Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Kane and Alli were awful all tournament yet it will be the likes of Sterling and Sturridge who will get most of flack

People react strangely when it's their own team they're analysing. I thought Sturridge was pretty poor tonight, in keeping with the rest of his team's performance.
    Then again, I was one of those who, though I enjoyed the first half of the Ireland match yesterday, cringed a little at the lack of match fitness and our desperately poor technique.
    It's ok to criticise your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Kane and Alli were awful all tournament yet it will be the likes of Sterling and Sturridge who will get most of flack
    It shouldn't be a concern, the main thing is that the players are returning uninjured and they didn't play too much in the heat so it was a nice holiday.

Thankfully the wise old head decided to build the team around the Tottenham core - Walker, Rose, Dier, Alli and Kane. The Tottenham players looked dead on their feet before the end of the domestic season and their starring roles in the England team performances won't have lifted their spirits. Pochettino could have a job on his hands getting performances from them at the start of the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

niallo27 wrote: »
    Sturridge hated again. It's all good. **** England it's all about liverpool
    Hes hated because he was an utter disgrace tonight, him and Sterling are nothing players, paid sick money and they dont give 2 ****s

Fellas been a millionaire since he was 17 bouncing around in a Range Rover, doesnt give a flying ****. Take away his pace and theres nothing left, 2 total and utter frauds . Bunch of millionaire overhyped overpaid Prem players exposed by Icelandic fishermen, says it all for Liverpool and the Premier League. No wonder Leicester City journeymen won the league!

The money has destroyed the league, the whole things a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Hes hated because he was an utter disgrace tonight, him and Sterling are nothing players, paid sick money and they dont give 2 ****s

Fellas been a millionaire since he was 17 bouncing around in a Range Rover, doesnt give a flying ****. Take away his pace and theres nothing left, 2 total and utter frauds . Bunch of millionaire overhyped overpaid Prem players exposed by Icelandic fishermen, says it all for Liverpool and the Premier League. No wonder Leicester City journeymen won the league!

I can't help but wonder how much money did you have on England?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Talisman wrote: »
    I can't help but wonder how much money did you have on England?
    Not as much as you spend watching these frauds every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

See Batshuayi to Palace for £32m, there is nothing crazy about the Mane fee its the going rate now. Both players with very similar scoring records.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

rob316 wrote: »
    See Batshuayi to Palace for £32m, there is nothing crazy about the Mane fee its the going rate now. Both players with very similar scoring records.

Looks like there's going to be a massive influx of quality to the PL this summer at the very least. Better competition should do two things:

1. Improve English clubs performance in Europe.
    2. Give the underdogs a shot at glory like Leicester did last season.

Going to be exciting one way or another, but so much harder to win the league title for any side when there's 19 teams that could beat you on their day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

martyos121 wrote: »
    Looks like there's going to be a massive influx of quality to the PL this summer at the very least. Better competition should do two things:

1. Improve English clubs performance in Europe.
    2. Give the underdogs a shot at glory like Leicester did last season.

Going to be exciting one way or another, but so much harder to win the league title for any side when there's 19 teams that could beat you on their day.

I don't see how you think a more competitive league will improve English team's performances in Europe? I think it has an opposite effect. I think the fact that the 'big 4' have a battle on their hands in each game of the PL season can only hinder their performances in Europe, draining players alot more than other leagues. By comparison the likes of Barcelona and Bayern play training games in their respective leagues in between european games. The German league used to be revered as one of the most competitive in Europe but has become a farce in recent seasons much like the French league. Thank god for Atletico breaking up the Duopoly in Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

True, I don't think being the most competitive or "best" league matters, didn't mean anything when English clubs dominated Europe in the late 70's and early 80's either and foreign players wasn't really a factor then.

Everybody goes on about how far behind England, Ireland etc. are but nothing ever seems to change.

As for England, never settled on a front 3 at all and Sturridge is there most talented striker, chopping and changing things doesn't change that. As for Hodgson, nothing new there, England accepted mediocrity when they appointed him, and yesterday plus the WC just proved what everybody knew anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

1800-778899 Anger management helpline..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So, reality check - we are not in the CL, there are probably 20 clubs out there more interesting than us in terms of profile, location, European football and ability to pay the wages. We will keep needing to pay that bit extra to attract good players after good seasons, like we did with Firmino, Lovren, Benteke and now Mane.

But no-one on here should care about the fee. Sterling wasn't worth what we got. It's swings and roundabouts.
    Question is whether he is good enough - his pace, finishing and composure certainly suggests he'll be a very good acquisition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

True, £20-30 million seems to be what we end up paying for good PL players these days.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dickerty wrote: »
    So, reality check - we are not in the CL, there are probably 20 clubs out there more interesting than us in terms of profile, location, European football and ability to pay the wages. We will keep needing to pay that bit extra to attract good players after good seasons, like we did with Firmino, Lovren, Benteke and now Mane.

But no-one on here should care about the fee. Sterling wasn't worth what we got. It's swings and roundabouts.
    Question is whether he is good enough - his pace, finishing and composure certainly suggests he'll be a very good acquisition...

Im very happy with him signing, I think he'll add something more than just Lallana's spinning on the ball on one spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone else glad that our boys played so small a part of the England Euros? :D Spurs lost it really....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Anyone else glad that our boys played so small a part of the England Euros? :D Spurs lost it really....

I just wonder why Harry Kane can't play like that in a Spurs shirt...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Sending out half the starting outfield of a team that lost form and bottle at the business end of the season in a big European game was asking for trouble alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Milkers wrote: »
    Sending out half the starting outfield of a team that lost form and bottle at the business end of the season in a big European game was asking for trouble alright.

Still probably better than sending out a team full of players who lost form at every end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Give me milner over sterling all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Not believing until I see the lean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I got one of those!

thumb_22695_default_news_size_5.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

We did lack a fast winger last year. Hopefully Klopp can get the best out of Sadio Mane. Happy enough with the signing but it is too much money. Looking forward to seeing him play for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hopefully he gets some more consistency. At his best one of the best forwards in the PL.
    We have some very good options in attack now Sturridge,Ings,Origi,Mane,Coutinho & Firmino all capable of getting goals at a consistent rate if selected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

MD1990 wrote: »
    Hopefully he gets some more consistency. At his best one of the best forwards in the PL.
    We have some very good options in attack now Sturridge,Ings,Origi,Mane,Coutinho & Firmino all capable of getting goals at a consistent rate if selected.

.... as long as five them aren't long term injured come Spetember!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I've never seen the fanbase so underwhelmed by a big transfer. Hopefully Sadio can hit the ground running... just 10 days to go to the first pre-season friendly!

3eFzBrP.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Ardent wrote: »
    Didier Hamann on now lamenting the quality of the premier League. "English clubs paying world class money for average players ". Saido Mane anyone?

Yes he is over-priced, it seems that a change in managers has not affected a change in buying pattern for our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm very happy with Mane coming in.

Lads are getting annoyed about the fee but the reality is fees are higher because of the tv money floating around. Granted it's a transfer between 2 PL sides. Prices have been going up and thats the way it is. Players coming in from around Europe are being overpriced too because the owning clubs know the PL teams have sh1tloads of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm happy enough with this signing. Price is mad but don't care , if he's a success then it will be a good investment.

He has the ability, but consistency is what he needs to improve on and that's where I trust Klopp to do his job.

I'm more worried about the upcoming interview, does he know about Liverpool, is he happy joining a big club and does he know about the special atmosphere at Anfield?

Pravda TV will have our new man primed!

Here's a basic question I think I know the answer to but I'd like to hear from my knowledgeable superthread brethren: what formation has Klopp favoured since arriving at Liverpool? It will also help to clarify the transfer moves he has made so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

The transfer fee is nothing in today's market.

There's no point ****ing around over a few million north or south. Like the fiasco with Client Dempsey a couple of years back. We would only pay 6, but they wanted 7.

Milkers wrote: »
    Here's a basic question I think I know the answer to but I'd like to hear from my knowledgeable superthread brethren: what formation has Klopp favoured since arriving at Liverpool? It will also help to clarify the transfer moves he has made so far.

4-2-3-1

but more of a 4-2-2-1-1 variation

Back 4, 2 CM, 2 wingers, AM, striker

The transfer fee is nothing in today's market.

There's no point ****ing around over a few million north or south. Like the fiasco with Client Dempsey a couple of years back. We would only pay 6, but they wanted 7.

Thank christ we only bid 6 then. Bullet dodged.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Thank christ we only bid 6 then. Bullet dodged.

In hindsight yes it was a bullet dodged. But the manager wanted a player, the club wouldn't pay the extra bit of money for him, and all we had was Suarez up front until January. Thank god he didn't get injured.

4-2-3-1

but more of a 4-2-2-1-1 variation

Back 4, 2 CM, 2 wingers, AM, striker

What's the difference between 4231 and 42211? Also was wondering when Sturridge or Origi played up front, does that mean one of Coutinho or Firmino was playing as a winger?

With some dedicated wide attack it'll be interesting to see if he decides to give three up a go with a - narrow trident for some games

Karius
    Clyne--Lovren-Matip--Gomez
    Can
    Zeilinski
    Coutinho
    ---Mane-Studge-Origi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Fellas been a millionaire since he was 17 bouncing around in a Range Rover, doesnt give a flying ****. Take away his pace and theres nothing left, 2 total and utter frauds . Bunch of millionaire overhyped overpaid Prem players exposed by Icelandic fishermen, says it all for Liverpool and the Premier League.
    The Elite my hole! Away back to Anfield with you and give Sturridge, Sterling , Lallana and Henderson your money while they laugh at you in the dressing room.

I'm convinced this guy thinks Sterling plays for Liverpool

Green Fella is one of the Euro summer camp visitors isn't he? I would explain a few things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

This good enough for ya?

35C02A2100000578-3663792-image-m-68_1467114762505.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lean and thumbs up......sh*t just got real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Don't forget oul Shanks.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    This good enough for ya?

35C02A2100000578-3663792-image-m-68_1467114762505.jpg

Nice watch, good leaning form with the the left arm, clenched fist with the thumbs up is a bold touch but it just works, right arm extended the perfect amount, measured yet suave facial expression.

Textbook lean. TEXTBOOK.

Mane is number 19. The last players to wear 19 here were
    • Steven Caulker
    • Javier Manquillo
    • Stewart Downing
    • Ryan Babel
    • Fernando Morientes
    • Pegguy Arphexad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

With some dedicated wide attack it'll be interesting to see if he decides to give three up a go with a - narrow trident for some games

Karius
    Clyne--Lovren-Matip--Gomez
    Can
    Zeilinski
    Coutinho
    ---Mane-Studge-Origi

I wouldn't discount Milner on the right, especially the way he played after Christmas (as long as it's not in CM) and Mane on the left.

Mane is number 19. The last players to wear 19 here were
    • Steven Caulker
    • Javier Manquillo
    • Stewart Downing
    • Ryan Babel
    • Fernando Morientes
    • Pegguy Arphexad

Crikey so we're not expecting much from him then! Prolly for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God i love a good lean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm happy enough with this signing. Price is mad but don't care , if he's a success then it will be a good investment.

He has the ability, but consistency is what he needs to improve on and that's where I trust Klopp to do his job.

I'm more worried about the upcoming interview, does he know about Liverpool, is he happy joining a big club and does he know about the special atmosphere at Anfield?
    Pravda TV will have our new man primed!

Here you go then :)

https://streamable.com/utvu

He describes himself as a striker in that interview (which by the way is nearly unwatchable don't do it to yourselves).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Our lads did well when they were actually given a game. Clyne in particular has a right to be very cheesed off, it's a much, much better player than Walker, but yet overlooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Our lads did well when they were actually given a game. Clyne in particular has a right to be very cheesed off, it's a much, much better player than Walker, but yet overlooked.

Milner should also be cheesed off too he would have done a much better job then Rooney did last night

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement