I thought you would like.
    #Manball

Number 29 eh? Considering he's now in the same company as Friedel, Luzi, Paletta and Borini, it doesn't bode too well. :pac:

Hinestly though a great signing, delighted with it myself. Exactly what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We haven't lacked goals since Klopp got into the swing of things and there is goals in the below. (Not adding the player who misses 60% of games.)

Coutinho
    Firmino
    Mane
    (Markovic)
    (Lallana)
    (Ojo)

Origi

(Ings)

I want to see the defense and CM sorted out.

Sturridge?
    Already forgetting StIngs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

One thing I do like about Mane is he offers something different to the players he will in competition with to start games. Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana are all nice ball players but generally don't make many runs past the front man. Mane has real pace, is direct and will get into goal scoring positions. Badly needed as even Sturridge is not as quick as he once was.

Hopefully Klopp can get a bit more consistency out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

€34 million.

What a waste of Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So, the Iceland keeper?

Mane should work out to be a good signing at worst :)
    Looks like a first 11 player and removes our tendancy to play too many #10 types.

So we've added a proven PL winger with a great strike rate for a winger, we've a goalkeeper to at least challenge Mignolet, a new CM and a CB.

Not too much to complain about if you accept we aren't going to buy/attract £50m players :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

mormank wrote: »

Edit: before you run straight to Suarez as your answer he was roughly the same price as Mane, allowing for inflation, and coming from a weaker league. Only Rebel advocated his signing and claimed he would become world class with us.

I didn't specifically say with Liverpool as I didn't want him leaving Ajax...but I did claim he could become world class back in 2009 - over a year before he joined Liverpool ;)

I was delighted we got him at the time and was talking him up way more than Carroll!
    his technical level is top drawer and with youth on his side I honestly think he can be a world class striker.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62529497&postcount=20

Crystal Palace have had a €38M bid for Batshauyi accepted by Marseille.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Augeo wrote: »
    Mane should work out to be a good signing at worst :)
    Looks like a first 11 player and removes our tendancy to play too many #10 types.

So we've added a proven PL winger with a great strike rate for a winger, we've a goalkeeper to at least challenge Mignolet, a new CM and a CB.

Not too much to complain about if you accept we aren't going to buy/attract £50m players :)

Did I miss something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Crystal Palace have had a €38M bid for Batshauyi accepted by Marseille.

Wrong thread! Or are you making a point about how cheap them foreign strikers in foreign leagues are? :D

Did I miss something?

Apologies for the vagueness, Marko Grujić, bought in last transfer window but only joining us this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Augeo wrote: »
    Apologies for the vagueness, Marko Grujić, bought in last transfer window but only joining us this summer.

Ah, I thought he was a winger!

Wrong thread! Or are you making a point about how cheap them foreign strikers in foreign leagues are? :D

Well we were linked to him at one point but yeah when Palace are willing to spend that kind of money it shows how inflated the market will be this Summer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The football transfer market has gone Batshauyi crazy!

At least none of the Liverpool players got a game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

At least none of the Liverpool players got a game tonight.

You being smart mister?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You being smart mister?

Maybe... there was a number of invisible players out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Didier Hamann on now lamenting the quality of the premier League. "English clubs paying world class money for average players ". Saido Mane anyone?

He got a game alright but as usual was playing for Daniel Sturridge FC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    He got a game alright but as usual was playing for Daniel Sturridge FC.

Seemed to rub off on Kane as well.

Tonight's result brings back awful memories of that spoofer managing our club and talking of historic draws with Trabsponzor.

How he got the England job is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    So, the Iceland keeper?

I'd go for the Supervalu one myself...

• Advertisement

Seemed to rub off on Kane as well.

And Alli, more concerned about having a moment for the cameras than the team.

Youre a real Mr Glass half full guy, aren't you?

I'd go for the Supervalu one myself...

Good quality own brand there. Although, they don't call them goalkeepers but rather nettenders.

Youre a real Mr Glass half full guy, aren't you?.

That glass is always cracked and never fills more than half full.

That glass is always cracked and never fills more than half full.

Spends a lot of the time in the dishwasher but does have a good water to glass ratio, one of the best for the Press, if only it was clean more, we could be dinning out at the top of the table.

Spends a lot of the time in the dishwasher but does have a good water to glass ratio, one of the best for the Press, if only it was clean more, we could be dinning out at the top of the table.

When the glass goes away on picnic duty it always seems to come back with an even bigger crack too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Sturridge hated again. It's all good. **** England it's all about liverpool

Sturridge was played out of position though. How Harry Kane got so may minutes was bizarre.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sturridge was played out of position though. How Harry Kane got so may minutes was bizarre.

How was he played out of position, he was up front?

How was he played out of position, he was up front?
    He played on the right wing in a front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Kane and Alli were awful all tournament yet it will be the likes of Sterling and Sturridge who will get most of flack

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement