Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I see a few Chelsea players surrounded the ref straight after the red as well, JT was up to his usual having a word too. I hope they actually follow through this season with this new rule of booking players surrounding the ref. Stop this sh*t once and for all.

What's the rule? Could be entertaining.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Turtyturd wrote: »
    rather than constantly holding it against the player like our previous manager.

This does seem to be the case as we have seen with the recent Agger story and I'm sure others.

Putting on my Dr Melfi hat (skirt, bra, suspenders :p ) that would indicate insecurity.

I do imagine Klopp making his point, drawing a line under it and then moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

What's the rule? Could be entertaining.

You can get sent off for foul and abusive language. Yellow cards for being surrounded by two players or more, physical contact, etc etc

http://www.the42.ie/premier-league-referee-new-rules-red-cards-intolerable-behaviour-2886813-Jul2016/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Terry is awful for that. Doing it for a decade and getting away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No expects the late Spanish inquisition!

tumblr_kpamwadQ8a1qa1jtqo1_400.jpg

The Spanish were both late and in the wrong place in 1600.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

doc_17 wrote: »
    Terry is awful for that. Doing it for a decade and getting away with it.

Rooney too. Was brilliant that time when he got sent off for sarcastically applauding Kim Nielsen. They need to stop taking sh*t off the players and regain control of those situations. Its the only way.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Rooney too. Was brilliant that time when he got sent off for sarcastically applauding Kim Nielsen. They need to stop taking sh*t off the players and regain control of those situations. Its the only way.

Id love to see the refs mic'd up like in Rugby.

What happens then is you can hear not just the ref but the players. The refs could also then use the audio in any proceedings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Firmino was inline when Sturridge played him in. Happened so fast but he was on when ball made contact with Sturridges heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Firmino was inline when Sturridge played him in. Happened so fast but he was on when ball made contact with Sturridges heel.

I didn't see any specific replays but he definitely looked onside when ball was played. Doesn't matter a whole lot in preseason but the move was very good and so was the finish so have to be happy with that passage of play at least. It's those 1-touch/quick pass/teammate awareness-type plays that show that the team are playing well together so regardless of scoring the goal or not if we can get a couple of those strung together in each preseason game it's an encouraging sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

You can see Sahko's personality in the way he plays. Not composed, over confident. Sometimes it works brilliantly for him, sometimes it blows up in his face.

If he went, I could live with it. Could we trust this guy to keep his cool in a seriously high pressure game? Mental weakness cost us the league with Rodgers. We folded like a pack of cards. We need that type of player and mentality out of the club.

If he wants to clown about, he can join the circus.

If he can change, great. If not, on yer bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Cahill v Grujic for the Chelsea goal looked very much man vs boy stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Milkers wrote: »
    Cahill v Grujic for the Chelsea goal looked very much man vs boy stuff.
    He was caught ballwatching with Cahill getting a run at him,defence looked disorganised for that corner, good to see it now than in a months time,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

sword1 wrote: »
    He was caught ballwatching with Cahill getting a run at him,defence looked disorganised for that corner, good to see it now than in a months time,

Oh we'll more than likely be seeing it in a months time as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Oh we'll more than likely be seeing it in a months time as well.
    Isn't it funny the way certain faults keep occurring, you would think that there would be some improvement at some stage with those faults being identified be nearly everyone:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Moreno were to sustain an injury which is not career ending but kept him out for two or three months I'd not be unhappy.

Am I bad?

Bit of good news, maybe?

Players set to miss opening day vs. Liverpool: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Özil, Gnabry, Alexis, Asano, Welbeck, Giroud.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/758017566182895617

If Moreno were to sustain an injury which is not career ending but kept him out for two or three months I'd not be unhappy.

Am I bad?
    Yes if we don't get a new LB.

Meh, if we do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Am I bad?

Yes as he is statistically our second best player.

Also as of now we have no cover for him.

If we were to have cover and he was to get injured it wouldn't be the end of the world.

(A CB who can cover as a full back doesn't count)

• Advertisement

Bit of good news, maybe?

Players set to miss opening day vs. Liverpool: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Özil, Gnabry, Alexis, Asano, Welbeck, Giroud.

Crikey, imagine how long that list will be in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Yes if we don't get a new LB.

Meh, if we do.
    Yes as he is statistically our second best player.

Also as of now we have no cover for him.

If we were to have cover and he was to get injured it wouldn't be the end of the world.

(A CB who can cover as a full back doesn't count)

I presume Harry's point is that it would force Klopp to buy a new LB as a matter of urgency.

Milkers wrote: »
    I presume Harry's point is that it would force Klopp to buy a new LB as a matter of urgency.

I think he should be doing that anyway.

CoZT-IhW8AA_QNB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its a beast.

No wonder Sakho was sent home early the builders look to be slacking just look at the amount of seats they forgot to put in.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the media commentary facilities will be in the Main Stand or the Centenary. Is it in those rows at the top on the lower tier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sorry to be a spoilt sport lads but the arse has been torn out of that Sakho joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

The stand looks great, but the down side is it will make the other stands look even more prehistoric.

I wonder is it feasible that in the future it will be able to join up with the two stands at either end (should they be upgraded) closing off the corners and making it look alot more like a modern stadium?

And when is work set to start on the opposite stand?

Am I bad?

Yes. Wishing injury on a player is bad form.

rob316 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a spoilt sport lads but the arse has been torn out of that Sakho joke.

+1
    Still, it's better than most efforts

Also, regarding Moreno, if he isn't upgraded on that's not his fault. Rodgers dropped him for a right footed CB with no PL experience.

Moreno came back and put his heart into his performance es for us. He mightn't be good enough but he's a good egg IMO.

• Advertisement

The stand looks great, but the down side is it will make the other stands look even more prehistoric.

I wonder is it feasible that in the future it will be able to join up with the two stands at either end (should they be upgraded) closing off the corners and making it look alot more like a modern stadium?

And when is work set to start on the opposite stand?

Modern stadiums are rubbish, horrid bowl-like roundy nonsense, a football stadium should have four sides with roofing, corners and no screen.

The opposite (Centenary) stand isn't being expanded - ever. Anfield Road is the one with outline planning permission. Dunno when or if they'll start on that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Modern stadiums are rubbish, horrid bowl-like roundy nonsense, a football stadium should have four sides with roofing, corners and no screen.

The opposite (Centenary) stand isn't being expanded - ever. Anfield Road is the one with outline planning permission. Dunno when or if they'll start on that.

Work on the back end of the stand is to start in Oct/Nov this year and if I remember rightly will take 2 years to complete. Oh and the corners will still be there from the designs they had inside anfield. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Can't agree with you on modern stadiums, I love Symmetry, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

I was sure they had plans to up grade the opposite side that's very disappointing. Do you know what the expected capacity will be when all planned works are completed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can't agree with you on modern stadiums, I love Symmetry, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

I was sure they had plans to up grade the opposite side that's very disappointing. Do you know what the expected capacity will be when all planned works are completed?

To upgrade the opposite side they would need to buy a couple of rows of houses which would be pricey.

The capacity would also necessitate an increase in public transport infrastructure to cope with the demand peaks created by the club, which FSG would have to fund or certainly part fund, I doubt LCC would undertake it.

Augeo wrote: »
    +1
    Still, it's better than most efforts

Also, regarding Moreno, if he isn't upgraded on that's not his fault. Rodgers dropped him for a right footed CB with no PL experience.

Moreno came back and put his heart into his performance es for us. He mightn't be good enough but he's a good egg IMO.

Isn't that the problem though? He's all heart and absolutely no head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bit of good news, maybe?

Unfortunately they have the best players in the league for those positions to replace each of those best players in the league for those positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

That was Ejaria actually...

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Unfortunately they have the best players in the league for those positions to replace each of those best players in the league for those positions.

Until January when they're all ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

J Mysterio wrote: »

He didn't wish injury on him though, just that he wouldn't be unhappy....

Dickerty wrote: »
    That was Ejaria actually...

Borntobywilde's secret is out...he's actually Andre Marriner :eek:

NukaCola wrote: »

?

Isn't that the problem though? He's all heart and absolutely no head.

100%, but if he's not upgraded upon or if no one comes in to compete with him he's all we have and we can't really blame the lad for it. As someone mentioned a few times he's probably no worse than half the LBs in the PL.... presumably the expectation was he'd get better.

Am I bad?
    ?

You said wishing injury on a player was bad form, but Harry said he wouldn't be unhappy if Moreno was injured. At no point did he wish Moreno was injured.

Augeo wrote: »
    100%, but if he's not upgraded upon or if no one comes in to compete with him he's all we have and we can't really blame the lad for it. As someone mentioned a few times he's probably no worse than half the LBs in the PL.... presumably the expectation was he'd get better.

It's a strange one because he was highly rated(I think)when we bought him but he just seems to be getting worse.

You said wishing injury on a player was bad form, but Harry said he wouldn't be unhappy if Moreno was injured. At no point did he wish Moreno was injured.

Sure. Semantics.

It's a strange one because he was highly rated(I think)when we bought him but he just seems to be getting worse.

When we signed him he was part of an impressive Sevilla team that won the Europa League. He had 1 and a half good years in their first team. At 22 he was raw but looked like an exciting player. He did look a decent buy at the time.

He's now 24 and has not improved at all. He switches off and makes very rash decisions making him unpredictable, in a bad way.

Klopp obviously rates him but we need a LB badly as cover at the very least, I have no confidence in him but if he was injured we'd be in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Bit of good news, maybe?

Wenger is a master of deception, there's over two weeks to the game and he's already managing expectation. Last season they got taken apart by West Ham on the opening day because the Arsenal players weren't ready for a game where they would have to run around for 90 minutes. He knows that the game against Liverpool will be quite similar, Klopp will put out a team ready to play his heavy metal football.

• Advertisement

Sure. Semantics.

I wouldn't be unhappy if Moreno was injured. I dont actually wish he was though. There is a difference, to me anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement