Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

ush wrote: »
    Jose Enrique to start in Basel then.

Any chance of Cissokho coming back in on loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'll assume the final is a little too early for an Origi comeback?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Any chance of Cissokho coming back in on loan?

No he's banned for performance enhancing drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Klopp said today he is potentially in with a shout. He said if people are fit for the West Brom game then they will be considered for the final. If not, hard luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

He'll be doing well to be available for Belgium this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭King_of_Kingz

https://sportshangout.wordpress.com/2016/05/06/liverpool-allocated-just-over-10000-tickets-for-europa-league-final/

Fairly dismal amount of tickets to get for a European final, don't suppose anyone on this board will be getting their hands on one? like gold dust...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I'm thinking of heading down to Basel without a ticket. Live two hours away. Hopeless ticket situation though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ush wrote: »
    I'm thinking of heading down to Basel without a ticket. Live two hours away. Hopeless ticket situation though.

You have to go, Klopp says we should all go
    The Liverpool manager said: “What I learned in life is what I can’t change I don’t think about. It’s a wonderful opportunity and we can’t change the stadium. It’s a wonderful stadium and wonderful city. It’s worth going even if you don’t have a ticket, to enjoy the city. We can’t think about the size of the stadium. If you ask who wants to see this final you will find 30 million people so there is no chance. It’s like this.”

I was pretty pissed last night and in the euphoria I booked a one way flight to Dusseldorf on the Saturday before. Plan is to go to the Dortmund v Cologne game and then head down to Basel on the Tuesday.
    I've yet to work out how I'm going to get home :o But fcuk it, its Liverpool and its a European Cup final. Ticket or not Basel will be hopping on Wednesday week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd be putting the kids out against West Brom and couldn't care less if we lost it 10 nil.

I'd be putting the kids out against West Brom and couldn't care less if we lost it 10 nil.

We gotta finish top 7 or no Europe at all next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    We gotta finish top 7 or no Europe at all next season

We're gonna be in the Champions League once we beat Sevilla sure.

Moreno is a vanity project for any manager. To hope to change the player's mentality without losing the essence of what makes him sparkle in the first place. Klopp is in a place where he can buy that finished product in the summer, and I believe he will. That's not the end for Alberto though, he's a little mentalist and will hang in there I think, to contribute in a more polished manner. He has scope for personal and professional development.

Moreno has been our only outlet with pace this season that has effected the defensive side of his game and the teams game in general.

But he isn't doing this off his own back if he was he would be dropped he is doing what the manager and coaches want, he may not follow those orders to the 100% but he is doing as told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Moreno has been our only outlet with pace this season that has effected the defensive side of his game and the teams game in general.

But he isn't doing this off his own back if he was he would be dropped he is doing what the manager and coaches want, he may not follow those orders to the 100% but he is doing as told.
    Yeah, he is the outlet on the left and Milner is the outlet on the right.

Tbh, I'm not too worried about Morenos defensive side. I think the team is set up with the LCB further out to the left to compensate for his frequent absences and the RCB and RB slide in further to the left to narrow space.

In fairness to Moreno, there hasn't been many times his absences have cost a goal or a good opportunity on goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Moreno is an issue but the biggest issue by far is the keeper. If mignolet can be replaced with a top class keeper I'd be very confident about the future.

Tbh, I'm not too worried about Morenos defensive side. I think the team is set up with the LCB further out to the left to compensate for his frequent absences and the RCB and RB slide in further to the left to narrow space.

In fairness to Moreno, there hasn't been many times his absences have cost a goal or a good opportunity on goal.

There have been plenty of such instances unfortunately. I'd be more concerned about the reckless behaviour in the latter stages of games, fouling through over exuberance or a "rush of blood" etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I can remember one where he was fouled at the opposition box and they went and scored despite there being 8 players between the ball and our goal. He was lambasted for it, unlike when another player did it at Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Very glad it's West Brom and not someone fighting for their lives, so no moral hazard with the kids out.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Hardly a shock, but it's a pity it didn't work out for him. Jordan Rossiter to leave, probably to Rangers and we'll get almost nothing for him since it is to another country.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-jordan-rossiter-leaving-liverpool-11297684

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Hardly a shock, but it's a pity it didn't work out for him. Jordan Rossiter to leave, probably to Rangers and we'll get almost nothing for him since it is to another country.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-jordan-rossiter-leaving-liverpool-11297684

He has that 30 yard goal that he scored for his team he can tell his grandkids about one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

*shrugs* too many people (esp on RAWK) seemed to think that was he was 100% Scouse he somehow had a divine right to progress at the club. He'll be one of a clutch of Academy players who'll move on - Teixiera, Sinclair and Trickett-Smith are off while Samed Yesil, Jack Dunn (injured), Ryan McLaughlin may well all follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

He has that 30 yard goal that he scored for his team he can tell his grandkids about one day.

Scouse fans realy rated him highly, a real character by all accounts, bags of personality but I have to admit I never really understood what all the fuss was about whenever I watched under 21 games.

Jay Spearing mark 2.

Apparently the club offered him the same deal as Kevin Stewart (12k per week) and his agent wanted 20k. Club turned him down, the player went back to the club a couple of months later willing to accept the 12k but the offer wasn't still on the table apparently.

Read this on a forum where one of the regular posters is apparently "in the know" as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

price690 wrote: »
    Scouse fans realy rated him highly, a real character by all accounts, bags of personality but I have to admit I never really understood what all the fuss was about whenever I watched under 21 games.

Jay Spearing mark 2.

Apparently the club offered him the same deal as Kevin Stewart (12k per week) and his agent wanted 20k. Club turned him down, the player went back to the club a couple of months later willing to accept the 12k but the offer wasn't still on the table apparently.

Read this on a forum where one of the regular posters is apparently "in the know" as they say.

Thats only £250 a week when you look at it. Hardly minting it though its better than nothing

Gundogan injured - knee !
    Misses euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

cjmc wrote: »
    Thats only £250 a week when you look at it. Hardly minting it though its better than nothing

No, it's £12,000.00 per week. It's underpants-on-your-head time, is what that is.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    No, it's £12,000.00 per week. It's underpants-on-your-head time, is what that is.

Ah i completely misunderstood . Fcuk 12k A WEEK show me where to sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Exactly. Every great team needs an idiot to draw all the attention and ire.

Liverpool have Moreno and the Liverpool superthread has you.

I can't believe Turty reported that... and there was me thinking that he could take a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I can't believe Turty reported that... and there was me thinking that he could take a joke.

That's how rumours start. Although I am sure that was the intention of the reporting/action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bitches be reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Bitches be reporting.

You can always tell when Liverpool are doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Can't believe Firmino not selected by Brazil. He's getting better and better and better. Terrific last night.

9 goals, 8 assists in 29 Premier League games.
    In his first season. 1 goal, 3 assists in Europe.

It's not the real Copa anyway, it's just a fake "presentation" one. Doesn't get you access to the Intercontinental Cup or anything - that went to the winners of last years genuine Copa. This one is based in America, and has a bunch of non South American teams in it too.

If anything, they'll care more about the Olympics, since it's on home soil, so could well select him for that.

Bitches be reporting.

Real facepalm moment from the mod there. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What are a wonderful time we live in. So I was flying back from Munich Thursday night 8:20 flight. I'm landed in dublin 9:30. Approaching landing I'm trying to get signal I get a bar. I'll check the exchange it will be instant. It half loads up. I'm still landing, what the ****ing score. I haven't felt this nervous since my leaving. As we are landing I see 2-0. 12 minutes to go. 2% on my battery. Then the betting turns suspended for what feels like an eternity. What has happened. I see a little football it's 3-0. I let out a ****en yes and everyone thinks this guy is happy we landed safety. My phone goes dead I find a plug once we get off. It's ok it finished 3-0. I can breath again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I can remember one where he was fouled at the opposition box and they went and scored despite there being 8 players between the ball and our goal. He was lambasted for it, unlike when another player did it at Newcastle.

If its the one I'm thinking of, it was because he rolled around like a fool pretending to be injured instead of getting back up and doing his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if your into following folk on snapchat our bobby is not shy,gives plenty behind the scenes insight.. search for rfirmino1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

search for RF?

I can't seem to find that username?

Tribunal rescinded the card, ye can all stop worrying and being paranoid. The mods did a stand up job and I for one think they're a fine bunch of lads.

Tribunal rescinded the card, ye can all stop worrying and being paranoid. The mods did a stand up job and I for one think they're a fine bunch of lads.

Good to see sense prevail, pat on the back time for mods now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Ciano35 wrote:
    I can't seem to find that username?

Try rfirmimo1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Try rfirmimo1

That's it thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Probably much more along the lines of what the fans want to hear from Sturridge:

“I am happy here. I have never expressed not being happy here. I think it is everyone playing devil’s advocate. They see that I have been left out sometimes and they think ‘maybe that means he is unhappy’ but at the end of the day the manager has got a job to do. He has got to pick the team that he feels is best on the day. And I have got a job to do, which is to perform when I am playing."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/220195-daniel-sturridge-that-was-my-biggest-goal-for-liverpool-so-far

I think Liverpool would be making a big mistake to sell him. You can talk about injuries, sulkiness etc. but his kind of quality is very hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

if your into following folk on snapchat our bobby is not shy,gives plenty behind the scenes insight.. search for rfirmino1

Got talking to john arne on it and he is a gent !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sergi Canos has scored what might be the fasted/quickest/earliest goal of the Championship season 22 seconds.

Canos also wants to be hugged by Klopp.
    liverpoolfcSergi Canos: "After every #LFC game, Klopp hugs every player - I want that, it's my dream."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFGYR7-JfCF/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Milkers wrote: »
    Probably much more along the lines of what the fans want to hear from Sturridge:

“I am happy here. I have never expressed not being happy here. I think it is everyone playing devil’s advocate. They see that I have been left out sometimes and they think ‘maybe that means he is unhappy’ but at the end of the day the manager has got a job to do. He has got to pick the team that he feels is best on the day. And I have got a job to do, which is to perform when I am playing."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/220195-daniel-sturridge-that-was-my-biggest-goal-for-liverpool-so-far

I think Liverpool would be making a big mistake to sell him. You can talk about injuries, sulkiness etc. but his kind of quality is very hard to find.

I think Sturridge always comes across quite well in interviews.

He has a reputation for being surly and moody but he just seems a little quieter, shyer than the average footballer.

He did a great special on Football Focus during the 13/14 season where they went to his apartment and just spent a day with him. At the time, he lived with his brother and his cousin. None of them drank or smoked, they were all quite religious. They had a huge collection of exercise equipment, music, PS4/XBox games and DVD boxsets and that was their lives.

If the worst we can say about our striker is that off the pitch, he's boring, then I'll take that every day of the week!!

He seemed to enjoy Thursday so much, it was great to see. And hearing comments like the above are great too. I worry that the injuries may have taken their toll on him because he doesn't really have the lightning pace he did, but it may come back. Tbh, I'd love him to not be picked for the Euros - a full summer of recovery and training would be great for him.

Even with all that, though, since Benteke isn't working/rated by Klopp, I'm still in favour of getting in a top level striker in the summer for competition, injury cover and, hopefully, to handle some of the demand in a 60 game season!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Canos is having a great first season of senior football in the championship, exciting to see how he gets on next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Don't know if anyone saw the criticism of Celtic in the papers by the Hillsborough campaigners.

Essentially, the Hillsborough campaigners were told that just after last weeks revelations, Celtic had announced the return of safe standing. Justifiably, the Hillsborough campaigners branded the announcement as insensitive.

Turns out it was bull**** though. The Daily Record, in an attempt to what I can only guess was to shine a bad light on Celtic, have since had to apologise.

Celtic made no announcement regarding safe standing last week. The announcement was made last June. Disgraceful behaviour from the paper imo
    Clarification on Celtic Park safe standing

AN article which appeared on our website on Thursday May 5 headlined “Celtic safe standing announcement branded 'insensitive' by Hillsborough campaigner” stated that the club's chief executive, Peter Lawwell, had announced plans for safe standing at Celtic Park the previous day.

We would like to make clear that Celtic had announced in June 2015 that a safe standing section would be introduced at Celtic Park and that Peter Lawwell did not make any announcement regarding safe standing on 4 May as we had reported.

We apologise for this error and are happy to set the record straight.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/corrections-clarifications/clarification-celtic-park-safe-standing-7913493#RJweTLFWfMoLLWtp.97

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's what they want you to think. Worse than the FA they are.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    That's what they want you to think. Worse than the FA they are.

A cat mod!? This goes all the way to the top.

Should we call you deepthroat now?

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone saw the criticism of Celtic in the papers by the Hillsborough campaigners.

Essentially, the Hillsborough campaigners were told that just after last weeks revelations, Celtic had announced the return of safe standing. Justifiably, the Hillsborough campaigners branded the announcement as insensitive.

Turns out it was bull**** though. The Daily Record, in an attempt to what I can only guess was to shine a bad light on Celtic, have since had to apologise.

Celtic made no announcement regarding safe standing last week. The announcement was made last June. Disgraceful behaviour from the paper imo

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/corrections-clarifications/clarification-celtic-park-safe-standing-7913493#RJweTLFWfMoLLWtp.97

Safe standing is a world of difference from the old terraces back in the day, and I'd like to see them introduced to English football. I know it won't happen at Anfield anytime soon, even if they are greenlit for stadiums, but done properly it'd be good for football in general I reckon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement