Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

i never buy the "i didn't know" excuse,from any athlete, deserves his ban if true, but their all at it in fairness

Couldn't agree more.

If football is yourlife, your career, your job, surely you'd check with the club or their doctor before taking anything at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

If he's spoken to the club and they are leaving him out during the investigation then i'd say he told them he's guilty.
    Ye'd wonder why a pro footballer that looks after themselves would need fat burners mid season. Sorry to see this, he was looking really good for us and improving every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

id say fat burners is just the name of the pills that the target drugs their after are in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

FFS......absolutely raging......how stupid can you be?

What did Kolo get for his drugs failure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Six months.

Six months.

Well I guess if you're gonna fail one April time is a good time!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

At least it is just a Sakho thing and the club are not implicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Steady on now, he wasn't snorting crack!

I'd rather he was. If this is true he has let the club down massively and if he wasn't so popular there would be more anger

I'd rather he was. If this is true he has let the club down massively and if he wasn't so popular there would be more anger

Bigtime. Europa semi final and an important player missing through this. Ridiculous carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

He is either a cheat or a complete fukcin moron, take your pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

keZYKBr.jpg

I wouldn't know the first thing about sport science and such, but am I right in assuming that "fat burners" is a lot more sinister than just plain old diet pills?......in other words, is fat burners basically point to Sakho taking performance enhancing drugs? I mean I like the guy but if he did that his contract should probably be voided......cant have that hanging round the club.......I mean, if he did take performance enhancing drugs its premeditated etc.......man, I hate football sometimes.

He is either a cheat or a complete fukcin moron, take your pick.

Wouldn't rule out both just yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Idiot. He has jeopardised the club's progress in Europe and quite frankly anyone who considering him captain or vice captain material after this is smoking some good sh1t.

Gone for the season. Moron.

Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.

For me he has to do a lot to win back the trust of the fans and team. Luckily Lovren has stabilised his form.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I wouldn't know the first thing about sport science and such, but am I right in assuming that "fat burners" is a lot more sinister than just plain old diet pills?......in other words, is fat burners basically point to Sakho taking performance enhancing drugs? I mean I like the guy but if he did that his contract should probably be voided......cant have that hanging round the club.......I mean, if he did take performance enhancing drugs its premeditated etc.......man, I hate football sometimes.

Yeah can see the club taking a serious line with him.

Rightly so.

If it's all true obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hope it was just an honest mistake. Cant believe he'd do this on purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I suppose the interesting thing will be if it comes out that this is just an isolated case or if this is endemic at Liverpool. Could be more to come out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

See how long it takes for people to change it from fat burners to steroids.

Lads are outdoing themselves. Drooling all over themselves in at least three different threads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,253 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I suppose the interesting thing will be if it comes out that this is just an isolated case or if this is endemic at Liverpool. Could be more to come out

Don't go over the top whatever you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Vicxas wrote: »
    I hope it was just an honest mistake. Cant believe he'd do this on purpose

Ah yeah the good aul "I was spiked" defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Benefit of the doubt here lads, he could very well have taken something that was prescribed to treat a particular ailment.

Doesn't matter. It's up to the individual athlete to check that whatever he's putting in his body isn't on the banned substance list regardless of who prescribed it for him. At best it's a careless/lazy/honest mistake which he'll get 6 months for. At worst it's something he;s been doing regularly or is part of a deliberate program to enhance performance/reduce fat etc in which case they'll throw the bloody book at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jaysus, that's some start for ye.

Glass hasn't been injured in a month, is he on something?

The timing. The run. The takedown. The turn. The shot.

All perfect.

Mr Glass Best In The Business.

1045facdcccbfe4d7f68a0a072ee42c5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Should he not be given the benefit of the doubt? We've had 'idiot' and 'prick' in this page alone this is the same Sakho who is a Dortmund Hero.

I would be very dissapointed were it true though. Either way, disaster, he's a very important player.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Should he not be given the benefit of the doubt? We've had 'idiot' and 'prick' in this page alone this is the same Sakho who is a Dortmund Hero.

I would be very dissapointed were it true though. Either way, disaster, he's a very important player.

Same people are probably regular contributors to the Toure love in.

Well done Adam.
    More of that more often please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Should he not be given the benefit of the doubt?
    Only if there is actual doubt. Once a blood test comes up positive there's very little room for doubt. Yes he can ask for the "B" sample to be tested but he's clutching at straws that somehow his "A" sample was contaminated and his "B" sample will be clean.

Only two outcomes here:-

1. It's a genuine stupid/careless mistake. He puts his hands up, apologies to everyone and does his 6 months in good grace whilst working his boll0ck$ off helping the U21's or Youth squads or even local charities etc.

2. He's been caught red handed implementing a premeditated cheating program in which case the club has to terminate his contract and fire him. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

From their celebration in the recent match its obvious Kolo is his dealer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

With Toure taking a diuretic and playing 90 minutes is risky business and I see little advantage that can be obtained by creating a dehydrating body environment to play under. His only reason that i can think of is that the club told him to be under a certain weight and he was due to be weighed and was doing something similar to boxers struggling to make their weight division. Bendroflumethiazide is what it is rumoured that Sakho has taken also, the same a Toure. Google it and have a look at the side effects - lots there that would impede an athlete's performance. It is banned by WADA due to the risks to health when used by the afore mentioned boxer example. There are no 'fat burners' if they would be everywhere for obvious reasons and various health services wouldn't be in a hoop over an obesity epidemic. There are of course any number of stimulants that improve endurance that allows longer and harder training sessions that result in quicker reduction in body fat %. If I took a guess guess and I reckon good outside bet that it will turn out to be HGH that is the substance in question with Sakho. It is naturally occurring at certain levels hence the tentative allegation of performance enhancement until the B sample is checked to rules out a laboratory anomaly. If the B sample shows unusually high levels of HGH he is looking at a substantial ban!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sergi Canos scored his sixth goal for Brentford during the first half - a 25 yard blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll say it again for the hundred time but Stewart really is impressing me when he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

shur he said it was in fat burning pills,that he was unaware,so there can be no doubt he took them as he said so.

• Advertisement

Lallana's 4th PL goal for us this season, poor haul for almost 30 games but Sterling has scored just 6 PL goals for Man City so far this campaign :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

How long is the investigation likely to last? Days? Weeks? Months?
    Surely they'd check both samples before coming out with allegations?

Augeo wrote: »
    Bizarre if true, it's only since Sturridge has been available that we've seen a marked improvement in performances & results. He has a huge positive impact on the team.

No doubt. Any team in the world would be better for Sturridge being in it. If they can sort it out then we have a striker that I wouldn't even swap for Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

shur he said it was in fat burning pills,that he was unaware,so there can be no doubt he took them as he said so.

Why even bother with a B sample then? If he admitted to taking them then he's better off just accepting his punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Augeo wrote: »
    Lallana's 4th PL goal for us this season, poor haul for almost 30 games but Sterling has scored just 6 PL goals for Man City so far this campaign :pac:

I look back at that sterling transfer with the exact opposite sentiment that I have to the failed delle Alli one. The benefits of hindsight :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Only if there is actual doubt. Once a blood test comes up positive there's very little room for doubt. Yes he can ask for the "B" sample to be tested but he's clutching at straws that somehow his "A" sample was contaminated and his "B" sample will be clean.

Only two outcomes here:-

1. It's a genuine stupid/careless mistake. He puts his hands up, apologies to everyone and does his 6 months in good grace whilst working his boll0ck$ off helping the U21's or Youth squads or even local charities etc.

2. He's been caught red handed implementing a premeditated cheating program in which case the club has to terminate his contract and fire him. End of.

On your second point. Why terminate ? Seems a very 'end of' scenario.

No doubt. Any team in the world would be better for Sturridge being in it. If they can sort it out then we have a striker that I wouldn't even swap for Aguero

He's well up there on ability but he needs a largely injury free season next year.
    I look back at that sterling transfer with the exact opposite sentiment that I have to the failed delle Alli one. The benefits of hindsight :rolleyes:

Sterling out Firmino & Ings in wasn't bad business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

MD1990 wrote: »
    I thought the other night was interesting. Some would say strikers claiming goals is good but I thought Sturridge trying to claim Coutinho's goal was a bit bizarre & selfish if it wasn't just a joke.

A complete contrast to Origi on a hatrick against Southampton in the Carling Cup happy to give up a goal despite clearly flicking the ball in. Along with Origi's tireless worth ethic its probably why I prefer Origi's style of play & he is more a team player.

Its also why Suarez was always much more popular than Sturridge as well as being a better player. Sturridge has great quality but his selfish streak does sometimes annoy me especially now where our style of play is so demanding.

I remember Sterling doing something similar when Suarez scored in the run in away to Cardiff in 13/14, always stuck in my mind about him, the signs of greed came early :D not exactly similar but Sterling wasn't happy that he wasn't given a tap in, with the run you were on you'd think he wouldn't care less,

Go on Rafa !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hmmm so we have now lost a two nil lead twice since Mr Glass came back into he team Hmmm

World class Mr Glass.

Hmmm so we have now lost a two nil lead twice since Mr Glass came back into he team Hmmm

He came off on the 70th minute v S'ton, we were winning 2-1 at that stage. Poor effort old chap but the turd no doubt appreciates the sentiment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mignolet :rolleyes:

klose wrote: »
    Mignolet :rolleyes:

Has to be upgraded in the summer.

Mignolet, Randall and Glass costing us points.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement