Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

K-9 wrote: »
    I think if the team spirit is good you can afford 1 stroppy striker. The players know what he is like.

It's not unusual for a star player - who can change a game - to get preferential treatment when it comes to judging their poor team ethic. Look at Ronaldo for instance. By no means does Sturridge contribute as much as Ronnie in terms of output, but then he is not as big an a5sehole either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Looks like he's the second last.

3rd last. Only on season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Augeo wrote: »
    There's nothing cryptic there. We must be mindful of fellow posters thoughts, some don't think Kolo deserves the praise he gets.

Augeo do you come on here looking to antagonise people? If so, why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

garra wrote: »
    It's not unusual for a star player - who can change a game - to get preferential treatment when it comes to judging their poor team ethic. Look at Ronaldo for instance. By no means does Sturridge contribute as much as Ronnie in terms of output, but then he is not as big an a5sehole either.
    It is untenable when the team comes first, which is absolutely the case in Klopp teams, and has never been at all relevant in Real Madrid.

gafferino wrote: »
    Augeo do you come on here looking to antagonise people? If so, why?

Not at all kid.
    If I inadvertently antagonise posters I class as pondscum it's a bonus though.

just before the usual get their piece in.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99427454&postcount=9552

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Not at all kid.
    If I inadvertently antagonise posters I class as pondscum it's a bonus though.

just before the usual get their piece in.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99427454&postcount=9552

Pondscum? Are you for real? What the **** is wrong with you?

And you know the 'kid' thing annoys everyone so why keep using it?

Bit sensitive there old boy, nothing at all wrong with me. There are 100s of posters on here, a few are scum, that's life.

I could ask what is wrong with yourself and one or two of your chums but I simply couldn't give less of a sh1t so I don't bother :cool:

If you can't play senior hurling get off the pitch lads ;)

It doesn't annoy everyone, I've pointed out it's a term of endearment to avoid any confusion I highlighted that again when I used the term just there.

I was being nothing but civil when remarking that we must be careful not to upset people with the Toure praise as some feel he gets praised in an OTT fashion. A bit like Sturridge, some don't rate his contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Do posters on here hold grudges against/hate people that post here?

Its a bit weird as we don't know who anyone is so in truth you'd be hating a username with a different opinion to you.....

NukaCola wrote: »
    Do posters on here hold grudges against/hate people that post here?

Its a bit weird as we don't know who anyone is so in truth you'd be hating a username with a different opinion to you.....

There are posters that annoy me,naturally enough cos we can't all agree on everything. I don't call them 'pondscum' tho. He knows what he's doing...he's trying to get a rise,he's been at it for weeks and it seems it's worked on me so maybe I'm the idiot here. I'll go now or I'll say something I'll probably regret.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell is going on in here? Augeo is going Mr Alan on us. Management changes are so stressful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm sure he'll use the Cark thing, doesn't really cut it as an excuse when you're typing it out.

You'll never learn lads!

.......... He knows what he's doing...he's trying to get a rise,he's been at it for weeks

Not at all.
    I'm being nothing but civil.

The Mr G' rubbish was antagonising most of the posters on here, that was rightly knocked on the head.

....... I'll go now ...

Senior hurling :pac:

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    You'll never learn lads!

:o

Like I said...I'm probably the idiot here.

:o

Like I said...I'm probably the idiot here.

Not at all, but you know the crack

• Advertisement

Not at all.
    I'm being nothing but civil.

The Mr G' rubbish was antagonising most of the posters on here, that was rightly knocked on the head.

Senior hurling :pac:

I hope you get the help you so obviously need.

Please take it to PM, for the sake of posters not involved!

Can we read anything into Skrtel being made captain yesterday? Is he likely to stay next season as backup?

With Sakho probably out for a while, Toure leaving we'll probably only have Matip/Lovren/Gomez outside other additions...

Can we read anything into Skrtel being made captain yesterday? Is he likely to stay next season as backup?

With Sakho probably out for a while, Toure leaving we'll probably only have Matip/Lovren/Gomez outside other additions...

Noooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Bruce Willis was dead the whole time

• Advertisement

Noooooooooooooooooo

Well, I would like him to be moved on like the majority here, but maybe Klopp see's different, Mig got a new contract afterall......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

hefferboi wrote: »

Die Hard now that explains everything/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah, Toure has been very good this season. Stating the obvious but it's football related!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I dont think so . He is probably the longest rhere , is all to the skyrl question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I thought he was that bloke in the hair piece the whole way through.

tumblr_li8i9nJ0U01qzz6jfo1_500.jpg

tumblr_li8i9nJ0U01qzz6jfo1_500.jpg

Edit: Should have hit refresh.

I wouldn't read into it. It came down to himself and Lovern as the only real candidates and he probably got it on seniority. I mean we've seen Flanagan as captain in recent weeks and I reckon Klopp knows he isn't good enough. Klopp is a master at building cohesion, confidence and showing faith in players. Hopefully the opposite side of that coin is that if the players don't repay that he'll have no issues cutting them loose.

Tiago Ilori to Deportivo La Coruna seems to be a done deal, as is Gotze to Dortmund.

Liverpool's chief scout was running the rule over PSG pair Pastore and Mamadou Doucoure (who Munchengladbach are big on)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Tiago Ilori to Deportivo La Coruna seems to be a done deal, as is Gotze to Dortmund.

Liverpool's chief scout was running the rule over PSG pair Pastore and Mamadou Doucoure (who Munchengladbach are big on)

Really? I thought Dortmund were adamant that Bayern have to pay the full 30m for Hummels and Gotze won't be used in exchange. Doesn't mean he won't be going there but i'm still holding onto a glimmer of hope.

A few tweets
    Dave O’Connell
    ‎‎@DaveOCKOP

The talk is Mario Götze has agreed to return to Dortmund. (Raphael Honigstein)

Wow.
    4:33 PM - 2 May 2016
    Dave O’Connell
    ‎‎@DaveOCKOP

Mario Götze will return to Dortmund after 3 years away. (Bein Sport) #lfc
    5:12 PM - 2 May 2016

• Advertisement

FIFA have extended Sakho's 30 day ban to a worldwide ban today.

So no cheeky sale to China.

“The chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided to extend the sanction imposed on 28 April 2016 by the chairman of the Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body of UEFA on the French player Mamadou Sakho for an anti-doping rule violation to have worldwide effect in accordance with article 136 ff. of the FIFA Disciplinary Code.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-sakho-given-worldwide-11273585

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Dortmund or Liverpool. Easy choice tbf with the state of both clubs atm

Welcome to Anfield so!!

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Welcome to Anfield so!!

I mean in terms of champions league, league challenging etc

Fair chance we might not even make Europa.

Obviously that could all change if we win the Europa :)

I mean in terms of champions league, league challenging etc

Fair chance we might not even make Europa.

Obviously that could all change if we win the Europa :)

I know dude but any excuse to post a video of those highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I wouldn't say so to be honest...Germany is a 2 team league, and he'd be moving from the first to the second, with a very real chance of not winning the league any time soon with the financial advantage Bayern have.

Also Klopp is a huge factor. And at his age, there's plenty of time to return to his childhood club in the future - he may well want to try something different. A new challenge rather than heading backwards.

I'd say it's a pretty close call all things considered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hillsborough docudrama about to start on UTV Ireland now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I don't care how many rulers he has with him. If he, or anybody else, thinks Pastore will go to a club outside champions league he is crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Kirby wrote: »
    I don't care how many rulers he has with him. If he, or anybody else, thinks Pastore will go to a club outside champions league he is crazy.

What if it's a shatter resistant ruler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Pathetic Chelsea. Carrying on like they won something.

When the likes of Leicester are winning the league you know it's one of the worst quality wise.

So Spurs bottled it.

Many thought they'd do it a month ago.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Fair play to Leicester and Ranieri a true gentleman who deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

K-9 wrote: »
    So Spurs bottled it.

Many thought they'd do it a month ago.

I hate this "bottling it" ****e.

Bottling it is losing a 10 point advantage.

It isn't not being perfect and it certainly isn't failing to win a title you were never in the driving seat for.

Well done Leicester. Brilliant achievement, but I just cant help thinking back to this time 2 years ago and what could have been....

• Advertisement

Was hoping Spurs would win it but it's great to see the culmination of Leicster's 3-4 year plan. Especially given that the penultimate year involved dicing with relegation.

Gbear wrote: »

It isn't not being perfect and it certainly isn't failing to win a title you were never in the driving seat for.

I'm only slagging!

Leicester kept their nerve no matter what was thrown at them. Spurs never really put the pressure on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Brilliant. Bravissimo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Gbear wrote: »

Actually I thought tonight's performance by Spurs was one of those rare times when the usually misused term "bottled it" truly applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Spurs are light years ahead of us.

I would back them to come close again next year as well.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement