Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Boss and Boss.

thumb_22933_default_news_size_5.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/DLovren6/status/749295493772173312

Do you think Lovren knows that's not Sakho? Unless he's happy to have a forward who makes him look great in training again.

Is that Ballotelli?

Looks like he's aged 10 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

NukaCola wrote: »
    Mkhitaryan joining United, a team in the Europa league, probably highlights how unappealing we were as a destination under Rodgers.

Not having a go at Utd/BR obviously, just highlighting how ridiculous people sound when not having CL is used as a huge obstacle when trying to get deals done. The majority of players want to play for the best coachs and best players and obviously money helps a lot......

Also helps when you don't have a chairman on the other side messing about and willing to splash the cash in terms of wages for players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Knex. wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DLovren6/status/749295493772173312

Do you think Lovren knows that's not Sakho? Unless he's happy to have a forward who makes him look great in training again.

Clearly Cissokho...

• Advertisement

Lovren probably thinks it's Cissokho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Is that Ballotelli?

Looks like he's aged 10 years

Physically only though unfortunately.......

Luis Alberto returned to us? Thought he was going to be signed by Deportivo after what seemed like a successful loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Unpopular opinion, but I think Mario deserves one more season to prove himself.

At another club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Doodoo wrote: »
    Says he wants to see out his contract on BBC sport

"Liverpool have had an £11.7m bid for Poland midfielder Piotr Zielinski rejected by Udinese.

That is despite the fact the Italian club have accepted an identical offer from Serie A rivals Napoli.

Liverpool hope a deal can be done as Zielinski wants to join them, having indicated he is prepared to see out the remaining two years on his Udinese contract and leave on a free transfer."
    http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/36695597

Will that force Udinese hand?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

What are the pieces of tape covering, and why are they only covering some of tops? New sponsor that hasn't been announced but is already on some of the new training tops?

5starpool wrote: »
    What are the pieces of tape covering, and why are they only covering some of tops? New sponsor that hasn't been announced but is already on some of the new training tops?

Looks like new squad numbers. There is numbers written on the tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Grujic looks more like a defender than matip, that photo might be deceiving but grujic looks like he is at the end of a marathon and the other 2 are starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

martyos121 wrote: »

At another club.

I'd say very unpopular.

If carragher can't choose between Mario or diouf... I think that says it all.

"He has to be Liverpools worst signing along with Alberto Aquilani and El Hadji Diouf. -Jamie Carragher

Edit: I just noticed the last line of your post martyo. :)

Looks like new squad numbers. There is numbers written on the tape.

I wouldn't say so. Lovren hardly changing number for example, plus here is Mane with the 19 visible on the other sode, yet still wearing tape (with 18 written on it, not 19).

CmYct0aW8AABce_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Grueller

Grujic is a tall man isn't he. Might need a weights programme for the premier league from looking at that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

That new "BetVictor" training gear is horrible

Grueller wrote: »
    Grujic is a tall man isn't he. Might need a weights programme for the premier league from looking at that photo.

He's massive - he'll make Can look a bit weedy once he's become Prem fit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

At another club.

I'd still like to see how 6 weeks in training with Klopp affects him. Sure his attitude was nothing short of appalling at times, but it's not like he was given a warm welcome or fair chance by Rodgers. If he shows even a small uptick in form and character in preseason someone is bound to take an 8M punt on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rob316 wrote: »
    Pozzo or the chairman I think is quoted as saying the same before, also they have a very good relationship between the two clubs.

Seems to be a loophole. Chelsea do it as well loaning out players.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Liverpool target Jonas Hector sends Germany through*

*no actual evidence to support this claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

sabat wrote: »
    I'd still like to see how 6 weeks in training with Klopp affects him. Sure his attitude was nothing short of appalling at times, but it's not like he was given a warm welcome or fair chance by Rodgers. If he shows even a small uptick in form and character in preseason someone is bound to take an 8M punt on him.

I think somebody will, doubt it will be a PL or higher echelon European team. Liverpool really was his last chance in England and even the loan deal didn't go great.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Liverpool target Jonas Hector sends Germany through*

*no actual evidence to support this claim.

I think you find plenty of evidence that they are in the semi final ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That new "BetVictor" training gear is horrible

Futures bright
    The futures Orange .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think you find plenty of evidence that they are in the semi final ;)

Iceland are going to batter the shîtesson out of them.

He wont press and as a result will look out of place in any preseason game.......I dont see anyone decent stupid enough to take a punt on him......

Also, not sure what a fair chance is to you but he got 8/9 starts in the EPL and 2/4 starts in the CL before he got injured and suspended for posting something offensive on social media, and done very little to win a starting spot back. He got more than a fair shot and blew it as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

but it's not like he was given a warm welcome or fair chance by Rodgers.

BR gave him too much of a chance, if anything.

Iceland are going to batter the shîtesson out of them.

Iceland Wales final. Probably same odds this time last year as Leicester winning the PL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

bur wrote: »
    Seem to recall plenty of disgust whenever we would get linked to Williams, which was every window under Rogers.

Happy for the bloke in that he's doing well with his country, but I've never liked him. I remember him cashing in on the Suarez race row in his book so for that alone, I've no interest in seeing him play for us.

From what I've seen of him as well from to week to week, he's not at the level required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Mikhitaryan signing for United. A good way to judge a player, is see what fans of his club feel about him leaving. These are the top comments on the Dortmund Facebook page. Translations are shocking though, but you get the drift.

I'll be losing no sleep over him, didn't he take a little dig at us when he went to Dortmund? Hope he gets thoroughly "introduced" to the League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

hefferboi wrote: »
    Mikhitaryan signing for United. A good way to judge a player, is see what fans of his club feel about him leaving. These are the top comments on the Dortmund Facebook page. Translations are shocking though, but you get the drift.
    Those translations are awesome:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

'a stink boot heel'

i'm stealing that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Shiiit, looks like Dortmund fans are delighted they shed some dead weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Vicxas wrote: »

Some Dortmund fans. Look hard enough and you'll always find something to suit your argument.

He's a great player and will strengthen Man Utd. Pretending otherwise is just silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Vicxas wrote: »

Same way some Liverpool fans were delighted when Torres went, or United fans with Ronaldo/Heinze. When a popular players angles for a move it's hard for fans to take. Any realistic Dortmund fans will now think they are worse off without Mikhataryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Some Dortmund fans. Look hard enough and you'll always find something to suit your argument.

He's a great player and will strengthen Man Utd. Pretending otherwise is just silly.

Haven't posted here in weeks but have been reading it nonetheless.

What you are describing is something I have noticed a lot. Amazing what some fans do to make themselves feel better.

On another note, give Mario 1 more year :)

I'll make a bold prediction and say Utd getting Mkhitaryan is the signing of the window......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'll make a bold prediction and say Utd getting Mkhitaryan is the signing of the window......

I think Xahka to Arsenal is very close in fairness. Both will improve each team massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Didn't he score and assist nearly 50 goals last season?

You'd want to be some eejit to dismiss him.

It's one thing for a circus act like Ibrahimovic, coming from a ****e league at 34 after being utterly anonymous for Sweden in the tournament, but Mhktarian is absolutely class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Probably just clickbait but Ruben Neves to Liverpool.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/07/02/klopp-keen-on-bringing-16-7m-teen-prodigy-to-liverpool/

Now that would be a juicy signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Reckon Shelvey would be a shrewd signing. After going down with Newcastle, hopefully he could be persuaded to sign.
    Rafa being there might help us also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Reckon Shelvey would be a shrewd signing. After going down with Newcastle, hopefully he could be persuaded to sign.
    Rafa being there might help us also.

Would be a good signing as an overage player for the u21 team.

No way would he suit a Klopp team.

https://twitter.com/R9Rai/status/686228486298664960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Shelvey? go home OwaynOTT you're drunk!

Persuaded!? Ah heor.

Obviously a joke lads.........we need to up our game here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Obviously a joke lads.........we need to up our game here....

It's only preseason, everyone's fat as f*ck where the 'jokes' are concerned. :) :cool:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It's only preseason, everyone's fat as f*ck where the 'jokes' are concerned. :) :cool:

Just need a few fat burners then.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »

A few laps around the thread and we should be good to go.

Some people don't like our jokes though so we need to be mindful of their humourlessness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

So fenerbache want rid of robin van persie , would anyone on here think its worth a punt on him for a few million ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement