Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Off to bed now for an hour before I've to wake up again. Never regret watching a Liverpool game though, no matter how awful it was.

Ok, maybe I do a bit. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I didn't see the game but my twitter feed saying that the young lad Ejaria had another fine display.

Unfortunately Moreno was picked out for the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What was the score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

kfallon wrote: »
    What was the score?

0-1

got a glimpse of the goal on SSN. From a corner looked like pretty poor defending, Cahill I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

kfallon wrote: »
    What was the score?

1-0 chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Palace have made a 20M bid for Berhino. Looks like they have given up on Benteke.

We're kind of short on numbers in defence so hopefully Ragnar going off because of this challenge by cesc, was only precautionary.

https://twitter.com/CapitalLivNews/status/758539598909861889

Looks a painful one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    0-1

got a glimpse of the goal on SSN. From a corner looked like pretty poor defending, Cahill I think

He got a run on Grujic, who didn't get off the ground, and no-one on the post for a header from 8 yards.

Highlights not available on the website until tonight but I am sure they will appear somewhere. Fabregas sent off for a shin high late challenge on Klavan.

I think our problem was no goal threat with our two main strikers left out, and Firmino not quite up to speed yet.

We had twice as many passes, 89% accurate compared to 79 for them, and 65% possession. Chelsea parked the bus as usual, nothing changes there. Which in pre-season is pathetic. Or they just weren't up to pace yet. Either way, I think we will have learned a lot more from the game tan they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What was the score last night ?
    Never mind , posted above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

God but Sakho is stupid. Hope Kloppp sells him.

Hold up, is that the crooked lawyer from The Wire?

It is actually, well spotted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dickerty wrote: »
    He got a run on Grujic, who didn't get off the ground, and no-one on the post for a header from 8 yards.

Highlights not available on the website until tonight but I am sure they will appear somewhere. Fabregas sent off for a shin high late challenge on Klavan.

I think our problem was no goal threat with our two main strikers left out, and Firmino not quite up to speed yet.

We had twice as many passes, 89% accurate compared to 79 for them, and 65% possession. Chelsea parked the bus as usual, nothing changes there. Which in pre-season is pathetic. Or they just weren't up to pace yet. Either way, I think we will have learned a lot more from the game tan they will.

I think you read far too much into these pre season friendlies. This is all about fitness.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think you read far too much into these pre season friendlies. This is all about fitness.

Bang on, results and performances don't matter, it's all about being ready for the first Premier League game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

that was a pure cnut of a challenge by fabregas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What a cnut of a challenge from Fabregas. Fcuking asshole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You have to be an almighty thundering cunt to do that in a preseaon friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I still like Sakho, I hope he cops himself on.

I also hope someone is as heavy on Fabregas soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

murpho999 wrote: »

Yeh I know, which is why it's disappointing that Chelsea spent so much time defending instead of giving us more of a challenge. But I guess we worked on our passing and different ways to break a team down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »
    What a cnut of a challenge from Fabregas. Fcuking asshole

He's always been a snide little bollix. I won't be weeping and keening if I see him turned upside down on 16th September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

calm down , Fabregas went into the liverpool dressing room afterwards to apologise , red card was deserved end of , liverpool were all huff and puff with no quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

peteeeed wrote: »
    calm down , Fabregas went into the liverpool dressing room afterwards to apologise , red card was deserved end of , liverpool were all huff and puff with no quality

You're not worried that Chelsea parked the bus and had a man sent off for a pretty bad tackle in a pre-season friendly? A taste of things to come? Looks like ye could be even harder on the eyes under Conte than ye were under the Man Utd manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

peteeeed wrote: »

Let me be the first to congratulate Chelsea on their fantastic performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Charlie19 wrote: »
    We're kind of short on numbers in defence so hopefully Ragnar going off because of this challenge by cesc, was only precautionary.

I didn't see him going off after it? Didn't he finish the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Grayditch wrote: »
    Let me be the first to congratulate Chelsea on their fantastic performance.

both teams created F all , neither keeper made any saves but thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Looked a lazy clumsy tackle, but was a bad one, definite red.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Grujic ended up in hospital not remembering anything after also, was a ****ing friendly apparently...

8-10 wrote: »
    I didn't see him going off after it? Didn't he finish the game?

Yup himself and Karius were the only liverpool players to complete the full 90.

I was going by a tweet that I had read.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Grujic ended up in hospital not remembering anything after also, was a ****ing friendly apparently...

Loveren had to be substituted after being punched in the head.

Friendly sounds about right.*

*punch was from the Liverpool goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

"I spoke. You cannot argue when only one person is speaking. That’s all"

No doubting Klopp wont put up with any crap. Hopefully 10 days at Melwood will get Sakhos mind right. He is 27 next December so the messing around really has to stop

That one was an accident,in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The Mourinho influence still in place. Hopefully Ragnarok has a receipt for Fabregas once we have the league game wrapped up.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes that lot to turn on Conte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Poor game by all accounts, nothing really to read into. Ejaria had a good game though and Klavan got some great reports.

On the Sakho thing I think too much is been made of it, he's not finished at the club or anything. He's a bit of a joker and class clown and yes Rodgers has had problems with him but there's nothing malicious from him I'd say, he's a good lad.

He has also had a very tough few months over this doping scandal, missing out on 2 European finals for been accused of something you didn't do is tough to take. He's just blowing off a little steam I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

There's being the class clown and blowing off steam and then there's not turning up on time for flights and training sessions, group meals etc. Two very different things. Yet, once again, Sakho gets the excuses made for him on here. Fair play to Klopp for taking no sh*t, no matter who the player is. Love the quote from him as well "You cannot argue when only one person is speaking" , pure Brian Clough stuff.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    There's being the class clown and blowing off steam and then there's not turning up on time for flights and training sessions, group meals etc. Two very different things. Yet, once again, Sakho gets the excuses made for him on here. Fair play to Klopp for taking no sh*t, no matter who the player is. Love the quote from him as well "You cannot argue when only one person is speaking" , pure Brian Clough stuff.

True enough. I love Sakho but he needs to knuckle down now and cut that crap out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No one is making excuses for Sakho. He is under big pressure to help get the main stand finished in time it's why he flew back imo.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how long it takes that lot to turn on Conte.

They can always go back to Hiddink when needed, then hire a flavour of the month/highly respected manager, give them a few months and wait for the Mourinho effect to wear off else where. Then cry for Mourinho to be reinstated because he has unfinished business at Chelsea. Then repeat if necessary.

The Chelsea way.

MD1990 wrote: »
    No one is making excuses for Sakho. He is under big pressure to help get the main stand finished in time it's why he flew back imo.

He has trouble with deadlines though......

MD1990 wrote: »

He's got eight days. its the door otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not making excuses for him, Klopp did the right thing and Rodgers did too last year when he was out of line. I was just saying he had a tough summer, I think the club/Klopp will sit him down and tell him how it is. He's not going to be immediately transfer listed.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Not making excuses for him, Klopp did the right thing and Rodgers did too last year when he was out of line. I was just saying he had a tough summer, I think the club/Klopp will sit him down and tell him how it is. He's not going to be immediately transfer listed.

Sorry rob didnt mean you were making excuses for him per se. Sakho is a favorite on here, so many people will give him the more leeway than others get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sakho isn't cut out for professional football if he can't keep deadlines and get in on time, reckon he should get into the public sector.
    We're in a bad way for construction here and he'd sort it.

I'm a big fan of Sakho but wouldn't be making excuses for him here. The club already has the poster (man)child for what happens when footballers constantly act the tit, so hopefully someone points out to Sakho what could happen and he knuckles down...and as an added benefit Balotelli will have made some kind of impact at the club.

I can't help but be impressed with Klopp's handling of it though. Authoritative rather than authoritarian, he's confident in his position and would be willing to move past it rather than constantly holding it against the player like our previous manager.

NukaCola wrote: »
    They can always go back to Hiddink when needed, then hire a flavour of the month/highly respected manager, give them a few months and wait for the Mourinho effect to wear off else where. Then cry for Mourinho to be reinstated because he has unfinished business at Chelsea. Then repeat if necessary.

The Chelsea way.

I still get a good laugh out of the fans who thought he was back long term last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ragnar will be ready to start if Sakho is late. Vikings are never late.

Ragnar the Ready - I think I'll go with that! :D

Vikings are never late.

Not like a Spaniards challenge in preseason....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not like a Spaniards challenge in preseason....

No expects the late Spanish inquisition!

tumblr_kpamwadQ8a1qa1jtqo1_400.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What I want to know is, what was Klavan doing before he got tackled?
    He kind of ran away, done a little bit of a 360, then ran to the ball.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What I want to know is, what was Klavan doing before he got tackled?
    He kind of ran away, done a little bit of a 360, then ran to the ball.

The Lallana shuffle?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The Klavllana shuffle

I see a few Chelsea players surrounded the ref straight after the red as well, JT was up to his usual having a word too. I hope they actually follow through this season with this new rule of booking players surrounding the ref. Stop this sh*t once and for all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement