Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Volland + Firmino was a hot double act for the Hoff. So the story logic is obvious enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Volland + Firmino was a hot double act for the Hoff. So the story logic is obvious enough

That was a point also put to me too. But was it 'hot' enough to mean that one of them was scoring every game? We need a striker that can score goals, or at least give you the confidence of scoring every game if they get a chance. We currently have one, but we all know we can't trust him to a) stay fit to start 30 league games and b) our manager does not seem to trust him currently.

FitzShane wrote: »
    That was a point also put to me too. But was it 'hot' enough to mean that one of them was scoring every game? We need a striker that can score goals, or at least give you the confidence of scoring every game if they get a chance. We currently have one, but we all know we can't trust him to a) stay fit to start 30 league games and b) our manager does not seem to trust him currently.

Between them they scored in 19 different games in 2013/14 season which was when they were most effective (Modeste was the third main forward). The following season all three were less effective for whatever reason.

It would certainly be a hard working forward line if it was Origi, Ings, Firmino, Volland without the "ingredient x" of Sturridge if he got sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Presser.

Sergi Canos - a puppy with football boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Papers saying Courtois set to go to Liverpool. Bizarre (in a good way) if true but I'm pretty skeptical. It just doesn't add up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

magma69 wrote: »
    Papers saying Courtois set to go to Liverpool. Bizarre (in a good way) if true but I'm pretty skeptical. It just doesn't add up.

Better chance of getting a Cleveland Steamer off ScarJo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

James Pearce from the Liverpool Echo tweeting videos from training today.

Emre Can and Danny Ings among those in action.

Can is in the squad for tomorrow night, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

£50m?

And he would have a choice of top tier clubs to choose from if he were allowed to leave.

And Chelsea wouldn't even sell us Ryan Bertrand, a reserve fullback, so I doubt they would sell us their starting keeper, potentially one of the top keepers in the world in a few years.

Click bait seems to be starting earlier this year.

• Advertisement

If Clyne plays tomorrow it will be his 50th game in his first season that's some record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If Clyne plays tomorrow it will be his 50th game in his first season that's some record.

I've been pretty happy with him, all said, he's certainly been our best and most consistent defender this year, even if that is like praising the winner of the glue factory yard derby.

He's been criticised for not getting forward enough, but I'll take that ahead of the looney over on the left endangering the seat of my trousers every 7 or so minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If you read what the source said about it, you'd see straight away that it was just pure speculation. He only suggested Liverpool as a potential interested party if he were made available, there's absolutely zero substance to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think he will win our player of the year this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would like to see us in for Kompany this summer if City decide to offload him. He might only play a few games but he'd be World Class and our best defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Would like to see us in for Kompany this summer if City decide to offload him. He might only play a few games but he'd be World Class and our best defender.

Dying to see what the odds would be like for him and Sturridge to start a match together. Must be up there with Father Dougal to be the next pope.

• Advertisement

Sterling on the bench again in the Bernabeu I guess Aidy Ward will be getting him a sit down interview with the BBC to talk about why he wants to play football on the biggest stage and not sit on the bench and why it's not about money and why he loves London and wouldn't be adverse to a move home to London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

corwill wrote: »
    I've been pretty happy with him, all said, he's certainly been our best and most consistent defender this year, even if that is like praising the winner of the glue factory yard derby.

He's been criticised for not getting forward enough, but I'll take that ahead of the looney over on the left endangering the seat of my trousers every 7 or so minutes.
    But Moreno is our only player stretching play on the left. Coutinho keeps moving inside and Milner alternates with Clyne on the right.

I agree with the need for some Pampers when we defend on our left but I think Sakho fills in the open space he lets behind him quiet well. Toure, not so much:(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »

Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

martyos121 wrote: »
    Dying to see what the odds would be like for him and Sturridge to start a match together. Must be up there with Father Dougal to be the next pope.

Something Leicester something.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sterling on the bench again in the Bernabeu I guess Aidy Ward will be getting him a sit down interview with the BBC to talk about why he wants to play football on the biggest stage and not sit on the bench and why it's not about money and why he loves London and wouldn't be adverse to a move home to London.

He hasn't had a great season particularly the 2nd half of the season. His technique when it comes to shooting and crossing is still lacking. I wonder if he will make the starting team for England in the euros.

• Advertisement

He hasn't had a great season particularly the 2nd half of the season. His technique when it comes to shooting and crossing is still lacking. I wonder if he will make the starting team for England in the euros.

Competition for right side attack - Townsend, Walcott, Ox. I'd say he has a chance!

Competition for right side attack - Townsend, Walcott, Ox. I'd say he has a chance!

Was thinking he didn't start against Germany. The likes of Vardy sturridge even milner could keep him out of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just on to replace the man who ate Yaya Toure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Hope United get 4th and City have to play Europa next year.

Hope United get 4th and City have to play Europa next year.

Ye I agree really hope west ham can do it now.

City have no distractions now so I'd fancy them to do it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

K-9 wrote: »
    City have no distractions now so I'd fancy them to do it.

They had no distractions tonight either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Alrite boys today is the day, the day we reach a first European final in 9 years.
    Absolutely bricking it but this is our biggest game since Chelsea came to Anfield in 2014, hoping it goes a lot better this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They won't open up as much as Dortmund did. Granted they won't be attacking like they did either, but this could be a frustrating night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm worried about tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Sturridge?? Yey or Ney.

I think he has to play from the start..

It's an early goal that's needed for us. The longer the game goes on, the more they'll get comfortable and see a goal of their own in sight. Needless to say if they score at all... ouch.

Has he started a midweek match after 90 minutes on a Sunday under Klopp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

K-9 wrote: »
    Has he started a midweek match after 90 minutes on a Sunday under Klopp?

He is back a while now, this is the most important game of the season, most important for Liverpool in 2 years. If Klopp decides to not play him it wont be fitness is the issue.

We will need 3 goals tonight, its a forgone conclusion that Villareal will score.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

JB81 wrote: »
    Sturridge?? Yey or Ney.

I think he has to play from the start..

We need to score 3 realistically so we have to play him.
    Klopp screwed up his last 2 team selections in the Europa League so I'm not sure what to expect from the starting XI.
    Hope Can is fit enough to play tho.

rob316 wrote: »
    He is back a while now, this is the most important game of the season, most important for Liverpool in 2 years. If Klopp decides to not play him it wont be fitness is the issue.

We will need 3 goals tonight, its a forgone conclusion that Villareal will score.

I agree fitness cant be the problem. And if it is I would rather him playing the first 45 minutes than the last 45 minutes if that is all he can handle.
    When Lallana/firmino/milner are fit to press hard and maybe get a few openings for him to finish

Could be why he didn't play Sturridge at all last Thursday, keep him for 2 games this week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Grayditch wrote: »
    It's an early goal that's needed for us. The longer the game goes on, the more they'll get comfortable and see a goal of their own in sight. Needless to say if they score at all... ouch.

We would have said the same against Dortmund, that's not to say you're wrong, but a goal doesn't end the tie.

4 goals again might be stretching our luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think we'll need to score four to progress. Not expecting progression, but hoping for a good intense performance and ending our competitive season with heads in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think we'll need to score four to progress. Not expecting progression, but hoping for a good intense performance and ending our competitive season with heads in the air.

Yeah....would be a shame for us to limp out of Europe without a fight.

I suspect Villareal will be a bit too cagey & experienced for us tonight but an early goal for us might make things interesting.

I can't see why people don't think we have a chance to go through.
    They have shown that they can perform when needed ( Dormund, Man City, Chelsea etc.. ).
    I know our performances have been so inconsistent. But in the big games we seem to lift it, and this is the biggest game so far under Klopp.
    If we cant get lifted for this then we are in trouble, add in the Anfield factor and the fact that Villareal are no world beaters, I really think we can and will go through.
    I can see Villareal scoring but unfortunately that wont be from their own quality, rather a mistake from our centre defense / goalkeeper. I think they are going to sit.
    I think we will get the three goals needed.
    I have Thursday 19th May booked off from work already

I watch the presser earlier and I expect Sturridge to start from what Klopp said and how he said it.

I think we will win and go through. Their manager has said he is happy to attack with 3 players.

Sturridge and Coutinho don't normally need more than a couple of good chances and I think we'll create more than a few good chances.

Are we looking at something like this tonight then.
    Sturridge the obvious big question?
    Is Can fit to start, hopefully. Lucas if not.

Mignolet

Clyne, Lovren, Toure, Moreno

Can, Milner

Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana

Sturridge

Are we looking at something like this tonight then.
    Sturridge the obvious big question?
    Is Can fit to start, hopefully. Lucas if not.

Mignolet

Can, Milner

Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana

Sturridge

If Can starts I expect one of Lallana and Firmino to be benched in favour Milner playing wide and Lucas starting.

• Advertisement

If Can starts I expect one of Lallana and Firmino to be benched in favour Milner playing wide and Lucas starting.

Agree. Would be gobsmacked to see that front 4 starting. I think Firminio will miss out.

I can't see why people don't think we have a chance to go through.

Me either. Like I literally can't see where anyone said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Any chance Klopp could spring the ultimate surprise and go all out heavy metal attack from the outset with Sturridge and Benteke up top?

Mingolet

Can, Milner

Coutinho, Lallana

Sturridge Benteke?

It would leave us very vulnerable in midfield but if they pick a team to park the bus.........

I really hope Milner isn't played in the middle of the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any chance Klopp could spring the ultimate surprise and go all out heavy metal attack from the outset with Sturridge and Benteke up top?

Mingolet

Can, Milner

Coutinho, Lallana

Sturridge Benteke?

It would leave us very vulnerable in midfield but if they pick a team to park the bus.........

If he went with that I think you need to play a diamond and bring Lucas in at the base and drop Lalana.

Can and Milner would be able to cover a lot of ground and then if you need it in the second half bring on Firmino and Lalana for Can/Lucas and one of the strikers and switch to a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement