Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

NukaCola wrote: »
    Grujic running the middle

He just hit the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mané's pace is something we have missed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Can see mane creating lots of goals this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Grujic looks comfortable on the ball with a range of passing despite the pants opposition

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Doodoo wrote: »
    Can see mane creating lots of goals this season.

Mane Mane he's our Man-e, if he can't do it, no one (Emre) Can.

Back on Boards after nearly a year out and that's the best I could do with my comeback and first post... see ye again in a year I suppose, sorry.

Here's to Danny Ings' return being better than my Balotelli-like attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

ERG89 wrote: »
    Grujic looks comfortable on the ball with a range of passing despite the pants opposition

He looks like he's playing against children. He has freak size but also looks to be fairly agile. I reckon he can be the next Igor Biscan. Champions League medal on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He looks like he's playing against children. He has freak size but also looks to be fairly agile. I reckon he can be the next Igor Biscan. Champions League medal on the way.

He's enormous, and not in a weedy Crouch way. Will be interesting to see if he gets a starting place for league games.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Woodburn was so happy to score there, fair play by him. Lovely ball by Lucas in the build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

woodburn and kent impressive so far in 2nd half,wholesale changes from first

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lucas scores! Not even a smile though. Firmino did really well in the build up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Lucas is Boss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ejaria looks pretty boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

That was coming from lucas been threatening for a while. A good while about 10 years. 4 -0 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Boss has scored I expect him to leave now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

martyos121 wrote: »
    That's my hopes for the season dashed now.
    The Boss has scored I expect him to leave now :)
    There didn't seem to be any joy in scoring for him:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FT Fleetwood Town 0 - 5 Liverpool

Great game for Liverpool, first half was the Marko Grujic show, 6'3" mix of power and football friendly feet, very promising debut, Mane again caught the eye with his pace.
    In the second half Kent, Woodburn, Ejaria in particular impressed and Lucas scored so the world may end tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Our year lads

Our year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Some of the young lads very impressive. Not sure any of them will play much this season apart from Grujic but they have time on their side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Woodburn looks a talent. Clever movement and some great touches. If he keeps it up he could be the next Sean Dundee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Woodburn looks a talent. Clever movement and some great touches. If he keeps it up he could be the next Sean Dundee.
    #neverforgotten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

#neverforgotten

#orremembered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mane was impressive. Markovic is talented but looks like he doesn't want to be at Liverpool or maybe he is low on confidence. Whatever it is he needs to be more direct.

Liverpool keeper Loris Karius reveals Jurgen Klopp persuaded him to miss Olympics for Reds

The Germany U21 international was guaranteed a starting place in his country's Olympics team for the football tournament in Brazil

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-keeper-loris-karius-reveals-8415166

NukaCola wrote: »
    #orremembered

Sean Dundee was one of our forgotten heroes. He starred in 3 games for us, two in the late 80's and one in the early 00s. I remember his debut in 1986 and the story of how we signed him. It was an adventure/comedy. A Liverpool reporter headed to Australia to interview the living legend Sean Dundee. When she finally locates him, she is so taken with him that she brings him back with her to Liverpool. In Liverpool, Sean Dundee is amazed by the wonders of the city and the interesting people there. There was something to do with crocodiles too which surpasses me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Maybe it's just me and some bias playing a part, but Brad Smith has looked a better player than Moreno pretty much every time I've seen him the last twelve months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopps review of the game - 3 out of 5 at most I'd say!
    I take a few good things from the game. We have to work, but I saw a few good things. There were good individual performances. But I said at half time that I was not happy with the team play because I thought we could have done better. In a game like this, if the only good situations you have are because of the individual quality then something is wrong. We scored the goals in the second half because of nice passes, nice runs, easy passes. That is how football should work.

I really do like the black jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Aragon outta that with your football player puns, we were doing Spanish regions word plays not players in Spain.

You caught me, couldn't think of anything else so just took the easy option :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 aido1603

I would like to see Ejaria and Kent play some cup games this season, although it was against two muck teams they looked very promising in both games

• Registered Users Posts: 43 aido1603

I would like to see Ejaria and Kent play some cup games this season, although it was against two muck teams they looked very promising in both games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have to be careful not to put too much expectation on Grujic after one preseason game against a League Two side, but he's probably better than Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Knex. wrote: »
    Have to be careful not to put too much expectation on Grujic after one preseason game against a League Two side, but he's probably better than Pogba.

Probably?

PROBABLY?

Some fans on here. No f*cking support.

DEFINITELY.

He still has a long way to go to be better than Joe Allen though.

Anybody got any idea why Lucas was so disgruntled after he scored ?

Also why did Ray Houghton spend the whole match referring to Mane as Marney ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Also why did Ray Houghton spend the whole match referring to Mane as Marney ?

Will someone sit him down too and tell him its FIRMINO not FIRMINHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »

League two is a level above Serie A.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If I remember rightly Lucas scored in a few pre-seasons and never celebrated, i could be wrong tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lucas was probably upset at Ray Houghton having an accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I thought they played well last night. Was good to see them playing the ball around quickly even from the keeper out. They did play a few risky passes around the CB's which against better competition would have been suicidal but against fleetwood it didnt really matter. Grujic looks to be a possible beast. He is massive. Bad peno miss though for ings. Anyway its looks like progress to me even if its only a friendly. Hopefully Firmino can keep up the goals in the reg season. Mane looks fast and dangerous. Matip is tall as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Do you celebrate after you score up at 5 a side? It was a friendly against a woeful team, nothing to get excited about. Only thing I would take out of last night is from a fitness perspective, that's it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Missed the game last night where is the best bet for a replay or extended highlights?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Missed the game last night where is the best bet for a replay or extended highlights?

Video posted a page or so back.

kfallon wrote: »
    Do you celebrate after you score up at 5 a side?

Too bloody right I do I celebrate every goal I score like it's the winner in a World Cup Final.

Just to rub it in ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lucas scored in a pre season game against a League 2 side. He's a bit more grounded to probably start celebrating a goal in that circumstance as a fully seasoned pro.
    I'd much rather prefer to see this than a player running to the side line in a training match jumping around after a scoring a non relevant goal

Are we a club that lives by the standards and expectations set by our heroes a la Gerrard/Dalglish/etc... or not?!

I seem to remember a quote from one club legend with the name of Mario Balotelli that went something like; "When I score, I don't celebrate because it's my job. When a postman delivers letters, does he celebrate?".

There's your answer on the Lucas reaction to scoring yesterday folks, it's as simple as that.

That said I had more post on my hall floor this morning than Balotelli has Liverpool goals. One of them being an Apache pizza menu, which will serve me better than he did my club.

I wouldn't celebrate a goal in a preseason friendly. I didn't ask why did he not celebrate.

He positively looked angry and píssed off. He looked to be muttering and mumbling a lot of fúcks and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I wouldn't celebrate a goal in a preseason friendly. I didn't ask why did he not celebrate.

He positively looked angry and píssed off. He looked to be muttering and mumbling a lot of fúcks and the like.

I was wondering the same thing at the time, but he seemed in good form in the post game interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Maybe was watching Grujic and realised he'd seen a near future at the club that involved a good deal of splinter-collection in the buttock area?

corwill wrote: »
    Maybe was watching Grujic and realised he'd seen a near future at the club that involved a good deal of splinter-collection in the buttock area?

I wouldnt be worried about lucas having a place in the team this year, he can fill in at CB aswell as in the middle and if Joe is gone then he will get plenty of game time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement