Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

No S*n links on here please :eek:

oops, just copied and pasted the link from BBC, fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Our first home match vs Leicester has been switched to a 5.30pm KO on September 10th for anyone, like myself, travelling over.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Thats assuming that Klopp doesn't develop them...

I don't get how people don't realise that this is the strategy the club are taking. We won't be buying the likes of Matuidi because we don't pay those kind of wages to players. We will try to develop young talented players just like Klopp did at Dortmund...

I'm literally posting this every day and i don't get how people can have been so happy at Klopps appointment but not understand the process that comes with it.

There's nothing new going on, Can, Markovic, Origi, Ings & Coutinho ........

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Good to see that the match scheduled for April 15th has been put back to the 16th. I knew it would, but still good to see it confirmed.

Away to Chelsea on a Friday night will be interesting as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

MD1990 wrote: »
    The current TV money deals will not be sustainable & when that drops in the next few years there could be some big clubs not as financially strong.

People were saying that in 1990.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Likely rubbish but interesting transfer link
    Bundesliga Spotlight @BundesligaSpot

BILD: Jakub Błaszczykowski could be reunited with Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool, who are considering a move for the Pole. #BVB #LFC

BILD: Błaszczykowski would cost between €5m-€7m. #BVB #LFC

BILD: Michael Zorc: "Kuba is a Dortmund player. We will talk in the next few days about his future." #BVB #LFC
    11:04 PM - 6 Jul 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Anyone got a Google Calendar-compatible updated fixture list? Official site only has an Outlook one apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hasn't played much over the last few years, 30 years old and isn't he similar to Milner?

Still the bloke is a leader and I would welcome a signing like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

5starpool wrote: »
    Good to see that the match scheduled for April 15th has been put back to the 16th. I knew it would, but still good to see it confirmed.

Away to Chelsea on a Friday night will be interesting as well.

What's nice about the game on the 16th is that they confirmed it now and not three weeks beforehand so people can adjust their travel accordingly. I know plenty of people caught by late ish changes to fixtures, usually down to TV admittedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Brexit will most likely mean the PL's quality will reduce probably meaning the TV deal will decrease too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

There were no internet streaming sites back in 1990 though.

The way it is now It will go bang. Decreasing subscriptions and advertising cannot sustain that sort of money from sky and bt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MD1990 wrote: »
    Brexit will most likely mean the PL's quality will reduce probably meaning the TV deal will decrease too.

How can you say that, when no one knows what Brexit will bring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The way it is now It will go bang. Decreasing subscriptions and advertising cannot sustain that sort of money from sky and bt.

Kinda not worth arguing. Because when they get the next deal through successfully it'll move onto 'this ones definitely unsustainable because of x and y and it'll go bang soon'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

True. I got sky sports to watch the soccer only to find most of the games i wanted to watch (lfc) either werent on or on bt .
    Handier to go somewhere when we are on telly than waste money on a couple of different subscriptions . Funny but ive got quite used to not been able to see the game i want so its no big miss.

James Pearce ✔
    @JamesPearceEcho

Jordon Ibe has been given permission to hold talks with Bournemouth. A fee of £15million has been agreed between the clubs. #LFC
    11:17 AM - 7 Jul 2016

305 Retweets
    112 likes

So that may explain the interest (if there is) in Kuba

This would be another top sale - 1 million buy, though 25% would go to Wycombe Wanderers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Its a Pity I had such high Hopes For Ibe , but he never kicked on , if anything he went backward , even worse end product than Sterling .

Wish him the best in his future endeavors

That's a good price for Ibe.
    Club should be awash with money this year, if we don't make big money signings later in the summer then FSG is definitely hoarding money.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Club should be awash with money this year, if we don't make big money signings later in the summer then FSG is definitely hoarding money.

You cannot state that as fact when you can't be sure of the transfer policy of the manager beyond the players that have been bought and are strongly linked. Speaking of which Paul Joyce tweeted yesterday that Chillwell, Dahoud and Zeilinski have not been abandoned as targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£75m for Sterling and Ibe not bad business.

Looks like we are getting better at selling players now as well.

• Advertisement

You cannot state that as fact when you can't be sure of the transfer policy of the manager beyond the players that have been bought and are strongly linked. Speaking of which Paul Joyce tweeted yesterday that Chillwell, Dahoud and Zeilinski have not been abandoned as targets.

Ok, let me rephrase, if we miss out on targets that the manager has chosen because of low balling or protracted negotiations over a couple of million then I will be peeved!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

£75m for Sterling and Ibe not bad business.

£65 would be closer, £5o for Sterling and £15 for Ibe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think Ibe being sold means Markovic will be given a chance & that Klopp rates him. We also have Ojo as well. Howe & Bournemouth would be a good move for Ibe as well.
    Hopefully the links to Kuba are true. He would be an excellent signing.

slingerz wrote: »
    £65 would be closer, £5o for Sterling and £15 for Ibe

Less than that as QPR got 20% of the Sterling sale and Wycombe get 25% of Ibe if he is sold.

#accountancy matters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

slingerz wrote: »
    75m for Sterling and Ibe not bad business.

65 would be closer, 5o for Sterling and 15 for Ibe

I'd prefer to keep ibe for another year and see how it goes , think it's the wrong time to sell him

£15m for Ibe. Jesus f*cking Christ.

The game's gone mad, Bill.

Even taking the mass inflation in the English game, the English player and youth premium, TV money, etc., I still didn't expect more than £5m-£7m for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Augeo wrote: »
    There's nothing new going on, Can, Markovic, Origi, Ings & Coutinho ........

There is something new. It's Jurgen Klopp at the helm not Brendan Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Delighted for Ibe. He'll shine in Bournemouth.

I was just trying to find the transfer list for Dortmund in 2008/9 season but alas no luck but I do know there was a huge turnover in Klopps first window

I was just trying to find the transfer list for Dortmund in 2008/9 season but alas no luck but I do know there was a huge turnover in Klopps first window

http://www.transfermarkt.ie/borussia-dortmund/alletransfers/verein/16

This has details of every window for Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

http://www.transfermarkt.ie/borussia-dortmund/alletransfers/verein/16

8adc3349117bfb33a73888e44e71bf0b.png

Philipp Degen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Anyone got a Google Calendar-compatible updated fixture list? Official site only has an Outlook one apparently.

been using this one for years

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=dWU3Ymdpc3RlbnNyamZwbDlnbjkxOXNnMjBAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

Klopp sold us Degen?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I knew there had to be a mark against him somewhere, now we know :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ojo can fill in for the game time Ibe would have gotten without a drop in quality IMO. 15M for Ibe is incredible but I still think if he could learn to make better decisions he'll be a very decent player to have in your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

No his contract expired.

Well that's all right! :D

I can see Eddie Howe getting the best out of Ibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I can see Eddie Howe getting the best out of Ibe.

Some price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

We have some serious cash coming in with £15m for Ibe and £30m for Benteke. I really hope we spend it and spend it wisely.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm assuming since Setanta Sports is no longer and it is Eir now, that existing setanta subscribers (on sky) who aren't Eir customers can't access the onlin streaming that was availabe on setanta before for these channels?

Also, there goes the cheap (129 for 12 months) deal I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

murpho999 wrote: »

All relative really, while 15M is crazy for the likes of Ibe, any player significantly better than him will be probably double that. Lots of middling players in the 20-30 million bracket. Funny money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really hope there's a big sell on clause for Ibe when Bournemouth sell him to City for £80m in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm assuming since Setanta Sports is no longer and it is Eir now, that existing setanta subscribers (on sky) who aren't Eir customers can't access the onlin streaming that was availabe on setanta before for these channels?

Also, there goes the cheap (129 for 12 months) deal I'd imagine.

Sky have the 3 o'clock kick offs on Saturday in Ireland now, fwiw they were advertising it earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Liked ibe but klopp have him plenty of chances so don't think he can complain with being moved on, a good fee and think he will do well at Bournemouth. Ojo will assumably take his place in the squad so it's fairly like for like. Guess it also means klopp has an eye for Markovic too.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    There is something new. It's Jurgen Klopp at the helm not Brendan Rodgers.

Transfer policy & wages etc it's the same imo.
    I am aware the manager has changed.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Joe Allen is on Sevilla's radar. He would fit in wonderfully there I think.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3423200-sevilla-confirm-interest-in-liverpool-duo-joe-allen-and-luis-alberto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Joe Allen is on Sevilla's radar. He would fit in wonderfully there I think.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3423200-sevilla-confirm-interest-in-liverpool-duo-joe-allen-and-luis-alberto

Rumour is they want Joe and Luis Alberto.

Edit: Fenerbache also confirmed that they are in talks with Skrtel, with the move looking to be completed by the end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

if we'd had £15m plus Jordon Ibe accepted by Southampton for Sadio Mané, we'd have had absolutely no problem with that, so I see this as very good business.

There just won't be enough games next season to keep Ibe happy, and at his age, he should be playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Patrick_Swayze

Benteke 30m
    Ibe 15m
    Ballo 8-10m (would take 0 tbh just to get rid of him and his wages)
    Allen 15m
    Henderson 20m
    All personal estimates
    Already 30m spent on Mane and another few mil on the other lads but if we sell 4 or 5 of the lads there, we can invest well before even using our own money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'll be amazed if Henderson is sold this summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement