Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any chance Klopp could spring the ultimate surprise and go all out heavy metal attack from the outset with Sturridge and Benteke up top?

Mingolet

Clyne, Lovren, Toure, Moreno

Can, Milner

Coutinho, Lallana

Sturridge Benteke?

It would leave us very vulnerable in midfield but if they pick a team to park the bus.........

Not a chance. Neither Sturridge or Benteke like to press, Klopp barely puts up with one of them in the team, let alone both. If Origi was fit, then there'd be a possibility of 2 up top for a match like this, but it's still not Klopp's style to play two strikers, ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This could be a game where Big Ben is actually of some use if started, but Moreno will need to put in some good crosses - Milner certainly will.

This is a fun read on the guardian - the Ineptness Index. Liverpool score well in one or two well known areas of the pitch http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/may/05/premier-league-ineptitude-index-2015-16-leicester-city
    Aston Villa 79
    West Bromwich Albion 74
    Norwich 70
    Crystal Palace 67
    Newcastle 63
    Liverpool 61
    Everton 58
    Swansea City 57
    Bournemouth 57
    Tottenham Hotspur 51
    Watford 50
    Arsenal 47
    Chelsea 42
    West Ham 41
    Stoke 36
    Sunderland 36
    Southampton 29
    Leicester 28
    Manchester City 24
    Manchester United 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This could be a game where Big Ben is actually of some use if started, but Moreno will need to put in some good crosses - Milner certainly will.

Said it last week but I would go with Benteke up top with firm instructions to get himself into the box and no pissing about on the wings or dropping deep. The game is going to play out almost exactly like last week and I would rather see crosses knocked into Benteke than Sturridge pot shots into Row Z.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

two match threads

bold-strategy.png

Oh didn't realise - whatever, they can be merged, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I reckon it'll be Can and Allen in the centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

200w.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Me in work all day

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Grayditch wrote: »
    Me either. Like I literally can't see where anyone said it.

em.... 7 posts previous to yours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I don't see how he can drop Allen after recent performances.

I never understand Lallana being picked, he's useless as far as I can see. And I definitely don't like Lallana, Firmino and Coutinho being on the pitch with a striker as well, it leaves too much hard work for the others in the team. It's all or nothing, it needs everything to go our way or its bust.

I'm not sure about bringing Can back in after injury but you'd have to see him in training. Lucas does a good DM job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I never understand Lallana being picked, he's useless as far as I can see. And I definitely don't like Lallana, Firmino and Coutinho being on the pitch with a striker as well, it leaves too much hard work for the others in the team. It's all or nothing, it needs everything to go our way or its bust.

I'm not sure about bringing Can back in after injury but you'd have to see him in training. Lucas does a good DM job.

Lalana is nearly always the first point of the press. He's like a Jack Russell chaing players down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Lalana is nearly always the first point of the press. He's like a Jack Russell chaing players down.

Agreed, but I would have hoped for a little less headless chicken, and a little more skill/positive contribution to the team would do a little more for us as an attacking player. I haven't seen the stats, but as far as I can see he rarely provides goals or assists against decent opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lallana is picked for his pressing and he is very good at it, I loose count how many times a game he knicks back possession, the problem with him is he isn't creative enough and doesn't do much with it when he has it.
    If I'm dropping anyone its Firmino who hasn't been at the races lately.

Allen for me has to start aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Agreed, but I would have hoped for a little less headless chicken, and a little more skill/positive contribution to the team would do a little more for us as an attacking player. I haven't seen the stats, but as far as I can see he rarely provides goals or assists against decent opposition.

Klopp teams need people like Lalana who will press early and force the opposition into mistakes or playing the ball early.

What you want is people like Lalana to win the ball high up the field lay it off to another player and make a run to show for the ball again to create space.

I agree he hasn't gotten enough goals or assists for us but his other work has been great for the team in the last 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Match thread here lads. I think this game needs at least two poster's mojo and me and Lloyd worked so well against Dortmund.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99621239#post99621239

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Seats going in on the upper tier of the new stand, from RAWK, Barcelona officials have been visiting the club to see how Liverpool have kept the stadium at near full capacity while expanding it (Nou Camp is going to get an expansion/refurb)

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=315184.0;attach=271074;image

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=315184.0;attach=271076;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=315184.0;attach=271072;image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We all now the Barca scouts were just using that as a cover to keep tabs on Coutinho ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And we'll reveal our capacity secrets to them for the modest sum of one Luis Suarez.

• Advertisement

Us to qualify is an enhanced offer on Paddy Power. Means we won't be qualifying. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Stadium looks great. FSG, in the main, have been quite good for liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

BornTobyWilde standby please, we may need your input early in the second half!

Coutinho named in the Brazil squad for the Copa Firmino isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Coutinho named in the Brazil squad for the Copa Firmino isn't.

Meh, it's only a stupid fake Copa anyway.

Can starting, hopefully he's fully fit.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Match thread here lads. I think this game needs at least two poster's mojo and me and Lloyd worked so well against Dortmund.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99621239#post99621239

Gone!? Do we all lose our thanks? Should have been merged.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Gone!? Do we all lose our thanks? Should have been merged.

Gonna avoid the match thread in protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Big game for Sturridge..... only 2 hat tricks will do.

Whatever happens don't go in 2-0 up at half time.

Oh Lallana.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Can is the difference so far.

Absolutely immense.

Lovren the new BOSS

'Klopp's gonna kill you!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Turtyturd wrote: »
    'Klopp's gonna kill you!!'

He is fcuking awesome

F*ck off ref.

Man marking the keeper...Love Kolo so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Lovren the new BOSS
    Amazing the difference when he hasn't that clown Skertl beside him. The real boss tho is Can..... what a talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Great first half, Can looks like he never missed a game, the goals will come, we'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Not bad first half, we'd still be waiting for Benteke to be in the box for the goal Turd.

What a soft yellow for Clyne.

Can and Milner very good and no stupid pot shots with Sturridge on the pitch.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

their either gonna get sent off or get us sent off ,awful gamesmanship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Stress drinkin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Kolo's a legend. Imagine what a beast Yaya would be if he had the spirit of Kolo

K-9 wrote: »
    Not bad first half, we'd still be waiting for Benteke to be in the box for the goal Turd.

What a soft yellow for Clyne.

Can and Milner very good and no stupid pot shots with Sturridge on the pitch.

Wasn't going to say anything but since you mention it Sturridge has spent more time deeper than Firmino than in the box.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Stress drinkin'.

On my 12th flagon

Firmino should have put his hands on his head in disgust too when the ball went in. :pac:

Pot shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think we're going to do it lads. All the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    On my 12th flagon

I'm getting emotional now watching it. This post took a really long time to type.

It's not his fault, he's out of position.

• Advertisement

I feel a sucker punch coming :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement