Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

How can his sexual orientation be considered discriminatory?

He's talking about views on sexual orientation.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

8-10 wrote: »
    This is actually something that fans see as an issue?

It annoys the f*ck out of me personally, I can't speak for anyone else. The fact that half the planet still believes that rubbish in this day and age in general does, but that's a different matter. He has every right to praise whatever he wants same as I can say how much it all irritates me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What the fup are you on about? If he has a strong belief in God then he has every right to voice that should he choose to, same goes for sexual orientation.

I think sports people should just focus on their sport and keep those opinions to themselves.

If they think that God is helping them score goals but doesn't help a goalkeeper save it, is bizzare.

Same as Katie Taylor thinking that this God cares about boxing is totally stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

All that God shyte is one of the reasons I could never really take to Sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think sports people should just focus on their sport and keep those opinions to themselves.

If they think that God is helping them score goals but doesn't help a goalkeeper save it is bizzare.

Same as Katie Taylor think that this God cares about boxing is totally stupid.
    Everyone knows God is an MMA fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

corwill wrote: »
    Skrtel moves to Turkey and there is a military coup the next day.

Skrtel would ruin any defence (forces)...

If the man can walk into burger king and leave with a big Mac anything is possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

murpho999 wrote: »

If they think that God is helping them score goals but doesn't help a goalkeeper save it is bizzare.

Same as Katie Taylor think that this God cares about boxing is totally stupid.

I couldn't give a flying **** about who the likes of Sturridge give "thanks to" as long as they do the job.

Leave them at it is my opinion, life is miserable enough without getting worked up about how someone celebrates a goal or thanks god in a Facebook post after a match winning performance.

At the end of the day, if it helps them, then sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I couldn't give a flying **** about who the likes of Sturridge give "thanks to" as long as they do the job.

Leave them at it is my opinion, life is miserable enough without getting worked up about how someone celebrates a goal or thanks god in a Facebook post after a match winning performance.

At the end of the day, if it helps them, then sound.

What about if it hinders them? Is it still ok then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

mormank wrote: »
    What about if it hinders them? Is it still ok then?

Well obviously that would be an issue....that's why I said if?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ziekinski is off to milan.

Wonder who we will go for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Dahoud looks to be staying at Gladbach. Kapustka was very good for Poland & only 19 so maybe we might target him.

Reckon it be someone unknown on the cheap.

The fsg way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ricero wrote: »

The fsg way

Clasie or Ward-Prowse it is then. This one is free with the loyalty card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Well obviously that would be an issue....that's why I said if?

Yup just re-read your post and you did say "if" but only in the context of if it helps them its fine by you. I asked is it ok if it hinders them not is it ok if it helps them, so no that's not why you said if at all.

Anyways new question. What if it hinders them but only in a very small almost unnoticeable way? What if it hinders them from time to time, like a few times a season?

It is almost impossible to quantify how much a futile religious belief can effect a person but one thing is for sure, any benefits gleaned from it are purely a placebo with no real gain whereas the negative effects of religion, when felt, are as real as you or I. Religion has no place in sport, as unavoidable as it is presently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The fsg way

If anything the FSG way is spend big sums on average players.

Do you think Klopp would sign a long term contract if he was forced to buy unknown and cheap players?

Its 100% the way he wants to build his squad.

• Advertisement

Klopp is in control of transfers I thought?

Let him build the team he wants. He knows what he's doing. Already shipping out the **** in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mormank wrote: »
    It is almost impossible to quantify how much a futile religious belief can effect a person but one thing is for sure, any benefits gleaned from it are purely a placebo with no real gain whereas the negative effects of religion, when felt, are as real as you or I. Religion has no place in sport, as unavoidable as it is presently.

Reading over the thread it seems a lot of people think that sports people only believe in their God because they believe he/she/them rewards them by being good at sport. I'd argue thats a bit simplistic and the majority of sports peoples beliefs aren't as shallow. Maybe they are, I'm not an athlete or religious so I'm just speculating.

I am not religious . But criticizing some players because they are religious is poor. I wouldn't call thanking God being an in your face type either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

If I was getting paid 50 grand a week to play a children's game then I'd probably believe there's a God too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

I find it amusing that the so called rational thinking atheists would get so worked up about a young man believing in God. I don't believe in God but it's definitely not a negative if you do. Frankly some atheists are worse than Bible bashers in the condescending manner they go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ziekinski is off to milan.

Wonder who we will go for now

I'd go for Wijnaldum

Fsg if klopp wants the player they should pay it. By sounds of it we wouldnt bid the extra 2 or 3 million for both chilwell and zielinski

Liverpool are in contact with Barcelona's Jérémy Mathieu, according to Florian Fieschi

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/754284555553665024

Can play LB/CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Oh sweet christ no... just no... no no no no no no no no no no no...

An analysis of Liverpoll last season, heavy on stats and love for Rick Grimes in this piece.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/07/15/tactical-analysis-jurgen-klopps-liverpool/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mathieu is a bit of a fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We don't need any more players.

Not just for the sake of it.

Our squad is plenty big enough and players like Zielinski weren't going to contribute anything anyway.

Moving further down the pecking order just for the sake of it seems pointless.

Better hold until the market changes and we can really get in behind a proper target that we believe in like Dahoud or some other top class up and coming lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Liverpool are in contact with Barcelona's Jérémy Mathieu, according to Florian Fieschi

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/754284555553665024

Can play LB/CB

There's a little mental puzzle to exercise the noggin for the rest of the day - think of a worse player to take the field for Barca.

France prefer feckin' Rami to him, ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone got Kolo's phone number - I mean his actual number not his car dealing one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just noticed United are playing Wigan. We're playing them tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Damn I'll miss that one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mathieu? God no, he's one of the worst players ive seen in a Barca jersey. Vermalen who will be injured the whole time would be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rob316 wrote: »
    Mathieu? God no, he's one of the worst players ive seen in a Barca jersey. Vermalen who will be injured the whole time would be a better option.

Both are awful options, one prone to errors and the other to injury.
    Did the club not have a back up if Sakho was convicted?
    Where in the hell is our new left back too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Feck it.. Just throw 80 million at Swansea for Williams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

corwill wrote: »
    There's a little mental puzzle to exercise the noggin for the rest of the day - think of a worse player to take the field for Barca.

France prefer feckin' Rami to him, ffs.

he's by no means the worst player to play for Barcelona in the past few years, but he'd be up there...

Decent in the air, but very slow and a bit dozy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Feck it.. Just throw 80 million at Swansea for Williams.

Might kill a rival or two for us with his trademark ball-to-the-head. Good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Looks like gotze was trying to use LFC as a backup option and Klopp saw right through it. That's according to Chris bascombe in the mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I find it amusing that the so called rational thinking atheists would get so worked up about a young man believing in God. I don't believe in God but it's definitely not a negative if you do. Frankly some atheists are worse than Bible bashers in the condescending manner they go on.

I'm an atheist and very happy with it. I don't care if other people are religious but think they should keep it to themselves, especially public figures like footballers.

Also, why do you interpret someone expressing an opinion about something as someone being worked up about it? Entirely possible to dislike something but be very calm about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

Unless Liverpool have actually made an offer for Jesus, does it really matter who believes in what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Unless Liverpool have actually made an offer for Jesus, does it really matter who believes in what?

No thanks - we need someone who can deal with crosses...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We could have done with signing Buddha as a goalkeeper last season.

The new keepers Missus.

Annelie-Alpert-teaser.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No thanks - we need someone who can deal with crosses...

4Cc8qen.jpg

The new keepers Missus.

Annelie-Alpert-teaser.png

Bit scrawny to be a keepers' keeper

Why Joe Allen was so effective in the second half of the campaign esp in the Europa League

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/07/15/tactical-analysis-jurgen-klopps-liverpool/

Individual-counterpressing-contributions-1.png?0d6846

• Advertisement

I think we all knew about Joe but damm Stewart's stat is impressive if I'm reading that graph right.

Don't think Karius is going to have many clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It's the least I expected from that handsome devil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's the least I expected from that handsome devil.

So we've gone from turning down Jesus to signing the devil in one page. Excellent. At least we know where our priorities lie...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Why Joe Allen was so effective in the second half of the campaign esp in the Europa League

That's a brilliant article well worth the read,

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement