Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

That Lalanna story has come from The Sun so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He's upgradable but could definitely play a big part in the squad, plus he gets the style of play, so yep, there's 4 areas of the team I'd be addressing first.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Defoe was laughed at on here a few years ago so... Great buy for Sunderland though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

K-9 wrote: »
    Defoe was laughed at on here a few years ago so... Great buy for Sunderland though.

So was Sturridge!
    Can't beat not giving a player a chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

What we need is a keeper to challange Migs. A CB, CM, Winger and a Striker.

Ter-Stegen, Vermarleen, Grzegorz Krychowiak, Walcott, and Defoe

I reckon that'd be a sackable offence tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I see there is a neutral fanzone being set up on one of the main squares in Basel.
    https://www.basel.com/en/UEFA-Europa-League-Final-18-May-2016-Basel

Anyone know if this is likely to have a big TV screen showing the game? I'm going but not that confident of getting a ticket in the ballot. If theres no big screen its Paddy Reillys pub for me. There's not a hope of a hotel in Basel so I hope Paddy won't mind me sleeping on his bar counter :o

The fan zone in Basel is alcohol free I believe. Better get a good spot in a bar instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I reckon that'd be a sackable offence tbh.

Defoe would be better than Benteke and Mario.
    Vermaelen was solid for Arsenal, he's a good center back as good as sakho.
    Walcott is a great player. If he could stay fit i'd take him no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    Just because he is club captain certainly does not mean he automatically starts.
    It's a non story. Hasn't Klopp already said that if Henderson doesn't feature in the final league game, he won't be considered for the Europa League Final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'd be hesitant to sell Lallana to Pochettino for any amount. Inevitable that he'd go on to Ballon d'Or nominee levels within six months and probably win Spurs the league.

Even more certain that the story is tabloid bollocks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Vermaelen was solid for Arsenal, he's a good center back as good as sakho.

Defoe would be an utterly pointless signing for us. He's 33 and would offer no more than Sturridge, Ings or Origi next season.

Vermaelen was solid for a brief period a few years ago at Arsenal and has barely stayed fit since, and you hit the nail on the head with Walcott - if he could stay fit. He has had ten years in the PL, isn't a guaranteed starter for club or country, has numerous injury problems and doesn't contribute a whole lot when fit.

For two decades we have signed squad players and wondered why we haven't been able to make a step up. This season, we should focus on adding genuine quality and taking this opportunity to take a step up instead of treading water.

--

On the Lallana link, I don't see Klopp selling him. He has become a permanent fixture in the side since Klopp took over and I'd be very surprised if he was allowed to leave. I wouldn't want him to go either. I think we do need to add to that part of the team, but if we want to compete in 3/4 competitions next season, we need quality in depth and I think Lallana offers that. Tbh, I wish a few others in the team had his industry and effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Vermaelan, so solid they thought he was part of the furniture in the physio room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Vermaelan, so solid they thought he was part of the furniture in the physio room.

Vermaelan signed for Barca 10/08/14. I was honoured, privileged and humbled to be present at his debut, at home to Depor, on 23/05/2015. Maybe he'd been on maternity leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The last time Walcott had the opportunity to leave Arsenal he didn't want to leave London which kind of narrows down his options.

Premier League:
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace
    Tottenham
    Watford
    West Ham

Championship:
    Brentford
    Charlton
    Fulham
    QPR

League One:
    Millwall

League Two:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Barnet
    Dagenham & Redbridge
    Leyton Orient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Probably mentioned already, but Moreno again dived in recklessly for no reason against Watford. When Ighalo had his chance that Mig excellently saved, Moreno came across and dived in when all he had to do was stand his ground.

Not even a week on from almost costing us a penalty (a sure fire peno, too), and he learned nothing. His decision making absolutely baffles me. Genuinely worse than Glen Johnson's ever was.

Anyway, that's an issue for the summer. I just hope he can have one his good displays in the final. In his defence, he always busts his gut and gives his all, so he won't let you down in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Talisman wrote: »
    The last time Walcott had the opportunity to leave Arsenal he didn't want to leave London which kind of narrows down his options.

Premier League:
    Chelsea
    Crystal Palace
    Tottenham
    Watford
    West Ham

Championship:
    Brentford
    Charlton
    Fulham
    QPR

League One:
    Millwall

League Two:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Barnet
    Dagenham & Redbridge
    Leyton Orient
    He supports lfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He supports lfc

Liverpool aren't in London though and he's said he dosent want to leave London.

He'd want big money to play for Liverpool and that's assuming he could even stay fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Defoe is a great worker and can get goals, but does he fit the profile of player for FSG/Klopp - 33 now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You should always want to sign players better than your current starting 11 and that pushes your starting 11 players to squad players/competing to stay in the starting 11.

I'd rather see Liverpool use whatever the transfer budget is on 2/3 players trying to find a great player. One great player makes such a huge difference. Obviously easier said than done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

So?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

30 years ago today.....

rushrex_3148360k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fromvert wrote: »
    You should always want to sign players better than your current starting 11 and that pushes your starting 11 players to squad players/competing to stay in the starting 11.

I'd rather see Liverpool use whatever the transfer budget is on 2/3 players trying to find a great player. One great player makes such a huge difference. Obviously easier said than done!

Completely agree, although I think 1/2 squad players will probably always come in based on value/position etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The fan zone in Basel is alcohol free I believe. Better get a good spot in a bar instead.

ah jaysis, bloody Swiss and their rules :rolleyes: Some pub it is so, I'd say the place will be hopping in any case. Got my ticket for Dortmund v Cologne for this Saturday so happy out I'll get to see them play and Liverpool win the Europa all in the space of 5 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ah jaysis, bloody Swiss and their rules :rolleyes: Some pub it is so, I'd say the place will be hopping in any case. Got my ticket for Dortmund v Cologne for this Saturday so happy out I'll get to see them play and Liverpool win the Europa all in the space of 5 days

This cockiness really does my head in. You might not see Dortmund this Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Man U's race for 4th
    11-ItsaWonderfulLife.gif

We're hardly ones to talk really. We've blown more than enough leads this season that would have seen us be comfortably in the top 4. 2-0 up against Sunderland, Newcastle and Southampton and we got 2 points from them. Even 7 points from those would have us favourites for 4th, and possible for 2nd/3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yep it's been that sort of season - still win a game next Wednesday and no one will give a fig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

OK, our race for 4th to even it up /
    0aCqJQT.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yep it's been that sort of season - still win a game next Wednesday and no one will give a fig

If we lose that, there'll be some invasion here. It would put Normandy to shame :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

ebbsy wrote: »
    Rosary beads out for the Hammers later.

I also said 10 male hairies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wonder what the coverage would have been like had we moved from Anfield? A 3 hour special on Sky Sports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wonder what the coverage would have been like had we moved from Anfield? A 3 hour special on Sky Sports?

We would all find out it was never called Anfield in the first place.

We'd get to see Doni again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I imagine if we don't finish 7th or higher and lose on wednesday, someone somewhere will be saying 'Klopp Out'.

We would all find out it was never called Anfield in the first place.

I know it is generally referred to as Upton Park, but I'm surprised how many people said they had never heard it called the Boleyn Ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I know it is generally referred to as Upton Park, but I'm surprised how many people said they had never heard it called the Boleyn Ground.

I can't understand how any football fan has never heard it being called that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Until this year never. It was always Upton Park to me, and I'm semi-old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I would take them missing out on CL in any fashion, but another Aggguerrrrooooo!! moment would be nice.

ibrbOoRe6fTRMf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It was the Boleyn Ground all along

200w.gif

The clues were all there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ebbsy wrote: »
    I also said 10 male hairies.

Part of me wants to see City not get a CL spot, for all the money they have spent they have been abysmal this season, would also mean two clubs with the rich owners go out of Top 4 and also their fans just don't deserve CL football seeing as they don't sell the games out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

murpho999 wrote: »
    Part of me wants to see City not get a CL spot, for all the money they have spent they have been abysmal this season, would also mean two clubs with the rich owners go out of Top 4 and also their fans just don't deserve CL football seeing as they don't sell the games out.

Part of me wants to see Jose Mourinho slumming it in the Europa League...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

monkey9 wrote: »
    I can't understand how any football fan has never heard it being called that before.

I had heard it but always thought it was the 'Bowling Ground' that the commentators were saying. Always thought it was an odd name for a football stadium. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

kfallon wrote: »
    30 years ago today.....

rushrex_3148360k.jpg

Wow, that's the day I fell in love with Liverpool.. The memories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I would take them missing out on CL in any fashion, but another Aggguerrrrooooo!! moment would be nice.

ibrbOoRe6fTRMf.gif

Now THAT'S a gif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

corwill wrote: »

ibrbOoRe6fTRMf.gif

Now THAT'S a gif.

Gets better each time you watch it, theres something going on everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Tonight's game is Klopp's 50th game as Liverpool manager in just over 7 months as manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

OK, our race for 4th to even it up /
    0aCqJQT.gif

I dunno, this feels more like our 'race' for fourth

2rrFBbH.gif

ibrbOoRe6fTRMf.gif

Rafa.

You traitor!

ibrbOoRe6fTRMf.gif

The Dortmund one is funnier though. The United one is just mesmerising.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Rafa.

You traitor!

The guy rubbing his hands in glee is great, plus a young David Moyes is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

The guy in the grey jumper is the best, what is he looking at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement