Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Barney Ronay was just doing his usual BS for effect and lots of posts below the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sakho was poor until the turn of the year at least, even fans of him got worried it wasn't a short term thing.

We don't know how long Sakho was taking them.

The Guardian is taking a zero tolerance approach for club and player. I think allowing 1 player to get banned, and it not affecting the club is fair enough because it is a team sport.

If 2 players get caught over a season, bigger questions need to be asked and it starts becoming a club issue.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The rules are the rules, and LFC even went above and beyond what they require by suspending the player in advance of UEFA doing so. Sakho will be punished in accordance with those rules. If people want the rules changed for seasons to come, take it up with UEFA. Contrarian-for-pay Barnay Ronay and the Manchester Guardian are free to do so, or not, or fling themselves into a slow-burning chemical fire, for all it matters to this season.

Seems to be less than fair but the rules and sanctions would be deemed both apt and appropriate respectively. A linesman getting a decision wrong isn't fair either etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    Yeah, when he reckons he isn't fit.

Seems to be a lot,doesn't it?

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    will Coutinho play Sunday lads?

Probably not. He'll be kept back for next Thursday.
    Add your reply here.

No but might play saturday when liverpool are playing swansea

Playing Swansea on Sunday at midday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

quarryman wrote: »
    But is that fair on other teams?

It would be different if Sakho was sitting on the bench or even a less influential player. But he has been outstanding over the last few months. His work rate has been phenomenal and has certainly made the difference in preventing conceding a goal in a few games. Who's to say if Liverpool would be at this point in the Europa League had he not been there. They wouldn't have had the goal he scored against Dortmund, for a start.

So other (clean) teams have lost out due to him (allegedly) cheating. Comparing it to another player taking cocaine is not like for like. Assuming he is found guilty then he intentionally used performance enhancing drugs that benefited him and the club. This line from the Guardian article sums it up :

including scoring a vital late drug-assisted equaliser against Borussia Dortmund. At the end of which Liverpool – who have acted commendably throughout all this – still have a decent chance of drug‑assisted silverware, and beyond that a drug‑assisted place in next season’s Champions League.

Note: This post will no doubt have some childish reply from TurtyTurd and possibly others. I'm posting it to continue the debate. Anyone who wants to reply without that intention then please don't bother.

You get the response your posts deserve. Quit whinging

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nalz wrote: »
    will Coutinho play Sunday lads?

Probably not. He'll be kept back for next Thursday.
    Add your reply here.

No but might play saturday when liverpool are playing swansea

Playing Swansea on Sunday at midday.
    Add your reply here.
    BT Sports were advertising during last night game for saturday. I did think it was strange

Seems to be a lot,doesn't it?

If only Sturridge had a Sturridge to improve his performance like he does for the rest of the team.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You get the response your posts deserve. Quit whinging

I don't think his posts deserve any response tbh.

• Advertisement

Add your reply here.
    BT Sports were advertising during last night game for saturday. I did think it was strange

What's the "Add reply here" thing all about? Boards going a bit mad again?

If only Sturridge had a Sturridge to improve his performance like he does for the rest of the team.

I've got a headache and a sentence like that does nothing to improve it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What's the "Add reply here" thing all about? Boards going a bit mad again?

If your using the new site that comes up automatically, your meant to delete it and then type your text. Not a fan of the new site I'll be sticking with the legacy one for now.

rob316 wrote: »
    If your using the new site that comes up automatically, your meant to delete it and then type your text. Not a fan of the new site I'll be sticking with the legacy one for now.

Really?? :eek:

That's mental.

That's mental.
    Add your reply here.

That's mental.
    Add your reply here.

Actually its just if you quote a post, still ****ing annoying though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

From the Anfield Wrap FB,

“Next week is a final and we have to give everything to try to smash this team. You can tell that they are really, really happy but I’m saving the memory of their happiness up for next week. I like that. I like to see how happy they are right now."

Kolo Toure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

remember simeone got banned for throwing a ball on the pitch last week to stop play when the opposing team were attacking?

well from the replays half the villareal team and all the coaching staff were on the pitch as they neared our goal when they scored ,well onto the pitch

Thought it was do with an app or some new fangled thing like that, was going on pre the new site anyway.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

remember simeone got banned for throwing a ball on the pitch last week to stop play when the opposing team were attacking?

well from the replays half the villareal team and all the coaching staff were on the pitch as they neared our goal when they scored ,well onto the pitch

Ye'll get that in footie, in fairness. Sometimes it's even all of them, the ****ers.

jebidiah wrote: »
    From the Anfield Wrap FB,

“Next week is a final and we have to give everything to try to smash this team. You can tell that they are really, really happy but I’m saving the memory of their happiness up for next week. I like that. I like to see how happy they are right now."

Kolo Toure.

You gotta love Kolo, that's some quote. I hope we hang onto him for another season, great character but has been very reliable when called upon.

• Advertisement

Ah, airport scoops, can't be bate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Add your reply here.

Add your reply here.

Actually its just if you quote a post, still ****ing annoying though

Add your reply here.

Where else would I be adding it? If you can't figure out where to put your reply you should not be using the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Add your insensitive trolling rant here.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

8-10 wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Where else would I be adding it? If you can't figure out where to put your reply you should not be using the forum.

The world to come...

200w.gif

corwill wrote: »
    Ah, airport scoops, can't be bate.

Said that Cork DJ guy.

Liverpool U18s final game is being broadcast live on youtube , not sure of the linking protocol so just search for it on the site.

Kelleher
    Alex-Arnold Parker Whelan Lewis
    Coyle
    Kane- Ejaria
    Phillips
    Lennon-Woodburn

Atherton, Masterson, Owens, Alves, T.Gomes

Herbie Kane 1-0, Great goal

1-1 soft goal, free header :rolleyes:

1-2 lovely goal, Adam Phillips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is he one of our own :D

The U18s have quite an Irish (south and north) component these days - Kelleher, Masterson, Whelan, Coyle

Cracking first half ends with Liverpool not scoring twice in quick succession! Some lovely play featuring Philips, Ejaria and Woodburn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It would be different if Sakho was sitting on the bench or even a less influential player. But he has been outstanding over the last few months. His work rate has been phenomenal and has certainly made the difference in preventing conceding a goal in a few games. Who's to say if Liverpool would be at this point in the Europa League had he not been there. They wouldn't have had the goal he scored against Dortmund, for a start.

So other (clean) teams have lost out due to him (allegedly) cheating. Comparing it to another player taking cocaine is not like for like. Assuming he is found guilty then he intentionally used performance enhancing drugs that benefited him and the club. This line from the Guardian article sums it up :

including scoring a vital late drug-assisted equaliser against Borussia Dortmund. At the end of which Liverpool – who have acted commendably throughout all this – still have a decent chance of drug‑assisted silverware, and beyond that a drug‑assisted place in next season’s Champions League.

Note: This post will no doubt have some childish reply from TurtyTurd and possibly others. I'm posting it to continue the debate. Anyone who wants to reply without that intention then please don't bother.
    And you know that for certain, do you?

Gave a quick spin to an alternate reality and saw that?

Well, how about this, then. If he allegedly wasn't on PEDs, he may have been too tired/slow to get back into defence a few times and when Liverpool won the ball in midfield, he was on hand to slot it into the net.

Three times!

Hat-trick hero!!

I like this alt-reality game, can we play some more?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Liverpool U18s final game is being broadcast live on youtube , not sure of the linking protocol so just search for it on the site.

Kelleher
    Alex-Arnold Parker Whelan Lewis
    Coyle
    Kane- Ejaria
    Phillips
    Lennon-Woodburn

Atherton, Masterson, Owens, Alves, T.Gomes

1-1 soft goal, free header :rolleyes:

1-2 lovely goal, Adam Phillips

2-2

FT 2-2 I'm raging! :D

Liverpool created more chances than they had any right to against the best team in the age group by a distance. Yet the Chelsea keeper Baxter had a worldie as is so often the way. Of course the other way you could look at it is that the finishing just wasn't quite sharp or accurate enough. In truth it's somewhere in the middle - behind the strikers Liverpool were frequently sublime with Adam Philips doing his best Xabi Alonso impression. He'll be in the U21s next season for sure and Ejaria too I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Do our scouts know what to look for in defenders at all!! Or are the coaches able to work with defenders at all. From u18's right up to the senior squad we seem to defend poorly as a team and are prone to conceding silly goals.

And you know that for certain, do you?

Gave a quick spin to an alternate reality and saw that?

Well, how about this, then. If he allegedly wasn't on PEDs, he may have been too tired/slow to get back into defence a few times and when Liverpool won the ball in midfield, he was on hand to slot it into the net.

Three times!

Hat-trick hero!!

I like this alt-reality game, can we play some more?:pac:

Do one where Leeds are relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Messi took HGH when he was developing. Every single Barca victory since then should be tainted regardless of the contributions of Xavi and ineista. Strip them of it all. Same goes for Maradonna too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Daniel Sturridge has admitted it is “hard to take” when he is left out or substituted by Jurgen Klopp as he wants to play every minute.

The striker was an unused substitute in Thursday’s Europa League defeat to Villarreal and has been in the starting line-up in just three of the last seven games.

After an injury-hit season the England forward is now fully fit and told the Mirror: “Maybe people don’t see this, but I am someone who wants to play every minute of every match, so maybe when I’m not starting or when I’m taken off, it’s hard to take.

“You want to be on the pitch every single match, every single minute.

“It’s exciting, of course, what the manager is bringing and where we are heading. I am doing everything in my power to be out there on the pitch, and I am feeling good as well.”

There are things I want to achieve with Liverpool. I would never say I am Liverpool until I die, because I would be lying.

“I think any player who says ‘oh yeah, this is the only team I will play for, for the rest of my life’, they are deluded. In football every team looks for replacements every single year.

“So for myself all I can do every weekend is go out there, perform as well as I can, perform to the best of my abilities, and then come the end of the season hopefully have the European Championships to look forward to…and to next year

For a player to say this who played with Carragher & Gerrard is strange imo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-sturridge-being-11265575

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-sturridge-being-11265575

How so? He's pointing out that saying it as a matter of fact is silly to say the least. It happens sometimes bit even in your examples Gerrard was close to leaving years ago. All it takes is a change of manager and everything can change overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Messi took HGH when he was developing. Every single Barca victory since then should be tainted regardless of the contributions of Xavi and ineista. Strip them of it all. Same goes for Maradonna too.

HGH is approved for children with a growth hormone deficiency to be fair so it's pointless comparing illegal with legal. Sahko should be severely punished for sheer stupidity though

It's a can of worms, on one hand it's incredibly unfair to teams that go out of a tournament to a team with actual proven PED using player whether you believe the sport is riddled or not, I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot you all would be angry, it without a doubt alters the course of a tournament. It also would be unfair to punish the club of the player if they didn't know but then ignorance isn't a great excuse either and maybe in house tests should forcibly conducted a lot more frequently as then clubs can't really deny not knowing if a player is on something when they are caught. Getting caught is a rare occurrence anyhow, there could be a hundred players in the PL on PEDs getting away with it every week with the help of a good doctor, Sahko is just a scapegoat stupid enough to get caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

He's just paraphrasing what Klopp has said. Whatever the length of the contract signed with the club, to him every player is contracted for a year and if they don't perform or fit his plans, good luck to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

That's unfair. Stevie and Carra were born and bred in Liverpool. We have to accept that other players don't have the connection of either growing up in the city or supporting them since childhood. Just imagine you were a pro playing for (random choice) Arsenal. If you weren't winning title after title, would you be 100% tied down to the club for your career, through thick and thin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That's unfair. Stevie and Carra were born and bred in Liverpool. We have to accept that other players don't have the connection of either growing up in the city or supporting them since childhood. Just imagine you were a pro playing for (random choice) Arsenal. If you weren't winning title after title, would you be 100% tied down to the club for your career, through thick and thin?

Indeed, I mean, how many of us are that loyal to our employers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Indeed, I mean, how many of us are that loyal to our employers?

It works both ways.

I was listening to Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday and he's convinced the owners want rid of Sturridge. Mainly because of his high wages, especially when you take into consideration how many games he plays.

Thomo kept referring to the money ball strategy and how Sturridge doesn't suit the FSG model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Said it the other day. Feel Kloop doesn't fancy Sturridge. He would be happy to move him on. Build the attack around Origi, Firmino and an other ( obviously Benteke is a non runner)

Danny seems to be fit and is scoring so no reason not to play him l, unless the manager doesn't fancy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He is 100% right sturridge..but for somone so injury prone he should have followed it up with ..

"Obviously with my injury record the staff feel this is the best way to proceed with me,and hey it seems to be working"

Hate when players are so blinded by their own wants

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I read quotes from Klopp about not playing Sturridge the other night and it was a tactical one.
    The team was shifting between 3 formations, a thing which Klopp has done before during a match with the players that were on the pitch. Sturridge has never played with them while they are doing that so Klopp was worried that might upset the balance of the formation.
    The other comments I read from Klopp on Sturridge is that he thinks he is amazing. But needs to be slowly brought back from injury. I have no reason to doubt that as Klopp doesn't f*ck about with what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Managers live or die by their decisions. It's HT in the tie. If we get to the final, not a soul will remember that Sturridge didn't play in the first leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We are being linked with Timo Horn again today.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I read quotes from Klopp about not playing Sturridge the other night and it was a tactical one.
    The team was shifting between 3 formations, a thing which Klopp has done before during a match with the players that were on the pitch. Sturridge has never played with them while they are doing that so Klopp was worried that might upset the balance of the formation.
    The other comments I read from Klopp on Sturridge is that he thinks he is amazing. But needs to be slowly brought back from injury. I have no reason to doubt that as Klopp doesn't f*ck about with what he says.

I doubt what he says about Sturridge. I think it's very clear there is an issue between them. I hope they sort it out and Sturridge is on board next season but if Klopp wants something different then I'll have to accept that. I'd really loathe to lose a player of that quality though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Ah, come on!

It's alt-reality not fantasy, ffs.:p

Said it the other day. Feel Kloop doesn't fancy Sturridge. He would be happy to move him on. Build the attack around Origi, Firmino and an other ( obviously Benteke is a non runner)

Danny seems to be fit and is scoring so no reason not to play him l, unless the manager doesn't fancy him.

Klopp is more about the team than the individual. Sturridge is a great goal scorer but isn't the best at the pressing and tracking back side of things. Firmino is having a bad run atm but always works hard. Same can be said for Coutinho,Lalanna and Origi. Benteke doesn't like the pressing side of things either and he's not getting a lot of game time...I don't think it's a coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Why?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement