Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

mormank wrote: »
    My younger brother (The Arsenal fan/black sheep of the family) was telling me the other day that Ozil told Joachim Löw that he would rather quit playing football than not observe Ramadan, so he is suffering through and I'm sure there plenty of others doing it that we are not aware of as I've heard similar stories in the past.

Think Emre Can is the same. Poor ****ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Its May/June this year so if it moves forward a bit every year then by the time it reaches mid-late August he'll have left the club anyway!

Wrong.

It moves back 10-11 days a year so by 2020 it will be in mid-april.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan_(calendar_month)#Timing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wrong.

It moves back 10-11 days a year so by 2020 it will be in mid-april.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan_(calendar_month)#Timing

That shows it is Ramadan at the moment so i presume the players at the euro s are fasting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I see Mourinho is resorting to type. Assemble the most expensive team in the league and claim all the glory when you win but if they lose it will the the expensive prima donnas fault. Pogba for 86 million!

They have a favourable start though so can see him building momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I see Mourinho is resorting to type. Assemble the most expensive team in the league and claim all the glory when you win but if they lose it will the the expensive prima donnas fault. Pogba for 86 million!

They have a favourable start though so can see him building momentum.

United got a great structure in place in the early to mid 90s and have really seen the benefits of it over the last 20 or so years.

I really am jealous of how well they got their house in order back then.

• Advertisement

Its May/June this year so if it moves forward a bit every year then by the time it reaches mid-late August he'll have left the club anyway!

FYI

http://www.ichild.co.uk/p/when-is-ramadan-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020-2021-2022

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So we're okay for a few years! (why is everything in the Islamic world backwards?)

2017 May 27 June 25
    2018 May 16 June 14
    2019 May 6 June 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So we're okay for a few years! (why is everything in the Islamic world backwards?)

Not when we make the Champions League final in 2018...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not when we make the Champions League final in 2018...

That's a long time away, will Europe still even be a thing by then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Have highlighted the players I expect to leave (that's one of Allen and Lucas btw - we're just too busy in that part of the pitch, I don't want either gone personally) and I think leaves gaps at CB and LB.

Would be disappointed to see us short in those roles at the end of the window really.
    If Klopp wants to cull the squad, this summer is the perfect time to do it because we only have domestic competitions next season. If we secure a place in the Champions League then he will be in a position to target better quality players to strengthen the first team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ramadan - better movement than Fabio Borini.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Religion and their random rules are really irritating. The sooner everyone stops believing in that crap the better everyone will be. A long way off though sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Excellent. After the triumphs that were Schweinsteiger and Falcao, another aging superstar on insane wages is exactly what United needed.

£450,000 a week FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

sword1 wrote: »
    That shows it is Ramadan at the moment so i presume the players at the euro s are fasting

That might explain Turkeys **** performance...

£450,000 a week FFS

I refuse to believe that.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    United got a great structure in place in the early to mid 90s and have really seen the benefits of it over the last 20 or so years.

I really am jealous of how well they got their house in order back then.

The built a great structure then but now they're going as crazy as everyone else.

A player they let leave to Juventus for 800,000 compensation they look to buy back for 86 million pounds!!

Offering a 35 year £220,000 a week.

Paying Falcao £285,000 a week on a season long loan.

Anders Herrera was 30 million pounds in 2014.

Luke Shaw was 30 million pounds in 2014.

Paying 58 million pounds for Martial

Paying 60 million pounds for Angel Di Maria and selling him a year later for 44 million pounds.

Mourinho is United's last hope here to get them back to challenging for titles.
    If he doesn't they're heading down the same road as us.

And arguably next year will be harder for him than this year with going up against Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger, Conte, Pochettino.

It will be interesting to see if he takes the Europa League seriously now as well after rubbishing it a few seasons ago just to put down Benitez winning it with Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

dogbert27 wrote: »
    The built a great structure then but now they're going as crazy as everyone else.

A player they let leave to Juventus for 800,000 compensation they look to buy back for 86 million pounds!!

Offering a 35 year £220,000 a week.

Paying Falcao £285,000 a week on a season long loan.

Anders Herrera was 30 million pounds in 2014.

Luke Shaw was 30 million pounds in 2014.

Paying 58 million pounds for Martial

Paying 60 million pounds for Angel Di Maria and selling him a year later for 44 million pounds.

Mourinho is United's last hope here to get them back to challenging for titles.
    If he doesn't they're heading down the same road as us.

And arguably next year will be harder for him than this year with going up against Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger, Conte, Pochettino.

It will be interesting to see if he takes the Europa League seriously now as well after rubbishing it a few seasons ago just to put down Benitez winning it with Chelsea.

The new Chelsea of the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

WarZ wrote: »
    The new Chelsea of the PL.

Lets not go down this road.

United are not propped up by a Russian oligarch or Arab oil money from regimes with human rights abuses.

They're a powerhouse of corporate sponsorship and global merchandising. If you live in Japan theres Man Utd players on your pot noodle. Its a huge global brand.

They earn their money fairly, and they can spend it wherever they like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Lads the world's gone mad. Watford just rejected a 37.5 million pound bid for ighalo from some Chinese team! Same crowd that bought hulk. Surely balotelli is due a bid from China at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

]Monkey Sponge
    @monkey_sponge

Moussa Sissoko has caught the eye of Jürgen Klopp but Newcastle will hold out for around £12m for the midfielder according to The Guardian
    8:42 AM - 1 Jul 2016

11 Retweets
    9 likes

Edit - that guardian link is the rumour-mill so forget it
    Alex Miller
    @alexmiller73

Poland exit from Euro 16 last night should see @LFC complete a deal for Piotr Zielinski for a fee of approx. £9.5m
    9:06 AM - 1 Jul 2016

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A mate of mine who is a Newcastle nutter would snap a €50 groupon for a massage and a bag of seedless grapes of us in exchange for Sissoko.

Sometimes he can be excellent. Most times he is horrendous.

I think the latter is because he has no motivation to play for Newcastle.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    he has no motivation to play for Newcastle.

I wouldnt touch a player like that with a barge pole.

It's officially No Kolo No More Day :(

Kolo-Toure-Liverpool.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    A mate of mine who is a Newcastle nutter would snap a €50 groupon for a massage and a bag of seedless grapes of us in exchange for Sissoko.

Is it one of those massages with the 'happy ending'? :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kfallon wrote: »
    Is it one of those massages with the 'happy ending'? :p
    for 50 notes it bloodywell better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looks like we dodged the bullet that is Andros Townsend who had been linked with us recently. He's just signed for Palace.

Thank f*ck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

GBX wrote: »
    Looks like we dodged the bullet that is Andros Townsend who had been linked with us recently. He's just signed for Palace.

Thank f*ck :D

Never. He wasn't? Was he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

5starpool wrote: »
    Religion and their random rules are really irritating. The sooner everyone stops believing in that crap the better everyone will be. A long way off though sadly.

Don't elite sports stars get an exemption from the fasting? I seem to recall a fatwa declared for a few of them a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

razorblunt wrote: »
    Don't elite sports stars get an exemption from the fasting? I seem to recall a fatwa declared for a few of them a few years back.

They get an exemption but a lot (most?) don't use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus wept, Balotelli is coming back to Anfield.

Well he has to really! He'll be got rid of somewhere - he has one year left on his contract so it's not a big deal, feck him off on loan again for all I care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Well he has to really! He'll be got rid of somewhere - he has one year left on his contract so it's not a big deal, feck him off on loan again for all I care.

That or pay off the final year and cut him free

I'm sure he's willing to prove himself to Klopp and fight for his place!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vicxas wrote: »

Joe Allen is too busy today to care about this.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »

Meh. If he doesn't like the triple training sessions Klopp is putting them through I'm sure he'll be 'injured' soon enough.

5starpool wrote: »
    Meh. If he doesn't like the triple training sessions Klopp is putting them through I'm sure he'll be 'injured' soon enough.

Maybe he needs a trademark Klopp Kuddle? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Colemania wrote: »
    Lads the world's gone mad. Watford just rejected a 37.5 million pound bid for ighalo from some Chinese team! Same crowd that bought hulk. Surely balotelli is due a bid from China at this stage!

This has bubble written all over it!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ighalo scored a few goals last year. Balotelli didnt. At this point you would have to pay a team to take him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

We should be giving tours of Anfield to Chinese clubs...taking them aside and talking and to them about who they can buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If you want a laugh, a cry, or an all round emotional roller coaster; This day 6 years ago Roy Hodgson was appointed Liverpool manager.

will-ferrell.gif

Knex. wrote: »
    If you want a laugh, a cry, or an all round emotional roller coaster; This day 6 years ago Roy Hodgson was appointed Liverpool manager.

will-ferrell.gif

UsMpjf9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Found these in a thread over on Reddit - Schalke fans on Matip:
    You can expect a tackling and interception monster. Simply a clever player who can read the situation and make an intelligent move rather than doing something nuts. Also he can really make the game as playmaker from behind. But for god's sake you need to give him competent teammates in the defense because then he can develop his full potential. I think Klopp exactly knows what he got there.
    I feel robbed
    It still hurts. But hey I couldn't think of a better club for him than Liverpool.

Nice to pick up a free transfer where a player is still very much wanted in their old club and actually entering their prime. That's quite a rare scenario, so hopefully it'll work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Knex. wrote: »
    Found these in a thread over on Reddit - Schalke fans on Matip:

Nice to pick up a free transfer where a player is still very much wanted in their old club and actually entering their prime. That's quite a rare scenario, so hopefully it'll work out.

Matip is the Anti-Skrtl

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Matip is the Anti-Skrtl

Exactly my thought as I read that. Only with the letter "e"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Matipe is the Anti-Skrtl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Exactly my thought as I read that. Only with the letter "e"

e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The echo today is saying that klopp still wants to do a bit more buisness and is looking a player who can control from the middle and offers defensive stability.

I reckon it be zielinski and a defensive midfielder in and lucas and allen out.

Daily Heil running with Bentexit to Palace, personal terms agreed story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3670307/Liverpool-striker-Christian-Benteke-agrees-personal-terms-Crystal-Palace-club-hold-30m-transfer-fee.html
    Christian Benteke is edging closer to leaving Liverpool after holding positive talks with Crystal Palace.

The Belgian suffered a disappointing first season at Anfield following a £32.5million switch from Aston Villa last summer.

Benteke, currently at Euro 2016, is not in Jurgen Klopp’s plans going forward and realises he may need to leave to avoid his career stagnating.

Sportsmail understands the 25-year-old’s representatives have verbally agreed to personal terms in principle after discussions with Palace officials this week.

Palace are extremely keen to land Benteke, who was chased by several Premier League sides this time last year.

Never like that word in a transfer story but more detail than the usual fluff pieces.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement