Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ojo skips a holiday to join up with team in states. He's keen.

A lone striker will have no choice but to drop back for the ball at times. Klopp wants a fluid, interchanging front 3/4, the striker dropping back at times can be a good thing if the other players have an eye for goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not having a go at you specificallly Je_suis_Jean but I really wish users of this forum would stop asking for a link to the source of the information they are reading, it would be helpful to everyone to learn to search in Google or in this case Twitter and a good practice to adopt as the original source was just a rumour at the time.

Mini rant over 😭

..it really is useful though, as someone's comment is only half the information we need.

Saying where the info came from gives context to the info itself. It's just common sense.

It's the difference between "I heard that Sakho is leaving", and "I heard from Klopp that Sakho is leaving". One inherently carries more weight than the other.

Just watching the highlights of the Chelsea game that disallowed Firmino was a nice bit of forward play and skill.

Looking forward to see a lot more of that kind of link up.

Hopefully we will start a forward who looks to head for goal instead of one looking at dropping back looking for the ball.

Best bit of play of the match. I didn't spot the flag, and stood up yelling and going nuts like a langer. The Chelsea lads sitting in front of me gave me plenty of **** for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I doubt Ejaria will be playing many Prem games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I doubt Ejaria will be playing many Prem games though.

Probably not but Klopp does like throwing players in at the deep end so he might get cup games.

I think Ings and Origi are the kind of forward running forwards that will do the job for us linking up in attack compared to the forward players who drop back looking for the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ..it really is useful though, as someone's comment is only half the information we need.

Saying where the info came from gives context to the info itself. It's just common sense.

It's the difference between "I heard that Sakho is leaving", and "I heard from Klopp that Sakho is leaving". One inherently carries more weight than the other.

He said Twitter, surely that's enough.

Anderson Talisca who we have been linked over the last few weeks is about to join Wolves for £20m I think that shows how batsh1t crazy the transfer market has got.

I think Ings and Origi are the kind of forward running forwards that will do the job for us linking up in attack compared to the forward players who drop back looking for the ball.

8th place it is so, at best.

It seems you're upset over the 10 is not equal to 12 issue, chuckle chuckle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Katie's out for 8-10 weeks with a broken hand = gutted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Katie? KATIE? KATIE?

Someone is on their phone....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Katie and yourself must have had a long night last night if the result is a severe hand injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

marno21 wrote: »
    Katie and yourself must have had a long night last night if the result is a severe hand injury.

AH lads katie is my baby sisters name...

Stupid phone. Tho tbh I'd nearly injure my hand spending the night with a picture of karius' hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

AH lads katie is my baby sisters name...

Stupid phone. Tho tbh I'd nearly injure my hand spending the night with a picture of karius' hair.

Or his woman:

Loris_Karius_girlfriend_Annelie_Alpert_photos.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »
    Or his woman:

Needs a Burritozilla, stat. Paging Dr Fowler...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »
    Or his woman:

Needs a Burritozilla, stat. Paging Dr Fowler...

He said Twitter, surely that's enough.

Twitter's a medium, not a source. It's like saying "i read on the internet that..."

If something comes from, say Tony Barrett's account, or the BBC, I'm far more likely to pay attention to it than if it's from @johnnydopefiend9723's account.

Context is important when it comes to news and information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I have been so far removed this summer from Liverpool what with the Euro's and LOI etc, i hardly know who Karius is to be truly gutted. Mignolet would have started anyway.

All i've really seen so far is Fabregas's arsehole of a tackle and Ings' goal against Tranmere.

I keep hearing Pogba's name and apparently Higuain went for 90 million which i still truly fail to understand.

Gutted about Katie. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So much for an relatively lucky season injury-wise. Not even started yet and half the defense has gone down.

Same old same old.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

At least Klopp seems very happy with his tools I'll take that as the sign of a man who knows how to use his tools the right way.

Twitter's a medium, not a source. It's like saying "i read on the internet that..."

If something comes from, say Tony Barrett's account, or the BBC, I'm far more likely to pay attention to it than if it's from @johnnydopefiend9723's account.

He said he read a rumour on Twitter. That's all it was. Turned out to be true this time.
    People just see this by scanning Twitter and seeing numerous tweets saying the same thing.
    I don't see why a curious boards poster can't then go,to Twitter and search "Karius" and check for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

This'll be the making of Mignolet now! Heroic performances against Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton to put Liverpool on a run and into 1st early on.

He said he read a rumour on Twitter. That's all it was. Turned out to be true this time.
    People just see this by scanning Twitter and seeing numerous tweets saying the same thing.
    I don't see why a curious boards poster can't then go,to Twitter and search "Karius" and check for themselves.

Because its cool of the person sharing the news to share it here. Slapping the url into your comment doesnt hurt and it contributes to the forum.

If everyone had your attitude we might aswell use google for something other than Boards.ie.

Je_suis_Jean's point, which you took him up on, was clearly not about that comment in particular though, and was just a general request that people include their source.

yes, each individual person can indeed go off and do a search themselves - but seeing as the person who posted it already knows where they read it, and indeed very likely have the source to hand when they post, they could simply share it and we're all better off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Check mate! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

To be fair, I nearly broke my hand looking at Karius' missus as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I read the new third kit colour is 'toxic green'. I was expecting 'Lilt vomit' to be honest.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »
    I read the new third kit colour is 'toxic green'. I was expecting 'Lilt vomit' to be honest.

Will we be the Toxic Avengers when we play in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Will we be the Toxic Avengers when we play in it?

Maybe if we sign Iain Dowie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Because all rumours have a source and it would be helpful for the one person announcing the rumour here to quote that source (regardless of whether the medium is Twitter, TV or a newspaper) rather than for everyone here to have to go search for it. It's just common courtesy to your fellow LFC supporters but perhaps that sort of courtesy isn't so common or is trumped by the desire of the poster to be cool ITK 😞

😞

What's this thing that keeps popping up? Sorry if asked already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

It's an emojii symbol which translates into that nonsense when posted. Must remember to not use emojii's when posting from my phone.

Charlie19 wrote: »

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ah, just thought it was yet another 'thing' that only I didn't get. Emojis, eh? A great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Whatever they're smoking over there at the Emirates... I think Klopp got his hands on some.

Emojis when added from a phone appear like that for some reason.

• Advertisement

Because all rumours have a source and it would be helpful for the one person announcing the rumour here to quote that source (regardless of whether the medium is Twitter, TV or a newspaper) rather than for everyone here to have to go search for it. It's just common courtesy to your fellow LFC supporters but perhaps that sort of courtesy isn't so common or is trumped by the desire of the poster to be cool ITK 😞

I'm obviously clearly in the minority on this but my opinion is that the poster saw various tweets saying the same thing and mentioned here. He was not referring to one tweet by one journalist. So it's easy then to go look up your self as you're looking at multiple tweets and not searching for a specific article by a specific journalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Anderson Talisca who we have been linked over the last few weeks is about to join Wolves for £20m I think that shows how batsh1t crazy the transfer market has got.

The headline on the BBC site the other day was
    "Wolves beat Liverpool to Talisca signing", don't know whether it's true or not but was depressing to read.

Karius' injury is fairly deflating from a supporters viewpoint, if Mig' has a sh1tter in any of the opening games or appears to be in a trough formwise the season will be starting on a low note......... I mentioned Thurs/Fri that if all we were worrying about was Moreno as the season went on we'd be having a good season :(

Mig worries me more than Moreno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Only 2 weeks left, just 2 weeks before we can talk about actual football again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Klopp doing that sturridge dance has cheered me up after hearing about karius being injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Roanmore wrote: »
    "Wolves beat Liverpool to Talisca signing", don't know whether it's true or not but was depressing to read.

If your getting depressed by that headline you should step away from the internet dude

• Advertisement

I was more likely to sign Talisca, LFC were no more interested in this fella than Paul Pogba. It was a classic case of an agent drumming up interest. The story was a story for about 24 hours (ie one transfer window news cycle), now it makes a good headline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Makes a nice headline and that's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

2 weeks
    Hopefully we will hear the word ''good'' a lot
    Hard to beat the word good when spoke by a German.

What crazy hour of the morning are we playing tonight/tomorrow?

Edit ok found it 3am.

What crazy hour of the morning are we playing tonight/tomorrow?

Edit ok found it 3am.

Horrible time. Its just early enough to be tempting while being just late enough to be a bad idea.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement