Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

F*ck off Robin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

So fenerbache want rid of robin van persie , would anyone on here think its worth a punt on him for a few million ?

Holy ****,no!

One striker that spends most of the time injured is more than enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

utd got rid of Giggs anyone fancy a punt on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Nah cause he would probably try to bed all the players wives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Needs a good punt in the c....rotch that man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    F*ck off Robin.

Think you could be persuaded to become the clubs head of media relations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

K-9 wrote: »
    Yep, it's only Really the last few months he has got cult status.

Since the beard and flowing locks

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Probably just clickbait but Ruben Neves to Liverpool.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/07/02/klopp-keen-on-bringing-16-7m-teen-prodigy-to-liverpool/

Now that would be a juicy signing.

With Mendez as agent he'll end up at Utd or Madrid probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

We couldn't do that. It would be like sh*gging your brothers missus.

• Advertisement

Probably just clickbait but Ruben Neves to Liverpool.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/07/02/klopp-keen-on-bringing-16-7m-teen-prodigy-to-liverpool/

Now that would be a juicy signing.

Can, Grujic, Dahoud & Neves now that would be some young midfield to build the club around for the next decade.

I see some straws being clutched on twitter about Dahoud because of a photo he liked on instagram.

I don't know a hell of a lot about him, but by the sounds of it, he is a player that if we don't get him this summer we won't get him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

5starpool wrote: »
    I see some straws being clutched on twitter about Dahoud because of a photo he liked on instagram.

I don't know a hell of a lot about him, but by the sounds of it, he is a player that if we don't get him this summer we won't get him at all.

Yup and they won't sell him this summer. If we really want him we gotta blow them away with a bid now. We have the cash to do it too so I don't see why we wouldn't. Still this summer is all about having faith in Klopp. If we don't get another midfielder he'll just turn Grujic into the new Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Money talks. Time for the club to stop dicking about and make them an offer too hard to turn down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

5starpool wrote: »

Well if this doesn't say "come and get me Jurgen" I don't know what does :pac:

CmcHssIWgAAAK9e.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Well if this doesn't say "come and get me Jurgen" I don't know what does :pac:

CmcHssIWgAAAK9e.jpg:large

He's even leaning in his profile pic. He's ours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

mosstin wrote: »
    He's even leaning in his profile pic. He's ours.
    I'd say he just held the phone at an angle, moss.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

How good is this guy? On the face of it he's a 20 year old with one decent season under him and we are willing to pay big apparently......at least we have a type I suppose......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Dani Alves has a tattoo of Joe Allen

CmVxdOjWEAA1qJv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

MD1990 wrote: »
    You would probably prefer Fellaini in midfield then. Look at Kante the best DM last season in the PL Verrati,Iniesta,Cazorla,Xavi,Thiago & Modric many of the best CM's are small & most likely useless in these fantasy physical games you speak of.

:rolleyes:

Allen doesnt have the pace or physicality. Gets mugged in duel situations. He does have game intelligence though, il give him that. Although that suicide pass resulting in Ramsey missing the next match for Wales the other night was very poor.

Those fantasy games you seem to think dont exist are pretty much half the EPL games. They are the games we find difficult to win. They are the games Emre Can is vital to have in. A far better player than Allen imo.

Allen isnt good enough to start for us when everyone is fit. He isnt even close to any of those names you mentioned. And people are talking about a new contract?. Thats probably why we are where we are in a nutshell. Wouldnt bother me in the slightest if he left with Mignolet, Morono, Lucas too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Gbear wrote: »
    Unfortunately for Allen, he makes demands on others around him to contribute to the game in ways none of those you've mentioned do - they're all creative players with some combination of much better passing, dribbling, vision, short and long range finishing or tackling.

The thing about Allen is that he's a continental style footballer in a land of oafs.

There's nothing particularly remarkable about his skill if you compare his to players from nations where they value more than being big and fast.
    He'd slot into a Spanish or Italian midfield no problem. He wouldn't get within an ass's roar of their national teams though, because he has the baseline level of skill they'd expect from a top division footballer in those countries and not the attributes on top of that which make them stand out.

International football is about Championship level for 95% of teams, including Wales. In terms of performances, there's a few South American teams and Germany who're in any way comparable in both skill and togetherness to an elite European club side. It's no longer a good barometer of quality.

Allen has been a good player for us, and he's useful to have because he's versatile and you can rely on him to play football. He's good at breaking the press with his movement, calmness and short game. He's tenacious enough to offset some of his lack of physicality.
    But there's no goals, no assists, no directness, no pace, no strength.

I'd happily keep him on indefinitely. I've always liked him. Particularly if we had European football, I think he'd be a good asset to the squad. But we don't, he needs to be playing every week at this stage and he very much is several positions down the pecking order.
    I don't necessarily think anyone will get the boot this summer - there've been few enough concrete rumours and I doubt Klopp will mind having lots of options while he gets a feel for the new lads, but despite his good showing at the Euros I don't see his long-term future here.

Nice work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just need a few fat burners then.:p

Now you mention it, Sakho decision is due this month. We're leaving ourselves bit open there if we get an injury or 2 even if it works out for us.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

daithijjj wrote: »

Allen doesnt have the pace or physicality. Gets mugged in duel situations. He does have game intelligence though, il give him that. Although that suicide pass resulting in Ramsey missing the next match for Wales the other night was very poor.

Those fantasy games you seem to think dont exist are pretty much half the EPL games. They are the games we find difficult to win. They are the games Emre Can is vital to have in. A far better player than Allen imo.

Allen isnt good enough to start for us when everyone is fit. He isnt even close to any of those names you mentioned. And people are talking about a new contract?. Thats probably why we are where we are in a nutshell. Wouldnt bother me in the slightest if he left with Mignolet, Morono, Lucas too.

Ah Jaysus daithi! Mig, Morono!

Lucas is getting old and isn't the same since the injuries. Allen is coming into his peak and offers something different as a squad player. If it was last Summer I could understand but he's finally delivering on the talent everybody knew he had.

Injuries would be my concern about him rather than style or anything like that. Yep, he made a mistake but who didn't for us at various times last season. Very harsh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Balotelli saying he wants to win the Balon D'Or. Laughable.

He should be focussing on making match day squads because he's currently 5th in the pecking order when it comes to our Strikers. And it's not like we have amazing strikers!

The guy will never make it big in football imo. Euro 2012 was by far his peak. I'm officially writing him off. You can all quote this and laugh at me if he proves me wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Morzadec wrote: »
    Balotelli saying he wants to win the Balon D'Or. Laughable.

He should be focussing on making match day squads because he's currently 5th in the pecking order when it comes to our Strikers. And it's not like we have amazing strikers!

The guy will never make it big in football imo. Euro 2012 was by far his peak. I'm officially writing him off. You can all quote this and laugh at me if he proves me wrong!

You will be lucky to find someone to disagree with you, he won't be at Liverpool at the start of the season, unfortunately Liverpool will probably still be paying most of his wages, i wonder what he would think of Scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Benteke to palace nearing a conclusion for 30 million pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ricero wrote: »
    Benteke to palace nearing a conclusion for 30 million pounds
    You better not be teasing us..........

Wed could throw in Balotelli for free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Re: Benteke to Palace

Good deal for us, but I would also be happy if I were a Palace fan - not the worst fee for them to have to pay in this current market and they're getting a bit of a star by their standards who considerably improves their starting XI.

He's still a very good player imo. Didn't quite fit with our style but he would have been useful for us I'm sure. Still, can't turn down that fee for someone who at the moment is considered a backup.

Good deal for both clubs imo

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Wed could throw in Balotelli for free

Why would we do that? He said he wants to win the Ballon D'or and I have no reason not to believe him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Good deal for us, but I would also be happy if I were a Palace fan - not the worst fee for them to have to pay in this current market and they're getting a bit of a star by their standards who considerably improves their starting XI.

He's still a very good player imo. Didn't quite fit with our style but he would have been useful for us I'm sure. Still, can't turn down that fee for someone who at the moment is considered a backup.

You won't get that number of virtually guaranteed goals for any less in this market.

• Advertisement

Why would we do that? He said he wants to win the Ballon D'or and I have no reason not to believe him.

He must plan to play poker with Luis after the next awards, and goad him into betting his award.

I don't think anyone thinks Benteke is a bad player in fact I'd say he is a very good player he was just the wrong player for Liverpool many of us said as much before the previous manager bought him.

It still beggars belief what the previous manager was thinking buying him the first place.

Good move for both clubs and the player I can see him scoring 20 goals a season for palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

daithijjj wrote: »

Allen does not get mugged in duels. He has decent pace & is stronger than he looks. Doesn't get pushed off the ball much at all.

The games we struggle to win have nothing to do with the game being too physical. More to do with individual errors in defence.

Sounds like your listening to too much Sky with all this how physical the PL is etc.

Some people don't like our jokes though so we need to be mindful of their humourlessness.

There can be little doubt you are referring to the humourlessness of "our jokes" :D

K-9 wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus daithi! Mig, Morono!

Lucas is getting old and isn't the same since the injuries. Allen is coming into his peak and offers something different as a squad player. If it was last Summer I could understand but he's finally delivering on the talent everybody knew he had.

Injuries would be my concern about him rather than style or anything like that. Yep, he made a mistake but who didn't for us at various times last season. Very harsh.

I don't think he is being overly harsh, I like Allen but realistically he's not good enough for where we need to go. He's in great form at the moment and he did a great job filling in for Lucas in our decent spell in 2014/2015 but that in itself isn't a fantastic claim. I do think claims of Allen being bullied on the pitch etc etc are vastly overstated, he's well able to compete.

If Allen leaves I'm fairly sure we won't miss him on the pitch, so too Lucas. Unless we have an awful injury crisis. Can't really plan for that though.

With Benteke looking certain to leave there might be a chance for Mario to hang around and get a game or too until he does something Marioish. The ole romantic in most football fans would love to see him turn good, even only for a few games :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

So fenerbache want rid of robin van persie , would anyone on here think its worth a punt on him for a few million ?

Might be good for Sturridge's morale as RVP is clearly the player Daniel has modeled his career on, he could learn so much from him whilst they are in physio together. :rolleyes:

While do I agree he would probably improve us on the left wing I don't think he could be persuaded to play again. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why? If Utd and Fenerbache don't want to keep him, why would we want him?

ricero wrote: »
    Money talks. Time for the club to stop dicking about and make them an offer too hard to turn down

This is hilarious! It is the 3rd of July and we have already signed Mane, Matip and Karius with another one or two quality players being linked and the club stills gets accused of "dicking around"! :eek: Typical fan these days I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Paper talk has klopp putting a 14M price on Joe Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Benteke is decent enough. But not in anyway good enough for a top 6 club. Our system has nothing to do with his poor movement & 1v1 finishing. He is good at instinctive finishes though. I don't think he will ever replicate his 12/13 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

As hypocritical/harsh as it sounds, Benteke needs to contribute way more to our attack while also scoring goals........he'll do great at CP if/when he makes the move but absolutely not suited to the way Klopp wants to play, looked completely out of sorts at LFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think Mario meant Balloon Door.
    I for one thinks he has a chance of winning a Balloon Door

170382091e4e34b1da2479f2e8686c9b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I hope someone at Liverpool does that to his door and yell congratulations when he comes out.

Augeo wrote: »
    There can be little doubt you are referring to the humourlessness of "our jokes" :D

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I think Mario meant Balloon Door.
    I for one thinks he has a chance of winning a Balloon Door

170382091e4e34b1da2479f2e8686c9b.jpg

Eh, that is his balloon door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can might get some minutes for germany now after their suspensions and injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ruben Neves anyone?

http://www.dn.pt/desporto/fc-porto/interior/aboubakar-e-ruben-neves-com-um-pe-fora-do-fc-porto-5257027.html
    Marketplace. Advanced and defensive midfielder should head to the Chinese league and English, respectively. Values ​​may reach 40 million

Reuben Neves and Aboubakar started pre -season training with FC Porto, but the truth is that both are close to leaving the Dragon , according to the DN found . The blue and white have proposals for their outputs and are negotiating the sale of medium and advanced , respectively.

The need liquidity to meet financial objectives ( such as the Financial Fair Play imposed by UEFA - Dragons necessarily had to have positive results over 20 million euros in the fourth quarter of the time ), the FC Porto SAD tries so make a snap financial with the players that currently have more market.

Reuben Neves has long been coveted by English and Spanish clubs . Despite his 19 years , the truth is that the Portuguese international is seen as one of the defensive midfielders with more future in European football . Jorge Mendes is his manager and is currently trying to negotiate his exit . Dragons hope to fit more than 20 million euros with the young talent . Jürgen Klopp , coach of Liverpool, is a fan of the Portuguese footballer .

mormank wrote: »
    While do I agree he would probably improve us on the left wing I don't think he could be persuaded to play again. :P

No marquee signing. In fairness it is a bit underwhelming so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

He should do well there if he goes. They have plenty of wingers to whip crosses in for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement