Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just a pity the game is on at stupid o'clock. Can't even talk abut the starting 11 :(

NukaCola wrote: »
    Admitting being childish is not an admission of deep regret, or remorse.

It is imo a clear display of regret/remorse over an inappropriate act/gesture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

5starpool wrote: »
    Match on around 4.30am. I am getting up at 4am, but still won't see the game. Bah.

I do get to go on holiday though, so not all bad :pac:

LFC TV on your phone, priorities brah... :)

If only I could set my alarm and actually wake up when it goes off... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »
    No need to get all p1ssy. He mentioned 4 names, he wasn't pi1ssing and moaning in the media that they didn't apologise to him.

Surely you can distinguish between calling someone a poof and bending over saying give us one up the arse on the football field. Fowler crossed the line in Le Saux opinion and i agree with him. I summed up all I have to say on it.
    Augeo wrote: »
    It is imo a clear display of regret/remorse over an inappropriate act/gesture.

It would depend on the context, i havent read the quote but if thats your interpretation of it then I'm happy to concede he was remorseful years after the incident.
    OK, Fowler was a prick to le Saux, le Saux was a prick to Ince who was himsilf just a... well you get the idea.

Can't we just discuss some football and stuff?

Yes please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is it over? Is it finally over? Please?

sherlock-frustrated.gif

• Advertisement

It would depend on the context, i havent read the quote but if thats your interpretation of it then I'm happy to concede he was remorseful years after the incident.

It's in the book. Same section you are quoting from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

04:35 can't justify getting up for it :(

Vicxas wrote: »
    04:35 can't justify getting up for it :(

I put fifty cent on a 250/1 scorecast so that's reason enough for me to watch it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

OK, Fowler was a prick to le Saux, le Saux was a prick to Ince who was himsilf just a... well you get the idea.

Can't we just discuss some football and stuff? I'm looking forward to seeing how the Chelsea game pans out. A friendly in hot conditions won't be too illustrative of too much,but still, another step towards the start of the league.

Popping along to it later here, so i'll give yee the inside scoop after... or in the morning...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

€140m for 1 player, madness. We've spent a lot of money (although might still even make a profit this window) but still, shows the gap in finances really between the very rich (us) and the crazy rich. I'm assuming there will be a 300k per week pay deal too, so more than 3x our transfer record and twice as much as we've ever paid anyone really.

We have to overachieve to achieve, and no way around that. I'm glad we have Klopp in charge though as a different manager won't change the fact that we can't afford to pay what the likes of utd can for players so we have to try and compete through different means, which can be done, albeit not on a close to level playing field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

€140m for 1 player, madness. We've spent a lot of money (although might still even make a profit this window) but still, shows the gap in finances really between the very rich (us) and the crazy rich. I'm assuming there will be a 300k per week pay deal too, so more than 3x our transfer record and twice as much as we've ever paid anyone really.

We have to overachieve to achieve, and no way around that. I'm glad we have Klopp in charge though as a different manager won't change the fact that we can't afford to pay what the likes of utd can for players so we have to try and compete through different means, which can be done, albeit not on a close to level playing field.

I think United are throwing the kitchen sink on getting back in the top 4. Risky business as if they dont next season they could start to fall foul of financial fair play without offloading another couple of big earners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Nesta99 wrote: »
    I think United are throwing the kitchen sink on getting back in the top 4. Risky business as if they dont next season they could start to fall foul of financial fair play without offloading another couple of big earners.

Financial Fair play is like the tv show Lost, a load of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Hoki wrote: »
    Financial Fair play is like the tv show Lost, a load of ****e.

And about as related to reality.

Just saw on F365 that Arbeloa is a free agent now. Could do worse than have him as solid backup at fullback for a year or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Just saw on F365 that Arbeloa is a free agent now. Could do worse than have him as solid backup at fullback for a year or 2.

Did he not sign for one of the Italian teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just a pity the game is on at stupid o'clock. Can't even talk abut the starting 11 :(

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/758414165472055296
    No Sturridge, Wijnaldum, Origi, Benteke for #LFC v #CFC. They've stayed in Palo Alto to continue training. Clyne - tight hamstring

So pretty much the same team that played Huddersfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

:pac:

Balotelli insists that his mind was made up once he learned of Hull’s interest.

“It’s always been my dream to play for Hull Town,” the former Liverpool striker told Soccer on Sunday. “I’m nearly sure I spent an amazing weekend here many years ago. I remember accidentally driving my Ferrari into a lake while texting Noel Gallagher. A kind local towed me out. Nice food, nice people. Might have been Leeds actually, now that I think of it.”

“I just want to enjoy my football,” he added. “I’m tired of taking football too seriously. My message to my new teammates will be, just have fun. Better to lose and have a laugh on the pitch, than win and be all serious. And if we get relegated, we’ll do it the Hull Way, with smiles on our faces.”

Nesta99 wrote: »

I'd say they are probably not in any real danger of that in fairness. There is a point where they would be, but they'd need to flop badly and continue to spend for the next few years to be in danger. I think their biggest pain point from missing out next season again would be the damage to the adidas deal as I think it takes a huge hit if not in the CL, so even more damaging than the money from the CL itself missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Don't like this comment at all to be honest. You can have no idea how much this might have affected Le Saux on both a personal and professional level.

Just because Fowler played for Liverpool doesn't mean you have to defend him indefinitely. He acted like a homophobic arsehole in this incident and I wouldn't be at all sure that he's even one bit sorry about it.

Perhaps there's a generation gap at play, but a gay footballer was always verboten and frowned upon, and perhaps always will be.. even Ronaldo hasn't come out yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ballotelli is a lost cause. The club should put him on ebay with no reserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Saw this over on Reddit and thought it was interesting. Back in 2007, World Soccer magazine made a list of the top 50 teenage players. Two Liverpool players on there, neither amounted to much.

But still they picked a lot of players that turned out to be world class, e.g. Bale, Kroos, Aguero, Di Maria, Ozil, Benzema, Sanchez.

z7gHUj6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Higuain transfer is crazy. And to think we thought we had a chance, his move to Napoli for 40m euros was crazy price, this move to Juventus is Juventus going full retard, you should never go full retard.

Somewhat interesting article from Melissa Reddy on the pre-season training. Nothing too surprising in here, but worth a quick read I thought.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/24102/icc-2016/2016/07/27/25996612/inside-liverpools-pre-season-the-drills-the-demands-the?ICID=HP_BN_1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

mormank wrote: »
    You tellin' me that after all this time the Nevilles are actually straight!! :eek: :P

Get some cop on for yourself.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I put fifty cent on a 250/1 scorecast so that's reason enough for me to watch it. :pac:

Telll me more.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Did he not sign for one of the Italian teams?

Linked with AC Milan, but doesn't look like it's gone beyond that stage yet.

There's no way Pogba is worth that. No ****ing way. Sure they flogged him off for 800k a few years ago. Ive seen him a number of times for Juventus and i watched him closely at the European Cup. The mind boggles really.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »

No thanks.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Telll me more.

Mane and 4-1 to us. I'm a dreamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

J Mysterio wrote: »
    There's no way Pogba is worth that. No ****ing way. Sure they flogged him off for 800k a few years ago. Ive seen him a number of times for Juventus and i watched him closely at the European Cup. The mind boggles really.
    Stones to city for 50million is nearly as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

James Pearce confirmed just there that klopp said he sent Sakho home for repeatedly breaking club rules. If that's true sakho needs to grow the f*ck up and act like the professional he is supposed to be.

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    James Pearce confirmed just there that klopp said he sent Sakho home for repeatedly breaking club rules. If that's true sakho needs to grow the f*ck up and act like the professional he is supposed to be.

Wow. He must have been really pissing Klopp off. Sakho must feel a right tit now.

Full Pearce Echo article

Shîte just realised the match isn't on Sky Sports tonight, is it on YouTube or anywhere else I can see it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Yep, looks like he needs to cop de fcuk on alright.

I like the way Klopp clarified there wasn't an argument with the player, "I spoke. You cannot argue when only one person is speaking". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

martyos121 wrote: »
    Shîte just realised the match isn't on Sky Sports tonight, is it on YouTube or anywhere else I can see it?

LFCTV

I signed up for €6 (for one month) and cancelled straight away. Ill have the rest of the pre-season for 6 quid and wont be charged again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I reckon Klopp could sort out the Palestine/Israel conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hopefully 5Starpool will bring the thread back something nice from his holidays.

One of those giant candy sticks that giant candy sticks that dislocate your jaw on first bite, before inevitably getting left up beside the microwave, half wrapped, until your mother throws it away two weeks later.

It would be a nice distraction before the season kicks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Klopp
    “He nearly missed the departure of the plane, he missed a session and was late for a meal.

“We have some rules and we have to respect them. If somebody doesn't respect it or somebody gives me the feeling he is not respecting it then I have to react that's all."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-klopp-send-sakho-11673417#ICID=sharebar_twitter

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I reckon Klopp could sort out the Palestine/Israel conflict.

Bacon sandwiches all round, you caaaaaaaaants...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Sakho needs to sort out his MamaDo's from his MamaDont's right now. It's getting out of hand.

MamaDo's:

Lift forwards out of it
    Score against Dortmund
    Painting and decorating

MamaDont's:

Make a thick out of the boss
    Miss training
    Take Yokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

corwill wrote: »
    tumblr_mhrgrhUQt01rmt3tbo1_400.gif

Hold up, is that the crooked lawyer from The Wire?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Oh golly........what a strange phrase to use, anyway you said there was little or nothing about other players, I gave you four names in one article, 4 names is all of a sudden not enough, I wont bother replying to someone whose trying to take the piss out of me during an exchange of opinions. Lets just agree to disagree and leave it there.
    What's interesting is that they weren't the instigators of the abuse Le Saux received at Chelsea in his early career. Paul Elliott has spoken about the core of that Chelsea group, if you didn't get on with the London boys you made yourself a target for their antics: Vinnie Jones, Dennis Wise, Kerry Dixon and Dave Beasant. There were a few arse lickers who followed their lead and Andy Townsend was one of them. Le Saux had a short fuse and he made himself an easier target by reacting to their comments.

Team news:

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/758485795686711296

Shocked there isn't a match thread for this, not sure this thread will be able to handle all the traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Whats up with Moreno's hair?

Edit : and Firmino too.. Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Whats up with Moreno's hair?

Edit : and Firmino too.. Jesus

I've never seen so many men worried about other mens hair :confused:

The pitch is really making passing hard out there.

Sakho can have no complaints. Klopp had to take action.

Hopefully it can be sorted out. He seems like a bit of a nuisance though

Looks like I don't miss much by not getting up for the match.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement