Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Taking a long hard look at myself..

shield_18.jpg?itok=v-_8MrJm

Damm I'm a handsome bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

And speaking on Monday, before the Villarreal game, Sturridge seemed relaxed about their relationship. 'In every job in life, someone's the manager, everyone else is employees and that's life,' he says. 'For me, our relationship is OK, there are no problems on my part. I've never said a bad word about the boss and never will say a bad word because he's the manager of Liverpool and he's the voice of the club. He's the person who represents the club on a global stage, so you have to respect the man and the things he says.'

doesn't sound great when he talks about his relationship with Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Klopp doesn't love him enough. He never would have survived at Liverpool under Benitez.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a reunion with 'The Rodgers' at Swansea next season.

Will Rafa save Newcastle... Looking that way. Great win today

Laugh of the day goes to Arsenal fans with A4 sheets protesting against Wenger. Lasted one minute until they were drowned out! Whoever organised that is a genius!

Roll on tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Spurs are Newcastle's last game, can't imagine Spurs throwing that one, they'll want to go out on a high.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fair play klopparama, I was joking originally, we all have opinions.

Well argued.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sorry for quoting myself :) but I just came across something on Twitter saying Ilori will be off to Deportivo La Coruna in the Summer. Terrible signing.

Jesus, totally forgot about him, surprised he wasnt deemed good enough. Thought he had good potential from what I saw of him but if he's not in Klopp's plans, so be it. Say he will do well for Deportivo.

Interesting though, it does seem obvious enough who Kloppo doesnt like. I'd say there will be some clearout in the summer. Can see Enrique, Skrtel, Benteke and Bogdan all going.Teixera and Sinclair too. Not sure Randall will make it as we have Flanagan.

RE: loan players, surprised to see we still own Alberto! His loan is up with Deportivo at the end of the season. 26 appearances, 6 goals, 6 assists - not bad. Has an Achilles injury though. Looking forward to the return of Lazar. Of the loan players i'd say Yesil, Wisdom ( :( ) and Balotelli are gone.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Can see Enrique, Skrtel, Benteke and Bogdan all going.Teixera and Sinclair too. Not sure Randall will make it as we have Flanagan.

... Of the loan players i'd say Yesil, Wisdom ( :( ) and Balotelli are gone.

That £59.5M on Transfermarkt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Will Rafa save Newcastle... Looking that way. Great win today

Laugh of the day goes to Arsenal fans with A4 sheets protesting against Wenger. Lasted one minute until they were drowned out! Whoever organised that is a genius!

Roll on tomorrow

In fairness, if you show up at stadiums with negative giant banners, they often wont let you in with them. They will tell you its because it obstructs the view for other fans, but oddly the positive banners usually make it through.

As pathetic as it turned out to be, I can see the rationale behind it. A small sign can be tucked away in a pocket. However that sort of strategy means you need thousands with the A4 sheets.....not 20 people. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Klopp doesn't love him enough. He never would have survived at Liverpool under Benitez.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a reunion with 'The Rodgers' at Swansea next season.

This is why Klopp dropping him doesn't bother me. Sturridge seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about being challenged by both fans and manager over his mentality.

You can see by his body language on the pitch, even when he's playing well, that he has an attitude problem. Constantly poe faced like Torres all those years ago and it can eftect team spirit. So if he wants to continue moaning I've no problem with Klopp being hard on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    This is why Klopp dropping him doesn't bother me. Sturridge seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about being challenged by both fans and manager over his mentality.

You can see by his body language on the pitch, even when he's playing well, that he has an attitude problem. Constantly poe faced like Torres all those years ago and it can eftect team spirit. So if he wants to continue moaning I've no problem with Klopp being hard on him.

I think Klopp's approach has been pretty fair and balanced too. It keeps getting reported that he has a negative opinion of Sturridge, but he simply doesn't coddle him. He has pointed out fitness issues, but he's also regularly celebrated Sturridge's performances, both in terms of scoring and work rate.

He also gave him a special mention in that Bournemouth game in relation to working with the younger players. Klopp was careful to point out that Ojo's impressive performance was very much helped by Sturridge talking to him throughout, helping him with his positioning and movement.

Yep, don't think the manager has been critical of his performances, he just hasn't praised him for getting out of bed, or tying his shoelaces like the previous manager did.

If anything he should be praised for it given he's turned Sturridge from a player who had to be convinced to play games into one who cries in the media when he misses one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Ben Gadot wrote: »

I was kind of worried with his on-pitch attitude too, until I saw his reaction to the winner against Dortmund. I think he still cares but maybe got a little too used to Rodgers fawning over him and telling everyone Sturridge would save the day when he returns to fitness. Klopp is presumably a hard task master but I think Sturridge can adapt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yep, don't think the manager has been critical of his performances, he just hasn't praised him for getting out of bed, or tying his shoelaces like the previous manager did.

If anything he should be praised for it given he's turned Sturridge from a player who had to be convinced to play games into one who cries in the media when he misses one.

I'm kinda glad he's crying in the media...at least it shows he's got fight in him. Something that hasn't always been apparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Where's Assaidi these days?

Edit: Morocco, and almost doubled our money on him.
    Moneyball win there:pac:
    I didn't mean it like that. Sometimes I find it hard to articulate my thoughts.

There's a few reasons I feel something is up.

I watch all the pre and post match press conferences with Klopp on YouTube. Sometimes I won't watch for 3-4 games then I'll spend 2-3 hours watching them one after another. I've noticed how uncomfortable he seems to be when talking about Sturridge. His reaction to questions on Daniel differs to questions on other squad members quite often - just my opinion.

We know he is ALL about 'the team'. He couldn't say it anymore than he does. Look as his history of bonding squads and achieving success. Didn't he go to an island with Fúck all facilities to bond with one of his teams (Mainz?) for a few nights. He's obsessed with togetherness.

He mentioned quite early about Sturridge 'needing to learn the difference between pain and real pain'. I can't remember exactly how he phrased it but it wasn't a second language thing. He meant what he said.

Sturridge is not in his current first team plan. I don't think it has anything to do with fitness. I think that is a very convenient smokescreen. Firminio was injured more recently than Sturridge and his route back into the first 11 was more normal - he got minutes to be match fit and straight into the first 11 v's Villareal. That's the normal way at most clubs for first 11 players.

Most fans agree Sturridge is looking as good as ever but Benteke (without any minutes since when?) comes in for the final few minutes. I mean Jesus. Talk about a sledgehammer.

Sturridge is not commiting to the philosophy - that is my opinion. We all know he's selfish. We see it on the pitch every time he plays. Shoots when he should pass. He berates players when they do the same but hangs his head and avoids eye contact when he does.

Think I've only ever seen him give Suarez the 'thumbs up I'm sorry' buzz. He bemoans a poor pass with a wise guy 'what the fùck' arms extended out to the side, but again, walks away head down when he does it.

He tried to claim that goal off his arsè recently and when his backheel was saved, and Firminio tapped in, he had his hands on his head for missing. That was his first reaction - not to celebrate a team goal. How many examples do we need to accept he is not a team player. I don't mind so much because he is the best finisher we've had since Fowler but it doesn't matter what I think.

There is a huge clash between the two in my opinion. I hope they sit down over the summer and thrash it out. I've always been about the manager. Players give me joy but the manager brings us success. Jurgen can do what he wants and I'll accept it. He's done it before and he'll do it again. He knows what he wants and needs. He's the most important person at LFC.

This is how clever I think he is - he sent us (the fans) a message about 'feeling alone in the stadium' in one of his early games when fans left early. Considering 'you'll never walk alone' is kinda a thing for us, I felt he may be a linguistic genius and piled on a dose of psychology to 45,000 people.

He knows what he's saying and he knows what he's doing. Klopp won't change so either Sturridge does or he's gone.
    I'd have to argue against you on the first point.

I linked an Echo article yesterday where Klopp was asked about Flanagan not appearing lately. He explained that he was building up his fitness and recovery times so he would get game time but with care so as not to cause a reoccurrence of his injuries. He was rationing game time to get him back to full fitness.

He then referenced Sturridge as a comparable case to Flanagan.

On the 'normal' return to match duties, Sturridge couldn't be placed in that category. There was lots of reference to Sturridge being injured every 4.6 games, showing us that he was either injury prone or being rushed back too soon from injury. He has missed the last 2 seasons through injury and I think it's safe to say his return should be managed differently to a player missing 3-4 games with an injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I think klopp is playing sturridge perfectly tbh,sending him the right signals of whats good and what he does not want..

Id say with klopp if you try your best to do what he asks even if it means changing your own preferred style he will back you and play you..

As tekkers and ibe have seen,and skittles..lesser extent sturridge..if you cant adapt or wont then you wont play,unless he has no other options..

Its the managers head that will fall if he sticks to underperformers ,so he is 100% right klopp . Imo.

Spielverlagerung article on the Villareal v Liverpool game.

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/04/30/villarreal-liverpool/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No Firmino today:

13083185_10154295854647573_7409279983621508484_n.jpg?oh=ea2177b4bb70a55fc7d6b862b969212c&oe=57B7AB19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Good to see Ward starting

• Advertisement

Interesting selection. I wonder if we'll see Skrtel on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Well thats a attacking team lol, should be nil nil so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Wow some selection.

......I wonder if we'll see Skrtel on Thursday.

No way, unless Lovren or Toure picks up a knock between now and than, even at that I'd prefer Lucas at CB than Skrtel.

Nice gesture to let him be captain though, pity it's not at Anfield from that viewpoint.

Sturridge should be off after 60 mins max imo and Benteke on, Benteke needs minutes and he is still quite close to being a 1 in 2 PL striker, in poor form admittedly. Might well need Benteke & Sturridge on Thurs, hopefully we won't see Skrtel than.

Good to see Ojo get gametime with Sturridge, will be of benefit to him you'd expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    No Firmino today:

13083185_10154295854647573_7409279983621508484_n.jpg?oh=ea2177b4bb70a55fc7d6b862b969212c&oe=57B7AB19

I get the feeling that Ibe is getting chances to show Klopp he can have a future at Liverpool.

If he is sold he can only blame himself at the end of the day.

Today is a good opportunity for Ibe, playing with Ojo, Coutinho & Sturridge in a no pressure sort of game.

Swansea aren't great at the best of times but as not great as Skrtel can be Lovren and Clyne make that back 4 far from makeshift so our midfielders & attackers shouldn't have any excuses imo.

I'd be seriously expecting 3 pts today, the 11 we are putting out isn't at all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Big game for Skrtel also.....captain as well? although looking at the starting 11 maybe he is best suited......

I'm kinda glad he's crying in the media...at least it shows he's got fight in him. Something that hasn't always been apparent.

Could be the opposite tbh. Rather than stick his head down and work his way back in he'll go to the media who have a hard on for him and complain.

Speaking of the man himself, he's picking up where he left off last week, setting up a good chance for Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'm embarrassed watching this, complete no show from everyone so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Skrtel is beyond a liability. Backing off there. Disgraceful.

Well this really is showing us the huge overhaul to the squad Klopp has to do.

• Advertisement

I doubt this is going to be one of those Liverpool games where the team losing 2-0 come back in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

It could well turn out to be another stoke kind of result, Danny Ward to only one that earned his half time slice of orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

It could well turn out to be another stoke kind of result, Danny Ward to only one that earned his half time slice of orange.

Chiravella very poor, very lightweight and can't see him growing to be strong enough to make it in England, but time will tell.

No coincidence that defense all over the place, now that skirtl is back

Chirivella's make a wish didn't include a second half.

Lovren looks a bag of nerves playing beside Skrtel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lovren looks a bag of nerves playing beside Skrtel.

Not surprised, I'd imagine playing alongside Skrtel feels like playing pool with a stick of dynamite.

Have we finally found someone to take corners?

How's that not a free out?

What happened to Skrtel? He used to be a good defender. He's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What happened to Skrtel? He used to be a good defender. He's done.

He was never a good defender really. Now he is utter poison, I'd love to see the win/lose ratio for the game he starts (or comes on at HT)

• Advertisement

Should take lucas off again. Vital for Thursday

Well this was ****ing ****. Unacceptable.

He was never a good defender really. Now he is utter poison, I'd love to see the win/lose ratio for the game he starts (or comes on at HT)

Not what you asked for but...
    Steve McVeigh ‏@SteveMcVeigh123 9m9 minutes ago Skrtel's last 6 games will have yielded at least 14 goals against, 4 defeats, a draw, and a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

All that game has done is serve to weed out the shíte

Lovren loses his mind when he's paired with him.

Big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Couldnt agree any more with this, Lovren is a confidence player and Skrtel has jack sh1t of it.

CRhRCXiWUAAHt0e.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Skrtel. I like him. Time to go, now, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not what you asked for but...
    Steve McVeigh ‏@SteveMcVeigh123 9m9 minutes ago Skrtel's last 6 games will have yielded at least 14 goals against, 4 defeats, a draw, and a win.

Is no shock at all.

A performance as damp as the conditions, no point saying these games don't matter - they do, today several players will have focused Klopp's mind on who has a chance and who doesn't and what'll happen to them in the summer. That and the fact Soton are now right behind and will see a chance (unless they want to throw the EL before they actually qualify!) plus relying on Man Utd for the 7th spot may not be wise anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement