Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rob316 wrote: »
    Anyone see that BS from Duncan Castles that Clyne was offered to Barcelona as a replacement for Alves but they declined. Apparently Clyne isn't satisfied by his status at the club under Klopp....yes the same Clyne who played over 50 games at RB, is the first name on the team sheet.
    Oh and we are just bursting with so much quality we are offering one of our best players to the best team in world football!

Has to be madness. Clyne was POTY for me, last season. He's Stevie Finnan 2.0, plays a 7/10 every damn game. He's getting better too. Noticeable improvement in his attacking game by the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's Duncan Castles...I don't know why anyone is surprised.

Castles is a monster langball, and a favoured meat-puppet of Jose's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dunkin Castles is a tragic WUM these days.

Cm_0NzPXEAAiCRf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

"Dissatisfied with his status" What the hell does that even mean?

Maybe Clyne has his eye on the manager's job and Klopp sussed him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Clyne has never looked unhappy to me in his time at the club - he is a great player but I don't know is he "Barca material"?

Ugh, I hate using that phrase... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Moreno needs to be replaced and used as backup. I cannot see him improving defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

5starpool wrote: »
    Damien360 wrote: »
    If they did that, I could lay a bet that the seats will turn up on eBay after 5 years at a far higher premium and one person will hold huge numbers of them for sale.

We cannot whinge about lack of premium player purchases and then complain about maximising revenue. Maximising revenue was applauded here when FSG really got their teeth dug in at early stages of purchasing the club. This is just good business, even if in real terms it is Mickey Mouse money.

LFC Keyboard warriors will keep us at mid table if we don't compete financially.

Ya, the million quid they might make from this will make all the difference. You sound like someone who doesn't care who gets gouged as long as it isn't you.

Great attitude.
    How can anyone be "gouged" here? If you're happy to buy an old seat from the stadium for 200 do so if not don't. No one "has" to own an old stadium seat do they?

Moaners and whingers are always going to moan and whinge, it's what they live for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maybe Clyne feels he's playing too many games and wants a limited appearances contract ala Sturridge, the Undertaker of the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Benteke has agreed personal terms with Crystal Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Moreno needs to be replaced and used as backup. I cannot see him improving defensively.

Definitely need a lb if nothing to put pressure on moreno. Robbie brady would b a solid squad signing. Could cover a lot of positions and huge potential for improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Benteke has agreed personal terms with Crystal Palace.

Good. Should be a good move for him..he'll do well there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Good. Should be a good move for him..he'll do well there.

He will definitely do very well with Palace. He just doesn't suit our style unfortunately, because he is a 20 goal a season striker, with the right team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Rodgers has some transfer record. Signs Benteke for 30m and gone the next year.

Better comparison is Carroll and Mario. Gets rid of Carroll because of being a crock and an unreliable personality only to sign Mario....who is also an unreliable personality who missed umpteen games due to "illness".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its as if rodgers was making it up as he went along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Benteke lacks ambition .
    Crystal Palace . Should of went to Atletico.
    Benteke is a great player in the right team. Villa were not it, Liverpool were not it and Palace are not it.
    He's a Champions League player. Should of replaced Torres at Atlectio. They play more direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Benteke lacks ambition .
    Crystal Palace . Should of went to Atletico.
    Benteke is a great player in the right team. Villa were not it, Liverpool were not it and Palace are not it.
    He's a Champions League player. Should of replaced Torres at Atlectio. They play more direct.

Was Athletico's interest still there? Maybe Tekkers didn't fancy swapping one club where he would have to run and move for another where he'd be asked to do likewise.

The idea of Simeone signing Benteke seems faintly ridiculous.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Atletico generally only sign expensive players if they only have to own about 20% of him. Thy don't really have near as much money as a club of their status should.

I wasn't talking about the money but I reckon you knew that :)

oh yeah
    Anfield officials were left baffled by a report suggesting Clyne was unsettled and had been offered to Barcelona. #LFC (James Pearce)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Simeone would never want Benteke at Atletico absolutely no chance.

Here is Mensah a few days ago on the 1st day of pre-season .

Cm1LFtkWgAAFysY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

oh yeah

Ya, I got what you were saying. Just adding another reason why it wouldn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

oh yeah

I don't blame Clyne for getting ideas about himself....he must look at his co Saints now Pool players and think he's a world beater in comparison. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    Where did I predict what his productivity will be?

Is using 5 goals in 7 PL starts misguided to predict his productivity btw?

Just to clarify for those with seemingly limited interpretation/comprehension .....

^^^ that's opinion

^^^^ That's a tiny sample size

^^^^ That's fact, no prediction of future productivity suggested or implied.

Context is key. You posted those stats in response to someone suggesting origi will score more than 1 in 4 for us. So no taken out of context your post means feck all but in context it means what we both know you meant by it. Unless you just threw up his stats whilst people were discussing his future productivity coincidentally for no reason. :rolleyes: Please stop being willfully obtuse!

MD1990 wrote: »
    Simeone would never want Benteke at Atletico absolutely no chance.

Here is Mensah a few days ago on the 1st day of pre-season .

Cm1LFtkWgAAFysY.jpg

He's having a drink
    Built in water fountain on pitch .

He plays Torres a lot .
    He wanders around pitch.

Benteke is not Balotelli . It's a shame Benteke is labelled as lazy, he's far from that.

mormank wrote: »
    Context is key. You posted those stats in response to someone suggesting origi will score more than 1 in 4 for us. So no taken out of context your post means feck all but in context it means what we both know you meant by it. Unless you just threw up his stats whilst people were discussing his future productivity coincidentally for no reason. :rolleyes: Please stop being willfully obtuse!

lol

I showed exactly what I posted my response to, 5 goals in 7 PL starts is not at all a indication of anything. That's what I threw up his stats for. Are we to think 5 goals in 7 PL starts is some barometer to measure future productivity with? Because I can tell you now he won't be maintaining that stat.

Please stop being ambitiously clairvoyant too btw kid.

If you want to lecture / talk out of your hoop I suggest doing a H dip or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

ricero wrote: »
    Its as if rodgers was making it up as he went along

I think that became quite apparent at stages last yr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

At Lille Origi was very young often playing LW in a very defensive team. I wouldn't be reading much into his Lille days.
    Last season he progressed a lot. The best stat would be minutes per goal. Appearances is not the most accurate stat for judging a player imo.
    He is only 21 too so I don't think suggesting he can score more than 1 in 4 is too optimistic either.

He is only 21 too so I don't think suggesting he can score more than 1 in 4 is too optimistic either.

I think we all hope he goes on to be a 1 in 3 or closer to a 1 in 2 striker.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Enough lads, back on topic please. On thread warnings have been given, bickering has been removed, so now cards have to come out and posts may be deleted. Please stay on topic and keep it civil between each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pretty pleased we're getting a big fee for Benteke. Surely we will splurge on a big name striker in turn? Exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

What are you discussing?

Anyhoo some nice pix of inside Anfield

910cba658145328ab8eff3895e1c8beb.jpg

Fathers for Justice?

Glico Man wrote: »
    Fathers for Justice?

At that distance it's hard to tell if Raheem Sterling is one of them! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

lol

I showed exactly what I posted my response to, 5 goals in 7 PL starts is not at all a indication of anything. That's what I threw up his stats for. Are we to think 5 goals in 7 PL starts is some barometer to measure future productivity with? Because I can tell you now he won't be maintaining that stat.

Please stop being ambitiously clairvoyant too btw kid.

If you want to lecture / talk out of your hoop I suggest doing a H dip or similar.

Someone said he was a 1 in 4 striker, to which someone else said he has 5 goals in 7 starts for us to which you replied with the stats as if to back up the original poster suggesting he would be a 1 in 4 striker. Your post was ambiguous at best. Clairvoyant?!? Lol. I was merely reacting to the thrust of your post. Don't wanna lecture anyone kid. That seems much more down your alley tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

mormank wrote: »
    Someone said he was a 1 in 4 striker, to which someone else said he has 5 goals in 7 starts for us to which you replied with the stats as if to back up the original poster suggesting he would be a 1 in 4 striker. Your post was ambiguous at best. Clairvoyant?!? Lol. I was merely reacting to the thrust of your post. Don't wanna lecture anyone kid. That seems much more down your alley tbf.

STOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seems there was another bid from China this time an art collector and China's 47th richest man worth over £2.5B.

Very happy to keep FSG as owners myself.

Me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

At Lille Origi was very young often playing LW in a very defensive team. I wouldn't be reading much into his Lille days.
    Last season he progressed a lot. The best stat would be minutes per goal. Appearances is not the most accurate stat for judging a player imo.

Yep, his goals per minute ratio is pretty decent and that includes time under Rodgers and in France where he was hardly banging them in.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Seems there was another bid from China this time an art collector and China's 47th richest man worth over £2.5B.

I'd be very wary of Chinese investment considering the state of the Chinese economy. Maybe this guy has diversified but people have been warning about a bubble there for 6 or 7 years. Like a stopped clock they'll get it right eventually!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The way things are going with FSG I reckon they are in this for the longterm. they paid £300m 6 years ago and if they are refusing over double that now it's indicative of their commitment/plans imo.

Sissoko anyone? He's good when he cares to be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sissoko having another good game if the rumours are true that we are for him for £15m I'd love to see it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

lol

I never get this attitude on internet arguments. He put up a pointless stat, so you countered with your own pointless stat at the exact other end of the spectrum.

Instead of everyone posting what backs up their argument, why don't we just post the thing that actually brings us to the truth?

Obviously, the 5 goals in 7 starts is disingenuous and doesn't paint the truth of the matter. Obviously counting every single appearance he's ever played at any level in any position, and trying to use that as an indicator of future performance has exactly the same problem. The truth, is obviously in between. Based on his performances and stats over the past 2 or 3 seasons, and a bit of basic common sense, he's clearly pushing into being a 1 in 3 striker, and improving.

Christ, not to be a dick, but some of these back-and-forths are just so ****in' tiring!

<edit> reacted to this before reading the last page and warning...****it, in a general sense, my point stands.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    <edit> reacted to this before reading the last page and warning...****it, in a general sense, my point stands.

:p

ban_hammer.jpg

• Advertisement

Sissoko anyone? He's good when he cares to be :)

Far, far, far too often, he can't be arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Grueller

mosstin wrote: »
    Far, far, far too often, he can't be arsed.

He has played under Pardew, John Carver, Joe Kinnear and Steve McClaren at Newcastle. I wouldn't be arsed either.

Joao Mario looks really good and is only at Sporting Lisbon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Joao Mario looks really good and is only at Sporting Lisbon!

Sissoko looks better but considering his form at Newcastle, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Anyway, Sporting Lisbon are a decent side.

Grueller wrote: »
    He has played under Pardew, John Carver, Joe Kinnear and Steve McClaren at Newcastle. I wouldn't be arsed either.

I wouldn't want to buy you either then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement