Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

corwill wrote: »
    "Paging "Dr" Verheijen, a shameless, self-publicising c*nt is required in the thread, stat."

Surprised it took as long as 3 days - http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-wales-coach-raymond-verheijen-11629298

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ojo with his third "assist" of the Euro U19s today (two in the first game), he is played as a winger but I think he's better inside myself.

Sergi would feel betrayed so he would.

New number for Sakho.

thumb_23614_default_news_size_5.jpeg

For anyone that bought a 2016-17 jersey already with Sakho on the back with his old number, he's offered to have them sent to the club where he'll sign each and every one of them and posted back out to make up for it. Legend.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Sergi would feel betrayed so he would.

Harry's a slaaaaaaaag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully the captain's armband to go along with the number as well.

New number for Sakho.

For anyone that bought a 2016-17 jersey already with Sakho on the back with his old number, he's offered to have them sent to the club where he'll sign each and every one of them and posted back out to make up for it. Legend.

Both are magic numbers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

New number for Sakho.

I would go out and get his old number on a shirt just to avail of his kind offer :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I would go out and get his old number on a shirt just to avail of his kind offer :P

I was just pricing them myself haha. Think I might actually go through with it, only signed jersey I have is from Kuyt, to have a Sakho one as well would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think he would be a good signing. Just because he played in a bad team does not mean he's a bad player.

We do seem to continue the trend of signing players who've scored against us though.

He scored 11 Goals in 38 Appearances for Newcastle last season. I was very impressed with him and Sissoko any time I seen them play.

Happy enough with the signing but £20m is a bit excessive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was just pricing them myself haha. Think I might actually go through with it, only signed jersey I have is from Kuyt, to have a Sakho one as well would be great.

Actually if you find some at reasonable price let me know, might get one for my young lad. It would be both our first LFC signed shirts so would be nice to have that for us :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

New number for Sakho.

He will check the order and postage date, and you will only receive his IRE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

He cost Newcastle 14.5M a year ago. He played every league game, scored 11 goals, and assisted 5. There not going to let him go at a loss. So 20M, while it seems steep, is probably the minimum fee they would consider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Actually if you find some at reasonable price let me know, might get one for my young lad. It would be both our first LFC signed shirts so would be nice to have that for us :)

SportsDirect have the junior jersey at €58 with Sakho 17 on the back.

It's £63 on the official site but they've already switched from 17 to 3

70 quid with name and number on Sportsdirect, cheapest I could find, that's not including delivery. Has to be the new shirt with his old number, they won't take any other ones. Still, around 75 for a shirt signed by Sakho is still a bargain to me.

Sports Direct are 53.99 for this seasons jersey and if you personalise it the old number etc for sakho is there and its 69.99 printed.

One more thing to note is that you have to provide a return envelope with pre-paid postage when you send the shirt off, anyone know roughly the cost of that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

And I was chastised last week for suggesting I'd get a new jersey with a name + number on the back! Sakho was one of my options too!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100356048&postcount=7573

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Looks like the Wijnaldum deal is happening, sources in the north say he is expected on Merseyside to finalize a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

So looks like Wijnaldum could be happening. Ben Smith reporting it now. To be honest I think it would be a great signing. I know a few of my friends are less than impressed though!

https://twitter.com/BSmith/status/754947234807054336

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He cost Newcastle 14.5M a year ago. He played every league game, scored 11 goals, and assisted 5. There not going to let him go at a loss. So 20M, while it seems steep, is probably the minimum fee they would consider.

And when you have a 30m offer turned down for Deeney £20m isn't that much in fairness.

Two or three years ago that £20m would have been about £10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

One thing to note is that Wijnaldum scored 4 in one game. Kinda pads out the stats a bit, although its obviously impressive in its own right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gbear wrote: »
    One thing to note is that Wijnaldum scored 4 in one game. Kinda pads out the stats a bit, although its obviously impressive in its own right.

Sure they used to say the same about Suarez, scores most his goals against Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I like him as a player but is he any better than what we already have. If we had European football the signing would make sense but unless coutinho or firmino are being sold I don't see the point in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Suarez was guilty of padding out his stats v Norwich every year!

I think he's a very good overall attacking player, to add to Firmino, Man , Coutinho, Ings, Sturridge, Origi who can all play in 2/3 positions. Gives us great cover for form and injuries, and keeps the opposition guessing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sakho is just the latest in a long line of outstanding number 3's at Liverpool, David Burrows, Julian Dicks, Bjorn Tore Kvarme, Abel Xavier, José Enrique and Paul Konchesky....hopefully he can do the jersey proud like these guys :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

My phone is going to have a sh1t fit when I try and type that name into predictive text!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

My phone is going to have a sh1t fit when I try and type that name into predictive text!

Let us be glad Mane was signed rather than Błaszczykowski

Let us be glad Mane was signed rather than Błaszczykowski
    Or Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, you would want one of Razor Ruddocks jerseys to get that name on.

Or Kerrigooneys Liverpool jersey:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I love these mad Klopp signings, like he's on to something we're not.

Cant wait for us to win the league in October :D

• Advertisement

Just looking at the reddit for Ragnar Klavan and those who know him from playing for Augsburg, Estonia and the Eredivisie all seem to rate him.

Klopp speaking to a German publication, with clunky translation
    “We do not look at the price tag and say ‘from 50 million is good’. We look at who we can use and who really wants to help us. If we find the players do not want to really - then we also do not fight long.
    ..For a good player there are two options: either go to the currently most successful club and then ride the wave. Or you go to a really big club like Liverpool and say: ‘This I do now something very special’.

“If the players know what is happening here...they would beat a path to our door. Anyone who has played four good games here, may live long eat free here. The city is completely insane in dealing with their former players.
    :D I think I know what he's getting at.
    He added: “They (the owners) approached me, I was a little surprised. Then I asked myself: ‘What do I want, where would I want more out of my life’? The answer was clear: Preferably I would be where I am.

“Also, I’ve noticed over the years that I am the opposite of a firefighter. I like to develop things, I like it, to improve the structures - ideally by consensus. And that’s pretty much exactly what Liverpool needs. So we have come together.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

emmetkenny wrote: »
    And when you have a 30m offer turned down for Deeney £20m isn't that much in fairness.

Two or three years ago that £20m would have been about £10m.

I'm always being told 30 is the new 20...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

corwill wrote: »

Dude has become a caricature of himself. Tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Ragnar Klavan played in Tallinn in Estonia 0 Ireland 4 playoff game.
    Never thought that night that Liverpool would be signing one of their defenders.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just looking at the reddit for Ragnar Klavan and those who know him from playing for Augsburg, Estonia and the Eredivisie all seem to rate him.

Better than signing Mathieu or Vermaelen anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

From what I've been reading about Ragnar, he can play both CB and LB and he's pretty good bringing the ball out from the back. I wonder if Klopp is considering him as competition for Moreno as well as CB cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

15mil for Ibe - 20mil for Wijnaldum

That is a great piece of business when you look at it like that. What's also better is that he is not a player new to the Premier League and like Firmino, you'd be hoping / expecting a bit more now going into their second season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we sign Wijnaldum it'll be more like 25m I'd imagine. If he can produce for us though we won't complain. I really think it'll mean that Lallana will be more marginalised than he'd like, but he is a player that Klopp seems to relaly like so we'll see I guess. Interesting anyhow to see.

Lallana can have no complaints, he played lots & lots of games under Klopp so if Klopp reckons it's benchtime for him when the new recruits land than so be it.

Having Lallana on the bench is no bad thing for us.

Augeo wrote: »
    Lallana can have no complaints, he played lots & lots of games under Klopp so if Klopp reckons it's benchtime for him when the new recruits land than so be it.

He's already on the bench.

Sturridge
    Coutinho - Mane - Firmino
    Can---Hendo

Is our current strongest front 6 and that won't change with Wijnaldum coming in.

We're in a difficult position transfer-wise.

We have a huge squad for the number of games, so we don't need cover, none of our options for the front 4 positions are good enough at scoring except maybe Firmino and yet, it'd be really difficult to get anyone better in.

Different roles are being filled - Lallana for all-rounder, hard worker, etc, Mane for width and goals and Wijnaldum for goals from deep, but nobody is taking on the role of primary goalscorer unless we're gambling on Sturridge, and based on what we saw last season, Klopp doesn't even seem to fancy him in every game because he's so static and slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Not sure you'd call sturridge (?) static and slow .??

cjmc wrote: »

He has been since he came back. Nowhere near where he was 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

One thing for sure under klopp is that the journos for the most part dont have a clue whats going on.

Under brendan they seemed to know everything even the team the day or 2 before a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Origi & Ings could find it hard to get games especially if Firmino is used up front at times. Benteke & Markovic will have to be sold. Origi can also play on the wing too as can Milner & Wijnaldum if he signs. Mane adds pace to our attack. Lots of very good attacking options.

Many think we need a CM too but hopefully Henderson will be fully fit & can regain his form. Played well for England in his appearance at the World Cup too. Milner was excellent for us at the end of last season too & played well in CM too.

Karius looks likely to be #1 & I expect him to be an improvement on Mignolet & Matip is one the Bundesliga's highest rated CBs from the last few seasons. We also should be more conditioned to play the high pressing game & have recovery time for each PL game Plenty of reasons to be very optimistic about the season ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

He has been since he came back. Nowhere near where he was 2 years ago.

I suppose your right :( he didnt play much last year to see him regularly

He's already on the bench.

Sturridge
    Coutinho - Mane - Firmino
    Can---Hendo..........

To be fair I was classing him as a new recruit.
    Can't see Coutinho and Firmino lining up either side of Mane btw.

To be fair I was classing him as a new recruit.
    Can't see Coutinho and Firmino lining up either side of Mane btw.

I don't think it matters what their "position" is.
    They'll all be expected to fill in out wide, behind the striker or drop deep and carry the ball.

You're right in general though. Presumably Mane will spend more time out wide.

cjmc wrote: »

I'm praying for a recovery. He doesn't sprint anymore.

I don't like him as a lone striker, and 3 strikers is too many for that anyway, but we also have too many AMs.

I don't know how he's going to shuffle them.
    Tactically, Origi or Ings are a better fit for our squad, but neither have the goalscoring pedigree.

At least we can be fairly sure of having strong teams for the cups.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jurgen-klopp-tells-christian-benteke-8442149

'The Liverpool boss has advised them to leave and in addition to Benteke, wants to move out Lucas, Adam Bogdan, Tiago Ilori, Mario Balotelli and Lazar Markovic.' - David Anderson in the mirror - he was the one with the Ibe to Bournemouth story first I think.

Gary Medal linked in Spanish media but it's just a Tuttosportsh'itolinkscorchio mention so can be ignored I expect! :p

http://www.centraldeportes.cl/2016/07/18/fuimos-los-primero-en-decirlo-gary-medel-podria-partir-al-liverpool/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I love gary medel. Absolute tough bastard.

Rumours that newcastle want lucas as part of the deal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement