Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Ward out for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Boggers! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Ward out for the rest of the season.

Ah bollix, was looking forward to seeing him in a couple of games between now and the end of the season, what happened him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Bogdan be Bogdanning today so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Sergi Canos goals for Brentford this season - the quality of his finishing speaks for itself really - only the first goal could be considered "scruffy" the third goal would please Sturridge/Suarez/Torres/Owen and this kids a winger.

How highly do you rate him? Haven't got a chance to watch much of him this year.

On what I've seen of him - I'm unreasonably excited (but I usually am about the youth!:pac:) he can drift in and out of matches and is considered more effective as a sub who can harry tiring defences but his ball control and shooting is pretty impressive. he'll surely be on the pre-season tour but his best chance is that Liverpool qualify for Europe so he can be a first team squad cup/bench rotation player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I know in general klopp isn't a fan of the Loan system but I'd like to see if canos could get enough gametime at a premier league club next season

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mignolet will start the rest of the games then. No chance Bogdan gets to go in goals unless there is an injury to Mignolet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5starpool wrote: »
    Mignolet will start the rest of the games then. No chance Bogdan gets to go in goals unless there is an injury to Mignolet.

Even then I'd put Kolo in goal before Bogdan!

Seems like the Saints are heading for a win at Spurs. Winning in Basel looking like the only way into Europe next season. Though it would be CL or nothing.

Seems like the Saints are heading for a win at Spurs. Winning in Basel looking like the only way into Europe next season. Though it would be CL or nothing.

7th gets Europa if Utd win FA cup.

Still attainable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I might be in the minority, but it's Champions League or nothing for me, I'd rather not be involved in EL next year.

Leicester won the PL this year, ManU qualified for the CL last year, Liverpool almost won the PL 2 years ago. None of those things would have happened if those teams had to play in Europa League in those seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I might be in the minority, but it's Champions League or nothing for me, I'd rather not be involved in EL next year.

Leicester won the PL this year, ManU qualified for the CL last year, Liverpool almost won the PL 2 years ago. None of those things would have happened if those teams had to play in Europa League in those seasons.

Yet we are on the brink of champs LG qualification through winning the Europa LG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

That would be a complete and utter no from me

When you have nights like against Dortmund and Villarreal it is worth a slip in league position

We have to be able to compete in the league and Europe otherwise what is the point and the only way to do that is with the experience of playing in it

Despite finishing second and even if we had won the league we were totally unprepared for playing in both the following year and it was embarrassing to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Yet we are on the brink of champs LG qualification through winning the Europa LG.

Yea, I'm aware of the ironing :p But it's still a very, very difficult tournament to win. I'd give us a much better chance of getting top 4 next year if we didn't have to play EL games, than I would of winning the EL if we are in it.

Hopefully it's all a moot point and we beat Sevilla in the final anyway.

We are going to lose so much money on Benteke who in the name of god thought he was going to be a good buy for Liverpool.

The lad will do well when he gets a team that suits his style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We are going to lose so much money on Benteke who in the name of god thought he was going to be a good buy for Liverpool.

The lad will do well when he gets a team that suits his style.

I reckon we could get 20 million for him. Crazy money will be spent this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sevilla beaten at home 4-1 by relegation candidates granada.

• Advertisement

Well whether you are in the minority or the majority you are in the opposite camp from me anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not getting up on my high horse but utterly baffled at people not wanting to be in the Europa League even after the run we've had this year..........European football is crucial lads, no point in getting into the CL and bombing straight out because your team cant navigate the knockout rounds of European competition because your squad has no experience in dealing with it......not saying I dont see the advantages of missing out. Not being in Europe might get you 1 decent season but does not in anyway prepare your squad for whats needed when you get into it, the teams/players/managers that thrive in football fight on multiple fronts for trophies year in year out and thankfully Klopp gets it even if some of us dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

rob316 wrote: »

They have only won one game in the league in the last two months, home to Betis. Prior to that, their last win was vs Villarreal on the 13th of March. Besides cup wins, they're in awful form. However they are a good cup team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

rob316 wrote: »

11 changes from Thursday so a loss probably expected but maybe not by that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Glico Man wrote: »
    They have only won one game in the league in the last two months, home to Betis. Prior to that, their last win was vs Villarreal on the 13th of March. Besides cup wins, they're in awful form. However they are a good cup team.

They haven't won away from home all season apparently. Been good at home though.

Well that was mainly a game to confirm certain existing prejudices

That Skrtel isn't good enough

That Ibe has no football brain

That Benteke is simply at the wrong club

That the Hornets early season sting has been drawn

That Lee Mason is the most pernickety and annoying ref out there

One the plus side Brannagan needs more game time I like his quick thinking and moving and Ojo is coming on but can be stronger given his size. Allen needs a new contract.

Stewart again didn't let the team down when called upon.

A good squad player to have going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ginger Mig was a big loss for Watford.

Firmino is the key player to have on form for the final and next season he has been the key to all the big wins under Klopp.

I said in the match thread when Bobby plays well Liverpool play well he is ideal Klopp forward he will run all day and has the skill to go with with.

I can see Klopp building his forward line around Bobby next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They haven't won away from home all season apparently. Been good at home though.

Sevilla away from home in the league this season:

Played: 18
    Won: 0
    Drawn: 9
    Lost: 9
    Scored: 12
    Conceded: 26
    Difference: -14

That's pretty shocking. They had an unreal home record earlier in the season, but they clearly don't travel well. Already played in St Jakob Park this season, drawing with Basel 0-0 in March. We, of course, last played there in the CL group stage last season, losing an absolute disaster of a game 0-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Firmino is the key player to have on form for the final and next season he has been the key to all the big wins under Klopp.

I said in the match thread when Bobby plays well Liverpool play well he is ideal Klopp forward he will run all day and has the skill to go with with.

I can see Klopp building his forward line around Bobby next season.

Another decent Rodgers' signing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BBC 2 now for anyone interested .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Another decent Rodgers' signing.

No.. Committee signed him.

Rodgers bought Benteke, Borini, Alberto and Aspas.

If we hadn't already got the SAS, ABBA might of caught on.

Its all down to Money money money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    BBC 2 now for anyone interested .

Just there ahead of me. Expecting some very emotional viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Just there ahead of me. Expecting some very emotional viewing.

I remember seeing a programme on Netflix Canada a few months ago about Hillsborough. It was a very good watch.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I remember seeing a programme on Netflix Canada a few months ago about Hillsborough. It was a very good watch.

I think that was the 30 for 30 doc by ESPN and it was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's it. I couldn't remember the name of it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Agreed. Fantastic coverage of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

emmetkenny wrote: »

That is what is on now on the BBC it could not be shown here until after the inquest was over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is this different to the one on Utv Ireland the other night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

paulie21 wrote: »
    Is this different to the one on Utv Ireland the other night?

The one that was on the other night was the 1996 docudrama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Here is the Hillsborough documentary for whoever hasn't seen it

its the best one Ive seen. Its very sad but gives an insight into everything that happened especially for me since it was before I was born. Some things just leave you very angry though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That was quite simply an excellent programme.

It was also, still, a very very tough watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Brilliant how they've updated the documentary to include the events of the past weeks. The documentary seems complete now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Very emotional watching that. The poor families treated like dirt

• Advertisement

What's agonising is the knowledge that the inquest that just ended should have followed directly from Lord Justice Taylor's 1990 report.

Liverpool v Watford on MOTD2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The families showed incredible courage to keep fighting for justice during setback after setback. What they were put through is unforgiveable. Phil Scraton also is a remarkable man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Danny Murphy talking about some great passes in game Spurs V Southampton
    ''Looks at these passes, incredible. These are the kinda passes you would expect to see from someone like, 'pause'.. me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

What's agonising is the knowledge that the inquest that just ended should have followed directly from Lord Justice Taylor's 1990 report.

Liverpool v Watford on MOTD2 now.

A very true statement at the end, justice delayed is justice denied.

I have a memory of watching the game live on RTÉ taking a break from studying for exams and just being horrified at what was going on.

You would have to feel pity for those PCs who actually tried to help, tried to do something, anything to help.

I still struggle to understand how all those, and there were many, who conspired to hide the truth aren't in jail as we watch that programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Raging I missed this doc, does anyone know if the version will be on BBC again soon?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement