Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

hefferboi wrote: »
    Only Irish players I'd take are Coleman and McCarthy. Happy with Clyne, though but McCarthy would be an upgrade on Henderson, imo.

He would? I think people forget how many goals and assists Hendo contributed when he was fully fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Martin Skrtel will join Fenerbahce subject to personal terms being dealt with. £5m is the fee.

Good riddance,thanks for the service and all that but he is a clown.

Either means another centre half is coming in or else the club is confident sakho will win his doping case. Cant imagine usngoing into the season with lovren, matip and a recouperating joe gomez as our options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Martin Skrtel will join Fenerbahce subject to personal terms being dealt with. £5m is the fee.
    Better than I expected.

I'd have thought whoever bought him would expect to receive at least £10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Best of luck Martin, thanks for somethings....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

hefferboi wrote: »
    Only Irish players I'd take are Coleman and McCarthy. Happy with Clyne, though but McCarthy would be an upgrade on Henderson, imo.

Agreed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Martin gave us some rock solid performances and some scary moments.
    Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I will miss some of the good times we had with Martin, but he has deteriorated a lot in the last 2 years IMO...

Great servant though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

That's not a bad amount to pay to get rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Skrtel calling Klopp a dickhead on Instagram. Comments since been deleted.

Should've just kept his gob shut and left quietly. Gave the club some great moments (those headers vs Arsenal!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Umaro wrote: »
    Skrtel calling Klopp a dickhead on Instagram. Comments since been deleted.

Should've just kept his gob shut and left quietly. Gave the club some great moments (those headers vs Arsenal!).

CmHhCUfXEAAwPn7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have to say ive lost a lot of respect for skrtel after seeing that

ricero wrote: »

Bit of a sour end to things....

I await his "letter to the fans"....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Do I need to know how to read Slovakian for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Better than I expected.

I'd have thought whoever bought him would expect to receive at least £10m.

You'd also have to pay me 5m just to move to Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Signed for 6.5M sold for 5.5M with over 200 appearances not a bad return, gave us a lot however he has become an absolute liability, and as cold as this may sound I'm absolutely delighted he'll never play for us again.

Best of luck to him, but if the reports are true re Klopp, then not a great way to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ricero wrote: »

Maybe you could translate it so the rest of of us can feel the outrage too?

Silly season is well and truly upon us:

Depay to Liverpool?

I know its only joe.ie, but fcuk me what are they smoking over there.....
    Odds have shortened significantly on Memphis Depay cutting short his stay at Manchester United to move down the road to Liverpool.

Ladbrokes have reduced odds on the Dutch winger swapping Old Trafford for Anfield from 7/2 to 7/4, with reports that Jose Mourinho wants rid of the player who only joined United from PSV Eindhoven last summer.

If he does move from United to Liverpool, Depay will become the first player since Phil Chisnall in 1964 to make the move directly between the two clubs.

While a number of players in recent years - including Michael Owen, Paul Ince and Peter Beardsley - have played for both sides, they turned out for other clubs in between.

Ladbrokes News’ Dave Burin said: "Man United fans will have a new Public Enemy No. 1 if their big-money buy swaps the Stretford End for the Kop this summer."

Mentioning Peter Beardsley is stretching things a bit - or a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Joe.ie, my granny is a better source than joe, and she reckons he's not joining.

• Advertisement

Depay to Liverpool?

I somehow doubt that one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Are you on drugs?

I could be..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Vicxas wrote: »
    Silly season is well and truly upon us:

Depay to Liverpool?

I know its only joe.ie, but fcuk me what are they smoking over there.....
    clickbait.ie. Very cringy & cheap site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't they just rehash everything, what's the original source?

Even if both clubs came to an agreement The Pie is a poor mans Ibe, no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I don't do Instagram because I'm a grown up man, but am I right in saying that his comments were made in a private conversation?

Irrespective though, understandable him disliking Klopp. He's been at Liverpool a few years and Klopp has come in and decided he's not up to it. That's life obviously, but doesn't mean it's not a kick in the balls to be told by your manager that you're surplus to requirements

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

skrtel ya knob haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't do Instagram because I'm a grown up man, but am I right in saying that his comments were made in a private conversation?

Irrespective though, understandable him disliking Klopp. He's been at Liverpool a few years and Klopp has come in and decided he's not up to it. That's life obviously, but doesn't mean it's not a kick in the balls to be told by your manager that you're surplus to requirements

im a grown up man too and i do use instagram,the whole point of the damm thing is to share images like hahaha..its the opposite of private

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That's life obviously, but doesn't mean it's not a kick in the balls to be told by your manager that you're surplus to requirements

I suppose when you come on at HT and your team is up 2-0 and you give a penalty within minutes and then proceed to suck ass for the next 45 minutes I suppose it should not really come as a shock.

If he had even a passing interest in his career he should have realised it 2 seasons ago anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

im a grown up man too and i do use instagram,the whole point of the damm thing is to share images like hahaha..its the opposite of private

It was a light hearted comment, I didn't necessarily mean it literally. I'm sure it does have its uses but it's easier for me to attribute my lack of understanding of it to maturity :pac:
    NukaCola wrote: »
    I suppose when you come on at HT and your team is up 2-0 and you give a penalty within minutes and then proceed to suck ass for the next 45 minutes I suppose it should not really come as a shock.

If he had even a passing interest in his career he should have realised it 2 seasons ago anyway.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be punted, just that nobody likes to be told that they're not up to it. Probably more so professional footballers who generally have a very high sense of self worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The comments are visible to anyone on instagram. The only way is to have a private profile but you also have the scenario that if it's private then one of your followers could have leaked it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Good riddance to Skrtel. He's fking ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Milkers wrote: »
    Good riddance to Skrtel. He's fking ****e.

You're not much of a supporter. He was a good loyal servant to the club. I wish him all the best in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You're not much of a supporter. He was a good loyal servant to the club. I wish him all the best in the future.

He was indeed a good servant to the club, but in all fairness he has a point, he is now shîte and for the sake of the team I'm glad to be rid of him.

He scored some great goals against Man City down the years, for that I am grateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Utter nonsense. Loyal servant? Why how many other clubs came looking for him and offered him more money than Liverpool were paying him that he turned down? Loyalty in modern football is a pretty laughable notion when it comes to players and clubs.

I'm a supporter of LFC not Martin Skrtel btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

He has now apologized saying it was a friend of his who put up the comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't they just rehash everything, what's the original source?

Even if both clubs came to an agreement The Pie is a poor mans Ibe, no thanks.

Pretty sure the source was the hairy white news outlet down the back of the author's strides.

Palace look to Benteke
    Anfield HQ ✔
    @AnfieldHQ

Crystal Palace are exploring a move for Christian Benteke after missing out on Michy Batshuayi. #lfc (@MirrorDarren) http://www.
    mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-ham-vs-crystal-palace-8309637 …
    6:14 PM - 29 Jun 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Palace look to Benteke

Good news. Anything less than £30m for him would be a travesty considering the current state of the market, how much they offered for Batshuayi and Benteke's relative worth.

Benteke would be great for Palace or West Brom.

• Advertisement

Mane v Bayern Munich in January 2014 friendly , the home side put out a strong starting 11 so it's not like BM weren't trying at least somewhat.

He plays off the left in this game is pretty excellent

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2014/01/18/world/club-friendlies/fc-red-bull-salzburg/fc-bayern-munchen/1630393/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Batshuayi for more than Mané should make everyone feel slightly better about the Sadio fee.

Not that any of us should really care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

For the record, Skrtel was never that great for us. Always headless, but he was quick enough for a few years to cover for much of that.

Never even close to elite level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bellamy thoughts on Skrtel leaving:

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. I wish him well."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It took Klopp only a handful of games to see what Skrtel really is.

He has become a joke footballer in the last 2 years and hasnt been good enough for us for at least 4 seasons imo. To be brutally honest, he is lucky to have worn the shirt for as long as he has. He has elongated his LFC career way beyond what his ability and intelligence on the pitch has deserved. A man of his length of service and age should have been a good choice for captain in the young squads we have had more recently. He never played like a captain and never deserved it.

Many of my archived posts down the years on this thread have been emboldened by my fervent dislike of the player. I simply cant sit here and write about the good times because with him i have very little. I have spent years with my face in my hands watching him defend.

I would love to have been able to write a glowing epitaph to Skrtel. Sadly im just delighted to see the back of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

daithijjj wrote: »

He has become a joke footballer in the last 2 years and hasnt been good enough for us for at least 4 seasons imo. To be brutally honest, he is lucky to have worn the shirt for as long as he has. He has elongated his LFC career way beyond what his ability and intelligence on the pitch has deserved. A man of his length of service and age should have been a good choice for captain in the young squads we have had more recently. He never played like a captain and never deserved it.

Many of my archived posts down the years on this thread have been emboldened by my fervent dislike of the player. I simply cant sit here and write about the good times because with him i have very little. I have spent years with my face in my hands watching him defend.

I would love to have been able to write a glowing epitaph to Skrtel. Sadly im just delighted to see the back of him.
    He's a good defender in the right system.

We had that system for a while but don't anymore.

A high line and attacking fullbacks will never be his cup of tea, more a deep (very,very deep) line and actual fullbacks and not auxiliary attackers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Mane v Bayern Munich in January 2014 friendly , the home side put out a strong starting 11 so it's not like BM weren't trying at least somewhat.

He plays off the left in this game is pretty excellent

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2014/01/18/world/club-friendlies/fc-red-bull-salzburg/fc-bayern-munchen/1630393/

If they were trying they wouldn't have lost 3-0 to Red Bull Salzburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

To give Skrtel his due, he was probably a better striker in 13/14 than we've seen at the club since.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Gbear wrote: »
    To give Skrtel his due, he was probably a better striker in 13/14 than we've seen at the club since.:o

You have to give him that first 10 minutes against Arsenal in February '14. Damn near shat the togs laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Now that it's clear Skrtel's going, we badly need another CB; Lovren, Sakho and Matip is not enough for a squad imo.

Would love to see us having a crack at Niklas Süle from Hoffenheim.

daithijjj wrote: »

****, you spent a lot of time with your head in your hands!

Do you find people don't recognise you at work? "Who's the new lad" And the missus is wondering who the new man is lounging round the house?!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement