Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ousmane Dembele signs for Dortmund, another one we missed out on.

Never wanted him clearly :P

Gotze will be ours anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Carra when asked if he would like to manage Everton replied...

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/730766832341295106

I'd love to opportunity to take you to the championship:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wouldn't be getting my hopes up about Goetze either. The Klopp factor and playing alongside the best German player in the league are in our favour but I reckon there would be plenty of other clubs ready to pounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

CiQLwxFXIAAjIjj.jpg

jeez I hate modern art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Looks like no one's painted behind the sign since Everton played at home at Anfield

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

James Pearce reporting this so might be something in it

Liverpool have received a boost in their pursuit of Bayern Munich attacking midfielder Mario Gotze.

Jurgen Klopp is keen to bring the Germany international to Anfield this summer with the Reds hoping to wrap up a deal for around £20million.

Gotze has been out of favour at Bayern this season and new boss Carlo Ancelotti, who is about to take over the Bundesliga champions from Manchester City-bound Pep Guardiola, is prepared to sanction the sale of the 23-year-old.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-receive-boost-pursuit-11323044

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Just not getting the whole Gotze thing. Granted, what I have seen of him is pretty much Champions league and International football.

He is injury prone though and we are already pretty well stacked in that position. I would never turn away a player of his ability but still, I think it could be better spent elsewhere.

I still think we badly need to sign a player who is not only a great player in whatever his position is, but a great set piece taker. We have no one in the squad that you would think they can score from Free Kicks or deliver a killer set piece ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

joe123 wrote: »
    Just not getting the whole Gotze thing. Granted, what I have seen of him is pretty much Champions league and International football.

He is injury prone though and we are already pretty well stacked in that position. I would never turn away a player of his ability but still, I think it could be better spent elsewhere.

I still think we badly need to sign a player who is not only a great player in whatever his position is, but a great set piece taker. We have no one in the squad that you would think they can score from Free Kicks or deliver a killer set piece ball.

Coutinho and Milner off the top of my head can do those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Again I feel the need to remind people the importance of Fifa team rating to this club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

11M apparently, a long way off the rumoured 28M LFC were quoted as buying him for. Gotze surely a cert to join us now

Good news for Bayern in 2018 so ;)
    Looks like Götze now I guess. Will require some work from Klopp, his career stalled after the Bayern move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

* Superthread Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP 23/4 - Page 73* expresses it's disappointment as their team signs World Cup and Bundesliga (x4) winner :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Knex. is a bargain over in Bargain Alerts now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057596760

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

This'll be going for a while yet I'm guessing :pac:

Breel Embolo of Basel is the next super expensive teenager we are linked with and Basel rejected €27m bid from Wolfsburg in January for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Konoplyanka, Tremoulinas and Krohn-Dehli all look to be out of the EL final, the latter 2 certainly with knee injuries while Konoplyanka is going for a scan after feeling pain in training today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Breel Embolo of Basel is the next super expensive teenager we are linked with and Basel rejected €27m bid from Wolfsburg in January for him.

I've seen loads of his highlight videos on YouTube, and Origi is miles ahead of him, based on his most recent form.

Spend the same money on a centre half and we're in business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Gotze will be a revelation in The Premier League.....you heard it here first ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Coutinho and Milner off the top of my head can do those things.

Since Gerrard left we have not had that clinical ball striker at the club. Milner & Coutinho have their moments but Gerrard was stunningly consistent in quality of delivery (except corners) from dead ball or distance shooting.

Look at Coutinho's technique. When he gets it right its a beautiful sight, but there are a lot of moving parts and he often mis-times or skews his shots, especially when not fully fit.

Compare to Gerrard and I will illustrate.. An hour before kick-off versus Newcastle the team were warming up with drills etc, then they did a shooting drill with balls being rolled from edge of box to players to shoot with Mig in goal.

All the players had about 3 shots, most didn't hit the target let alone score. Gerrard scored all 3 with controlled venomous strikes, his technique absolutely flawless as usual. We won the game 6:0, he didn't score but you get the idea.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've seen loads of his highlight videos on YouTube, and Origi is miles ahead of him, based on his most recent form.

Spend the same money on a centre half and we're in business.

Seen him play live and he's very well built but quick. I'd agree that he doesn't offer us much above what Origi gives us but I'm firmly in the Klopp-knows-better-than-I-do camp so I'm open to us signing anybody he wants this summer and then giving him the chance of proving his worth with his own team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

* Superthread Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP 23/4 - Page 73* expresses it's disappointment as their team signs World Cup and Bundesliga (x4) winner :pac:
    FSG showing no ambition again:)

• Advertisement

The corners and free kick conversion is interesting enough when you look at it. To my mind our corners/free kick delivery this season have been poor...yet our conversion rate is fairly decent, we have 9 goals from corners this season and 6 from free kicks in the league. (compared to 3 goals from corners 3 from freekicks last season. 6 from corners and 6 from free's the season before)

Seems like a really good return. Leicester have 5 goals from corners and 6 from free kicks. Man City have 10 goals from corners and 3 from free kicks. Man Utd have 4 goals from corners and 3 from free kicks. Arsenal have 6 goals from corners and 6 from free kicks. Spurs have 10 goals from corners 7 from free kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

NukaCola wrote: »
    The corners and free kick conversion is interesting enough when you look at it. To my mind our corners/free kick delivery this season have been poor...yet our conversion rate is fairly decent, we have 9 goals from corners this season and 6 from free kicks in the league. (compared to 3 goals from corners 3 from freekicks last season. 6 from corners and 6 from free's the season before)

Seems like a really good return. Leicester have 5 goals from corners and 6 from free kicks. Man City have 10 goals from corners and 3 from free kicks. Man Utd have 4 goals from corners and 3 from free kicks. Arsenal have 6 goals from corners and 6 from free kicks. Spurs have 10 goals from corners 7 from free kicks.

Id imagine if you asked any fan of any club they would probably say their teams corners/set pieces are poor by and large bar maybe atletico madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

klose wrote: »
    Id imagine if you asked any fan of any club they would probably say their teams corners/set pieces are poor by and large bar maybe atletico madrid.

Indeed, and our actual corners in particular tend to be either spot on, or hilariously woeful which probably shifts perception. If more of our bad ones were at least somewhat decent, but we had the same amount of goals, we'd probably be more positive about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its been proven beyond argument that the most wasteful set piece in football is the traditional corner. Which is why various short ones are increasingly used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

He's unreal in Football Manager.

I bought him for 20 million. 2 years later he wanted to join a bigger club and became disruptive within the squad so i was forcred to sell him to Real Madrid for 70 million.

Basically he has an attitude problem and we dont need players like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Its been proven beyond argument that the most wasteful set piece in football is the traditional corner. Which is why various short ones are increasingly used.

I've often thought the same thing, traditional corner and you're looking at about 50/50 chance to get a head on it, at least with a short one you retain posession and can at worst recycle it.
    Unless of course every team plays with an big Andy Carroll up top!

A goal every 29 corners for us this season......which is good, for corners that is, i read somewhere that it was averaging at 1/70 in the League.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Grayditch wrote: »
    Again I feel the need to remind people the importance of Fifa team rating to this club.

FIFA? It's all about Pro Evo, Mo Fo.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    FIFA? It's all about Pro Evo, Mo Fo.

Is pro evo good again? Went to ****e for ages......

Ah yeah, there's no competition. Reclaimed the crown back in 2014. The last good FIFA was 2012.

• Advertisement

I think the last fifa I played was 2001. Probably the last video game I actually played

A goal every 29 corners for us this season......which is good, for corners that is, i read somewhere that it was averaging at 1/70 in the League.....

This is why you see some teams have nobody on the posts for corners - it's so unlikely that you need to defend the goal with 3 players based on that statistic that you can use those players instead to pick up the ball and break when your defender clears it - the perception being that you have a better chance of getting a good attack and goal v certain teams than they have of scoring against you from the corner. You could also defend differently by using those players to charge down short corners

Of course pundits will highlight footage and talk of schoolboy mistakes not putting people on the post but it's not like they're ignoring it for the craic, certain teams set up to counter from corners and need players to break upfield from the edge of the box rather than being on their own goal line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Emre Can named young player of the year at he club awards this evening

It's actually better a good bit than Fifa this year. No Hendo on the cover, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

FIFA is basically ultimate team these days, it's their cash cow. So long as that remains ridiculously popular they won't really invest much in improving the rest of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

x43r0 wrote: »
    Emre Can named young player of the year at he club awards this evening

And Coutinho won everything else...goal,performance,player of the year,best cup of tea,best foot rubs,best joint roller,knows how to pronounce Knex...

klose wrote: »
    FIFA is basically ultimate team these days, it's their cash cow. So long as that remains ridiculously popular they won't really invest much in improving the rest of the game.

Likewise, Pro Evo has 'My Club'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Likewise, Pro Evo has 'My Club'.

I never liked football games...does that make me weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Told my Arsenal supporting brother in law today that i was waiting to add champions league badges before i buy the new home shirt, he said I would be waiting a few years, answered, actually no, next week after we win the Europa. :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've liked a couple. This was one I had on the C64 back in the late 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcfFEecaYPc

And Coutinho won everything else...goal,performance,player of the year,best cup of tea,best foot rubs,best joint roller,knows how to pronounce Knex...

Which was the best goal?

Be a Legend/Pro /career is where it's at. Just the other day FIFA Klopp tried to replace me with Erikson (is it?). Silly FIFA Klopp.

Liverpool have announced that they've persuaded Bayern's nutritionalist to join the club. She seems impressive

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/12/liverpool-bayern-munich-backroom-staff-mona-nemmer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

8-10 wrote: »
    Which was the best goal?

Edit: One against Utd in OT

8-10 wrote: »
    Liverpool have announced that they've persuaded Bayern's nutritionalist to join the club. She seems impressive

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/12/liverpool-bayern-munich-backroom-staff-mona-nemmer

A quick Google stalking.

kat3.jpg

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    Opening game against Stoke I'd say

One where he made a fool of DeGea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

5starpool wrote: »
    I've liked a couple. This was one I had on the C64 back in the late 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcfFEecaYPc

Had that on the Amstrad, and look it could do what they can't do now and have different weather effects during a match i mean that 1st game it was raining in the 1st half and stopped and started and stopped again in the 2nd half.

Old FIFA sure used to have a coin toss and new one does not

Not weird, just... Less of a man. :pac:

I'm the one person that bought this. And I enjoyed it.

250px-Pure_Football.jpg

Pure daycent.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement