Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

13173844_10156798960635307_5650153938978243842_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f2b05f50369273c2fd8244caea6b8aa6&oe=57B5965D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Nuclear strike buddy...it's the only way to be sure.

Don't I know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Sturridge put himself in some good positions and got his goal though I still suspect he'll be allowed to leave for the right price.

he is one of the most clinical strikers we've had for a while but he just doesnt suit the system imo and isnt happy to sit on the bench. Is there any interest in him though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Lovren was fantastic tonight. Some turn around by him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

90 long mins from a possible appearance in the group stages of the Champions League a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Really hoping AIG chooses to support Sevilla over Liverpool in the final, seems to be the kiss of death for most teams.

Win, win, win. Liverpool win with the most Klopp performance in the history of Klopp performances. The German Captain of the Liverpool U boat caught the yellow submarine in his sights and unloaded three torpedoes which blew it to pieces. In Denis Suarez is a man who had the Suarez name bestowed upon him but in reality he is not fit to carry such a title and would be best served to change it by deed poll. However in red we witnessed 14 warriors more than worthy of inheriting the name but instead they chose to cement each of their own names in the history books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

hh0ORsg.png

<3

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Nuke the ****ers from orbit, like my third match thread.

Still pissed at that, I had an Arsenal joke in there that was good for a few thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Still pissed at that, I had an Arsenal joke in there that was good for a few thanks.

I guess this is how farmers feel after a failed crop.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I guess this is how farmers feel after a failed crop.

At least I won't have to wait a year for another Arsenal joke opportunity.

• Advertisement

2 cup finals in his first half year. He'll need four next year. Thankfully, we'll be in the supercup final after winning the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

One of many great moments tonight - Klopp's reaction to Lovren's tackle prior to Milner's gorgeous pass to Lallana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

How the hell has Basel been selected as the stadium for the final, it has a capacity of 36,000 for UEFA games. That's a joke.

How the hell has Basel been selected as the stadium for the final, it has a capacity of 36,000 for UEFA games. That's a joke.

Yeah it was mentioned a few rounds back. Ridiculous decision. We'd fill that twice ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Makes it even better when you think of how they reacted after they won the first leg

And I particularly loved that they tried their cheating nonsense latin rubbish during the first half but we were just too on top, too athletic, too ON IT for them to get close enough to influence the referee. Manball boys, manball.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just one question...

What the fúck has Klopp given to Kolo? He has been an absolute monster.

I'm wondering what I've been given in this thread...I've just seen Kolo Toure flying through space on a turtle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

K-9 wrote: »
    In fairness most fans of other clubs know they'll never match the aura of Liverpool in European football, it's an intangible thing money can't, or even success in the PL, can match.

It's the look of fear in opposition defenders eyes when the Anfield roar goes up, even the likes of Terry admitted how it fries normally calm, logical minds.

The one I remember was Suarez scoring against Zenit 3 or 4 years ago, ok we lost the tie, but the look of fear and capitulation in their eyes when we scored...

**** yeah!

Utd fans must nearly he experts on La Liga now,along with andersonisgod.

What with their recent support of Villarreal, Madrid, Valencia and their upcoming support of Sevilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

James Milner.
    Emre Can.
    Adam Lallana.
    Dejan Lovren.
    Joe Allen.
    Roberto Firmino.
    Kolo Toure.
    Anfield.

All unrecognisable from a few months previous.

Jurgen Klopp is a proper manager and a proper coach who knows what's needed for a team to properly compete at this level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And I particularly loved that they tried their cheating nonsense latin rubbish during the first half but we were just too on top, too athletic, too ON IT for them to get close enough to influence the referee. Manball boys, manball.

Marcelino has not taken defeat well...not well at all...
    “The fact Liverpool pressed us so much, each time we created an overlap we suffered a push or kick.”
    “Things didn’t work out. It was tough against an opponent playing with such a high tempo on the margins of the rules…"
    "Either winning or losing in those situations I keep quiet."
    Of course you do...

ChuTIl9WEAA_S5M.jpg

And Klopps retort?
    “I would not be like him one second in my life and he is a great manager.”
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAQGXlw_ZzWW9oGI3D4F2SX7mGzAu9ZM3sYnU-hX1kBWi0le_bcg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Oh the bitterness over in the United thread is glorious...apparently we are going to win the Johnstone paint trophy of europe.

Fa cup > europa league....**** off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Could you imagine how good Luis would be under Klopp I say we break the world record transfer fee to bring him home!

#BringLuisHome ;)

dfx- wrote: »
    I'm wondering what I've been given in this thread...I've just seen Kolo Toure flying through space on a turtle...

Quick someone post, Weezer's, 'we are all on drugs' yeah, every single one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lots of really great performances there tonight, its hard to single anyone out - and I guess thats what Klopp is going for - brilliant team performance.

Can and Kolo terrific though. Firmino also brilliant, loving him now. This team is really starting to excite, and thats with Sakho gone and so much to do in the summer. God bless Kloppo.

We never get enough.

rob316 wrote: »
    Oh the bitterness over in the United thread is glorious...apparently we are going to win the Johnstone paint trophy of europe.

Will that conflict with our Crown Paints commitments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Thats a bit random. I really like Sturridge though, he's actually a bit of a doofus. You could see how much the goal meant to him today after the **** thats been said. I wish the fans would love him a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Marcelino has not taken defeat well...not well at all...

Of course you do...

ChuTIl9WEAA_S5M.jpg

Kolo's quote from last week is so more sweeter now

“Next week is a final and we have to give everything to try to smash this team. You can tell that they are really, really happy but I’m saving the memory of their happiness up for next week. I like that. I like to see how happy they are right now."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MD1990 wrote: »
    Been very impressed by Milner recently. Just the type of player you want in these games. Doesn't give his opponents an inch & can come up with a moment of quality.

The criticism of him was way over the top he has had a very steady season. That's exactly what he is a solid dependable player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

It's the resignation rather than the bitterness IMO. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Odd enough video posted by Sturridge there.

Lovren really is a different player with a bit of confidence, no Skrtel, and told not to mess about with the ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

marno21 wrote: »
    Lovren was fantastic tonight. Some turn around by him.

We have looked far more solid since nobody has to deal with Skrtel. Lovren has done a great job for us lately in keeping the ball away from Mignolet. Kolo tonight covered our 'looney tune' left back a few times.

Id be amazed if we didnt have a new keeper, new CB (+Matip) and LB very very soon.

See Sturridge's celebration tonight? That's what the fans want to see, not that stupid bleedin' dance of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

monkey9 wrote: »
    See Sturridge's celebration tonight? That's what the fans want to see, not that stupid bleedin' dance of his.

I'll take either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

#martinskrtel? What?

• Advertisement

Really hoping AIG chooses to support Sevilla over Liverpool in the final, seems to be the kiss of death for most teams.

He was actually trying to mythologise this Villarreal team last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Well if we do Lannana has a spot for it alongside his actual johnstone paint trophy medal :pac:

Shamelessly stolen from whatever stream i was watching:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Knockout in Europe only one non Spanish team has knocked out a Spanish team this seaons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

That is weird....

I assume he genuinely didn't expect his team mates to wait around while he hangs around waiting to pee into a cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mike spitting absolute fire in the united thread at the moment

I feel sorry for Suarez. He really needs to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mike Riley or Mike Dean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

You can smell the cognitive dissonance over there.

Brain-cogs furiously working to reappraise beating Pards at Wembly is somehow better than a European trophy & Champs league football.

I'd rather win the Emirates cup than the FA cup.

• Advertisement

In fairness, most people with a ounce of sense would rather Europa Cup plus Champions league place over FA cup..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement