Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

daithijjj wrote: »
    You are kind of making my point for me.

Allen has played there and we collectively found out he couldnt do it so it was avoided. As a player in CM, you have to be an all rounder, at some point you have to be able to do it, but he cant, therein he is limited/not good enough in the grand scheme moving forward for us/should be sold as there wont be a better time to sell. And i believe Klopp thinks he can find a replacement easily enough. We will find out in the next few weeks.

Small point on Can, we need more than him there because we are using him as a versatile player in different positions, ergo, if he is needed to fill in for Clyne, for example, we risk having a domino effect in a few positions which collectively makes us weaker as a unit because while he is competent at right back we would then lose something in DM. Our lack of focus in a DM has seen us diminish in resilience as a team. Can is one, we dont have another that i would describe as good enough. Our squad players simply arent good enough to cover Can in terms of deep lying midfielder/playmaker role. They dont have his strength, they dont have his passing ability.
    Allen hasn't played as a DM (bar 1 or 2 games) in 4 years in which he has improved as a player.
    Under Klopp Can has only played as a CM/DM. We have Flanagan,Gomez as cover for RB.
    Can has been great for us despite these stats but you say Allen doesn't get enough goals/assists but he got more than Can last season both playing mostly in a midfield 2 in much less appearances.
    Unless we sign a top class CM Allen is worth keeping as there is not much between Allen,Milner & Henderson at all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Any word on benteke?

Reports his £140k wages that he wants an increase on will scupper any deal.
    As I thought I knew the wages would be a problem to shift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Brad Jones back at Liverpool today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Brad Jones back at Liverpool today.

For fitness training it has to be said - he hasn't been resigned or anything he's just allowed to train at Melwood until he finds a club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dahoud to stay at 'gladbach for another 12 months according to Melissa Reddy, so that's that by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Dahoud to stay at 'gladbach for another 12 months according to Melissa Reddy, so that's that by the looks of it.

So you're saying all is not good in Dahoud? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Watch dahoud sign for a bigger club next summer.

Also hate boards.ie on android phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ricero wrote: »
    [quoteHarry Palmr;100247589]Dahoud to stay at 'gladbach for another 12 months according to Melissa Reddy, so that's that by the

Couldn't have said it better myself......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Piotr Zielinski will officially be a Napoli player either today or tomorrow - (Tele Club Italia)

https://twitter.com/Anything_LFC/status/749929376641380352

We should have stayed in bed this morning:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

We're going to sign someone like Delph now aren't we.....

• Advertisement

So Dahoud and Zielinski not going to happen, what are our alternatives?

Kovacic at Madrid? I'd like that, probably be about 30m.Only 22 so fits the profile.
    Stop gap till next summer in Nuri Sahin? would be cheap too as he has barely kicked a ball for Dortmund in the last 2 seasons IIRC

Or do we plow on with Hendo, Can, Lucas, Grujic and keep Allen? Don't think that is enough we badly need one more CM and a very good one at that.

rob316 wrote: »
    So Dahoud and Zielinski not going to happen, what are our alternatives?

Kovacic at Madrid? I'd like that, probably be about 30m.Only 22 so fits the profile.
    Stop gap till next summer in Nuri Sahin? would be cheap too as he has barely kicked a ball for Dortmund in the last 2 seasons IIRC

Or do we plow on with Hendo, Can, Lucas, Grujic and keep Allen? Don't think that is enough we badly need one more CM and a very good one at that.
    Neves, maybe?

Porto have to sell someone for FFP so he would be one of a few at the top of the list of wanted by other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I imagine the replacement for Zielinski/Dahoud will be Joe Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is Zielenski the lad who was photographed in a Liverpool jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Our CM's are bang average.....does adding Dahoud and Zielinski really change that at this moment in time? Maybe a few years down the line they'll be special but I wont be crying too much about missing out on them to be honest.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is Zielenski the lad who was photographed in a Liverpool jersey?

yes m8

zie4.jpg?w=748&h=413&crop=1

Neves, maybe?

Porto have to sell someone for FFP so he would be one of a few at the top of the list of wanted by other teams.

Yes looks an outstanding player but the only drawback I have about Neves is Mendes represents him. The Neves to Madrid stories would be never ending every summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

MD1990 wrote: »
    Allen hasn't played as a DM (bar 1 or 2 games) in 4 years in which he has improved as a player.
    Under Klopp Can has only played as a CM/DM. We have Flanagan,Gomez as cover for RB.
    Can has been great for us despite these stats but you say Allen doesn't get enough goals/assists but he got more than Can last season both playing mostly in a midfield 2 in much less appearances.
    Unless we sign a top class CM Allen is worth keeping as there is not much between Allen,Milner & Henderson at all really.

It doesnt matter where you are selected to start if, during a game, you find yourself doing the job of a DM during that game or any other game.

Allen is easily replaced. I honestly dont think there will be that much interest in him at the rumoured price of 14m (in the form of his career). I'd be amazed if anyone paid that. We will see.

You really don't rate Allen at all do you

You really don't rate Allen at all do you

I do rate him. In the same way i rated Borini. Ultimately not good enough.

If we sold him for more than 10 and got Tielemans or Neves (as examples) for less than 20 i dont think many would be bothered if he left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

yes m8

zie4.jpg?w=748&h=413&crop=1

Becoming a habit now this shít!

Of course he is heading for Napoli... :(

If I was Klopp. I would go all out for Matuidi. Tough deal to pull off but I think PSG might sell after signing Krychowiak.
    He is good friends with Sakho which could give us a chance.

Yes looks an outstanding player but the only drawback I have about Neves is Mendes represents him. The Neves to Madrid stories would be never ending every summer.
    If he improved the team now and left after 4-5 years for a shed load of money, I would be OK with that.

For a huge swath of the football world, Spain and particularly Real and Barca, is where they dream of going and Italy to a lesser degree.

I have no problem with that, they use us, we use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If I was Klopp. I would go all out for Matuidi. Tough deal to pull off but I think PSG might sell after signing Krychowiak.

Two years left on his contract too, I believe. Really wanted us to sign him back before he signed the last deal. Would be a massive addition, although he would play for most teams in Europe so we'd have a hard time getting him if PSG did want to sell.

Knex. wrote: »
    Two years left on his contract too, I believe. Really wanted us to sign him back before he signed the last deal. Would be a massive addition, although he would play for most teams in Europe so we'd have a hard time getting him if PSG did want to sell.
    Some reports he is flying to England https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/749964959094829057

Probably to join Chelsea or Man Utd:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Would suit klopp strategy, i would love to see him playing for Liverpool, swap for Joe Allen
    **** that, if he joins united i will have to avoid all football media till season starts 😠😭🙈🙉

He sure is

MON DIEU!! BLAYZUH BLAYZUH!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

x43r0 wrote: »
    He sure is

MON DIEU!! BLAYZUH BLAYZUH!!

Bargaining chip?

Pah! Why do i even do this to myself....

Vicxas wrote: »
    Bargaining chip?

Pah! Why do i even do this to myself....

Don't do it to yourself - A lot of tweets saying the flight is headed to Manchester

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/04/crystal-palace-up-bid-christian-benteke-liverpool?CMP=share_btn_tw

Palace to up bid to £31.5m. Keep the pressure on lads - we can make a profit on him yet!!

If it goes through at that price, Palace will have spent more than 50m on him, Andros Townsend and James Tomkins (if/when that is completed as expected) with Mandanda arriving on a free. Some potentially great signings there.

Take the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

x43r0 wrote: »
    Don't do it to yourself - A lot of tweets saying the flight is headed to Manchester
    Which is very close to Liverpool, flight would not be much of an indication, media seems to be saying United but nothing concrete, so there's a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/04/crystal-palace-up-bid-christian-benteke-liverpool?CMP=share_btn_tw

Palace to up bid to £31.5m. Keep the pressure on lads - we can make a profit on him yet!!

If it goes through at that price, Palace will have spent more than 50m on him, Andros Townsend and James Tomkins (if/when that is completed as expected) with Mandanda arriving on a free. Some potentially great signings there.
    Crazy, just crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Really don't get why people are advocating the selling of Joe Allen. He may not be flashy but he is brilliant at getting hold of the ball and keeping the team moving. Does the simple things right that sometimes goes unnoticed.

We should be adding to the likes of Allen, not replacing him. If he does leave, I hope its down to Allen wanting guaranteed playing time and not Liverpool not deciding to offer him a new contract.

As far as Benteke goes, if we got £31 million for him id bite their hand off. We might actually go for a left back that's not still a kid then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I full on love Joe Allen & I'd love him to remain in the squad if he could improve his consistency - too often he plays a blinder, followed by a shocker, he's a great bit of stuff, would only advocate selling him if he's replaced with a solid talent like Neves

"G'wan Joe Bhiy" - most used phrase of my Euros so far

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Really don't get why people are advocating the selling of Joe Allen. He may not be flashy but he is brilliant at getting hold of the ball and keeping the team moving. Does the simple things right that sometimes goes unnoticed.

We should be adding to the likes of Allen, not replacing him. If he does leave, I hope its down to Allen wanting guaranteed playing time and not Liverpool not deciding to offer him a new contract.

As far as Benteke goes, if we got £31 million for him id bite their hand off. We might actually go for a left back that's not still a kid then!
    Much of it is pride in the sense they don't want to admit they were wrong. Allen haters all have one thing in common they hate Rodgers too. For some no matter how well Allen performs it will never be good enough. Its a petty & biased opinion . They also love the phrase manball.

Neves would be a deeper player though - him and Can could sit with Allen in front in a narrow 4-3-3, perm 3 from about 6 players in the attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Much of it is pride in the sense they don't want to admit they were wrong. Allen haters all have one thing in common they hate Rodgers too. For some no matter how well Allen performs it will never be good enough. Its a petty & biased opinion . They also love the phrase manball.

Absolute Bollox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's not as black and white as that.

I don't hate Rodgers but would not be devastated to see Allen go. He doesn't t control a game enough for me.

Would you all have him as a started every game?

I think he's a squad player at best for us.

Right, at that kinda money Benteke needs to go.

Absolutely silly to hold out for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Vicxas wrote: »
    Right, at that kinda money Benteke needs to go.

Absolutely silly to hold out for more.

What if holding out for more got us more?

You make an interesting point......

What if holding out got us more Benteke next season eh eh?

Depends on who we sign as a CM & whether Allen wants to stay. But Allen right now is a better CM option than Henderson or Milner. Milner was excellent at the end of the season but performs better on the right.

Henderson I wouldn't right off but was off form last season . Zielinski if he comes will need time to adjust to a different tempo compared to Serie A. Dahoud looks to be staying. So right now we cannot afford to lose Allen. If we signed a top class CM I wouldn't mind selling Allen to give him 1st team football but we don't look close to doing that at all.

Ian ayre off to collect a 30m cheque from CPFC scQcEzUY5u

To be fair, its the opposite I think most are happy that Klopp got him to perform at a level Rodgers couldn't in a Liverpool shirt and goes to prove how superior Klopp is.

However lets not forget there was a lot of **** performances over the last couple of years but he was the victim of Rodgers throwing out his philosophy when it didn't work instantly and that stupid "Welsh Xavi" comment was always going to be hanging over him. He has been fairly unlucky with injuries too IIRC.

Happy to keep him but we can upgrade on him and should be actively doing so.

To be fair, its the opposite I think most are happy that Klopp got him to perform at a level Rodgers couldn't in a Liverpool shirt and goes to prove how superior Klopp is.

However lets not forget there was a lot of **** performances over the last couple of years but he was the victim of Rodgers throwing out his philosophy when it didn't work instantly and that stupid "Welsh Xavi" comment was always going to be hanging over him. He has been fairly unlucky with injuries too IIRC.

Happy to keep him but we can upgrade on him and should be actively doing so.
    I did just say some. Most of course are happy to see him performing well now.

When he is moved on by Klopp i promise not to come back to this.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We aren't signing Matuidi.

I reckon there is a good chance though of us signing 1 player out of the blue relatively speaking that wasn't picked up by anyone, but other than that, we are probably done. I'll be a bit annoyed if we don't sign a left back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I see Axel witsel is being linked to both us and everton , If they are the two prem clubs after him I can only see him ending up at Liverpool

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement