Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Selling Allen for only £13M? Less than Ibe?

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The lad doesn't even have a jersey number let alone a Wikipedia page.

Woodburn just has massive potential, already looks really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

J Mysterio wrote: »

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

One year on contract...

J Mysterio wrote: »

Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

Pull the other one. That's not Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

In the words of Craig Bellamys I wish Joe Allens well. As said, came on leaps and bounds under Klopp but Klopp only saw him as a plan b and someone to bring when players were tiring of Plan A and getting overrun. Joe obviously wants to be more than that and wouldn't begrudge him that.

Just happy he hasn't lowered himself to going to Celtic, although not so happy at the prospect of him and Charlie Adams running the show against us this season.

Allen was actually one of my favourite players. Kinda gutted he's gone. Thought he would push on now under Klopp after Euro 2016. Feckin Stoke?! Ah well, good luck to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Moreno penalty king

with joe going perhaps these sissoko links are true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote: »
    Moreno penalty king

Takes them, gives em away. He's all PK's

• Advertisement

FT 2-0 Grujic and Moreno.

Well that wasn't much of a game what with injuries, drones and such like. Mane, Ejaria, Grujic and Karius all did well which is all one can ask for. The second half was a write off really even the peno was a disappointment as Shamal George should have taken it.

Lucas injury surely means he can't be sold this window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    In the words of Craig Bellamys I wish Joe Allens well. As said, came on leaps and bounds under Klopp but Klopp only saw him as a plan b and someone to bring when players were tiring of Plan A and getting overrun. Joe obviously wants to be more than that and wouldn't begrudge him that.

Just happy he hasn't lowered himself to going to Celtic, although not so happy at the prospect of him and Charlie Adams running the show against us this season.
    Going to Barca/celtic match next week, hoping for a cricket score, tbh. Glad wee Joe won't be involved in that.

That's an awful lot of change in the team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Sad to see Joe sold. He's never gotten much genuine respect from Liverpool fans, even the praise he received recently felt somewhat tinged with irony. That fking ridiculous description Rodgers labeled him was a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

SM01 wrote: »
    Personally I think he's worth £20m+ given his age and his recent flourishing under an excellent manager.

Edit: Joe that is...

Likely to be a non EU player soon, will it mean any change to so called homegrown players ,ireland being EU

Going to Barca/celtic match next week, hoping for a cricket score, tbh. Glad wee Joe won't be involved in that.

They peaked with their win in the historic Dublin Decider.

Now that Allen is gone to Stoke I am guessing United will try sign Pogba as Plan B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I bloody well hope not.

First half was decent and second half is the reason I don't usually watch friendlies...absolute arse.

Gutted Joe is leaving...I used to get scoffed at a bit when I defended him but I always enjoyed watching him play. I get why he's leaving and best of luck to him but Stoke ffs...he's better than bloody Stoke.

Milkers wrote: »
    Sad to see Joe sold. He's never gotten much genuine respect from Liverpool fans, even the praise he received recently felt somewhat tinged with irony. That fking ridiculous description Rodgers labeled him was a disaster.

Really was up against it after that. Wasn't helped when 'The Rodgers' abandoned his Phil-osh-o-phee after two weeks, which he had purposefully brought him in the be the focal point off, then couldn't figure out how to use him in a different set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Meh I don't think Joe is one we will ever be kicking ourselves for letting him go.

Was never going to be anything more than a squad player

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Meh I don't think Joe is one we will ever be kicking ourselves for letting him go.

Speak for yourself...I've kicked myself stupid since I heard. I'm covered in bruises.

Good squad players are hard to come by and Allen performed well under Klopp. Not sure what Rodgers was doing with him tbh.

Saying that, if the lads coming in are better he'll not be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

He is only 26 ,not sure about price, story earlier was that stoke made 14 million bid, maybe reporter was superstitious, bargain for stoke either way

If we buy Sissoko to replace him I'll cry. I really will.

redzerdrog wrote: »

If Klopp has brought in the right players he won't be missed.

But he offers something different to the headless chicken running of Henderson and Milner. Was great at taking to sting out of games and calming things down for the last 20-30 minutes but if we have the right players and Klopp has them juiced up enough to press for 90 minutes we shouldn't need that type of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So as it stands, our genuine centre midfield options are:

Can
    Henderson
    Lucas
    Grujic
    Stewart
    Milner (though i'd sooner see him played further forward/wide, only CM as last resort)

Ejaria has impressed, but it's a little early for him yet, maybe in a year though.

In terms of numbers, that's probably about right. 5 guys that only play CM vying for 2 starting positions, with Milner as backup for 5 different spots.

In terms of quality, it's a bit short I think. Could definitely do with another starter level guy, who I guess would be Wijnaldum based on reports (though i'd prefer an out and out top quality CM tbh). Would then expect either Lucas or Stewart to be pushed out.

• Advertisement

I'd still like us to get a left and right fullbacks we need cover for Clyne and some to push Moreno down to the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The Young goalkeeper played well up front :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1 year contract, bs . Allen would sign a 5 year deal today for a 5 year supply of shampoo and conditioner for his locks of genius .
    He's easy to please like a fat kid in an all you can eat restaurant. He was not pushing for a move '' sell me or I walk in a year'' . All he wanted was a fair crack of the whip like a bound lady at a bdsm party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sad to see Joe go, a good lad, never rocked the boat. I wish him well and its a cracking bit of business for Stoke at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm happy enough with Allen leaving, yes he has improved but he never controlled games with LFC and did lots of sideways passes.

Plenty of money coming in between, him, Ibe, Skrtel and hopefully Benteke and Ballotelli so hopefully Klopp will not miss out on his targets due to penny pinching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

1 year contract, bs . Allen would sign a 5 year deal today for a 5 year supply of shampoo and conditioner for his locks of genius .
    He's easy to please like a fat kid in an all you can eat restaurant. He was not pushing for a move '' sell me or I walk in a year'' . All he wanted was a fair crack of the whip like a bound lady at a bdsm party.

I'm sure joe would have better hair than her though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

"Terrible Joe, it's just terrible"

In all seriousness I will wish Joe and his fabulous mane well, I thought he really pushed on after BR....

YNWA Welsh Xavi Pirlo Jesus <3

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Speak for yourself...I've kicked myself stupid since I heard. I'm covered in bruises.

Didn't take much kicking I'd say

:p

5starpool wrote: »
    Didn't take much kicking I'd say

:p

:D

You're not wrong.

I'd still like us to get a left and right fullbacks we need cover for Clyne and someone to push Moreno down the well.

FYP! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Always liked Allen. Thought whenever he got a run of fitness together, his form came with it and he played quite well. Pity that for his first few years, he kept getting injured just as he got his starting place.

Sorry to see him leave as I feel he's the only midfielder we have at the moment that understands the flow of the game and has patience to control it and do the simple things well. Great man to get stuck in as well, despite his size.

Wish him the best. Shame its fecking Stoke, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

We look desperately short of a quality cm to me, Grujic has great potential by all accounts, Can is improving, Hendo needs fitness and a long run in the team, theres nothing outside of that if Lucas also leaves. Someone to control a game is what we are clearly missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We look desperately short of a quality cm to me, Grujic has great potential by all accounts, Can is improving, Hendo needs fitness and a long run in the team, theres nothing outside of that if Lucas also leaves. Someone to control a game is what we are clearly missing.

Such a shame we didn't move for Kante i think. Would have instantly changed the complexion of the team. To us, he'd have been worth even 50% more than he went for. That level of quality in cleaning up in our half and getting straight back on the counter is invaluable to a team that plays like ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Honestly, I'd nearly have been happier seeing Henderson go.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Such a shame we didn't move for Kante i think. Would have instantly changed the complexion of the team. To us, he'd have been worth even 50% more than he went for. That level of quality in cleaning up in our half and getting straight back on the counter is invaluable to a team that plays like ours.

Gutted he has gone to Chelsea for that kind of money. Was the standout player, last season, in the league.

He was like a mixture of Mascherno and Essien.

• Advertisement

Ok I believe he exists now :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Woodburn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Paul Joyce just tweeted that we have agreed a fee of 25m plus add ons for Wijnaldum. Medical now and will join the US tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Paul Joyce just tweeted that we have agreed a fee of 25m plus add ons for Wijnaldum. Medical now and will join the US tour.

Just to be pedantic, he's saying it could reach £25m with add ons, so it won't be £25m up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

SlickRic wrote:
    Just to be pedantic, he's saying it could reach £25m with add ons, so it won't be £25m up front.

My bad. It's early. Just saw the figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Pepp1989 wrote: »

Is Joyce reliable? I'm not familiar with him.

Between this and the sale of Joe Allen, I'm pretty unenthused by our business this summer. I still think our biggest asset is Klopp, so I'm not totally down in the dumps but I feel like the gap between ourselves and the top sides is as big (if not bigger) as it was in May.

And on Joe Allen, we've discussed him at length but everyone's go-to defence for the management structure is that Klopp improves players, etc. Nobody epitomised this more than Allen and Toure in the last 2 months of last season and both have been let go. I couldn't fault their effort, energy and enthusiasm - the same couldn't be said for others in the squad.

F*ck it, sign a left back and I'll be happy. Even just as an alternate option to Moreno if we have to stick with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Joe Allen improved under Klopp and still wasnt good enough. The hype over him is crazy, I can only imagine what would happen if Coutinho grew his hair out and got a stylish goatee
    He was dominated agaisnt Portugal in the semi final, just too weak and slow for the top levels of the premier league and someone we should be improving on.

Wijnaldum might not be the answer but at least provides numbers. Allen has got 4 goals in 90 games for the Liverpool. Wijnaldum scored one less last year then Allen has scored in his career

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Joe Allen improved under Klopp and still wasnt good enough. The hype over him is crazy, I can only imagine what would happen if Coutinho grew his hair out and got a stylish goatee
    He was dominated agaisnt Portugal in the semi final, just too weak and slow for the top levels of the premier league and someone we should be improving on.

Wijnaldum might not be the answer but at least provides numbers. Allen has got 4 goals in 90 games for the Liverpool. Wijnaldum scored one less last year then Allen has scored in his career

Apples and oranges in that last paragraph, Joe. Apples and oranges.

Have to say i think we have (at least on paper) one of if not the best
    attack force in the league now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

mosstin wrote: »
    Apples and oranges in that last paragraph, Joe. Apples and oranges.

Consistantly we have heard we lack numbers from midfield this will give us that.

Henderson a player more comprable to Allen is a much better player, Allen will be very little loss next year (and I do like the guy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://imgur.com/a/n3jGJ

Who can we not see travelling?

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement