Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hojbjerg has signed for Southampton for 12m. Watch us bid 25m next summer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

NukaCola wrote: »
    Hojbjerg has signed for Southampton for 12m. Watch us bid 25m next summer.

Only 25m? He must be crap then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

5starpool wrote: »
    Only 25m? He must be crap then.

It'll be 25m and Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Wow, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A long time [/kenobi]

Surprised he's still playing, he was our second keeper in 1998!

he was good in championship manager 98/99 if i remember correctly :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10498863/christian-benteke-not-close-to-liverpool-exit-and-wants-anfield-stay-says-agent-kismet-eris

Benteke's agent denies that the Palace deal is nearly done and says the striker wants to stay and fight for his place.

Presumably just trying to get a better deal for his client wherever he goes, but this deal may take a little longer before it concludes.

I reckon Benteke will do well wherever he ends up, whenever it does finally happen! Ideally, we'd sell him to a non-PL club too - I can't help but feel he would immediately resume his tradition of hammering us if we sold him!!

• Advertisement

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10498863/christian-benteke-not-close-to-liverpool-exit-and-wants-anfield-stay-says-agent-kismet-eris

Benteke's agent denies that the Palace deal is nearly done and says the striker wants to stay and fight for his place.

Presumably just trying to get a better deal for his client wherever he goes, but this deal may take a little longer before it concludes.

I reckon Benteke will do well wherever he ends up, whenever it does finally happen! Ideally, we'd sell him to a non-PL club too - I can't help but feel he would immediately resume his tradition of hammering us if we sold him!!

I reckon you're right, looks like smoke and mirrors to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ah lads, where's all this Draxler talk coming from? He'd be an incredible signing. Surely not a hope there?

Just too many reasons why I can't see it being plausible.

Knex. wrote: »
    Ah lads, where's all this Draxler talk coming from? He'd be an incredible signing. Surely not a hope there?

If hes going anywhere itll be Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I think that there will be at least one signing which will take everyone by surprise, not necessarily Draxler but either in midfield or up front. We still do not have one top class midfielder who can take a game by the scruff of the neck, control the tempo etc. With our pursuit of Dahoud looking fruitless, we still look light in midfield.

https://twitter.com/miklfc/status/752499421842182144

Seriously, he's only getting better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Playing that headless chicken Kyle Walker over him is the height of stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Jonas Hector's representatives have apparently said Liverpool and Spurs are interested. Sadly, they said this to Barcelona, who are after competition for Alba.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/hector-cartera-5262112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Talisman wrote: »

Based on my understanding of that, it's highly unlikely Sakho is going to come out this on the losing side. I'm no expert on the subject, but it looks like a huge error on WADA's part and one they're trying to protest their innocence from, when they don't appear to have a leg to stand on.

The wording of that article makes it seem as though Sakho could yet be banned, but I can't see that being the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Talisman wrote: »

WADA mess!

I'll get my coat.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

rob316 wrote: »
    Playing that headless chicken Kyle Walker over him is the height of stupidity.
    No, it's fantastic.

He doesn't get injured and an opponents player gets to play an extra game.

Win/win:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Jonas Hector's representatives have apparently said Liverpool and Spurs are interested. Sadly, they said this to Barcelona, who are after competition for Alba.

Wasnt impressed by Hector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

J Mysterio wrote: »

Really ? Thought he was fantastic all tournament for germany

J Mysterio wrote: »

I doubt we'd get him anyway. If he was 22 I reckon we'd go all out, but at 26 he wouldn't have the resale value, frankly. Unfortunately that's what they'll be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

It's paper talk. Pure clickbait.

Klopp = German. Media logic = find German players to link us to to to generate clicks.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Really ? Thought he was fantastic all tournament for germany

Aye. Extra time against Italy was the only time he wobbled, for me. Which is forgivable, all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The only thing with Hector was that his final ball wasn't great, he got into some great positions but the delivery was poor.

Having said that I'd happily take him if it meant Moreno getting his 'comics'.

kfallon wrote: »
    The only thing with Hector was that his final ball wasn't great, he got into some great positions but the delivery was poor.

Wait a minute...

alberto-moreno-of-liverpool-shrugs-his-shoulders-during-the-capital-picture-id512862834

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Wait a minute...

Hector can defend tho and also, another thing he has over Moreno is that there has actually been some brain cells detected in Hector's head!

kfallon wrote: »
    Hector can defend tho and also, another thing he has over Moreno is that there has actually been some brain cells detected in Hector's head!

Get you a man who can do both

chilwell-arsenal.jpg

Hector is only 2 years older than Moreno and is miles and miles ahead of him as a LB. As a backup Moreno's ok, if he is a starter for us next season we'll win nothing unless Klopp can work some serious magic on him. LB should be a position we can strengthen without a big fee. We dont need the next Roberto Carlos, just a steady solid player who can contribute to attacking play and not lose his mind every 20 mins. Maybe they are hard to find......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3686516/Jordon-Ibe-packs-bags-leaves-Liverpool-FC-base-Melwood-Porsche-ahead-sealing-15m-transfer-Bournemouth.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Ibe looks to be moving. Good move all round for Ibe,Liverpool(with Buy Back & Sell On Clauses) & Bournemouth. I think he will do well under Howe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's great to not have to think about RB as a problem anymore, if we did sign someone like Hector that'd be us sorted for 4 or 5 years minimum.

Howe likes work ethic and pressing, I'm not sure Ibe will fit in with his attitude towards the end of the season. One of the worst players in the pressing stats last season, hence why Klopp got rid.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Here's one for Harry to watch and give glowing reports about ;)
    Liverpool have taken Ecuadorian Mauricio Quinonez on trial, according to the South American's club.

The 16-year-old is currently plying his trade for Independiente del Valle and he has come to the attention of Liverpool scouts after impressing in youth tournaments for Ecuador.

Liverpool have now invited Quinonez to link up with Liverpool for training so that the club's coaching staff can watch him more closely.

Central defender Quinonez will initially join Liverpool's Under 21s at their preseason training camp in Germany and he will spend 12 days training with the Premier League side.

If Quinonez impresses during his trial stint with Liverpool he could be offered a move to Anfield with the teenager regarded as one of the best young prospects in Ecuador.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2911808/liverpool-take-teenage-defender-mauricio-quinonez-on-trial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Saw in playing in the U20 South American Championship and Juventud de América last year so I did. :p

Sheyi Ojo just forced an OG from France in the U19 Euros after 3 minutes, playing on the right wing.

Ojo sets up Solanke for the second 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Hopefully Ojo progresses in the manner that most thought Ibe would.

Loan spell probably on the cards for the young lad, it would do him no harm.

Maybe Rodgers might take him up to Glasgow.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Hopefully Ojo progresses in the manner that most thought Ibe would.

Loan spell probably on the cards for the young lad, it would do him no harm.

Hope not, Ojo is too good to be hacked about by those SPL johnnies. Keep him in the seniors esp the Cups plus lets him play U21s as and when.

Rossiter of that SLP is also playing as the DM but having a rather less impressive game.

Hope not, Ojo is too good to be hacked about by those SPL johnnies. Keep him in the seniors esp the Cups plus lets him play U21s as and when.

Rossiter of that SLP is also playing as the DM but having a rather less impressive game.

I'd definitely like him to get a loan somewhere, maybe not the SPL, I only really suggested Celtic as I'm watching their CL qualifier. But yeah I think his appearances will be limited with the arrival of Mane and also having Markovic back at the club.

Talk of Markovic being sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Link?

A spell at Wing back will really help his development :P

NukaCola wrote: »
    A spell at Wing back will really help his development :P

Does him no harm at all.

Wing back on a cold, wet and windy night in Inverness would make a man of him.

gafferino wrote: »
    Link?

Oh it was nothing too strong, just in the list of 15 players that Klopp would probably sell or release published by the Echo. It was all the names you'd expect to see plus Markovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

watching Celtic. Should be 2-0 to Lincoln part timers from Gibraltar. Incredibly bad first game for Rodgers so far. Not sure why Roberts is sub either.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. The squad needs to be well trimmed (says Klopp himself) and Markovic would be well down the pecking order in terms of attackers I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

5starpool wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. The squad needs to be well trimmed (says Klopp himself) and Markovic would be well down the pecking order in terms of attackers I'd imagine.
    If he was played in his right position you might change your mind very quickly about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Looks like BR still can't do it in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

MD1990 wrote: »
    watching Celtic. Should be 2-0 to Lincoln part timers from Gibraltar. Incredibly bad first game for Rodgers so far. Not sure why Roberts is sub either.

Incredibad. Finished 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nearly gone by the looks of it.

CnL_etyWEAA0a-b.jpg

That's another 20m in the kitty today - now lets buy a left back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Looks like BR still can't do it in Europe

Didn't take him long to oversee what is probably the most embarrassing defeat in Celtic's history.

I'd definitely like him to get a loan somewhere, maybe not the SPL, I only really suggested Celtic as I'm watching their CL qualifier. But yeah I think his appearances will be limited with the arrival of Mane and also having Markovic back at the club.

Having just seen the result, Ojo could yet be a season saver for Rodgers! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I'm all for him moving on but let's not forget that he was a player that gave his all for us, he never shirked his responsibilities and can never be accused of hiding on the pitch, I believe he gave us the best he could in the shirt. He's been a great servant to the club and I wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ENERBAHCE .

He had one job.
    Same olde Skrtel then ..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement