Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think a lot of the problem with Sissoko's form at Newcastle is down to what the fcuk am I still doing at this club to be honest I think when he joined Newcastle he expected it to be a stepping stone to a bigger club like a lot of Newcastle's signings at the time.

Both Liverpool and Arsenal were both looking at him before and since he joined.

I'd take him now if Klopp could get him consistent his work rate under a manager like Klopp he could be a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I think a lot of the problem with Sissoko's form at Newcastle is down to what the fcuk am I still doing at this club to be honest I think when he joined Newcastle he expected it to be a stepping stone to a bigger club like a lot of Newcastle's signings at the time.

Both Liverpool and Arsenal were both looking at him before and since he joined.

I'd take him now if Klopp could get him consistent his work rate under a manager like Klopp he could be a superstar.

I doubt Klopp would want someone who had an attitude like that. Folk making one swallow into a summer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Seems there was another bid from China this time an art collector and China's 47th richest man worth over £2.5B.

Very happy to keep FSG as owners myself.

It's Kess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

gafferino wrote: »
    It's Kess

Is kess in China or is that sarcasm because he disappeared, any news of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

No to Sissoko. Complete mercenary. Only bothered when looking to secure a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Had France in the office draw and when that twat hit the post I knew the game was up.

Hope Utd spend 100m on that Pogba as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ebbsy wrote: »
    Had France in the office draw and when that twat hit the post I knew the game was up.

Hope Utd spend 100m on that Pogba as well.

he really is piss poor and £100 million , whoever pays that deserves balls of s hite shot at him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ah here, he's not piss poor if played correctly. Seems massive money though for somebody they let go a few years ago!

My suspicion is Real will beat them to it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pogba is a very good player.....the money is crazy but piss poor is a ridiculous statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Raphael has had an outstanding tournament for Portugal. Never seen the guy play before but he seems to have everything. Looked up who he plays with to see what are our chances...turns out hes just signed for dortmund. Excellent purchase for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

People who've watched Pogba play about 7 times total (maybe less) declaring him poor. Nobody is really worth 100m but he's a potential Balon Dor winner in the future. If United can afford it then he's worth it. I'd be gutted if they get him as he could easily push them miles ahead of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NukaCola wrote: »
    Pogba is a very good player.....the money is crazy but piss poor is a ridiculous statement.

Supposedly 20% of his fee will go to his agent. He should stay at Juve as he doesn't handle pressure well so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

mosstin wrote: »
    STOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Yeah I will. I have. i posted that last post before I saw the warning post because I was accused of "talking out of my hoop". It's like when the ref books two players at once for handbags or something. Alot of the time it's just easier for the ref to book both than to figure out who was the aggressor or whatever. I'll take it on the chin and move on! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I never get this attitude on internet arguments. He put up a pointless stat, so you countered with your own pointless stat at the exact other end of the spectrum.

Instead of everyone posting what backs up their argument, why don't we just post the thing that actually brings us to the truth?

Obviously, the 5 goals in 7 starts is disingenuous and doesn't paint the truth of the matter. Obviously counting every single appearance he's ever played at any level in any position, and trying to use that as an indicator of future performance has exactly the same problem. The truth, is obviously in between. Based on his performances and stats over the past 2 or 3 seasons, and a bit of basic common sense, he's clearly pushing into being a 1 in 3 striker, and improving.

Christ, not to be a dick, but some of these back-and-forths are just so ****in' tiring!

<edit> reacted to this before reading the last page and warning...****it, in a general sense, my point stands.

Amen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He's a player everyone could do without at that money .
    He will need to be the difference in a final or a Champions League KO game to justify it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Raphael has had an outstanding tournament for Portugal. Never seen the guy play before but he seems to have everything. Looked up who he plays with to see what are our chances...turns out hes just signed for dortmund. Excellent purchase for them.

Looks great alright. Didn't realise until tonight that he's actually from Paris. Didn't speak any Portuguese when he made his debut for Portugal and only ever played club football in France before Dortmund now

Must be a bit surreal for him in Paris tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What the **** is a Sturbridge, and why does every device I own insist on autocorrecting to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    What the **** is a Sturbridge, and why does every device I own insist on autocorrecting to it?

Town in Massachusetts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Whats this crap about Clyne to Barca?!

People are well and truly talking out their collective hoops on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Town in Massachusetts.

Must have a large hospital wing so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »

Just one journo (a notorious ringpiece), and already rubbished by the club.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Vicxas wrote: »

Duncan Castles rubbish.

Firmly debunked by Pearce & co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Knex. wrote: »
    He has the physical tools, but unfortunately he has regressed if anything since he joined. Mentally, he's not at the races at all. Dives in recklessly in bonker scenarios, and honestly, he's not a threat at all going forward, as willing a runner as he is.

I'd easily take a fit Enrique over him, tbh.

I had very high hopes for him, but some of the stuff he does just baffles me. I wouldn't sell him, though. We don't exactly have any other left back in the squad. We just need to bring in a better quality one, and let Moreno compete against him, although that's far easier said than done.

I'd agree with this (apart from the Enrique shout). I find it baffling that we're not going all-out for the best LB and CM we can get. A deputy RB, sure, but Moreno needs benching IMO.

I know both Klopp and FSG would rather buy developing players on the cheap and improve them, but the pursuits of Chilwell and Zielinski seem bizarre when we've spunked £30m+ on the likes of Benteke and Mané in the last year - players for whom there was no desperate need. The outgoing Skrtel and Toure will need replacements as well, but we've heard considerably less about replacing them (apart from Matip, who's just had surgery and will be going to the ACON) than we have about strengthening the attack, despite only Spurs scoring more PL goals since Klopp's arrival last season.

Danny Ward is off to Huddersfield on loan for the season, but also signed a 5-year contract with us.

Hopefully that means next season we have Karius and Ward as our 2 keepers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/752485279089496064

At this stage it surely runs it close though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

CnFjmJbWYAAr_Hz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

'Hon the Joe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

8-10 wrote: »
    Looks great alright. Didn't realise until tonight that he's actually from Paris. Didn't speak any Portuguese when he made his debut for Portugal and only ever played club football in France before Dortmund now

Must be a bit surreal for him in Paris tonight!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/26/liverpool-raphael-guerreiro-lorient-bid

Ah well.

8-10 wrote: »
    Danny Ward is off to Huddersfield on loan for the season, but also signed a 5-year contract with us.

Hopefully that means next season we have Karius and Ward as our 2 keepers!

Also fun fact - Loris Karius and Danny Ward were born on the same day

I see there is talk now that West Brom & Newcastle are in for Ibe.

• Advertisement

I see there is talk now that West Brom & Newcastle are in for Ibe.

Ugh, Tony Pulis will destroy him.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well I just wish they'd get on with it (and Benteke) I have visions of both somehow still being on the books come Sept 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

MD1990 wrote: »

Be still, my beating heart! :pac::(

It would make no sense to leave Ward go due to lack of game time (i presume) and bring in someone who will probably not play a single game at the same time.......

Why would Manninger be interested as third pick? This is the trouble with keepers, you need them but only one for 80% of all game time in a given season. The U21 keeper would surely do for the 1 game he's needed!

Why would Manninger be interested as third pick? This is the trouble with keepers, you need them but only one for 80% of all game time in a given season. The U21 keeper would surely do for the 1 game he's needed!

Well he's played 60 games in 8 years so not sure he minds the familiar feeling of not playing week in week out to be honest.

Well he's played 60 games in 8 years so not sure he minds the familiar feeling of not playing week in week out to be honest.

Is that 60 games or 60 part games you know stats matter. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It would make no sense to leave Ward go due to lack of game time (i presume) and bring in someone who will probably not play a single game at the same time.......

TBF if Ward is seen as a viable option in the future it makes sense to let him play week in and week out for a team for a few years rather than sitting on the bench for the off chance that he may be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CnFjmJbWYAAr_Hz.jpg

So does this mean Joe is now worth more than Pogba because he's in the team of the tournament ahead of him:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Turtyturd wrote: »
    TBF if Ward is seen as a viable option in the future it makes sense to let him play week in and week out for a team for a few years rather than sitting on the bench for the off chance that he may be needed.

I agree, we need to develop the younger keeper for the long term by getting him competitive games week in, if Manninger is happy to sit on the bench I'm ok with this and he must be too. At 39 you cant be too picky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

emmetkenny wrote: »
    So does this mean Joe is now worth more than Pogba because he's in the team of the tournament ahead of him:confused:

Yes

Turtyturd wrote: »

Yea, but I still dont see a reason to bring in a 3rd keeper. It would make more sense to be able to recall Ward if a crisis at GK occurred mid-season rather than bring in another GK at the start of the season. Karius and Mignolet should be enough cover for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Should have kept Enrique as 3rd choice keeper.

1333293593800_272.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Or maybe Migs is gone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time [/kenobi]

Surprised he's still playing, he was our second keeper in 1998!

If he were going to have a coaching role as well then fair enough.

emmetkenny wrote: »

The cream rises to the top on the big stage.

Other stuff sinks..

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yea, but I still dont see a reason to bring in a 3rd keeper. It would make more sense to be able to recall Ward if a crisis at GK occurred mid-season rather than bring in another GK at the start of the season. Karius and Mignolet should be enough cover for us.

Players can't be recalled from loans now (although maybe they can during the transfer window, not sure).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

He could certainly have helped with the club's renaissance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement