Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Rosary beads out for the Hammers later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Agree with that but don't understand how he could even be in contention for poty. Never mind winning it.

Well it all depends on how the voting process was conducted... If it was the internet that would explain a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

ebbsy wrote: »
    Rosary beads out for the Hammers later.

10 hail Mary's he recovers quick. #prayforbeads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

How would people feel about Robbie Brady as competition for Moreno? Or Moreno as competition for Brady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

flanzer wrote: »
    How would people feel about Robbie Brady as competition for Moreno? Or Moreno as competition for Brady?

Ah would you shtop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

flanzer wrote: »

Sick.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Clyne would probably have to be my pick personally for POTY, but only as he has been consistent. I've never really been wowed by him in a game, but rarely thought he was awful in a game either. While Can, Firmino, Lovren, Origi among others have been excellent for periods of the season they each had troughs as well.

Happy for Lucas to win it thoguh in the spirit that gave Giggs the PFA award a few years ago. I'd be delighted for Lucas to stay around for a while longer too as a general squad presence as I think he still has a role to play, although not necessarily as a starter in most games when we have options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

garra wrote: »
    Club captain suggests he might be available to play a European cup final for the club, but you were hoping he would still be injured and unavailable? Worst fans in the world

Club captain goes automatically in to the starting 11 at the expense of a form player.

Before he got injured he wasn't playing well. If he wasn't club captain he probably would be on the bench if fit for the final but because he's captain he automatically starts.

Who would you leave out?

Options are Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Can or Milner?

Right now even Allen has more form.

But yeah, jump all over me for being concerned.

Just because he is club captain certainly does not mean he automatically starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Don't begrudge Lucas the award, been a fantastic figure for the club for years but don't think he should have been near winning POTY even despite the lack of standout candidates.

Would have given it to Can, to echo some of the saps above. Has come on leaps and bounds and is missed massively when out.

Firmino, double figures for goals and assists in his first season and has hit another level since Christmas also deserving imo.

Clyne, 50 games and tough to pick out a particularly poor individual performance.

Even Milner, who has had a fairly up and down season, has contributed a lot more than Lucas on the pitch.

Don't really like POTY being a Ryan GiggsTM Lifetime Achievement Award, but at least our goalkeeper didn't win it (again).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

garra wrote: »
    Club captain suggests he might be available to play a European cup final for the club, but you were hoping he would still be injured and unavailable? Worst fans in the world

Silly short sighted comment. We don't play well with Henderson in the middle, captain or not. We become very defensive and seem to loose all width when he plays. Not the man required for the upcoming final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Don't begrudge Lucas the award, been a fantastic figure for the club for years but don't think he should have been near winning POTY even despite the lack of standout candidates.

Just putting it out there - since these are internal club awards do you think he might have won because he's set to leave us in the summer and that news is only known internally right now but they wanted to recognise him?

He's been fantastic for years and in fairness he has had a good season when he's played - particularly in central defence where he should have been nowhere near but took to it well - even playing there at Wembley against the best striker in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hard to call who'd you drop for him and Allen hasn't let us down when called upon.

Can would be most improved player for me, though Lovren deserves a shout there.

Was going to put Firmino best new signing but forgot about Clyne! That's a mark of how good he has been, loads of games played too which makes Clyne even better. Needs to be managed well over the Summer.

Most disappointing was Benteke, Milner has improved the last couple of months. Coutinho never really moved on but I'd expect him to do that next season, hard to believe he's still that young.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

murpho999 wrote: »
    Myself a few others want to go to an Anfield league match next season. Does membership give you a reasonable chance of getting you tickets or do they sell out fast?

You do have a good chance - I go to about 4 games per season on my membership and manage to get them ok. Bear in mind, you won't be able to get to Utd or Everton and the other top teams may sell out before you get a look-in but you can still be in with a decent shot.

For example this season, I managed to get tickets for Bournemouth, Norwich, Sunderland, Man City (Game that got moved to midweek so lots of returns came up online) & Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

The player of the year award Lucas received was voted by the ringers at one of those legends events they often have, so not the 'official' one per se. In saying that I do hope Lucas sticks around for another season, his performances at centre back this year give cause to him sticking around a bit longer hopefully.
    On my POTY id probably say can, closely followed by clyne. No sooner had klopp came in can became his main man and has not looked back since, good riddance to his days being wasted as a centre back or right back, farcical stuff that was.
    Whoever mentioned Steve finnan when describing clyne hit the nail on the head for me, always reliable, rarely if ever lets down but never really grabs the headlines (not that many right backs do tbf)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dunno how this isn't Migs to be honest... must have misjudged it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Most reliable for sure is Clyne probably followed by Lucas
    Most improved is Dejan followed by Allen

For me Player of the year is probably the Count , I know he goes missing but has been integral to our best results with Bobby a close second and Milner rounding out the podium

Can was muck for large sections of the first part of the season , he has improved greatly under Klopp , and I cannot wait to see this progression continue , he really has a high ceiling for where he could go , but for his position he contributes too little still ,

I really really like Lucas and hope he stays around but he is a long way from POTY for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's great having Clyne, a proper throwback to the Finnan days of having a solid right back. No worries, no heart in mouth moments.
    Same again for the left now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What are people's preferred teams for the final?

Me (oh okay then Mig :rolleyes:)

Clyne
    Lovren
    Toure
    Moreno (:()

Lucas
    Can

Milner
    Coutinho

Firmino

Sturridge

Others:

Lallana
    Allen
    Henderson?
    Beneteke
    Ibe (just no)
    Some of the kids?

I kind of want the players listed on the pitch, how well they would work together is of course questionable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

5starpool wrote: »
    Just because he is club captain certainly does not mean he automatically starts.

Think its written in his contract. That and 'first everything' when on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What are people's preferred teams for the final?

Me (oh okay then Mig :rolleyes:)

Clyne
    Lovren
    Toure
    Moreno (:()

Lucas
    Can

Milner
    Coutinho

Firmino

Sturridge

Others:

Lallana
    Allen
    Henderson?
    Beneteke
    Ibe (just no)
    Some of the kids?

I kind of want the players listed on the pitch, how well they would work together is of course questionable

Think Lucas will be on the bench. Milner in middle, Lallana on right. Cou on left.

I wonder if Origi might just make it back in time for consideration in the final PL game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Firmino POTY for me, then Can......

They both kind of sum up where we are at the moment, a bit inconsistent but capable of excellent displays and have bright futures. I really rate Firmino, he's got that unpredictability about him in attack that make average players great. I'm not saying he's the finished article or anything but when you look at how he's done in his first season here i'm confident he'll keep improving and hits another level. As long as Klopp stays I think he'll push on as its evident Klopp is also a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lucas shouldn't start. Lallana will start as Klopp as asid he relies on him for pressing. I would start Origi if fit & use Sturridge as a sub. Be great if Ings & Henderson could make the bench too.

Mignolet
    Clyne---Lovren---Toure--Moreno
    Milner
    Can----
    Lallana
    Firmino----Coutinho
    Origi(if fit)/Sturridge---

Tbh it's hard to look past the 11 that played last Thursday, simple as for me.

Sorry Lucas fans, Allen would be next in line before him atm.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Seville are a team that looks to get on the front foot and score goals rather than defend, which ironically means Lucas is probably less important, the space to attack will be there and getting the ball forward quickly is the key.

K-9 wrote: »
    Tbh it's hard to look past the 11 that played last Thursday, simple as for me.

Sorry Lucas fans, Allen would be next in line before him atm.

Yeah, I'd definitely go with the same starting 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will he start the final team tomorrow against Chelsea I wonder.

If fit, the certainties to start are:

Mignolet
    Clyne
    Lovren
    Moreno
    Can
    Milner
    Firmino
    Coutinho
    Lallana

This leaves 2 spots, 1 of which will very likely be filled by Toure (only alternative is Skrtel or maybe Lucas), and the other will depend on tactics so could be any one from:

Lucas
    Allen
    Henderson (if fit)
    Sturridge - I reckon he will choose Sturridge though
    Origi (if fit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I completely forgot we were playing tomorrow, i'm a bad fan :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The question isn't who do you think will start but more who would you start?

Vicxas wrote: »
    I completely forgot we were playing tomorrow, i'm a bad fan :(

Don't worry, I'm the worst apparently!! :pac:

Definitely the same starting 11 if no injuries. I think they'll carry the momentum in to the final from last Thursday's game.

Toure and Lovren worked really well together. Can and Milner were really good in midfield and Milner was really stepping up in a big game. Did it again Dortmund too.

Lallana for his work rate with Firmino and Coutinho. Sturridge definitely up top even if Origi is fit I'd rather have him come off the bench for Sturridge. (I'd trust Origi more to score a penalty if it came to it.)

Clyne picks himself and I'd have to stick with Moreno just because there's no other experienced alternative for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Full team out tomorrow. Go for the win. Beat a mentally weak Chelsea. Keep momentum going, instill winning mentality and keep players match fit.

No point in resting players for a game in week's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I think he will, makes sense. Full week rest before final. 2nd team starts at weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I see there is a neutral fanzone being set up on one of the main squares in Basel.
    https://www.basel.com/en/UEFA-Europa-League-Final-18-May-2016-Basel

Anyone know if this is likely to have a big TV screen showing the game? I'm going but not that confident of getting a ticket in the ballot. If theres no big screen its Paddy Reillys pub for me. There's not a hope of a hotel in Basel so I hope Paddy won't mind me sleeping on his bar counter :o

Mignolet

--Clyne
    Toure
    Lovren
    Moreno--

Can
    Milner

----Firmino
    Coutinho
    Lallana

Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Mignolet

--Clyne
    Toure
    Lovren
    Moreno--

Can
    Milner

----Firmino
    Coutinho
    Lallana

Sturridge

That's the one.

Just looked at Sevilla's form this season in Europe.

They won 1 away game in Europe but have put teams away at home including Juventus.

Also someone showed they haven't won any away league fixture.

I'm becoming optimistic............ I don't like feeling this way, I know what's going to happen. :(

• Advertisement

Still the same answer I'm afraid.

The back 5 picks itself atm.
    Milner and Can get there on merit, Milner has really stepped up the last couple of months.
    Firmino, Lallana and Coutinho pick themselves really.
    Sturridge simply because it isn't an away leg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Spurs want Lallana apparently. Poch want's to work with him again. £20Million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm the worst apparently!! :pac:

Worst fan of the worst fans in all of sport is quite the achievement, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Spurs want Lallana apparently. Poch want's to work with him again. £20Million

I would take the 20m , Lots of effort little impact player imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Id keep lallana as a squad player. Klopp seems to love him so dont think hes going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Would take 20 million for Lallana. I would trust Klopp to replace or upgrade on players like him and Henderson who run around a lot and contribute little else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

I wouldn't sell anyone outside of the obvious... Benteke balotelli etc. We need to build a squad. Too much change every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What we need is a keeper to challange Migs. A CB, CM, Winger and a Striker.

Ter-Stegen, Vermarleen, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Walcott, and Defoe

If Lallana is "worth" 20 mil now, he'll be worth more after Liverpool win the EL and CL in the next 12 months.

Clyne, Lovren, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Coutinho, Firmino, Origi are the players I would not want to lose.

I'd keep Lucas for his experience and the way he seems to be a father figure for the south american players who come to the club in there personal lives.

I'd like to keep Allen as a squad player but I'm not sure he would be happy being a squad player.

Henderson, Lallana & Benteke can go for the right price.

A decent offer for any of the others and I'd let them go.

Sturridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

What we need is a keeper to challange Migs. A CB, CM, Winger and a Striker.

Ter-Stegen, Vermarleen, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Walcott, and Defoe

tumblr_o5yjbvGTgW1v85rsuo1_250.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement