Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hope this doesn't slow down the redevelopment of the new stand now that Sakho is finishing up to go back training with the squad.

Then again maybe the will do a nixer on his off days.

Like any good contracter, he gets the hell out of the job when something better comes along.

To resume playing for us that is. Not another club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Sakho. Get the **** in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Brilliant, but a bit of a ****ing travesty the way it's all happened.

Poor fella has missed a Europa League final, and the European Championships on home soul, which they're looking likely to win.

Those are some serious memories and experiences to be robbed of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surely that means the EL Final will be replayed?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Surely that means the EL Final will be replayed?

Oh ffs! You had the best chance ever to suggest Liverpool to be added as the Turty turd team to the CL group stages and ya blew it! Ya blew it!

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Oh ffs! You had the best chance ever to suggest Liverpool to be added as the Turty turd team to the CL group stages and ya blew it! Ya blew it!

F*ck that, we were in the final. I'd even settle for restarting the 2nd half. All the boards experts who wanted us thrown out would be in favour of it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mané and Firmino linking up well....

Mane looking very lively. Should really have 2 assists already, with better finishing from Firmino and Kent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

That was some ball by lovren to mane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mane is a rocket. Did not know he was this quick

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    F*ck that, we were in the final. I'd even settle for restarting the 2nd half. All the boards experts who wanted us thrown out would be in favour of it too.

And who are you to diminish their esteemed qualifications in toxicology?

Thay they were awarded for collecting ten Kit Kat wrappers.

martyos121 wrote: »
    And who are you to diminish their esteemed qualifications in toxicology?

Thay they were awarded for collecting ten Kit Kat wrappers.

Some of them have done a conversion course to a law degree already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Firmino's topnot is annoying the sh1t out of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Doodoo wrote: »
    Firmino's topnot is annoying the sh1t out of me

Someone should chop it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sakho matip and lovren with Gomez or another youth player will be plenty for centre half for the season. Great news that he's cleared, absolute farce how long it took though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

HT Tramere Rovers 0 - 0 Firmino's Hair

Good 45 mins everyone played their part, Mane and Firmino's hair linked up very well for a first game, pity the latters finishing is ring rusty. Sadio has serious early pace. Kent and Smith have proved plenty of attacking width down the left flank while in the engine room Lucas has been "Lucasish", Brannagan quietly effective and Ovie Ejaria full of running and tricky feet. Karius has had little to do with Lovren and Matip likewise fairly quiet but effective - Flanno tackles in attack are poor but he made a couple of good ones when defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CB is sorted for the season now I think.

We need a LB to compete with Moreno.

We needed an experienced CM player I think.

We need a Striker.

We need a new captain!

We need a Striker.

We need a new captain!

sakho-1.jpg

Markovic on for the second half......Wisdom and Ilori at CB, Ings on up top also.....

#LFC's second-half XI...

Karius, Randall, Wisdom, Ilori, Moreno, Alexander-Arnold, Stewart, Chirivella, Markovic, Woodburn, Ings.

Keep your eye out for Trent Alexander-Arnold down the right and Ben Woodburn up top. Great U18 prospects

• Advertisement

is joe gomez not in the squad ?

Keep your eye out for Trent Alexander-Arnold down the right and Ben Woodburn up top. Great U18 prospects

More interested in seeing how Ings does to be honest.

More interested in seeing how Ings does to be honest.

Sure but most people here won't know these lads, I flagged them up.

Moreno and Firmino sporting the same awful hairstyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What has Moreno done with his hair lol

NukaCola wrote: »
    Moreno and Firmino sporting the same awful hairstyle
    What has Moreno done with his hair lol

Sounds like a bet or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Markovic looking good so far.

Ings captain for the second half?

We need a Striker.

We need a new captain!

I think we're ok for strikers now to be honest, unless someone absolutely top class was available. But with Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Mane, and Firmino as options, we're in decent shape there.

Really do need first choice LB and CM options alright though.

I don't have a problem with Henderson as captain at all. As I've mentioned before eon here, what the captain does off the field is far more important than what we see on the field. Leaders on the field will be leaders regardless of if they have a little armband on. Sakho won't become any more dominant by having it, for instance. I get the impression that Henderson off the field is actually really great at that stuff - all the tedious organizational stuff, talking to young players, acting as a channel to the manager etc.

Thankfully he had to play very little at the Euro's, so hopefully the mixture of rest and decent training he's gotten over the summer, without the wear and tear or actually playing, mean he can come back to the form he had prior to last year. I'd certainly be more than happy with another year of Henderson as captain anyway.

• Advertisement

Thinking of Markovic as Ibe + 5 million makes his price much easier to bear. He's twice the footballer Ibe is.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Thinking of Markovic as Ibe + 5 million makes his price much easier to bear. He's twice the footballer Ibe is.

Or think of Mane as a 15m player! That said Ibe hasn't actually gone anywhere yet.

I think we're ok for strikers now to be honest, unless someone absolutely top class was available. But with Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Mane, and Firmino as options, we're in decent shape there.

History shows Sturridge will only play about 40% of games.

Mane & Firmino will get goals but are not strikers.

That leaves us with Ings and Origi for the other 60% of games not really inspiring to be honest not that either are bad players and both will score goals but I don't see either getting 20 league goals which is what we need in a striker to get top 4 one who will score 20 league goals I believe.

Sturridge has only ever scored over 20 league goals once and that was the season he played beside Luis and everyone in that team looked top class but as we have seen since Luis left most just reverted back to being the average players they are.

There is goals there I personally would like to see another striker brought in but if one isn't I won't be to upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/226933-liverpool-fc-statement

Club statement on Sakho is pretty brief. Wonder will they pursue compensation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

No Luis Alberto in the squad, not really surprising.

Markovic missed an open goal there....

• Advertisement

History shows Sturridge will only play about 40% of games.

Mane & Firmino will get goals but are not strikers.

That leaves us with Ings and Origi for the other 60% of games not really inspiring to be honest not that either are bad players and both will score goals but I don't either getting 20 league goals which is what we need a striker who will score 20 league goals I believe.

Sturridge has only ever scored over 20 league goals once and that was the season he played beside Luis and everyone in that team looked top class but as we have seen since Luis left most just reverted back to being the average players they are.

There is goals there I personally would like to see another striker brought in but if one isn't I won't be to upset.

3 players for 1 position, with 2 more very solid backup options who have each played plenty of their careers at centre forward is enough. I just don't think there's really room for another one. If we're bringing in another striker, I think one of the existing 3 has to go, which is fair enough if thats your position.

I'm actually pretty happy with the idea of Origi as a potential first choice option, looked absolutely outstanding towards the end of last season. Perfect guy to build an attacking team around where you expect to get a lot of goals from your front 4, rather than centering everything around the centre forward.

Rather than wanting a specific league goals target from a player (20 goals from a striker for instance), i'd rather we focus on a goal target for the entire attacking lineup, and how that gets broken up is kind of irrelevant. They need to enable each other.

Two great moves, off the line from Woodburn then overhead kick by Ings just over the goal. Markovic involved in both moves.

3 players for 1 position, with 2 more very solid backup options who have each played plenty of their careers at centre forward is enough. I just don't think there's really room for another one. If we're bringing in another striker, I think one of the existing 3 has to go, which is fair enough if thats your position.

I'm actually pretty happy with the idea of Origi as a potential first choice option, looked absolutely outstanding towards the end of last season. Perfect guy to build an attacking team around where you expect to get a lot of goals from your front 4, rather than centering everything around the centre forward.

Rather than wanting a specific league goals target from a player (20 goals from a striker for instance), i'd rather we focus on a goal target for the entire attacking lineup, and how that gets broken up is kind of irrelevant. They need to enable each other.

I think Origi can be that player in time I'm just not sure if this is the season for him. I'd love if it was.

I really do think you need to set your main striker a 20 league goal target for a season if you want to finish top 4 or win the league.

A 20 goal a season player inspires those around them to join in as can be seen from nearly every team that has ever won a league.

Setting a team a target to score a total is making the players look to someone else to score goals not chasing after goals trying catch the guy scoring all the goals.

Great goal.

We should really have scored 5 from the chances we've created over the 2 halves, but each of our attacking lineups have looked good, just some rusty finishing.

Given that the game is utterly meaningless, it's been pretty decent run out I think.

Great goal from Ings :)

• Advertisement

Trent Alexander-Arnold with a barnstorming run released Ings who lashed home.

1-0 Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Nice one Danny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Delighted for Ings. Welcome back.

Great run by Trent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nice run and pass by Alexander Arnold

Trent Alexander-Arnold with a barnstorming run released Ings who lashed home.

That chap moves like the wind!

Nice see captain Ings score after the injury lay off.

Vicxas wrote: »
    That chap moves like the wind!

He's the right sided Gareth Bale of the U18's for me, not playing as a RB tonight but if he were he'd still be making runs like that.

Grujic not there either not looking good for him then either ;)

Apparently Grujic had to leave so he can come back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement