Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Floodgates...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Surprised he didn't throw the flag on the pitch given he's an American. He's probably miss the pitch though the blind fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

8-10 wrote: »
    Floodgates...

Pimp celebration

Firmino with a couple of filthy moments. Slow start last season but hope he hits the ground running this time around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wouldn't have took the evens bet on looking at the side that won it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

- - : - - : - - Origi / Sturridge
    - - : - - - : - - : -Firmino

Coutinho/ Lallana - - : - - Mane/ Markovic

- - Can/ Grujic - : - Henderson/ Wijnaldum - -

Moreno - Klavan/ Sakho - Lovren/ Matip - Clyne

- - : - - : - - : - - Mignolet - - : - - : - - : - -

Manninger
    Ings
    Stewart
    Milner

J Mysterio wrote: »
    - - : - - : - - Origi / Sturridge
    - - : - - - : - - : -Firmino

Coutinho/ Lallana - - : - - Mane/ Markovic

- - Can/ Grujic - : - Henderson/ Wijnaldum - -

Moreno - Klavan/ Sakho - Lovren/ Matip - Clyne

- - : - - : - - : - - Mignolet - - : - - : - - : - -

Manninger
    Ings
    Stewart
    Milner

Karius is missing there

I would think Ojo is ahead of Markovic at this stage. I know I'm always the Debbie Downer on him but again this morning there was nothing from him suggesting he's got the required quality. Ojo had the one bad touch that Klopp rollicked him for but overall I think he gives us more from the bench.

Also who was Klopp having a real go at just after halftime? Anyone know? Heard him screaming "what are you doing" at someone but couldn't tell who, my guess would be Klavan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Looks like Lucas will be leaving sometime this week. Mad to think that he is still only 29, been around since the days when Benitez was our manager!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/694966/Liverpool-Lucas-Leiva-Galatasaray-Rumours-Transfer-News-Gossip-Contract-Jurgen-Klopp-News

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Surprised he's considering going to turkey with what's going on there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

klose wrote: »
    Surprised he's considering going to turkey with what's going on there at the moment.

I'm guessing being a big fish over there rather than a bit player here is more appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How did Wijnaldum get on? How did Milner fare at LB?

I have seeing centre midfielders leaving with not a lot coming in in that position.

Definitely an area where we need some upgrades

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Vicxas wrote: »
    How did Wijnaldum get on? How did Milner fare at LB?
    Both had very quiet games, Milan offered practically nothing going forward, in the second half Milner did get moved around a bit and didn't put a foot wrong in any position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Okay I just read this so called match commentary and I have no fecking idea what the final score was. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Okay I just read this so called match commentary and I have no fecking idea what the final score was. :mad:

We won 2-0. Origi and Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It felt like at some point Milan just said "Fk this we're not playing anymore". Saying that some of our counter attacks were lightening quick.

Markovic is very frustrating to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'm liking Origi more every time I watch him play......getting better and better.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Saw highlights there and we were pretty comfortable, origis goal was a nice finish and ojo is certainly staking his claim to be knocking about the first team for next season. Milan though, what a fall from grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Any link to highlights or is it just on LFC tv?

mav79 wrote: »
    Both had very quiet games, Milan offered practically nothing going forward, in the second half Milner did get moved around a bit and didn't put a foot wrong in any position.

He was a bit awkward looking passing the ball from LB back across the back 4. Just routine stuff but it just looks a bit weird when using a right foot to do that. But having said that I couldn't fault him. Think he'll likely cover both fullback slots this year.

Milan were awful going forward but I really enjoyed watching their defence work. They get back and in the right positions at ease. Looked more tired than us in the 2nd half but 1st half there was a lot of good work by them defensively. Don't think they had a single shot on target all game though.

Really encouraging game. I think it all clicked pretty well in both halves. Henderson looked good, Klavan looked solid with Lovren. Sturridge looked a yard of pace behind the rest but he's only just back in training. Origi was excellent.

I watched the highlights of the Chelsea game which gave me no desire to watch the full thing, but if people were thinking of watching extended highlights or the full game against Milan I would say it's not a waste even if you know the score. I'd watch the last 10/15mins of the first half and first 30mins of the 2nd if you want to get a good sense of how we set up on each half without watching the full thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Decent win but again wouldn't over analyse or read too much into a pre season friendly.
    Especially against a poor Milan side.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Decent win but again wouldn't over analyse or read too much into a pre season friendly.
    Especially against a poor Milan side.

Voronin was a big hit one pre season iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looking forward to seeing Origi and Firmino as our attacking two this season both direct and always running towards the goal.

Also Milian are useless any team that has Suso as a regular first teamer really isn't going to a force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

8-10 wrote: »
    He was a bit awkward looking passing the ball from LB back across the back 4. Just routine stuff but it just looks a bit weird when using a right foot to do that. But having said that I couldn't fault him. Think he'll likely cover both fullback slots this year.

Milan were awful going forward but I really enjoyed watching their defence work. They get back and in the right positions at ease. Looked more tired than us in the 2nd half but 1st half there was a lot of good work by them defensively. Don't think they had a single shot on target all game though.

Really encouraging game. I think it all clicked pretty well in both halves. Henderson looked good, Klavan looked solid with Lovren. Sturridge looked a yard of pace behind the rest but he's only just back in training. Origi was excellent.

I watched the highlights of the Chelsea game which gave me no desire to watch the full thing, but if people were thinking of watching extended highlights or the full game against Milan I would say it's not a waste even if you know the score. I'd watch the last 10/15mins of the first half and first 30mins of the 2nd if you want to get a good sense of how we set up on each half without watching the full thing

Sorry but I really think again this is over analysis and reading far too much into a training match.

Looking forward to seeing Origi and Firmino as our attacking two this season both direct and always running towards the goal.

Also Milian are useless any team that has Suso as a regular first teamer really isn't going to a force.

With Origi, Mane and even Ojo there is a constant threat on the counter with Firmino and Couthino supplying them.
    Markovic and Lallana are frustrating to watch though, every attack slows right down. Markovic has huge potential but looks afraid to take anyone on, constantly dropping deep and moving in-field and seems afraid to take a shot.

Will Ojo be part of 1st teams plans this season?

Looks like Lucas will be leaving sometime this week. Mad to think that he is still only 29, been around since the days when Benitez was our manager!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/694966/Liverpool-Lucas-Leiva-Galatasaray-Rumours-Transfer-News-Gossip-Contract-Jurgen-Klopp-News

A case of believe it when it happens, the chap has been rumoured to leave most transfer windows over the last while.

Politics aside, you'd think he'd get a better gig than Turkey.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I'd be happier seeing him come off the bench before Lallana and Markovic at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Looks like it hasn't been decided yet, and that Football365 desperately need a proofreader.

Long-term future at Liverpool, short-term "we'll have to see".
    But Klopp while Klopp insists Ojo’s long-term future is at Anfield, he is debating as to whether another loan move could benefit his development.

“I don’t know. We will have to see,” said Klopp when asked on the England youth international’s future.

“Sheyi is a wonderful player that’s for sure and his future is 100% at Liverpool. We don’t have to make decisions so early.

“We have time and we have to use the time. We have had some injuries. We need to make the boys as fit as possible.

“Ojo has only been with us for five days after coming from the tournament with England Under-19s.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Some great options up front with Sturridge,Origi & Ings. Be interesting to see who starts vs Arsenal. Have a feeling it could be Origi.

With Origi, Mane and even Ojo there is a constant threat on the counter with Firmino and Couthino supplying them.
    Markovic and Lallana are frustrating to watch though, every attack slows right down. Markovic has huge potential but looks afraid to take anyone on, constantly dropping deep and moving in-field and seems afraid to take a shot.

Very true with Mane, Origi, Ojo & Firmino and ye even Markovic as frustrating as he will be there is a lot of pace power and directness then Couthino pulling the strings I don't think we will be short of goal this season.

Ings also adds something we haven't had in a long while either a good old fashioned goal poacher and he is more than that as well.

Lallana can offer more coming off the bench for the last 20 minutes this season I think when teams are tiring.

Better be, sooner see him than Markovic on the bench for example, I see his got another one of his "sort of" assists again for the Firmino goal. His pace is awesome.

Just watching the highlights - Mane looked lively in the first half, great Derek goal and a second goal ruled offside wrongly.

I'd be happier seeing him come off the bench before Lallana and Markovic at the moment

Lallana was pretty decent under Klopp last season.

Markovic has never played under Klopp

Lallana was pretty decent under Klopp last season.

Markovic has never played under Klopp
    Neither has Balotelli, doesn't mean he deserves a place in the team.
    At the moment I think Ojo is more of a threat than Lallana or Markovic.

I have seeing centre midfielders leaving with not a lot coming in in that position.

Definitely an area where we need some upgrades

We have 6 players for two CM positions. Can, Grujic, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milly, Stewart.

• Advertisement

Lallana played well yesterday and Markovic did fine. No justification in downing either player for yesterdays performances.

We have 6 players for two CM positions. Can, Grujic, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milly, Stewart.

Grujic will be a cup/sub player, Stewart likewise, Milner will play left back/right back/right midfield in a number of games, Wijnaldum will play some games as part of the three in behind and maybe as a wide attacker in a 4-3-3 so in the end only Can and Henderson are dedicated CM players as things stand (assuming Lucas is off)

Ok, four dedicated CM players. Can, Henderson, Grujic, Stewart. I wouldnt be surprised to see Grujic start a good few games this season and for Stewart to see more sub appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lallana played well yesterday and Markovic did fine. No justification in downing either player for yesterdays performances.

Markovic will never be good enough though, regardless of anything he ever does in a Liverpool shirt. He's just not good enough to wear it. Allen sold yet Markovic wears red. Time to move him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I see ings didn't get on last night. If there was no injury it doesn't seem like he will be getting much gametime this year.

• Advertisement

Sturridge will quite likely be our top scorer next season, highly amusing how some seem to ignore him being at the club.
    I see ings didn't get on last night. If there was no injury it doesn't seem like he will be getting much gametime this year.

To be fair it was one game, we have three proper strikers, Sturridge, Origi & Ings. I reckon Ings is a better finisher than Origi while Origi is more of a presence. Even if we play one up top (quite likely) Ings will see plenty minutes imo.

If we play with Firmino as a 2nd striker and it works we'll effectively be playing 2 up front and Ings will have more opportunity as Firmino won't be playing every 90mins .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Augeo wrote: »
    Sturridge will quite likely be our top scorer next season, highly amusing how some seem to ignore him being at the club. .

He's so under appreciated it criminal, He doesn't even have a song. Hopefully he can stay fit and convert the nonbeliever's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Has he sprinted yet?

Till I see that, I'm worried about what is a noticeable decline in his ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

There is no non-believers in Sturridge . Just his decline in pace to run in behind is a worry. Everything else is top class & I'm not expecting huge work rate from him either. Origi could be better suited to certain games like Arsenal with his pace,strength,work rate & hold up play where Sturridge could be a great impact sub.
    Sturridge has to be managed carefully because an injury is never too far away with him. Klopp has manged him brillantly so far.

Knex. wrote: »
    Has he sprinted yet?

Till I see that, I'm worried about what is a noticeable decline in his ability.

The repeated mention about lack of sprinting ignores all of his other attributes, he got 8 PL goals in 14 apps last season, 13 goals in 26 apps over all.

He can dribble, is full of trickery, can beat 2/3 players in the box and is ice cold as a finisher. He's also nearing 27 so his loss of pace is inevitable.

Owen and Torres relied on pace and were screwed without it, Sturridge won't be.

MD1990 wrote: »
    There is no non-believers in Sturridge .....

Ah stop, there are most definitely a few.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry but I really think again this is over analysis and reading far too much into a training match.

Feel free to put me on ignore. There's nothing over-hyped in what I wrote and I don't see how it's over-analysis when the analysis wasn't in any way detailed. All I was talking about was the set up and how it clicked, something I would have said if we'd played the same but lost 2-0, the result doesn't matter but the shape of the team and fitness levels do. Apologies if any of it didn't come across like that but I've been up since 2.45am to watch the game so I'm running on coffee and not much else today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sturridge has to be managed carefully because an injury is never too far away with him. Klopp has manged him brillantly so far.

Managed him in a way where he keeps up with rest or doesn't play. And he is keeping up, Klopp has broken down his walls of doubt that his mind were laced with. I still find it strange to see Strurridge completing these rigorous sessions day in day out.
    Gerrard got injured a lot when younger too, yet shook it off . Sturridge can do same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Managed him in a way where he keeps up with rest or doesn't play. And he is keeping up, Klopp has broken down his walls of doubt that his mind were laced with. I still find it strange to see Strurridge completing these rigorous sessions day in day out.
    Gerrard got injured a lot when younger too, yet shook it off . Sturridge can do same.
    Of course he can.

The question is, will he?

Personally, I have doubts that he will.

I don't remember Gerrard missing 60% of games when he was younger and also his game wasn't built on pace.

From what we can see Klopp is build a team based on pace power and pressing if a player can't do those three things I can't see them being a starter.

Anyone thinking Sturridge's game is built on pace needs their head examined.

Pace, power & pressing, coutinho says hello.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement