Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Benteke will do very well for Crystal Palace. Pity it has not worked out for him at Liverpool. Hopefully we will be bringing in another striker. Left back badly needed and midfielder.

We have 4 strikers already in Sturridge, Ings, Origi and Firmino I think that is enough and we mightn't be able to shift Balotelli yet.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Zielinski is an average player that wont improve our starting 11. Surprised this is the calibre of player we are after......not saying the guy would be an awful signing btw just seems like more filler.

Just curious have you seen him play much? I'd like to get an opinion on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I'm preparing myself for the disappointment of not signing a LB.

I think we'll sign a LB, but a backup LB

I really think Klopp sees Moreno as first choice, and I'm happy for him to give him the chance, he's still young enough and definitely has the potential to be a top LB. Hopefully he's on the defensive drills all summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Moreno needs to stop doing this:

32F2C08400000578-0-image-a-78_1460062661735.jpg

And this

4757185.jpg

And this

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/m9dl.mp4[

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZBKhLT-d0syfn_pPlPIjkX2KdLzysgP9HQd2udJCl4A6JUYrHnw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

And this

And this

Most definitely. But I don't think Klopp has given up on him yet and that makes sense to me

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've generally grown to like Allen, but I don't see him as a guaranteed starter in our team at the minute. I have no problems keeping him as a squad player either if we don't happen to get anyone else in who is an obvious upgrade. I'd probably prefer to keep him than Zielinski, who I know next to nothing about, but what I do know doesn't convince me that he can be a big upgrade at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

8-10 wrote: »
    Most definitely. But I don't think Klopp has given up on him yet and that makes sense to me

Likewise I think we should not give up on him, he is young and has the balls/attitude required to play for the club. The only question is does he have the mentality to be a top professional, the mentality to stay on his bloody feet and stop diving in recklessly to challenges. He needs to mature big time, and stop listening to rap music and wearing daft baseball caps. Klopp sees something in him and that's enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

8-10 wrote: »
    I think we'll sign a LB, but a backup LB

I really think Klopp sees Moreno as first choice, and I'm happy for him to give him the chance, he's still young enough and definitely has the potential to be a top LB. Hopefully he's on the defensive drills all summer.

Can do all the drills he likes. He needs a brain transplant first.

WTF is Brad Jones doing back training with the club!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

He's only training. Keeping his fitness up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

32F2C08400000578-0-image-a-78_1460062661735.jpg

And this

4757185.jpg

And this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZBKhLT-d0syfn_pPlPIjkX2KdLzysgP9HQd2udJCl4A6JUYrHnw

But how is he going to get into the West end production of Billy Elliot if he doesnt practice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

redzerdrog wrote: »
    So out of a full pitch Allen is useful is roughly 32 yards of it. Great!
    The same could be said of Adam Lallana, not bad for a £27M investment.

GBX wrote: »

He's only training. Keeping his fitness up.

I don't like it. He's been released from three clubs on 12 months and has nowhere to go.

Have a bad feeling he'll end up on Achterbergs coaching team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He'd be a A league star name, maybe he should go back home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Talisman wrote: »
    The same could be said of Adam Lallana, not bad for a £27M investment.

But he's useful in 360 degrees of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Sampdoria have made an offer for Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Stab*City wrote: »

Pass the KY, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Oh please, please Sweet Jesus, let it happen.

An Italian team, what's the 'offer'?

• Advertisement

All things Luis Alberto
    LiverpoolFF
    @LiverpoolFF

AS- Sevilla are interested in signing Luis Alberto. £5m deal on the table- http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/07
    /05/primera/1467721848_218395.html?id_externo_rsoc=CM_ES_TW_Tu_15_30 …
    Follow
    LiverpoolFF
    @LiverpoolFF

Talks have not yet begun, but #LFC want at least £7m for Luis Alberto. Nice are another potential suitor. (@MelissaReddy_)
    4:35 PM - 5 Jul 2016
    James Pearce- If #LFC do not receive a suitable offer for Luis Alberto they are in no rush to sell and will keep him as a squad player.
    4:48 PM - 5 Jul 2016

Another attempt to grab some headlines for the club and player. Last month Sampdoria were reported to be making an offer to Nicklas Bendtner who's a free agent, funnily enough it was a nothing story also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Zielinski is an average player that wont improve our starting 11. Surprised this is the calibre of player we are after......not saying the guy would be an awful signing btw just seems like more filler.

Or he's a player that Klopp sees something in. We're just not gonna be signing a ready made superstar. For better or worse Klopp is going to try and develop players like he did at Dortmund. Now this may not work in a league thats as competitive as the Premiership (and by that I mean that there's more "bigger" teams than Liverpool compared to Dortmund), in fact i have my doubts that it will but thats what we signed up for and i'm more than willing to give it a go. He was by far and away the best manager we could have got.

If you look at our squad and assume that none of them will improve under a manager who has a track record of improving the vast majority of players he coaches then we'll have another pretty sh*t season (tho it could be argued that two cup finals isn't sh*t) but I do think we'll see big improvements and be at least in the hunt for top 4. I'd also prefer we try to develop some leaders (thats man management) than go out and trying to buy some who may not even fit in with the players we have. I could easily see Can become a true leader in the midfield this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Or he's a player that Klopp sees something in. We're just not gonna be signing a ready made superstar. For better or worse Klopp is going to try and develop players like he did at Dortmund. Now this may not work in a league thats as competitive as the Premiership (and by that I mean that there's more "bigger" teams than Liverpool compared to Dortmund), in fact i have my doubts that it will but thats what we signed up for and i'm more than willing to give it a go.

Ya, thats fair enough, I seen him play a bit, not loads admittedly but I seen nothing to suggest he'll be an excellent player in the future but obviously I'm happy enough if Klopp wants him. Seems very middle of the road even for his age but I suppose I haven't seen him week in week out.

I'm more concerned with the present though. With less games for squad players I was hoping we could try and fix the averageness of our Midfield, signing players like Zielinski and Dahoud do nothing for the right now but its a bit short sighted to think like this. I suppose I was hoping for a first team CM for right now, our first 11 is lacking quality in the middle of the field.

rob316 wrote: »
    Just curious have you seen him play much? I'd like to get an opinion on him.

I'd describe him as Henderson lite, but as I said I haven't seen him week in week out. Maybe Klopp can turn him into something great but it'll be a while down the road. Right now he doesn't address the weakness of our CM.

I read a write up on him a few months back that looked very positive.......I'll see if I can find it......

Edit: Decent write up, not sure if I agree with all of it......
    http://anfieldindex.com/21670/can-piotr-zielinski-become-klopps-latest-polish-sensation-2.html

If you don't like Zielinski you'll not be impressed by Anto Coric of Croatia probably! - being linked like crazy on the twitter machine on the back of a report that probably doesn't stand much scrutiny.

https://t.co/WkOijAN2nr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ante Coric a 19 year old un-used sub for Croatia is the latest midfielder linked.

If you don't like Zielinski you'll not be impressed by Anto Coric of Croatia probably! - being linked like crazy on the twitter machine on the back of a report that probably doesn't stand much scrutiny.

https://t.co/WkOijAN2nr

I like how Klopp is going after young not well known players, but I'd feel a lot better about it knowing our starting CM could do the job right now, with these younger players filling in when needed.....

I'd describe him as Henderson lite, but as I said I haven't seen him week in week out. Maybe Klopp can turn him into something great but it'll be a while down the road. Right now he doesn't address the weakness of our CM.

I read a write up on him a few months back that looked very positive.......I'll see if I can find it......

Edit: Decent write up, not sure if I agree with all of it......
    http://anfieldindex.com/21670/can-piotr-zielinski-become-klopps-latest-polish-sensation-2.html

FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson of late has been Henderson lite.

Then again it seems everyone who played with Luis is now the lite version of the ones that played beside him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Turtyturd wrote: »
    An Italian team, what's the 'offer'?

A secondhand toothpick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Maybe Klopp see Grujic as going straight into the 1st team?, maybe he expects Lucas and Allen to move on so is going after "squad" players to fill in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A secondhand toothpick?

On loan exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

All things Luis Alberto

That quote from Pearce is a load of cobblers, Klopp would never entertain Alberto unless he has changed his playing style dramatically.

Maybe Klopp see Grujic as going straight into the 1st team?,....

Quite likely. If not Mane is our only purchase looking to be a first 11 starter off the bat. Unless we buy more of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

Augeo wrote: »
    Quite likely. If not Mane is our only purchase looking to be a first 11 starter off the bat. Unless we buy more of course.

I think Matip & Karius will be starters too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

garra wrote: »
    That quote from Pearce is a load of cobblers, Klopp would never entertain Alberto unless he has changed his playing style dramatically.

Pearce talking cobblers? Well I never!

Man is a clown of the highest order.

Sheeeeit wrote: »
    I think Matip & Karius will be starters too.

I hope Karius will be straight in as a starter...don't think I can take another season of Mignolet.

Sakho hearing set for Thursday according to the ever reliable twitter. Hopefully it'll be resolved one way or another then and not drag on for longer.

Edit: Echo saying the same now. http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-star-sakhos-uefa-doping-11572936

I hope Karius will be straight in as a starter...don't think I can take another season of Mignolet.

No way will Klopp go into next season as Mignolet number 1 choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Think Mignolet will start the season at number one, and will be dropped soon as he bottles a game.

• Advertisement

Think Mignolet will start the season at number one, and will be dropped soon as he bottles a game.

Shouldn't take long so...

I think this is what will happen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Lovren shortlisted to be new captain.

Hell to the no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Just watching Anto Coric on the youtube and the only thing that I can surmise is that if the link has any truth to it he is the fall back if Zeilinski doesn't sign. They are basically the same player, occupying space between the centre circle and the 18 yard line. Coric is maybe a bit more up the pitch but it's marginal

United buying up Raiola's players would they be interested in mario I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

The summer transfers have been decidedly underwhelming so far. I really hope to see a big improvement from here until September

• Advertisement

Maybe Klopp see Grujic as going straight into the 1st team?, maybe he expects Lucas and Allen to move on so is going after "squad" players to fill in?
    Grujic had to have a hearing in order to secure a work permit at which Klopp spoke about his plans for the player - he is going to be a first team player which means one of the midfield positions is filled. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that the central midfield partnership will be Can and Grujic - two physical beasts.

Until he proves himself to Klopp, Henderson could find himself on the bench which would explain the rumours about there being a new captain this season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement