Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if Henderson is sold this summer.

Doubt he will, but I reckon that Milner will be a more commanding role this year than he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Vicxas wrote: »
    Doubt he will, but I reckon that Milner will be a more commanding role this year than he will.

Yea, I'd agree with that, as long as Milner isn't played centrally I think he'll be an important player for us this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Those fees are nice & all but it'd be nice to y'know be linked with someone other than Blaszczykowski or Subotic :o
    Any word on Sakho's case? Today is the day no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if Henderson is sold this summer.

We can hope though.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ERG89 wrote: »
    Sky have the 3 o'clock kick offs on Saturday in Ireland now, fwiw they were advertising it earlier.

Ya, and that's fine for me who has sky sports, and if I can't watch it on the tv, I have sky go to watch it on, but since the setanta online thing is not gone I don't have that option anymore, unless non eir customers can access that on eir also, which is my question I guess.

• Advertisement

Delighted Ireland is getting the 3PM matches, as that was a dumb rule to apply to us.

Delighted Ireland is getting the 3PM matches, as that was a dumb rule to apply to us.

We've been getting them for years, although we still aren't getting them all unfortunately. A red button choice would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

All relative really, while 15M is crazy for the likes of Ibe, any player significantly better than him will be probably double that. Lots of middling players in the 20-30 million bracket. Funny money

It's a new world, that is crazy money for Ibe but when you look at some of the valuations of players (Deeney, Michael Keane) you realise where it's going. Premier League transfers have pretty much tripled over night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I wonder if the big gun pundits will do the 3pm games or if sky will use jabronis instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

5starpool wrote: »
    We've been getting them for years, although we still aren't getting them all unfortunately. A red button choice would be amazing.

Yup, Setanta (and even RTE for one season) have had the 3pm games over the years. I'd imagine if Sky are involved we might see almost all of them, though I won't see em as I've not got Sky Sports :(

• Advertisement

Sky will be broadcasting 33 PL games on Saturdays here, so 1 a week basically, same as setanta did.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/sky-sports-to-broadcast-live-3pm-premier-league-games-in-ireland-1.2426995

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

I'm fine with moving Ibe on. He seems like a bit of a headless chicken to me, and players who can't play with their heads up at a young age never improve much later on imo. 15m seems like a good fee too, but it really highlights what a great bit of business it was to get 49m for the similarly limited Raheem Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Is Benteke gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We can hope though.

A bizarre thing to say about our 3rd most important player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Am I the only one who finds this Klopp contract thing a bit weird?

It seems pretty small time of us to be offering him a new contract 9 months into a 3 year contract after an unambiguous failure of a season.

It's not that I'm not happy for him to stay on indefinitely or that I'm pessimistic about his performances in the coming season.

I just don't see why he needs or merits a new contract.

And if he does, and this was all it took to offer him a new one, why wasn't he offered an extra year or two to begin with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Gbear wrote: »

It seems pretty small time of us to be offering him a new contract 9 months into a 3 year contract after an unambiguous failure of a season.

It's not that I'm not happy for him to stay on indefinitely or that I'm pessimistic about his performances in the coming season.

And if he does, and this was all it took to offer him a new one, why wasn't he offered an extra year or two to begin with?

Maybe he was and he wanted to see if we suited him. Probably a bit of both it suited both parties at the time.

A lot of people might have a hard time with this but we are lucky to have a manager of Klopps calibre, without him we are bang average as a club, easily outside the top 4 and miles away from where we were even 6/7 years ago.

2 cup finals with someone else's squad and 6 points off a top 4 position, while playing youngsters and getting a feel of the whole squad, seems pretty harsh to be called a failure of a season IMO. The owners have obviously seen enough to offer him a long term contract, and I am absolutely behind them on that decision. Not sure how you'd call it small time tying down a world class manager......maybe we should act like billy big balls and ask him to wait down a contract he can get with better clubs when time comes to renew, because we used to be huge.

Klopp is key to turning us around, give him as long as he wants IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can't believe I just read that! Two finals in 6 months, one against Man City lost on penos and other a European final (the lesser) against the team for that competition.

Re Ibe - the club have negotiated buy back and sell on clauses.

A bizarre thing to say about our 3rd most important player.

Bizarre thing to say about a player who isn't that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

15m for Ibe working under a very good coach in Howe with Buy Back & Sell on Clauses is a great deal.

• Advertisement

Sakho result to be announced 'in due course' but not before next week. Idiots, I wish they'd get it over and done with.

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2909099/liverpools-mamadou-sakho-must-wait-for-anti-doping-verdict-source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

MD1990 wrote: »
    15m for Ibe working under a very good coach in Howe with Buy Back & Sell on Clauses is a great deal.

Especially the buy back clause ! Ibe needs game time and lots of it. I think he will become a very very good player.

Sakho result to be announced 'in due course' but not before next week. Idiots, I wish they'd get it over and done with.

http://www.espnfc.com/liverpool/story/2909099/liverpools-mamadou-sakho-must-wait-for-anti-doping-verdict-source

They've got at least three long working lunches to get through before they pass judgement. And probably Karaoke in a strip joint as well at some point.

Emre Can starts! :eek:

Subotic is going to be doing the rounds in England like Oddegard did a while back:
    The tweet translates as “Neven Subotic was exempt from the training in order to conduct negotiations with a potential new club.”

What’s more, German outlet Kicker suggest the Bundesliga giants will sell for €10m and that the centre-back is on his way to England – with a Premier League move likely. They suggest Spurs are likely suitors, but Liverpool and Arsenal have also been linked with the 27-year-old’s services.

Subotic was a key part of Jurgen Klopp’s title winning sides in Germany, but the centre-back’s stock has fallen since and is not a starter under Thomas Tuchel. He possesses vast experience though, is positionally excellent and composed on the ball.

Link for the full story:

Link

They've got at least three long working lunches to get through before they pass judgement. And probably Karaoke in a strip joint as well at some point.

Emre Can starts! :eek:

Should have been on ahead of Schweinsteiger in the last game considering how early Khedira went off. Glad he won't get his medal using the 'Reina method'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Getting stuff like that done with a single meeting and in a generally expeditious manner does nothing to populate expense claims.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

It's good to see us doing unreal deals on selling squad players rather than buying squad players for overinflated fees!

If we were on the other end of the stick, there would be uproar here if we bought Ibe for £15m with a buy back & sell on clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Klopp is the future of the club, I can't think of another manager in world football who has the credentials, character and experience to get us back to being consistently competing for the Pl & CL. He has shown throughout his career that he makes long term commitments to clubs and clearly values when that is reciprocated by the club. It gives him the confidence to manage as he sees fit and for the owners to recognise that and give him a longer contract now that he's settled in and is clearly happy at the club is decision making of the highest order by them.

He's our man, he's going to be here for a long time so get with his programme or GTFO!!

I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Should have been on ahead of Schweinsteiger in the last game considering how early Khedira went off. Glad he won't get his medal using the 'Reina method'.

Don't agree there. International football in the knockout phase is probably not where you want to throw a young lad in with feck all experience. He's only really played at the back for them too.

Looking forward to seeing how he does tonight though. He surely would have known for a few days that he was getting the nod, so hopefully he's prepared and plays well.

• Advertisement

Can playing a blinder for Germany atm.

Bizarre thing to say about a player who isn't that.

Wasn't even the 3rd most important player for us in Midfield last season....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Funny, he looks a little lost to me.
    Got played around a couple of times and seemed not to know whether to track back or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It's great to see him get a start in such an important game, it's an awesome achievement for the lad.

I was just looking at Muller giving Can a little bollicking after his yellow and it made me realise how much Liverpool need experienced pros like that in the side.

What have we got? Milner. Henderson? Sakho? Loveren? Who else?

Really lacking some leadership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    It's great to see him get a start in such an important game, it's an awesome achievement for the lad.

I was just looking at Muller giving Can a little bollicking after his yellow and it made me realise how much Liverpool need experienced pros like that in the side.

As I said the last day, Karius. Very important to have a keeper who will shout abuse to our defenders, Mig was always far too quiet.

Can having a good game, should have had an assist but for Muller being utter scutter. Plus a good stab on goal himself.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »

Not sure if he was giving him a bollocking, Muller always looks like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lads of there was one player we could buy tomorrow it would have to be griezmann, what a player. Very suarez like

rob316 wrote: »
    Lads of there was one player we could buy tomorrow it would have to be griezmann, what a player. Very suarez like

Yea, he's unreal, cost an absolute fortune but he'd be a nightmare to defend against....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

If we could buy one player tomorrow why not go for the real thing

#Saurez..!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

martyos121 wrote: »
    As I said the last day, Karius. Very important to have a keeper who will shout abuse to our defenders, Mig was always far too quiet.

Like all the of the new signings so far, I know nothing about him. Which is not a bad thing and it leaves room for myself to be pleasantly surprised.
    Not sure if he was giving him a bollocking, Muller always looks like that.

Definitely a wee bollocking, he was preventing Can from finding himself in more trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

not yet wrote: »
    If we could buy one player tomorrow why not go for the real thing

#Saurez..!!

Too old don't you know anything about our transfer policy!

Nah, can't be dealing with that celebration, which is obviously one of the most important considerations in a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nah, can't be dealing with that celebration, which is obviously one of the most important considerations in a player.

Bar is pretty ****ing low already, though.

corwill wrote: »
    Bar is pretty ****ing low already, though.

Him and Sturridge doing their dances together after a goal though would send rival fans into meltdown. For that reason alone, I'd break the bank for Griezmann.

We should also buy Michail Antonio as an impact celebrator when the other two aren't on their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sissoko would add to our midfield if those links a real he's been boss tonight.

Can drifted out of the game in the 2nd half but harsh on him to be taken off and replaced by nobody.

We could probably break 4 banks for Griezmann and he still wouldn't sign for us anyhow.

We could probably break 4 banks for Griezmann and he still wouldn't sign for us anyhow.

Any player will sign for a club of our size for the right money. The thing is we don't offer that kind of money to players and don't bother with superstar signings. I'm not totally ok with that but I've long accepted it and don't really mind anymore. Any talk of Griezmann can't be taken too seriously, bit of banter and wishful thinking is all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Does anyone know if footballtickets.net is legit, I want to bring my lad to a game this season and I know tickets are 115 pounds each but I wouldn't mind paying that as a one off if I knew they were above board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If our transfer committee had any sense. They would have targeted Griezmann in 2014 at Sociedad after selling Suarez. I think Griezmann has always wanted to stay in Spain though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement