Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Indeed, Matip might force himself into the team but Sakho and Lovren had developed a decent partnership there. We're quite light at CB and that's assuming Sakho is able to play!

CM? do we really have a first choice 2 or 3?

We're depending on Sturridge to stay fit and Origi to continue to improve which in fairness he did under Klopp. Ings is still a bit of an unknown.

LB, we don't seem to be going after an established experienced player so probably plenty of Moreno!

We'll need a lot of things to go our way to mount a title challenge. United can't get any worse under Mourinho and Chelsea can't be as bad so that's 2 extra teams to consider from last year.

I think we'll be back to maybe 3 teams genuinely challenging for the title, but 4 or 5 times targeting 4th and 5th.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Found this last night and found it interesting.
    Apologies if posted before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

We should really have this post held in reserve for the inevitable meltdown here when we lose a few pre season games.

I'm not going to watch any..... a waste of time imo... i dont want to get false hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

When fit Hendo is comfortably our best CM.

He's nailed on to be a starter unless his heel is still ****ed.

Him and Can will be our partnership.

I'd imagine we'll play all 4 of Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino and Mane when we expect to be controlling the game, with those 2 behind.
    I'd imagine the first two to drop out from that will be Sturridge and Firmino with Milner, Lallana, Ings and Origi the main deputies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Looks like Joe will be flying home, might stop at a barber on the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thank **** the football is back on Friday - Liverpool v Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Given the prices other players are moving for this summer, I'd be quite annoyed if 14m was all we could get for our captain and regular England international.

He is dreadful though! Id take it and run!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

He is dreadful though! Id take it and run!

You keep trying anyway...I'll give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Karius
    Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno
    Can Hendo
    Mane Coutinho Firmino
    Sturridge

Would work against weaker sides at home that we'd be expecting to get points off.

I'd swap Hendo for Matip in away games and against big teams. But I'd agree with other posters, Matip didn't sign to sit on the bench, id expect him to start.

I still pray for a left back to be bought though. doesn't have to be a world beater but someone more defensively solid than Moreno that will push him to improve. Isn't a position that costs an arm and a leg to improve but will make a difference in our points total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

30million for Henderson is fantasy stuff. If we were buying him this summer and the selling team wanted that much very few people would be in favour of spending it on a long distance runner allergic to a football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Surprised how alot think lovren should be starter, a handful of good games does not paint over his flaws,Moreno should never start again,and if we really want to do something this season I wouldn't start any of henderson,can,miller,Allen,or lallana,they will all probably still be with us and playing regular though no doubt

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Klopp to be offered a new longer deal, and expected to have no issues signing it.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owners-offer-jurgen-11578295#ICID=sharebar_twitter

shamrock55 wrote: »
    ...........Moreno should never start again,and if we really want to do something this season I wouldn't start any of henderson,can,miller,Allen,or lallana,they will all probably still be with us and playing regular though no doubt

who would you start instead of the 6 you mention there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That will be the best contract signing of the summer tying Klopp down to a long term deal.

Augeo wrote: »

Lucas and Grujic about the only 2 senior midfielders not mentioned there. I doubt that was his intention though to have those as starters.

• Advertisement

Not sure off hand tbh,but that's not my job but I'm sure there is better out there then that lot,I just honestly think they are not good enough if we want to move forward

5starpool wrote: »

This is good to see, there's no quick fix and consistent Top4 is a huge task. We're good to watch under Klopp :)
    Not sure off hand tbh,but that's not my job but I'm sure there is better out there then that lot,I just honestly think they are not good enough if we want to move forward

I'd agree, except for Can, can't make that many changes at once though, counter productive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

5starpool wrote: »

Probably the best bit of business Klopp will do this summer.

You keep trying anyway...I'll give you that.

Cheers. You lads should consider a trip to specsavers. Henderson tries, i give him that but ultimately he is a let down. What exactly does he do - in your opinion? I see him running around a lot, giving the odd very good pass but mostly fluffing the ball at the penultimate moment. He might do well at somewhere like Norwich. I guarantee he wont last the season under Klopp and will be sold on next summer ( hopefully this summer though if the rumour is true)

He is far from aleader too, Captain quiet! I really hate him in the team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭baldbear

Surprised how alot think lovren should be starter, a handful of good games does not paint over his flaws,Moreno should never start again,and if we really want to do something this season I wouldn't start any of henderson,can,miller,Allen,or lallana,they will all probably still be with us and playing regular though no doubt

Lovren is a good player but he suffers big time when a unreliable player is along side him & knocks his confidence.
    When Matip is in their I think he will be consistently good & will be our vice captain(Lovren)

Lallana played some class stuff once klopp came in.
    Can is a good player but is prone to lapses in important areas.
    Henderson was injured a lot of the season.
    Joe Allen was execellent when he was called upon.
    Moreno should be taken out & flogged.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Probably the best bit of business Klopp will do this summer.

Plenty of time to do business yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

He raises the profile of the club and even for non football fans he is entertaining to watch during matches and interviews

Turtyturd wrote: »
    30million for Henderson is fantasy stuff. If we were buying him this summer and the selling team wanted that much very few people would be in favour of spending it on a long distance runner allergic to a football.

You keep trying anyway...I'll give you that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

From what we have now and with Sahko still technically suspended I'd like to see us line up as follows

Slow Lloris

Clyne. Lovern. Matip. Gomez

Henderson Gruijic. Can

Mane. Count

Sturridge

Really hard to decide though to be honest. I wonder is Klopp going to try Count a bit deeper next season.

Edit obviously Firmino, Milner and Lalana would slot in instead if any of the front three as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I do think our policy of not spending huge money & developing younger players could work very well for us.
    The current TV money deals will not be sustainable & when that drops in the next few years there could be some big clubs not as financially strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

emmetkenny wrote: »
    ... Firmino........

Absolute banker to start imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Talk on twitter of

Coutinho must have itchy feet

tumblr_mpx3unuXqc1sp0ltyo1_250.gif

Talk on twitter of

Coutinho must have itchy feet

May explain the hard on for Gotze.

(Do not insert Gotze hard on pic please).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kia Joorabchian... Why is that name familiar again?

• Advertisement

May explain the hard on .

(Do not insert hard on please).

Ooo matron.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Kia Joorabchian... Why is that name familiar again?

Tevez & Mascherano deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Absolute banker to start imo.

I'd say Klopp will rotate that line of three behind the striker a good bit next year.

We have Mane, Firmino, Counthio, Lalana and Milner so we have plenty of options there and no one should fatigued coming into the closing weeks of the season if they are rotated regularly.

I'd say Klopp will rotate that line of three behind the striker a good bit next year. ....

No doubt, that considered I'd imagine Firmino will be playing in the "better" games :)

From what we have now and with Sahko still technically suspended I'd like to see us line up as follows

Slow Lloris

Clyne. Lovern. Matip. Gomez

Henderson Gruijic. Can

Mane. Count

Sturridge

Really hard to decide though to be honest. I wonder is Klopp going to try Count a bit deeper next season.

Edit obviously Firmino, Milner and Lalana would slot in instead if any of the front three as well.

I'd be very worried if that was our midfield for the season

Coutinho to Everton is er interesting.

Coutinho to Everton is er interesting.

And, er, fabricated.

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'd be very worried if that was our midfield for the season

Thats assuming that Klopp doesn't develop them...

I don't get how people don't realise that this is the strategy the club are taking. We won't be buying the likes of Matuidi because we don't pay those kind of wages to players. We will try to develop young talented players just like Klopp did at Dortmund...

I'm literally posting this every day and i don't get how people can have been so happy at Klopps appointment but not understand the process that comes with it.

• Advertisement

When looking for tickets when they go on general sale can you only get one ticket per membership?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 DHC

Some things never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Tevez & Mascherano deals.

Oh yeah. Its all coming flooding back now.

DHC wrote: »
    Some things never change.

r0dNRps.png

h0FZdr1.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR70Xukykekz5Na2LWTxaN1MwikJ8AjpVNLKj4KDofAYKkwqVSJ-g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If I'm reading reports correctly, Sakho has his hearing at UEFA today, with a verdict "in due course" (ESPN). Awfully bloody drawn out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ibe to Bournemouth for £15M doing the rounds - https://www.thescum.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1401535/bournemouth-test-liverpool-with-15million-bid-for-out-of-favour-winger-jordon-ibe/

Think he's a decent player, but not quite up to our level, would take that for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ibe to Bournemouth for £15M doing the rounds -

Think he's a decent player, but not quite up to our level, would take that for him.

No S*n links on here please :eek:

When looking for tickets when they go on general sale can you only get one ticket per membership?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Anyone?

Yeah only one ticket per membership

Yeah only one ticket per membership

So if I want to have a.ny hope of bringing the kids to a game I'll have to get membership for each of them too is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's one ticket per membership but a lot of people have multiple memberships which they use to buy tickets seated together.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement