Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I like the lady who can't clap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'll miss van gaal when he is gone. Loved his confidence sure only for the injuries they would have won the league. He conveniently forgets that other teams get injuries too.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    Part of me wants to see City not get a CL spot, for all the money they have spent they have been abysmal this season, would also mean two clubs with the rich owners go out of Top 4 and also their fans just don't deserve CL football seeing as they don't sell the games out.

Either way it'll be satisfying. I hope whoever does make it though loses in the playoffs for the craic. Are Everton the only English team to lose in the CL playoffs so far? I know we came close to going out at that stage a couple of times but didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

corwill wrote: »

She looks like Mrs. Clause....:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ya know the worse thing in this whole Upton Park controversy. I've been to the stadium and I have relatives in the area, who are diehard West Ham fans.
    And I've only ever heard the word Boleyn in reference to two things; the movie, The Other Boleyn Girl and the Boleyn wan that had something going on with Henry VIII.

I really am a sap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I wonder if her inability to clap has anything to do with her previously having the clap :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Diego costa the ultimate bastard wont be playing tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ricero wrote: »
    Diego costa the ultimate bastard wont be playing tonight

Good. Reduces the chances of someone getting injured.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ya know the worse thing in this whole Upton Park controversy. I've been to the stadium and I have relatives in the area, who are diehard West Ham fans.
    And I've only ever heard the word Boleyn in reference to two things; the movie, The Other Boleyn Girl and the Boleyn wan that had something going on with Henry VIII.

I really am a sap.

First time I heard regularly was this season, a couple of times before that. It only became a big deal because of the new stadium for me.

One of the journalists researched it, something like 160,000 references to Upton Park in the archives, 6,000 to Boleyn, mostly this season.

It is and always will be Upton Park for most people.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

K-9 wrote: »
    The Dortmund one is funnier though. The United one is just mesmerising.

What's the Dortmund one? Throw it up there seen as this thread is GIF-tastic this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

This whole Boleyn Ground thing is bizarre, I've been following footy ever since i was entranced by my olders brothers Football 81 sticker album with such luminaries as Welsh Mickey Thomas and his bizarre face and Phil Thompsons otherwordly perm.

Up until around last year I have never heard it referred as anything other than Upton Park. I know some diehard Hammers who I'm sure were aware of the Boleyn reference but Upton Pk was clearly and commonly used as the reference to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Never liked the man much before now, but this shows what a sad pathetic man he really is....

Eamonn Holmes: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/calls-eamonn-holmes-apologise-after-11315358#ICID=FB-Liv-main

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Never heard of this boleyn till last night !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

kfallon wrote: »
    What's the Dortmund one? Throw it up there seen as this thread is GIF-tastic this morning!

I'm guessing it's this one football-.gif

football-.gifhttp:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's not like I didn't despise Eamonn Holmes before, but jaysis...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/calls-eamonn-holmes-apologise-after-11315358

Would normally say ignore Holmes but that's an incredibly stupid thing to say given the inquest and everything over the last month.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/calls-eamonn-holmes-apologise-after-11315358

he should really be sacked for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

After the Chelsea vs Spurs game. I am a bit worried that Chelsea will look to injure some of our players.

These gif's will come back to haunt us, hopefully not Thursday week.

MD1990 wrote: »
    After the Chelsea vs Spurs game. I am a bit worried that Chelsea will look to injure some of our players.

Why? It was Spurs doing most of the thuggery that night. Also, it was a charged game as Spurs were still going for the title and Chelsea their London rivals wanted to stop them. None of that applies to this game. It could well be a pretty pedestrian affair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

He probably has the always the victim chant tattooed on his fat arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

kfallon wrote: »

this one

0DJsSa7.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Linking Hillsborough to hooliganism shows tremendous ignorance...........he should really clarify what he meant or apologise for being a dumb ass......what an incredibly stupid and insensitive thing to say.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't give a **** where West Ham play their home games or what they call their stadium.

Milkers wrote: »
    I must be the only person in the world who doesn't give a **** where West Ham play their home games or what they call their stadium.

We never seem to do well at the Boleyn ;) so I'm glad they are moving to a soulless place with a running track that will make it seem much quieter.

Stadiums with running tracks always remind me of old footage of English clubs in Europe in the 70's in Eastern Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Right that's it, from now on, I'm referring to the Emirates as Ashburton Grove. How the bloody hell can people not now the actual real name of Upton Park is the Boleyn Ground. At this stage, I'm sick of people saying they never knew. I'm off to look at that Man U fans gif again to calm down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

monkey9 wrote: »
    Right that's it, from now on, I'm referring to the Emirates as Ashburton Grove. How the bloody hell can people not now the actual real name of Upton Park is the Boleyn Ground. At this stage, I'm sick of people saying they never knew. I'm off to look at that Man U fans gif again to calm down.

I'm in the same boat, only referred to West Ham's ground as "Upton Park" since the 80's and only heard of this Boleyn Ground in the last year or so.

Glad they're moving as Boleyn is a stupid name anyway.

Shockingly disrespectful, ye all know nothing about football trivia.

nerd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Boleyn Ground is of great historical history - namely Anne Boleyn.

Guardian running that Liverpool are in for Rennes Dembele

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    We never seem to do well at the Boleyn ;) so I'm glad they are moving to a soulless place with a running track that will make it seem much quieter.

Stadiums with running tracks always remind me of old footage of English clubs in Europe in the 70's in Eastern Europe.
    It will only have a running track during the summer months. The track will be covered by 21,000 seats during the football season to give it a 54,000 capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Boleyn Ground is of great historical history - namely Anne Boleyn.

Somewhat ironic all the West Ham fans losing the head last night.

He would be a fantastic signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Origi could be fit for the final.

If he is I wouldn't rule him out starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Having a world class manager can swing these things.

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/730337917126709248

Am told it's now between Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund to sign Ousmane #Dembele from Rennes. Player said to like Jurgen Klopp #lfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Don't do it to yourself. Klopp likes to develop young players - Liverpool will be linked with almost every talented young player that's thought to be available.

It was reported a few months ago that Ousmane Dembele has already agreed a deal with Bayern and will remain at Rennes for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Reading the match thread from last night and a certain set of fans coming out with the line of blaming the victims for the bus attack last night. After a certain chant that fan base has directed at Liverpool fans for years is kind of ironic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ardinn wrote: »
    Never said that!!

Clyne is the only standout performer for me!

Clyne or Coutinho for me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Eamonn Holmes reads the news fairly regularly. Has he not been watching it for the past month or so?

I didn't realise if we won the Europa and finish top 7 England loses a Europa spot. Potentially bad news for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

lets hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is there any idea of when Sakho's suspension will be announced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I didn't realise if we won the Europa and finish top 7 England loses a Europa spot. Potentially bad news for someone

Yea if Liverpool finish in a Europa League spot and win it this season only 2 teams will be entered into the Europa League and 5 teams into the Champions League therefore keeping England's 7 European spots. IE Liverpool would be moved from the Europa League to the Champions League so no body else would miss out.

England will only get 8 European spots if Liverpool don't finish and a Qualifying spot and win the Europa League.

Also depends on who wins the Cup if Man Utd win it then 7th will get the last Europa League spot if Crystal Palace win then 6th is the lowest Europa League spot.

Talisman wrote: »
    It will only have a running track during the summer months. The track will be covered by 21,000 seats during the football season to give it a 54,000 capacity.

I wasn't aware that was the case, thanks. Will the pitch be lowered to allow for this or has it happened already?
    RoboKlopp wrote: »

I wasn't aware this was the case either, but it makes sense I guess, and it is fairest that England loses a place rather than someone else making way since we have effectively deprived someone else of a CL spot somewhere if we win the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is there any idea of when Sakho's suspension will be announced?

Whenever it is, we should all go to pub.

Someone called Kim Cardigan is a Liverpool fan, apparently this is big news.

Knex. wrote: »
    Whenever it is, we should all go to pub.

I reckon it's going to come out an hour or two before the final, most fans will be there anyway.

Kim Cardigan sounds like a Nordic midfielder missing a leg that Wenger would sign to get the fans off his back.

Someone called Kim Cardigan is a Liverpool fan, apparently this is big news.

You sure you don't mean Kim Catrall? Not exactly big news (she was in Sex and the City) but she was born in Liverpool.

What bad spelling Hello magazine knockoff website are you reading to get this important nugget of information?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

How much would it cost to travel to Basle next week at this stage. In Norfolk for work and a colleague has a ticket he can't use.

5starpool wrote: »
    You sure you don't mean Kim Catrall? Not exactly big news (she was in Sex and the City) but she was born in Liverpool.

What bad spelling Hello magazine knockoff website are you reading to get this important nugget of information?

Off the web

kimk.jpg?maxheight=460&maxwidth=629

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I thought it might of been another Kardasian.

Chelsea tonight and no one in any rush to do a match thread... just shows how much interest both sides have in the PL at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement