Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

The biggest problem is this incident would have Lovern starting.

If Sakho is out then a new centre back is needed immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

sword1 wrote: »
    I think can will be that player by the end of the season

Not unless his awareness and close control in tight areas has improved considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

If Sakho is out then a new centre back is needed immediately.

Lovren was actually quite good last season. Klavan will most likely fill the LCB slot too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Kinda sums up how I'm feeling about the Sakho reports...

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/757823598602039296?s=09

Feels like we're never going to get our **** together, sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If he was sent back for disciplinary reasons I don't understand why they couldn't just keep that to themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If he was sent back for disciplinary reasons I don't understand why they couldn't just keep that to themselves.

Well, they're not saying anything, which is part of the problem. Pierce and Reddy are reporting into a vacuum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

corwill wrote: »
    Well, they're not saying anything, which is part of the problem. Pierce and Reddy are reporting into a vacuum.

And we're all guilty of hoovering it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Where have the club said anything?

This stuff gets out these days.

So much for Sakho being captain. He seems a bit of a basket case. I did find the retort from Klopp during the Alcatraz video to be quite telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I would think it's likely that somebody leaked the info to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Everyone was laughing and joking about sakho yesterday. Then rumours break and everyone 'knew there was something up'. Lots of revisionism going on here.

Club should already have a statement out on this tbh. Storm in a teacup or a storm. They should be controlling the narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Glad that Sakho is finally being exposed. The cult of personality means he's been flying under the radar for quite a while.

Flanagan having a medical with Burnley today ahead of his loan move.

Potentially Sakho's 2nd / 3rd attitude issue while at the club....... not good if true. I think he's great on the pitch though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

#bringbackkolo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

As with the doping scandal, lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Brazilian wonderkid Allan gone to Hertha Berlin on loan for the season.

https://twitter.com/HerthaBSC/status/757847575479197701

You'd wonder if we will ever see him in a Liverpool shirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

They hardly negotiated a 75% play clause into that deal considering he didn't start for that Belgian team he went on loan to last season. If they did, fair play as that kind of experience at a Bundesliga club would be great for his development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where have the club said anything?

This stuff gets out these days.

So much for Sakho being captain. He seems a bit of a basket case. I did find the retort from Klopp during the Alcatraz video to be quite telling.

hqdefault.jpg

Turtyturd wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Not a South Park fan, so explain the joke please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Something happened with Sakho. Either its mundane like personal issue/injury related or he ****ed something up.

I'd rather hear something from the club than it being leaked to James Pearce to report it (if that is the case) because its unfair on the player........you can speculate wildly because its not often a player goes on tour with the club and is sent back after 5 days......

The fact that no-one is saying anything at LFC might point to it being nothing but the fact that James Pearce has said "Mamadou Sakho faces uncertain future at LFC after being sent home from tour of America by Jurgen Klopp" seems very serious, as Pearce is fairly well connected (i think?).

• Advertisement

Captain Hindsight is the character being portrayed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

NukaCola wrote: »
    Captain Hindsight is the character being portrayed.....

Fairly obvious now, looking back on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Colemania wrote: »

They hardly negotiated a 75% play clause into that deal considering he didn't start for that Belgian team he went on loan to last season. If they did, fair play as that kind of experience at a Bundesliga club would be great for his development.
    He played 9 times and only joined in Jan, season finished in early May. I think he'll do well getting a full season somewhere instead of being bounced around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

mosstin wrote: »

And we're all guilty of hoovering it up.
    Football is more important that life or death. So someone's going to dy, son!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Dickerty wrote: »

Get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Captain Hindsight

• Advertisement

Do you mean DIY for Sakho?

Ah well, worst case scenario since he joined us 3 years ago we got 5 good seasons out of Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm sick of this buying British we are doing. Linked Henry fecker in the papers today.

10529833-1317738599-563086.jpg

Would much prefer if we went with this guy

HVR200M-A2-Henry-Micro-Numatic-1-2000x2000_0.jpg

Cheaper as he isn't British and is great at sucking up loose balls and also manoeuvres great, due to his low centre of gravity and being on wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Lovren is starting the season as first choice, and that's by no means a bad thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well I heard he was sent back to Liverpool because they are falling behind on building of the new stand and Sakho is the only man to get them back on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Nothing to the Sakho story at all. He just wanted to get back to the Liverpool Country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

No, Dickety.

And so much for Sakho lasting a 100 years in the Alcatraz. The bollocks couldn't last 10 days in the States!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

NukaCola wrote: »
    Something happened with Sakho. Either its mundane like personal issue/injury related or he ****ed something up.

I'd rather hear something from the club than it being leaked to James Pearce to report it (if that is the case) because its unfair on the player........you can speculate wildly because its not often a player goes on tour with the club and is sent back after 5 days......

The fact that no-one is saying anything at LFC might point to it being nothing but the fact that James Pearce has said "Mamadou Sakho faces uncertain future at LFC after being sent home from tour of America by Jurgen Klopp" seems very serious, as Pearce is fairly well connected (i think?).

Or it could be to do with the fact that its 6am and Klopp is stubbing out his last smoke of the night.

garra wrote: »
    Or it could be to do with the fact that its 6am and Klopp is stubbing out his last smoke of the night.

He was sent back on the same flight as Smith so I doubt it was in the middle of the night the decision was made. Plus someone at the club must have told James Pearce about it, if he can report on it I'm sure someone at the club could. Surely not everyone is over in the states.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd say Sahko is just being a nuisance, he's injured and messing about, probably interupting everything.
    He may have also being flirting with signing up to a local construction firm in the US.

Maybe the new stand needs painting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Hopefully the Sakho things is nothing more than he's injured and so hyper anyway at the best of times that he's a distraction to the other players. Klopp puts a lot of stock in pre-season and it's all about hard work. Maybe Sakho's goofing around was beginning to grate. Especially when he couldn't focus on training himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Knex. wrote: »
    No, Dickety.
    No doubt.

Hopefully the Sakho things is nothing more than he's injured and so hyper anyway at the best of times that he's a distraction to the other players. Klopp puts a lot of stock in pre-season and it's all about hard work. Maybe Sakho's goofing around was beginning to grate. Especially when he couldn't focus on training himself.

Indeed, hopefully it's Paul Gascoignesque :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

It seems this is what can be expected from Sakho, sporadic good performances on the pitch which get over hyped in exchange for being a clown off it. Im torn between cutting our losses on him and keeping him in the hope that he cops on and becomes more consistent, he seems to be injured quiet a bit as well which is also a worry.

This is not revisionist as I was never completely sold on him in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

A few people are taking this moment to get a dig in on Sakho and that's to be expected as this thread is all about points scoring and "being right" these days.

Am I the only one who sees Sakho throwing a strop about NOT playing and it doesn't bother me? Even holding it against him in the race for club captain. I for one would much prefer to see a player throw a strop about NOT playing than throwing a strop when asked to play ala Danny Sturridge. In this age when players are more like pets than men I personally love to see a bit of passion and desire to play from one of our players. It makes a nice change tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Looks like he is finished so.

Another CB is needed. Klopp will probably go back to Germany to look for a player, and I quite like Niklas Sule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

mormank wrote: »
    A few people are taking this moment to get a dig in on Sakho and that's to be expected as this thread is all about points scoring and "being right" these days.

Am I the only one who sees Sakho throwing a strop about NOT playing and it doesn't bother me? Even holding it against him in the race for club captain. I for one would much prefer to see a player throw a strop about NOT playing than throwing a strop when asked to play ala Danny Sturridge. In this age when players are more like pets than men I personally love to see a bit of passion and desire to play from one of our players. It makes a nice change tbh.

There's a difference between being annoyed/frustrated/even angry about not playing, and storming out of the stadium and going home.

Senior players are meant to lead by example - acting like a petulant child is not a good look for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

mormank wrote: »

One person is taking this moment to get a dig in at Daniel Sturridge, which I find bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

One person is taking this moment to get a dig in at Daniel Sturridge, which I find bizarre sadly predictable.

Fixed that for ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

There is a time and a place for acting the gob****e and hopefully sakho knows this now. Think people are going a bit overboard saying hes finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mario being all quiet and getting on with training who'd have thunk it and now has Sakho to join him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Apparently Sakho was late for the flight leaving for the US and then interrupted Klopp while he was doing an interview with the club website. The second doesn't really seem that big a deal as he was just having the craic when you see the footage but maybe he was already on thin ice after turning up late for the flight. I'm sure Klopp sees pre-season as a time for hard work. Not a lads holiday.

• Advertisement

My only concern is James Pearce said Sakho's future is in doubt.......he's normally reliable.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement