Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Sheeeeit

So we signed Manninger, a 39yo journeyman(at best)

Is Migs getting the hint yet!

It's purely for back up. New rules mean goalkeepers loaned out to English clubs cannot be called back if the parent club have an injury crisis. So we couldn't do what with we did with Danny Ward last season. Bogdan isn't good enough, so Klopp brought in experience for back up as well as mentoring I would imagine. Mignolet and Karius will fight it out for #1 spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Well at least you were getting the season part right ;) Most people were taking it as years.

Amazing how many football fans don't seem to know a season is broken over two years :)

The art of deflection is a beautiful thing! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Knex. wrote: »
    Really depends on the context & detail, tbh. If every stat imaginable was available to me on a database, for any player, I'd rather access to that than some hardcore fan's opinion of the player. Unfortunately, we don't have that, though.

Having something as broad as "attacking score" without any real breakdown with regards to the scoring system just seems totally pointless to me.

Also, would have to say, watching a game on the TV gives you a far narrower view of what is going on than if you had the overhead cameras or were at the game itself. So there's that to take into account as well.

There's a lot of factors in a fast moving, fluid and dynamic game, played over a massive area where the movement of a full back 70 yards away from the immediate action can have a massive impact on the game.

Everyone sees the game differently, even those at the top level, far away from our computer chair analysis. I'm rambling away again, but ultimately, as much as I love stats and analytics myself, they are absolutely only another small insight of the massive overall picture.

It basically is available on a database called Football Manager but because it is labelled a game it is diregarded by most as fiction! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

J Mysterio wrote: »

I was expecting Kate Cohen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J Mysterio wrote: »

Mahrez is the only one of them we haven't signed or tried to sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wijanldum deal is officially done. He'll wear the number 5 shirt.

Just waiting for the lean now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

martyos121 wrote: »

Apparently staring wistfully at a Melwood pitch is the new lean.

Apparently staring wistfully at a Melwood pitch is the new lean.

Not for me it isn't. Lean or get the hell out of Melwood is the way it has to be. I've grown quite fond of the tradition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

• Advertisement

Cn_MJD-WAAEkj9c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Look how lazily he's signing the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Turtyturd wrote: »

Didn't even put the shirt on, kept it on the hanger....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He's going to be awesome, he'll have a better coach(prior to Rafa) and players around him.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/756552958943297536

Turtyturd wrote: »

Not even looking where he's signing. What's his pass completion rate like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

In the 2 seasons he has been with us already he has done feck all

Cn_MJD-WAAEkj9c.png

Time for some analysis then.

Nice location, boot room right elbow lean into 13b, gold chain game is on point, adidas product placement too but we all know the leaning game has been ruined by money, teeth a good shade of white, happy expression if not a bit generic.

7/10. A solid, no-nonsense lean.

Time for some analysis then.

Nice location, boot room right elbow lean into 13b, gold chain game is on point, adidas product placement too but we all know the leaning game has been ruined by money, teeth a good shade of white, happy expressin if not a bit generic.

7/10. A solid, no-nonsense lean.

Diamond earring gives it another 0.5 although we never got a look at the gold watch....could be better but solid enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I tried to text the news to a mate, but the predictive text ran down my battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The chap looks genuinely delighted to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

What I will say about the Mané and Wijnaldum signings is that it's great to see players come in who love being direct in what they do, and not necessarily in the 'Coutinho shoot on sight' kind of way.

Pace, power and ability to shoot.

I'm genuinely optimistic.

The only issue is their consistency, which I hope Klopp can beat out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »
    The chap looks genuinely delighted to be there.

You'd suck the farts out of a Labrador's hole for the money he's going to earn, of course he looks happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very happy with wijnaldum signing, him and mane should add goals from midfield/out wide and hopefully lessen the burden on whoever is playing up top. I'm quietly very excited with our transfers in, all clearly players klopp wants and who'll fit his system.

I really hope we start with something like this come August.

Cn_doIiWEAAxmrW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I really hope we start with something like this come August.

Cn_doIiWEAAxmrW.jpg

That new left back looks decent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Does anyone know if you'll be able to buy those grey tops the players were wearing in San Fran? Had a quick look online and can't see them.
    Usually don't like buying any football clothes other than a jersey but those tops are lovely.

x43r0 wrote: »
    That new left back looks decent!

The most important cog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Not even looking where he's signing. What's his pass completion rate like?

I believe it's 84.4% which is better than most the lfc midfielders last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Very underwhelmed with the signing of Wijnaldum. Another Newcastle player who went missing for the entire season. But I guess that's the level we're at, these are the signings we have to make do with.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I assume Klopp sees Wijnaldum as part of either a midfield 2 in a 4231, or else as part of a midfield 3 in a 433 type thing.

I hope we can offload Benteke and Markovic soon enough anyhow (assuming we are actually looking to) as those will be the main money in lads, and if we are actually bringing in a left back then do it soon enough.

Lots of changes anyhow, with only Manninger and Klavan definitely not first team starters, Grujic probably not a starter off the bat anyhow, and Matip/Karius possibly open to debate, so on the opening day we'll probably have 3-4 lads in the team that are new.

I'm really looking forward to the start if it anyhow, tough as it is, but I'm hoping the cohesion will be there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ardent wrote: »
    Very underwhelmed with the signing of Wijnaldum. Another Newcastle player who went missing for the entire season. But I guess that's the level we're at, these are the signings we have to make do with.

In fairnesss they most if all went missing. Under klopp i feel he will be a whole different beast and no disrespect to newcastle but this is liverpool hes playing for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ardent wrote: »

He scored 11 goals with 5 assists. Went missing is a tad harsh. Maybe he chucked it a little alright at times once he realised they weren't very good but hopefully a change of scenery plus getting to work with better players will remotivate him.

ricero wrote: »
    In fairnesss they most if all went missing. Under klopp i feel he will be a whole different beast and no disrespect to newcastle but this is liverpool hes playing for now

I hope you're right

He scored 11 goals with 5 assists.

4 of those goals came in one game against sorry Norwich and another two came in some game after they had already been relegated.

Edit: It was against Spurs, who had just lost out on the title.

PSV Leftback shilling for a move?

https://twitter.com/jetrowillems_15/status/756572956625633280
    I wish you all the best at your new club my friend, we'll see each other again soon! @GWijnaldum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Could definitely get behind that one!

Oh jesus yes, Willems is a serious talent.

Doubt we're even in for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

ricero wrote: »

Ya cause when your team is in a relegation battle it's fine to take 60 grand a week and not give 100%, You should bust your gut no matter who you play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

My first thought from that is that he's close to joining another English club. But i'm a pessimist.

Swansea owners chatting about Allen, a bit late for that isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fairly sure K'nex. was banging on about Jethro a while back but everyone ignored him after how wrong he was about Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I know one about our new signing, I'm not calling him Gigi. It'll have to be the Widge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Wijnaldum will be part of our front 4. I'm not convinced Klopp sees Sturridge as an automatic starter either.

Back in his Dortmund days he loved his attacking players to be as fluid as possible. All the front 4 or 5 could interchange at any given time. Reus would pop up at CF. Lewandowski would pop up RW. Gundogan could be furthest forward. It would cause confusion with defences who just wanted to mark individual players out of the game.

The players we're buying aren't absolute top quality, but I can see what he's doing. They're players who can interchange at will, filling in any attacking position at any opportunity. Klopp's teams are about causing chaos, and if you've a bunch of attacking players who can go from position to position, it makes the chaos causing that much easier.

Milkers wrote: »
    I know one about our new signing, I'm not calling him Gigi. It'll have to be the Widge.

Probably for the best since his nickname is actually Gini. :pac:

Very happy with the signing, a bit expensive but thats to be expected.

25 is the new 12

SlickRic wrote: »
    Wijnaldum will be part of our front 4.

We should expect another CM then, unless Klopp rotates him into CM when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Someone on here used to bang on about Wijnaldum a few years ago...Kess,was it?

EDIT:Did a quick search and yes,it was. He mentioned him a lot about 3 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

25 is the new 12

13 is the new bosman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Are top knots the new mohawks?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement