Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Terrible, just terrible from front to back, start to finish.

Klopp has no intention of starting Sturridge on thurs night seeing as he gave him 90 today, but i trust him, he will bring success.

I know theres a temptation to dismiss this as a meaningless end of season dead rubber, but thinking of the Pool fans that travelled to the match plus this James Pearce tweet, why are games on at this time of the day considering the distance between the 2 clubs?

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/726387507877842944

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

several players will have focused Klopp's mind on who has a chance and who doesn't and what'll happen to them in the summer.

Its going to be a huge summer for Liverpool withs ins and outs. Kind of looking forward to it. Lets hope we can win the UEFA Cup and get that champions league place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We should sell Ibe before his stock falls even further. Might get 10-15m for him. Today showed why Firmino,Can,Lallana, & Milner always start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MD1990 wrote: »
    We should sell Ibe before his stock falls even further. Might get 10-15m for him. Today showed why Firmino,Can,Lallana, & Milner always start.

We'd be lucky to get 10-15m Yen for him mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bild are running with Klopp wanting Timo Horn.

€9m buyout clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

€9m buyout clause.

He's contracted till 2019 or something, but according to twitter rumours he's keen on a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We're mostly down to the C team here and the game was a complete dead rubber anyway so I'm not too concerned in general.

I doubt many of those playing are long term options for the first team squad, never mind the first 11, or at the very least, several years away from being so - I certainly haven't written any of the young lads off.

Clyne and Coutinho are the only ones nailed on for the first team with Lovren, Lallana and maybe Sturridge (he's looking more likely to get the boot by the week) locked in for the squad.

The spine of our team has been ripped out and it's showing at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

€9m buyout clause.

That's a steal, only seen him play four times at most this season but he looks as promising as Butland at less than half the asking price.

His distribution is also miles better than Mignolet's, could be as good as Reina's one day.

I'd be all over that for €9m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Didn't see the game, but how did Ward do? I see a lot of people saying he was the only player to play well? Well enough to start more?

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Didn't see the game, but how did Ward do? I see a lot of people saying he was the only player to play well? Well enough to start more?

Not often a keeper can concede 3 and hold his head high but that was him today, the only one that played well.

Based on the two games i've seen him play i'd have no problem with him starting for us next season, but that's only based on 2 games so a risk none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Gather round folks.

So then, Martin Skrtel.............

Will_Smith_as_Agent_J_in_Men_in_Black_.jpg

Klopp has no intention of starting Sturridge on thurs night seeing as he gave him 90 today, but i trust him, he will bring success.

https://twitter.com/thisisanfield/status/726762508019703808

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Skrtel was a 'good defender' and one of the hallmarks of that Liverpool team that finished midtable for several successive seasons.

He's not what we want for where we want to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge turning into Balotelli
    ''why always me''
    Sturridge needs to be more of a team player, he's becoming a self inflicted outcast. Hope he starts Thursday, he has 100 hours to recover. No excuse not to play him, we need him and Coutinho in team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

With the amount of backing off Skrtel does, I'm convinced he thinks he's playing last man back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    This is why Klopp dropping him doesn't bother me. Sturridge seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about being challenged by both fans and manager over his mentality.

You can see by his body language on the pitch, even when he's playing well, that he has an attitude problem. Constantly poe faced like Torres all those years ago and it can eftect team spirit. So if he wants to continue moaning I've no problem with Klopp being hard on him.

I think if the team spirit is good you can afford 1 stroppy striker. The players know what he is like.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Jimmy McGovern's 'Hillsborough' being reaired tonight on ITV at 10.20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

marno21 wrote: »
    Skrtel was a 'good defender' and one of the hallmarks of that Liverpool team that finished midtable for several successive seasons.

He's not what we want for where we want to be.

Skrtel was part of a very good team,set up by a top class tactical manager which him look a good defender.

I would imagine Skrtel won't be in the reckoning next season. Hopefully he's sold in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can't even rely on City to hold Soton! :mad:

Can't even rely on City to hold Soton! :mad:

City dont care anymore

City are in the same vote as us Europe or nothing.

Interesting fact - all appearances

Kolo Toure

13 PL games 1 loss
    Europe 6 games and 1 loss
    League Cup 4 games and 1 loss in normal time and extra time

So that's 23 games of which only 5 were as a sub and three losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That kit is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pretty Dortmund-ish?
    Poor result today with a mainly second string side.
    Big game Thursday & the starting XI will be a big call for Klopp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Interesting fact - all appearances

Kolo Toure

13 PL games 1 loss
    Europe 6 games and 1 loss
    League Cup 4 games and 1 loss in normal time and extra time

So that's 23 games of which only 5 were as a sub and three losses.

He brings a sense of calm and experience to the backline. Look at Lovren yesterday with Skrtel - he seemed more nervous. It showed throughout the team.

Toure has been a valuable member of the side this season.

For me, he has to start on Thursday. The team essentially picks itself at this stage though, IMO.

Mignolet
    Clyne - Lovren - Toure - Moreno
    Milner - Allen
    Lallana - Coutinho - Firmino
    Sturridge

The only real question is whether Klopp starts Lucas and, if so, who does he drop. I think we have to go for it from the very start because they'll be tough to break down.

Villareal beat Valencia 2-0 yesterday too. Much better preparation than what we had!!

Villareal beat Valencia 2-0 yesterday too. Much better preparation than what we had!!

Ill guess we'll see whos preparation was better. Did villarreal play their first team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ill guess we'll see whos preparation was better. Did villarreal play their first team?

10 changes. Only Soldado retained his place.

The win secured 4th spot for them in the league this season with 2 games to spare.

They finished 4th in a 3 team league!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Walt dies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

kop77 wrote: »
    Walt dies!!

From my knowledge of German, which I learned mainly from the Simpsons, that means Walt lives...right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

DrumSteve wrote: »
    From my knowledge of German, which I learned mainly from the Simpsons, that means Walt lives...right?

That or he's the last person on the planet to see the final episode of Breaking Bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm watching the last episode later and managed to avoid spoilers until now. Bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I actually started watching BB when it first came out, stopped watching at season 4 as I hated waiting on episodes to come out, then I never got around to finishing, but thanks for ruining the end though for when I do bother my hole catching up....

Also had GoT spoiled for me since I woke up via a tag on a YT video on my TV this morning also.... (thanks IGN)

Can someone spoiler me the result of yesterday's match? :D :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

mosstin wrote: »
    That or he's the last person on the planet to see the final episode of Breaking Bad.

Looks like he's the second last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I left my leg of lamb in the fridge all week and was looking forward to a nice Sunday dinner. I avoided restaurants, supermarkets and all those cooking magazines, shows blogs etc but when I went to enjoy my meal on Sunday, it was spoiled when I went to cook it.
    Impossible to avoid spoiling nowadays.
    In future, I'm just going to come my meals straight away. It's the only way to avoid spoiling.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I actually started watching BB when it first came out, stopped watching at season 4 as I hated waiting on episodes to come out, then I never got around to finishing, but thanks for ruining the end though for when I do bother my hole catching up....

Also had GoT spoiled for me since I woke up via a tag on a YT video on my TV this morning also.... (thanks IGN)

Can someone spoiler me the result of yesterday's match? :D :P

Oh dear. I was only joking. Thought everyone that was interested would have seen it by now.

Go easy on the toure recognition, some don't appreciate his abilities, don't want to be upsetting people on a BH :)

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I left my leg of lamb in the fridge all week and was later point forward to a nice Sunday dinner. I avoided restaurants, supermarkets and all those cooking magazines, shows blogs etc but when I went to enjoy my meal on Sunday, it was spoiled when I went to cook it.
    Impossible to avoid spoiling nowadays.
    In future, I'm just going to come my meals straight away. It's the only way to avoid spoiling.

You're a twisted genius sometimes :D

Augeo wrote: »
    Go easy on the toure recognition, some don't appreciate his abilities, don't want to be upsetting people on a BH :)

Wut?

Wut?

There's nothing cryptic there. We must be mindful of fellow posters thoughts, some don't think Kolo deserves the praise he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Oh dear. I was only joking. Thought everyone that was interested would have seen it by now.

Im the ultimate hipster, I started hating it when everyone else started watching it.... :P

My issue was waiting for new episodes, it was bad enough trying to get through the first 3 seasons week by week, I just gave up by the fourth, lost interest and I ended up not watching it at all...

I will get around to it though - possibly in another 4 years.... :)

Augeo wrote: »
    There's nothing cryptic there. We must be mindful of fellow posters thoughts, some don't think Kolo deserves the praise he gets.

Not cryptic,no...just...strange.

Don't mind me...carry on.

For me, he has to start on Thursday. The team essentially picks itself at this stage though, IMO.

Mignolet
    Clyne - Lovren - Toure - Moreno
    Milner - Allen
    Lallana - Coutinho - Firmino
    Sturridge

The only real question is whether Klopp starts Lucas and, if so, who does he drop. ...

I can't see Lucas not starting, with Moreno attacking and Sakho out we need a dedicated DM, against VR Allen might do the job but I don't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You're a twisted genius sometimes :D

not appreciated in my timeline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

mosstin wrote: »

No... I just remembered!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement