Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If City finish 5th they take the LC Europa spot so 6th - 8th get Europa?
    If United finish 5th, do Palace get Europa? My recollection is the Europa spot passes to the finalists for the FA Cup but not the LC. So that leaves 2 Europa spots in the league?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kim Kardashian likes Liverpool.....

I feel a bit ill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I thought it might of been another Kardasian.

Chelsea tonight and no one in any rush to do a match thread... just shows how much intrest both sides have in the PL at the moment.

Think I'll have a go at my first match thread so, at least it's a meaningless game so no risk, right? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »
    Kim Kardashian likes Liverpool.....

I feel a bit ill

Ah ye would though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well considering Kims proclivity with sex tapes, she must have been watching our performance against Villareal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Top top match thread, who's doing the other ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

K-9 wrote: »
    If United finish 5th, do Palace get Europa? My recollection is the Europa spot passes to the finalists for the FA Cup but not the LC. So that leaves 2 Europa spots in the league?

If City finish 5th they get 5th spot and the League Cup spot goes to the 7th place team - this is because 5th place gives direct entry to the group stages, the LC spot does not.

Palace can only get a Europa League spot by winning the FA Cup - this rule changed last season which is why Villa were not in Europe.

Essentially, if Man U win the cup 5th, 6th and 7th qualify. If Palace win the cup they qualify along with 5th and 6th. 7th does not qualify.

However, if Liverpool win the EL AND finish in the top 6 (or 7 if Man U win the cup), their spot is vacated and only 2 English teams will be in the EL.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Top top match thread, who's doing the other ones?

We need a father Ted style essay writing competition to see who will start the match thread for the final.

As long as it isn't Harry though I'm OK with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

K-9 wrote: »

No Runners up of the FA Cup no longer get the Europa League spot if the winner have qualified else where.

At the start of the season it is 3 spots like this
    5th league - goes into the group stage
    FA Cup Winners - goes into the group stage
    League Cup Winners - goes into 3rd Qualifying Round

As it stands now
    4th and League Cup winners Man City - Play off Round of Champions league
    5th Man Utd - Group stage
    6th West Ham - 3rd Qualifying Round

If Man Utd win the FA Cup
    5th and FA Cup Winner Man Utd - Group stage Europa League
    6th West Ham - Group stage Europa League
    7th Southampton - 3rd Qualifying Round

If Palace win the FA Cup
    5th Man Utd - Group stage Europa League
    Crystal Palace - FA Cup Winners - Group stage Europa League
    6th West Ham - 3rd Qualifying Round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    I wasn't aware that was the case, thanks. Will the pitch be lowered to allow for this or has it happened already?
    My understanding based upon the concept designs from a few years ago is that the seating in the lower tiers has been made retractable so that an automated system can transform the stadium. The pitch and track have been unchanged, but they have rebuilt the roof and lower tier of the stadium. All will be revealed in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Well considering Kims proclivity with sex tapes, she must have been watching our performance against Villareal.

[something about clean-sheets here]

We need a father Ted style essay writing competition to see who will start the match thread for the final.

otkfif.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

No Runners up of the FA Cup no longer get the Europa League spot if the winner have qualified else where.

If Man Utd win the FA Cup
    5th and FA Cup Winner Man Utd - Group stage Europa League
    6th West Ham - Group stage Europa League
    7th Southampton - 3rd Qualifying Round

So if we finish 7th we might be cheering for Utd in the FA Cup Final ??

Think I would rather a year to 'concentrate on the Premier League'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

[something about clean-sheets here]

Ah linda and her clean sheets...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Wearing the new kit tonight apparently as is the fashion these days at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Wearing the new kit tonight apparently as is the fashion these days at the end of the season.

I was actually meaning to ask does anyone know if we'll wear it in the final? Not a big fan of next seasons one tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So if we finish 7th we might be cheering for Utd in the FA Cup Final ??

Think I would rather a year to 'concentrate on the Premier League'

I'd rather win in Switzerland and have the CL to be worrying about;)

Read the story on that Dembele chap. £28m for an 18 years old is absolutely crazy money. I know nothing about him, but surely he can't be worth that money at that age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Read the story on that Dembele chap. £28m for an 18 years old is absolutely crazy money. I know nothing about him, but surely he can't be worth that money at that age.

It's really not anymore, we don't pay it someone else will and we'll be drooling over him.

Any fee would be heavily loaded with performance addons too and if he meets those no one will care about the fee.

sure that Martial lad at United could cost £60m or something I read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Utd paid £36M rising to £58m for Martial at 19.

Bayern just paid €35m rising to €80m yesterday for Sanches at 18

That the going rate these for highly rated teenagers by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I'm guessing it's this one football-.gif

football-.gifhttp:

I was travelling to Amsterdam the day after the Dortmund 2nd leg. Was in the smoking area of Schipol airport when I saw a deflated looking guy smoking with a Dortmund jersey on. I approached him, sure enough he was on his way back from the match and even tho they lost he was big enough to admit that that night was one of the best atmosphere's he had ever witnessed at a football stadium and he had been to many dortmund games with Klopp as manager and before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Talisman wrote: »
    My understanding based upon the concept designs from a few years ago is that the seating in the lower tiers has been made retractable so that an automated system can transform the stadium. The pitch and track have been unchanged, but they have rebuilt the roof and lower tier of the stadium. All will be revealed in August.

Yeah, this is how they did it for the rugby anyway; http://www.cpnorthern.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/The-Stadium-Queen-Elizabeth-Parkway-London-CP-Northern.jpg

Though there may be a more full-time version for the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Utd paid £36M rising to £58m for Martial at 19.

Bayern just paid €35m rising to €80m yesterday for Sanches at 18

That the going rate these for highly rated teenagers by the looks of it.

They're also not untested teenagers either. They're guys who are already performing at a high level against senior players. I'd be thrilled if we got him. Exceptionally exciting talent. Fearless and has superb technique. Knows how to finish too which is very impressive at that age.

For comparison how much would Rashford cost if someone was to buy him. Dembele is (imo) a superior talent to him.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    They're also not untested teenagers either. They're guys who are already performing at a high level against senior players. I'd be thrilled if we got him. Exceptionally exciting talent. Fearless and has superb technique. Knows how to finish too which is very impressive at that age.

For comparison how much would Rashford cost if someone was to buy him. Dembele is (imo) a superior talent to him.

Lazar wasn't untested when we paid £20m him either but look what happened to him.

Hopefully he will get a fair chance next season to prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

dembele said he already knows where he is going next season,but they haven't finalised a champions league spot yet ... interesting

dembele said he already knows where he is going next season,but they haven't finalised a champions league spot yet ... interesting

So he's going to Dortmund then.

The Final team starts by the looks of it.

Marko is in the house
    LiverpoolFF
    ‎‎@LiverpoolFF

Marko Grujic will be at Anfield for the first time tonight to watch his new team.
    7:05 PM - 11 May 2016

Lazar wasn't untested when we paid £20m him either but look what happened to him.

Hopefully he will get a fair chance next season to prove it.

Yup and he showed some flashes but he was handled really poorly.. and thats coming from someone who was a big Rodgers fan. He d*cked him around tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

So he's going to Dortmund then.

they qualified ages ago? miles ahead of 3rd spot

they qualified ages ago? miles ahead of 3rd spot

Oh I misinterpreted what the statement was. I though the second part related to Liverpool not having qualified for the CL yet, not the whole statement being a quote from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

sweetie wrote: »
    How much would it cost to travel to Basle next week at this stage. In Norfolk for work and a colleague has a ticket he can't use.

I think Ryanair had direct flights ex Dublin for about €270 return but they might be sold out now. Aer Lingus to Geneva is another option though Basel is 3 hours by bus from Geneva so not that close. The only hotels left in Basel are €150+ a night but I did look on Airbnb last night and there's still plenty there in the €50-70 range. Some of it might be a 7-10km trip outside the city centre which means a taxi home, which can be expensive in Switzerland.
    I booked a pitch on a campsite for €15 last night, pretty decent given the occasion. I might not even use it if we win and the bars are open all night, it'll just be somewhere to store the bag.

If you end up not going I'd give that ticket a good home :pac: Missed out on the ballot but said feck it, not often Liverpool are in a European Cup final so wasn't gonna miss it. I nearly went to Istanbul in 2005 and regretted it so I'm not missing this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

sweetie wrote: »
    How much would it cost to travel to Basle next week at this stage. In Norfolk for work and a colleague has a ticket he can't use.

From Norfolk? Easyjet fly to Basle from vasrious airports in London, but are sold out from Tuesday onwards and the Monday flight is 123STG.

Ryaniar from Stnasted is seriously expensive at a glance.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

My vote's for Fred Flintstone, epic success with his last effort, though lots of essential info missing.

So he will have to up his game along with his results...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No other ground like Anfield, Keeping it fresh.
    https://twitter.com/EPLBible/status/730488145356165124

Meanwhile at Selhurst park.

15039077274_bee0b73f5d.jpg

Pfft there are cheerleaders everywhere. Stormtroopers tho... thats class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Overall, i'm glad we played the team we did tonight. That's pretty much the starting eleven for next week so they can have a rest now without getting too rusty. I'm expecting and hoping it's a more reserve, youthful side against West Brom on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Lol sorry no, Chelsea. Gwan out of that.

• Advertisement

Highlights of the night, Benteke goal and the illiterate Chelsea fans.

728.gif

Charlie19 wrote: »
    No other ground like Anfield, Keeping it fresh.
    https://twitter.com/EPLBible/status/730488145356165124

Very fitting, Stormtroopers miss fcuking everything as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That game had very little to recommend it.

Rafa down and off to Everton in the summer.

Well a point that could yet matter. No one injured. Benteke's last goal at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

I love kolo

• Advertisement

Give Kolo a new contract.

Mignolet is worse for that Hazard goal every time I see him.

Amazing how many late goals we now get since Klopp was laughed at for asking fans to stay till the end because he felt lonely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Haha fans ripping up seats in main stand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Grand result, happy with that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement