Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is Stephen Caulker still around??

He'd be a better option than any of those listed above :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

GBX wrote: »
    No way we are in for those players? They must have just gathered a list of who is available.

Drop Lucas back for a few games till the lads are back.

I think it's more of a "who might be available on a short term deal" since they'll be 4th (or even 5th) choice when Sakho and Gomez recover.

And, tbf, last time we had this sort of situation, we signed Steven f*cking Caulker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is Stephen Caulker still around??

He'd be a better option than any of those listed above :eek:

Think he was left go a few weeks back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Drop Lucas back or give Wisdom a go maybe?

Probably not even a point in signing Kolo back if its only for a few weeks into the new season Sakho and Joe are out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Really worried on the CB situation, cant really say much about Matip as I haven't watched him play. But our only fit & available CB is Lovren.

With Kolo & Skrtel gone surely Klopp will have to dip his toe in the CB market, but who? I thought that Polish lad Glik was very good in the Euro's, is he still available, playing with Torino last I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

rob316 wrote: »
    Drop Lucas back or give Wisdom a go maybe?

Probably not even a point in signing Kolo back if its only for a few weeks into the new season Sakho and Joe are out.

I would definitely call Kolo back. Would make a lot of sense. Either than or a loan move till January. Don't see us needing to buy a CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Should never have left Kolo go. Unless he left because he wanted more game time we should have offered him another year. Very poor decision imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Really worried on the CB situation, cant really say much about Matip as I haven't watched him play. But our only fit & available CB is Lovren.

With Kolo & Skrtel gone surely Klopp will have to dip his toe in the CB market, but who? I thought that Polish lad Glik was very good in the Euro's, is he still available, playing with Torino last I heard

Glik joined Monaco afaik. Shame, because he is an excellent CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Unless he left because he wanted more game time we should have offered him another year.

I was under the impression that was precisely the issue. Wasn't there talk of Kolo being offered a coaching role?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Should never have left Kolo go. Unless he left because he wanted more game time we should have offered him another year. Very poor decision imo.

Yep he was happy to be 4th or 5th choice without rocking the boat. Settled in the area with his family and when called upon very reliable. Made no sense to shift him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Glik joined Monaco afaik. Shame, because he is an excellent CB.

Ye your right, just googled it there. €11m, plus €4m add ons. That's a bargain in today's market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Didn't Kolo turn down the offer of player coach because wasn't happy being a bit part player and wanted more game time.

Well if that's true not much the club could do about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I genuinely think Lucas could make a proper and successful transition to CB. His one big disadvantage for the PL is he is not too tall but he's actually quite good in the air relative to his size due to good positioning and timing. For example contrast his aerial duels with Can who despite being a big beast is all over the shop under a high ball.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They must really think Ilori is awful if they aren't considering keeping him around in case he is needed, same for Wisdom. I'd imagine they are trying their best to get rid of both of them.

Lucas and Can in a pinch if there were 2 further injuties would surely be enough cover without getting in someone old and available on a short term deal for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Still in shock that we are likely going to go into the season with Moreno as our first choice LB. Honestly thought Klopp would chase him out of the club. I mean how many clangers can one defender make and still get selected every week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I wouldn't panic over the cb. Lucas and Can can cover if really stuck.

Not worth while bringing in someone unless they are van upgrade in lovren/sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

We should play a back 3 with Grujic in the Beckenbauer role...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    They must really think Ilori is awful if they aren't considering keeping him around in case he is needed, same for Wisdom. I'd imagine they are trying their best to get rid of both of them.

Lucas and Can in a pinch if there were 2 further injuties would surely be enough cover without getting in someone old and available on a short term deal for a reason.

Wasn't it mentioned yesterday that Ilori was injured and would miss the start of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Kante to chelski €36m

Bargain.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Wasn't it mentioned yesterday that Ilori was injured and would miss the start of the season?
    No, he's off to the Olympics with Portugal.

• Advertisement

Kante to chelski 36m

Bargain.
    Probably, but you have to remember he's 25 and has only 1 season of top flight under his belt (yes, he played Ligue 1 but not ad a top club). This might be a purple patch for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Good news on Gomez. It's not a rupture. I imagine he still could be out for a few months though.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BH4g83YDrB-/?taken-by=joegomez5&hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dickerty wrote: »

Take it easy there, the lad is only in long pants and has had one game (against Fleetwood Town).

Probably, but you have to remember he's 25 and has only 1 season of top flight under his belt (yes, he played Ligue 1 but not ad a top club). This might be a purple patch for him.

A bargain compared to his international teammate at 100 million plus after 0 seasons in a top league.

J Mysterio wrote: »

Take it easy there, the lad is only in long pants and has had one game (against Fleetwood Town).
    I know I know, just waxing lyrical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can can play CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Can can play CB

I prefer him at right back, more comical there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would have loved Kante for €36m, he is like a dog breaking up play around his own box and plays very intelligent balls through the midfield.

• Advertisement

Seems that both Gomez and Sakho have the same injury.

I wonder how soon it will before Klopp is blamed like he was for all the hamstring injuries last season.

Seems that both Gomez and Sakho have the same injury.

I wonder how soon it will before Klopp is blamed like he was for all the hamstring injuries last season.

"Paging "Dr" Verheijen, a shameless, self-publicising c*nt is required in the thread, stat."

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Trent Alexander Arnold is another in your face religious type it seems. His Twitter profile has 'God is good' in a prominent place. If he was talking about Fowler then he is underestimating how good he was, but I sadly doubt it.

Lets hope his God doesn't curse him with an injury plagued career like one of his team mates that is always praising his God.

God injured Trent, but Trent laughed and threw his hat at God.

*Bang*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shake your moneymakers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnUb35yWYAAwty_.jpg

Melissa Reddy in goal.com (I know) saying Klopp is looking to Germany for a defender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    God injured Trent, but Trent laughed and threw his hat at God.

*Bang*

**** off Trent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

His Twitter profile has 'God is good' in a prominent place.

This is actually something that fans see as an issue?

Are we sure that the Skrtel deal is done no backing out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

8-10 wrote: »
    This is actually something that fans see as an issue?

Yes, he's a footballer and his religious views should be kept private. Same as they do with political opinions, sexual orientation an other viewpoints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Yup thank fcuk. No details but fee is around £5 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

cropped_content_fenerbahcenin-yeni-tranferi-martin-skrtel-istanbulda_2HarZ6DFMKBt5LR.jpg

Martin Skrtel completes transfer to Fenerbahce

Yup thank fcuk. No details but fee is around £5 million.
    Talisman wrote: »

Skrtel moves to Turkey and there is a military coup the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, he's a footballer and his religious views should be kept private. Same as they do with political opinions, sexual orientation an other viewpoints.

What the fup are you on about? If he has a strong belief in God then he has every right to voice that should he choose to, same goes for sexual orientation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

What the fup are you on about? If he has a strong belief in God then he has every right to voice that should he choose to, same goes for sexual orientation.

He certainly would have no right to voice if it is discriminatory beliefs. He's an employee of the club and i'm sure its in his contract that he's not to bring the club into disrepute. Its easier for players if they just keep their social media accounts as cookie cutter as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    He certainly would have no right to voice if it is discriminatory beliefs. He's an employee of the club and i'm sure its in his contract that he's not to bring the club into disrepute. Its easier for players if they just keep their social media accounts as cookie cutter as possible.

How can his sexual orientation be considered discriminatory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I wonder of the couping military are really disgruntled Fenerbache fans.

God knows Turkey needs a good Skrteling.

Skrtel moves to Turkey and there is a military coup the next day.

Skrtel would ruin any defence (forces)...

Chief_of_Staff_Martin_Skrtel.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hahaha. Thread's gone mental again. Love it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement