Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

Bit of a mess not scoring an away goal but as least we low we have to attack next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Three goals probably needed next week.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

1-0 is such a horrible result. So negative tonight. ****ing raging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So team Sturridge or team Benteke?

The Sturridge wankery will start soon enough but everyone knows why he was left out.

They are going to play the same way next week so I would start Benteke and play the way we did tonight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Clear mission next week, score 3 goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Doesn't give Sturridge a run in a game where an away goal is there and would be huge.
    Who will he be looking to save us next week with some goals? Sturridge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Showed them way too much respect tonight. We'll stuff them at Anfield. I'm not even the slightest bit worried tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Bs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I know we were playing in Spain but I didn't realise we got the shower of limp-dicked amateurs they call officials into the bargain.

Decent enough performance. Solid stuff from Milner, Toure, Allen and such, but at the same time they all showed why you don't want to be relying on them for your first team.

We don't have the personnel left to do anything of note without a heavy dose of luck.

Too many injuries and most of what's left is either too soft or too low in quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The Sturridge wankery will start soon enough but everyone knows why he was left out.

They are going to play the same way next week so I would start Benteke and play the way we did tonight.

You up for Villareal? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Too negative. Should have tried to nick a goal in the second half. Klopp dropped the ball here imo. Terrible call not bringing on Sturridge.

Think Liverpool will concede at least one goal in Anfield the question is, how many can they score. Tough ask but I still give us a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thats a real ****ty one.....perfect result for them, tie is not over but thats a real kick in the balls for the team.....

You'd wonder why Sturridge wasn't even brought on, but the performance was decent, a typical hard working away performance to try and keep them at 0 and get an away goal......didn't work out and that finish really punished our cagey tactics. Unfortunate, not sure we have enough strength to win by 2 clear goals at Anfield but nothing would surprise me all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ibe was a disgrace tonight. Really annoyed with him & I don't think he will make it at Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Origi is a huge loss. Earlier goal next week and we will get the job done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Im gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

WTF are you on about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Poor result. They were dangerous on the counter but they were also there to be beaten.

Ibe...... Simply does not have a footballing brain.

Pressure now to attack at home and they will be dangerous on the counter.

Will be another exciting European night at Anfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Me thinks Klopp has an issue with Sturridge and wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Didn't deserve that but there were signs those last 7 or 8 minutes. Alby was pretty solid up to that.

Not the worst result, they weren't that great barring a couple of moments and that last spell, great save by Mig, sure that was in.

Had to laugh at the commentary, Milner poor pass, "first time Milner misplaced a pass". Eh, what match you watching, he over hit 3 or 4 crosses by miles.

Unleash Sturridge second leg and I'd be confident we can do it.

Toure and Allen very good.

Was Klopp having a go at Ibe with about 20 minutes to go? Offered little, worse than useless tbh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

magma69 wrote: »
    WTF are you on about?

Don't even ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ibe was a disgrace tonight. Really annoyed with him & I don't think he will make it at Liverpool.

All he does these days is fill a shirt tbh.

Ibe was terrible. He'll not be around much longer with performances like that

K-9 wrote: »

Was Klopp having a go at Ibe with about 20 minutes to go? Offered little, worse than useless tbh.

He sure was. Gave a right bollicking for giving the ball away, again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ibe just doesn't take his chances. Huge opportunity for him tonight and he pissed it away. I'd have Ojo ahead of him every time, ya he's a bit raw but he has a brain and his decision making is miles ahead of Ibe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not to worry Ibe will be better than Sterling.

We all love Klopp but his use of subs/game management was very poor and should be questioned. And how many time where we wide, putting balls into the box with no one in there to target. Very frustrating game.

Up against it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Not to worry Ibe will be better than Sterling.
    Well atm Sterling wouldn't make our best 11 either. But would be a better impact sub of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

So pissed off with that!

Should of went of it. A goal away from home is nearly as good as 2 goals. Klopp got it wrong.

Terrible from Lucas at the end - expect more from such an experienced player! Rushing out like that & leaving us wide open.

Can easily see Villareal scoring at Anfield. So we need 3 goals! Won't get that without Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Ibe had another 45 minutes and showed absolutely nothing to say he deserves even a place on the bench. Firmino gave the ball away quiet a lot and looked poor. But damn, Lallana might as well have stayed at home, rushes around the pitch but its absolutely pointless. Once Couthino went off you knew there was no serious goal threat in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads any highlights on tonight? Was at a work thing earlier and just in home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    What a frustrating finish...

Felt it was a superb away performance tbh. People will complain about how "they were there for the taking" but they're LETHAL on the counter and we weren't gonna be committing many players forward. Not sure what Moreno was doing so far out of position at such a key moment. We didn't look threatened at all that game.

I'm surprised you're surprised. This is his major flaw - he simply does not understand when to stick and when to twist. An opposing coach surely emphasises the fact that he leaves acres at crucial points in the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Ibe was terrible. He'll not be around much longer with performances like that

An impact sub. For the opposition unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

emmetkenny wrote: »

Don't go there. Really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Easy enough now to say we should have went for it. If we had and they caught us on the counter 2 or 3 times the same people would be complaining the tie is over, and we didn't play it tight and bring it back to Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

To suggest they were there for the taking tonight, but also that they're definitely going to score at Anfield is a bit unusual. They were extremely defensive today, and now going into the second leg with a goal they will be even more so. If they really are there for the taking then we should be able to do it over 90 minutes at home.

• Advertisement

Moreno has athletic gifts. He's very fast for one. Unfortunately he has the brain of a goldfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mosstin wrote: »
    Don't go there. Really.

I'd no phone either this evening. Just heard we lost in injury time :(

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    He sure was. Gave a right bollicking for giving the ball away, again.

Ibe didn't even seem bothered.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Surely the thing to do after Phil went off was to bring Sturridge on and play Firmino a bit deeper? Ibe just gave the ball away. Such an odd move by Klopp.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    Don't go there. Really.

Was a decent match live but yeah, not much highlights. Firmino hitting the post and a few half chances.

Lallana must have been onside from that Milner ball though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

At least Captain America will cheer me up in a bit over that drab sh1t.

Easy enough now to say we should have went for it. If we had and they caught us on the counter 2 or 3 times the same people would be complaining the tie is over, and we didn't play it tight and bring it back to Anfield.

Yeah, I'd say Klopp wanted to keep a clean sheet, they had their best spell, probably only spell at the end.

Still, an away goal and it looks a lot better, Bringing on Benteke is a bit pointless, better risking it with Sturridge for 10 minutes even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

emmetkenny wrote: »

The match thread on reddit usually have a highlights link, not a great game to watch to be honest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/4gvkwb/villarreal_v_liverpool_europa_league_28apr2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

At least Allen did well, wasn't even sure he'd be picked tbh.
    Not a lot more positive to say. We tried to get lucky only to get a hard slap at the bedroom door :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

To suggest they were there for the taking tonight, but also that they're definitely going to score at Anfield is a bit unusual. They were extremely defensive today, and now going into the second leg with a goal they will be even more so. If they really are there for the taking then we should be able to do it over 90 minutes at home.

The away goal was there for the taking. The way the game was panning, the risk was greater than the reward.

As you say they play on the counter. 1-0 down going away to Anfield.. They would of having to come out!

We all know Ibe is rubbish and is not good enough to stay at Liverpool. Klopp chose to bring him on though. Klopp needs to take the blame for that when everyone knows he's not up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Fromvert wrote: »
    We all know Ibe is rubbish and is not good enough to stay at Liverpool. Klopp chose to bring him on though. Klopp needs to take the blame for that when everyone knows he's not up to it.

He was MOTM against Bournmouth 10 days ago so it's not totally out of the blue he came on but yes it's looking that he is short of talent to stay in the long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We'll do these cúnts next week, crowd be up for it, players be up for it, Klopp be up for it! Sturridge on fire, be grand!

Go to bed, don't be worrying, another great Anfield European night on the way.

He was MOTM against Bournmouth 10 days ago so it's not totally out of the blue he came on but yes it's looking that he is short of talent to stay in the long term.

It's easier to play in a nothing game. One team is safe from relegation, the other just after a huge comeback to get into the semis of the Europa League and rest their whole team. Both teams out for kick about in the sun basically.
    He's not able to perform when there's something at stake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement