Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Fck it, I'd take the 25m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MD1990 wrote: »

I'd much rather ship him off abroad, he'll always score when he plays against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭Grueller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, thought that one would run and run, the transfer saga that is, not Benteke.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Liverpool have announced their new Training Kit and Global Online Betting Partner is BetVictor, replacing Garuda Airlines

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/225928-lfc-announces-betvictor-as-a-principal-partner

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool have announced their new Training Kit and Global Online Betting Partner is BetVictor, replacing Garuda Airlines

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/225928-lfc-announces-betvictor-as-a-principal-partner

Garuda Airlines bookmaking business wasn't the best, glad they are being replaced.

How did they come up with that company name?

Need someone to miss a sitter in stoppage time? BetVictor (Moses)

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Garuda Airlines bookmaking business wasn't the best, glad they are being replaced.

Ha ha I phrased it wrong.
    I ment to say they just replacing the previous principal partners Garuda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Knex. wrote: »
    If you want a laugh, a cry, or an all round emotional roller coaster; This day 6 years ago Roy Hodgson was appointed Liverpool manager.

will-ferrell.gif
    Who?;)

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'd much rather ship him off abroad, he'll always score when he plays against us.

Palace always seem to do us anyway so no change there then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fck it, I'd take the 25m.

Looks like we're playing hardball and holding out for more.

Only right in the current market and clubs do it to us all the time.

Good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seeing as we're basically swapping Benteke for Mane in terms of transfer fees you'd hope we'd have enough money left to go out and buy a quality CM and LB. Talk that the club is willing to offer 30M for Dahoud but that Mönchengladbach don't want to sell him until next Summer. Not sure what the alternatives are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Bit jealous of zatlan going to utd. I presume they are paying him crazy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

niallo27 wrote: »
    Bit jealous of zatlan going to utd. I presume they are paying him crazy money.

Meh..... I've always felt he was overrated. He is of course capable of the incredible but I dont really fear him to be honest. Scored a rake in Ligue 1 but it's a nothing league for PSG. At 34 he will have a decreasing influence on things over the combing seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

gafferino wrote: »
    Meh..... I've always felt he was overrated. He is of course capable of the incredible but I dont really fear him to be honest. Scored a rake in Ligue 1 but it's a nothing league for PSG. At 34 he will have a decreasing influence on things over the combing seasons.

He has the hair for the combing seasons, to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Grueller wrote: »
    I tip my hat to his bird as well!!!!!

I'd say you'd tip more then your hat, wink, wink..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

25 million rejected!? Are we waiting for 25 million and 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

gafferino wrote: »

Just noticed that he's won 9 league titles over the last 10 seasons.

That's an incredible record.

I wouldn't say there be too many players out there with that kind of silverware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ill reiterate lads. Selling Joe Allen will be a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Vicxas wrote: »

100% agreed...

If he doesn't want to stay though not much we can do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We'd be fúcking stupid to sell Joe Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SlickRic wrote: »
    We'd be fúcking stupid to sell Joe Allen.

He's a very good player but unfortunately has been plagued with injury with us.

Anytime he had a decent run in the team and he was improving he got injured again. I would like to see him stay though. Was excellent whenever Klopp called upon him in the latter part of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Robson-Kanu doing a quater Lallana turn to great effect.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He's a very good player but unfortunately has been plagued with injury with us.

Anytime he had a decent run in the team and he was improving he got injured again. I would like to see him stay though. Was excellent whenever Klopp called upon him in the latter part of last season.

Excellent since his birthday at Christmas.

Vicxas wrote: »

Fantastic performance by him again tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Welsh mascharano

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Recovered well from the loose pass that led to their goal. Delighted for Wales, I hope they beat Portugal as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can I just say how thrilled I am for Joe Allen and how relived I am Divock Origi, Christian Benteke and Simone Mignolet are not going to be associated with that omnishambles.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Recovered well from the loose pass that led to their goal. Delighted for Wales, I hope they beat Portugal as well.

In fairness to him, there was a hell of a lot of play after that pass and none if them got close to the Belgians in the run up to the goal.
    It was a poor pass though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We want 30m they bid 25m, this will be sorted soon enough you'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

rob316 wrote: »
    We want 30m they bid 25m, this will be sorted soon enough you'd imagine.

Hopefully another club is interested and we get a bidding war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

We might make a profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

We might make a profit

I can't see why not, he is only 25 ,scores some great goals, with up to 10 years left in his career he will score a lot of goals for a team suited to him, i would definitely prefer to see him go abroad, hate it when ex Liverpool players score against us,China would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just noticed that he's won 9 league titles over the last 10 seasons.

That's an incredible record.

I wouldn't say there be too many players out there with that kind of silverware.

Yeah it's a great record. I've just never rated him as world class like some do. As I said capable of great moments but not a player I would be particularly worried about facing from a Liverpool point of view. I don't see him having a huge impact on the league. UTD will have bigger threats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's mad that our fans cream themselves for the likes of Witsel, Mertens, and Nainggolan - but yet our very own Joe Allen goes and makes a mug of them all.

I really hope he stays, but I wouldn't blame him for leaving. When you're voted the least wanted player at a club, I am sure it leaves a mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It's mad that our fans cream themselves for the likes of Witsel, Mertens, and Nainggolan - but yet our very own Joe Allen goes and makes a mug of them all.

I really hope he stays, but I wouldn't blame him for leaving. When you're voted the least wanted player at a club, I am sure it leaves a mark.

He was voted least wanted at the club?? Where/when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He was voted least wanted at the club?? Where/when?
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-allen-liverpool-should-keep-11136084

That is just one snapshot. Like the article states, Joe Allen has consistently been one of the least wanted players at the club since he joined us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Joe Allen can not be sold.... I've been a fan of his since we signed him, he provides the link between defence and attack so well when fit, he has had his critics for sure, but if he was Spanish, French German or from Southampton would we not be delighted to have signed him?...
    Jurgen give him a decent run please

Yep, it's only Really the last few months he has got cult status. Many wanted him gone last Summer. I thought this season would be make or break for him and it wasn't looking good until the turn of the year. Injuries haven't helped at all.

Suppose like Lucas it comes down to game time, they might want to be team starters elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Jurgen knows best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-allen-liverpool-should-keep-11136084

That is just one snapshot. Like the article states, Joe Allen has consistently been one of the least wanted players at the club since he joined us.

for good reason though he was ****e for 95% of the games

Meh he never going to anything more than what he currently is, this is his best ever form by the way. I am at the stage that I don't want him gone anymore as he is a decent option in current form however I wont lose any sleep if he does go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Allen has always been a good player for us. Just unappreciated in an era obsessed with stats assists+goals.
    He joined when he was 22 & now at 26 he has shown in the last year he is improving as a player. We should keep him & hopefully he can stay injury free as that has been his biggest problem.

I remember when he joined initially he was superb but then lost form as he was playing with a shoulder injury during his 1st season. Selling him for 10m when championship players are costing more would be crazy.

Perhaps Allen might want to leave for guaranteed first team football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Said this before but I have flip flopped back and forth on my opinion of Allen since he joined.

He was instantly placed under a lot of pressure due to a soundbite from a manager who loved the sound of his own voice and who was eager to claim some credit for his development.

Started off well but when 'The Rodgers' ditched his philosophy after two weeks he couldn't figure out how to utilise Allen in a different way. I think the fact Klopp managed that in a couple of weeks shows just how much of an upgrade we have in him.

As it is now I would keep him (if he wants to stay). He offers something different to Milner's run around and fall over or Henderson's run around and kick the ball away cross field as soon as he gets it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

redzerdrog wrote: »
    for good reason though he was ****e for 95% of the games

Meh he never going to anything more than what he currently is, this is his best ever form by the way. I am at the stage that I don't want him gone anymore as he is a decent option in current form however I wont lose any sleep if he does go.

Allen is ok to have in certain types of games. Unfortunately he is next to useless in physical games, which the EPL is flush with. A starting Allen every week results in us finishing 6th/7th/8th tops imho.

Never be a better time to sell. Could easily be replaced and id be amazed/disappointed if Klopp didnt have a handfull of players in mind to come in. I also include Lucas in the out bracket. Sentiment reveals bad decisions more often than good ones. We have too many 'squad' players who get more starts than they should. That's why we have no European football in the coming season. Im expecting some ruthlessness over next couple of windows in terms of exits.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Said this before but I have flip flopped back and forth on my opinion of Allen since he joined.

He was instantly placed under a lot of pressure due to a soundbite from a manager who loved the sound of his own voice and who was eager to claim some credit for his development.

Started off well but when 'The Rodgers' ditched his philosophy after two weeks he couldn't figure out how to utilise Allen in a different way. I think the fact Klopp managed that in a couple of weeks shows just how much of an upgrade we have in him.

As it is now I would keep him (if he wants to stay). He offers something different to Milner's run around and fall over or Henderson's run around and kick the ball away cross field as soon as he gets it.

Ah now, Milner has surely earned his stripes in the last few months of the season. He's a bloody great winger. Such a shame he doesn't realise that's his best only position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I have incredibly high hopes for Liverpool this season. I really feel they will go all the way. Fantastic team, fantastic coach and unlike a lot of other PL teams, a fantastic attitude.

They are what every PL team should strive to be and hopefully this coming season they will be rewarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

sword1 wrote: »
    I can't see why not, he is only 25 ,scores some great goals, with up to 10 years left in his career he will score a lot of goals for a team suited to him, i would definitely prefer to see him go abroad, hate it when ex Liverpool players score against us,China would be great

Benteke would probably do great at Palace. They have loads of wingers getting crosses in. He'll score loads. And probably at least one against us too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hat trick is nailed on I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement