Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sure. Semantics.

twaddle.jpg

Not semantics, just accurate use of the English language.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

You can see Sahko's personality in the way he plays. Not composed, over confident. Sometimes it works brilliantly for him, sometimes it blows up in his face.

If he went, I could live with it. Could we trust this guy to keep his cool in a seriously high pressure game? Mental weakness cost us the league with Rodgers. We folded like a pack of cards. We need that type of player and mentality out of the club.

If he wants to clown about, he can join the circus.

If he can change, great. If not, on yer bike.

Not this again... Folded like a pack of cards!!!!! Seriously cop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Not semantics, just accurate use of the English language.

Look, I dont really care, and getting into an argument about it is pretty stupid but to say you 'wouldnt be unhappy' if a player got injured (so another player would be signed) is wishing injury on that player. You knew that, thats why you said 'am I bad'. Anyway, whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So. Last nights game.

51 thousand people in attendance, each paying ludicrously expensive ticket prices, and battling oceans of traffic to get there...and Chelsea decided to be dicks about the whole thing.

As a team, they had no intention of actually going forward. Willian was the only exception, and everything he did, he pretty much had to do alone. The other option they halfheartedly tried was a looooong diagonal ball to Victory at left wing forward, but I think only 1 actually reached him - the rest went out for throws.

For a friendly. Christ, like, at least pretend to try to entertain. I can only imagine what they're going to be like once the competitive games start - feel sorry for Chelsea fans, they've got a lot of difficult watching ahead.

As far as 'pool were concerned, it was actually pretty hard to get much of an idea of anything really, since we had complete freedom in our half, and then just hit a brick wall as soon as we passed the halfway line.

Mane looked terrific though, strong, fast, made great runs. Firmino and Coutinho allllmost clicked a few times, but it didn't quite come off (again mostly from sheer numbers of blue shirts swarming around them). When it came down to it, we just couldn't break through.

Elsewhere, thought Grujic was poor enough to be honest, didn't offer much. Ejaria was the only one in midfield really getting into the game. Lots of one touch movements as he tried to create an opening in Chelsea's defensive wall. Grew into the game well, and was comfortable taking passes to feet, and laying it off, with a man on his back. Was surprised with the team though...reckon if Milner or Henderson had started instead of Grujic we might have had better luck, but that midfield trio of Ejaria, Grujic and Stewart were just too inexperienced together to make much happen.

All in all, disappointing result, good to see the lads though. most disappointing was Chelsea's attitude to the game though, doubt it'll have done their American marketing much good!

<side note> Americans are bloody obsessed with the diving thing! Every time anyone was knocked over they were screaming about it! ("this is america! get up!) Was like, christ, it's not always a dive lads. Even after Fabregas got sent off they were going nuts at Klavan for not getting up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    So. Last nights game.

51 thousand people in attendance, each paying ludicrously expensive ticket prices, and battling oceans of traffic to get there...and Chelsea decided to be dicks about the whole thing.

As a team, they had no intention of actually going forward. Willian was the only exception, and everything he did, he pretty much had to do alone. The other option they halfheartedly tried was a looooong diagonal ball to Victory at left wing forward, but I think only 1 actually reached him - the rest went out for throws.

For a friendly. Christ, like, at least pretend to try to entertain. I can only imagine what they're going to be like once the competitive games start - feel sorry for Chelsea fans, they've got a lot of difficult watching ahead.

As far as 'pool were concerned, it was actually pretty hard to get much of an idea of anything really, since we had complete freedom in our half, and then just hit a brick wall as soon as we passed the halfway line.

Mane looked terrific though, strong, fast, made great runs. Firmino and Coutinho allllmost clicked a few times, but it didn't quite come off (again mostly from sheer numbers of blue shirts swarming around them). When it came down to it, we just couldn't break through.

Elsewhere, thought Grujic was poor enough to be honest, didn't offer much. Ejaria was the only one in midfield really getting into the game. Lots of one touch movements as he tried to create an opening in Chelsea's defensive wall. Grew into the game well, and was comfortable taking passes to feet, and laying it off, with a man on his back. Was surprised with the team though...reckon if Milner or Henderson had started instead of Grujic we might have had better luck, but that midfield trio of Ejaria, Grujic and Stewart were just too inexperienced together to make much happen.

All in all, disappointing result, good to see the lads though. most disappointing was Chelsea's attitude to the game though, doubt it'll have done their American marketing much good!

<side note> Americans are bloody obsessed with the diving thing! Every time anyone was knocked over they were screaming about it! ("this is america! get up!) Was like, christ, it's not always a dive lads. Even after Fabregas got sent off they were going nuts at Klavan for not getting up

Let's not get carried away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

To be fair to him, Turkey's gone to **** and not many fancy heading over. Mario Gomez just left having been a hero there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

To be fair who the fcuk would want to go to Turkey with what is going on there no amount of money is worth being somewhere that politically unstable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I wouldn't hold that one against him. No one in their right mind would go to Turkey atm.

Snap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I wouldn't like to see a player injured but moreno could definitely do with a few fat burners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I just want him gone, toxic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Balotelli i assume ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Erdogan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I think he's holding out for a hero 'til the morning light.

Mario-Balotelli-Pokemon-GO-589x1024.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nah he's more like Magikarp. He does absolutely fcuk all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

I wouldn't hold that one against him. No one in their right mind would go to Turkey atm.

So why didn't he go??

So why didn't he go??

Heh heh. That thought was going through my mind as I was typing it.

Balotelli is crazy not mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It seems we are now looking at Lyon fullback Jordy Gaspar.

The endless summer of hunting for a fullback continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

martyos121 wrote: »
    he's more like Magikarp.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't blame Balotelli for not wanting to go to Turkey atm.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Wouldn't blame Balotelli for not wanting to go to Turkey atm.

Yea, ham is nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

West ham throwing their europa league qualifier. I'd love if we were in it this season again immensely enjoyable last season even though we lost the final.

To be fair they might just not be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

sword1 wrote: »
    Erdogan ?

I dont get that :/ whats d joke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

NukaCola wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Says the guy with the username based on a pretend video game drink. :pac:

• Advertisement

West Ham, getting knocked out of the Europa League to focus on qualifying for the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Jurgen Klopp may have spent £70million on new players this summer, but the Liverpool manager claims he'd walk away from the game if money ever becomes all that decided success or failure on the pitch.

With arch-rivals Manchester United set to shell out a world-record £100m or more on Paul Pogba alone, Manchester City ready to buy defender John Stones from neighbours Everton for £50m and Chelsea no strangers to big money transfer fees, Kop boss Klopp knows he has to build a team not just buy one.

And that suits him just fine.

“Other clubs can go out and spend more money and collect top players, yes,” he explained. “But if you bring one player in for £100million or whatever, and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney.

Do I have to do it differently to that? Actually, I want to do it differently. I would even do it differently if I could spend that money.

“I want a special team spirit – I don’t feel it is necessary, I want it.

You can’t say at the end, 'Only 11 best players will play together and let’s see what happens.' The day that this is football, I’m not in a job anymore. Because the game is about playing together.

“That is why somebody invented passes — so these players can play together. It’s not about running with the ball because you can do it all the time.

"But building the group is not my unique idea, it is necessary to be successful in football.”

Klopp freely admits he himself has spent relatively large amounts of money since arriving at Anfield, including the most he’s ever spent on a single player in splashing out £30m on Southampton forward Sadio Mane .

You can forget about Liverpool & Klopp making 50m+ signings or paying 200-300k in wages for a player. I have every faith we will be succesful with Klopp's philosophy . It's clear he believes he can develop players like he has done previously.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-jurgen-klopp-would-quit-8513204

€50m will soon be the price for average players.

Sterling going for €60m and with Pogba and Higuain going for the guts of €100m and none of them would be considered in the top 5/6 players in the world.

Clubs spending €50m on a player will regular enough in the next couple of seasons.

Can't agree with you on modern stadiums, I love Symmetry, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

I was sure they had plans to up grade the opposite side that's very disappointing. Do you know what the expected capacity will be when all planned works are completed?

Round 54,000 for this season. 59,000 if the Anfield Road end gets done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's all rather obsence and the players and clubs can do all the charity work and raise as much awareness of issues as they want but they're hypocrites, the lot.

Anyway, can't wait for the charity/community shield!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Good news everyone!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-boss-klopp-preparing-11678255

Klopp to abandon left back search and use James Milner there as cover instead.

Ffs.

I'm taking this with a rather large scoop of salt, mind, as the story is notably lacking in quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good news everyone!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-boss-klopp-preparing-11678255

Ffs.

I'm taking this with a rather large scoop of salt, mind, as the story is notably lacking in quotes.

I think there is a strong possibility that that's exactly what will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

€50m will soon be the price for average players.

Sterling going for €60m and with Pogba and Higuain going for the guts of €100m and none of them would be considered in the top 5/6 players in the world.

Clubs spending €50m on a player will regular enough in the next couple of seasons.

It will be until sky customers reach a price point that becomes unacceptable and switch off. Once that happens the arse will fall out of the market. It makes no sense why a top player can be picked up for a Italian or French or German club for €30m but the average player are the same price in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Good news everyone!

Ffs.

I wish Moreno was the cover.

How hard is it to buy a left back? There's hundreds, possibly thousands of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Damien360 wrote: »
    It will be until sky customers reach a price point that becomes unacceptable and switch off. Once that happens the arse will fall out of the market. It makes no sense why a top player can be picked up for a Italian or French or German club for €30m but the average player are the same price in the UK.

Sky customers won't switch off though as long as the league remains interesting and exciting.

I have been hearing the same argument for 30 years about transfer fees and for the last 20 about Sky's money and how it won't last.
    Each new TV deal brings shock and remarks that the they won't sustain it and 3 years later the next deal is higher and transfer fees go up.

Damien360 wrote: »

It won't happen anytime soon though just today Sky released the below.

Sky profits rose by 12% and they added 800k new customers across Europe.

Sky is now a pan-European company.
    Sky has said the UK’s Brexit vote is unlikely to hurt it financially as it reported that full-year operating profit rose by 12% to a record £1.56bn.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jul/28/sky-brexit-profits-revenues-uk-ireland

Good news everyone!

Ffs.

Needs more...

vhyfxm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If it keeps him out of the centre of midfield...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Good news everyone!

Ffs.

Inspired! Intelligent player who can actually deliver a killer cross.

Kolarov would be a good signing if he he leaving City for peanuts. Moreno might learn something from him.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sky customers won't switch off though as long as the league remains interesting and exciting.

I have been hearing the same argument for 30 years about transfer fees and for the last 20 about Sky's money and how it won't last.
    Each new TV deal brings shock and remarks that the they won't sustain it and 3 years later the next deal is higher and transfer fees go up.

Mobdro & streams etc are a potential issue though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kolarov would be a good signing if he he leaving City for peanuts. Moreno might learn something from him.

1 brainless left back is enough. Kolarov was only good for his left foot that was it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Augeo wrote: »
    Mobdro & streams etc are a potential issue though.

I'm going to stick with reddit/soccer streams.

It was well worth it last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Delighted we have a manager with such common sense.

http://www.football365.com/news/klopp-do-you-really-think-i-would-sell-sakho

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement