Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016, Mod Warning in OP, 10/7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Yeah, once he's playing. We don't need another Sturridge-like-missing-half-the games record:(

He doesn't miss half the games though. As i said, apart from this season his injury record is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

corwill wrote: »
    I'd be all in favour, but then we're looking pretty mobhanded at 10. Who's squeezed out?

As Ricero said Firmino Coutinho and Gotze behind Sturridge would kill most teams. Hopefully we'll be looking at 60+ game seasons so plenty of game time for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Gotze, Ings, Origi that would be some hard working front six.

Add in another Striker that Klopp will most likely sign and then maybe we can afford the luxury of having one forward that really doesn't press that much and may miss a lot of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    As Ricero said Firmino Coutinho and Gotze behind Sturridge would kill most teams. Hopefully we'll be looking at 60+ game seasons so plenty of game time for all.

Yeah, I completely see the attraction of that line up, but what you lose by dropping Lallana is the non-sexy pressing that he does. It's a brittle looking front four if **** is going sideways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, I completely see the attraction of that line up, but what you lose by dropping Lallana is the non-sexy pressing that he does. It's a brittle looking front four if **** is going sideways.

Horses for courses though. Against tougher opposition you have the option of switching in Lallana for one of those guys. It's not actually ideal to have a first 11 that picks itself...ideally we'd have maybe 17 players who could all be worthy starters, and you selection is based on the challenge of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Gotze, Ings, Origi that would be some hard working front six.

Add in another Striker that Klopp will most likely sign and then maybe we can afford the luxury of having one forward that really doesn't press that much and may miss a lot of games.

That's a bold statement saying Suarez is coming home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hard to imagine Klopp will add another striker to Sturridge, Ings, Origi and Firmino 9.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ricero wrote: »
    Lallana on the bench with firmino coutiniho and gotze behind sturridge

I'd say this is what could happen or maybe the four rotating with one dropping out every couple of games.

Also the 4 are all hard working and do press well from the front.

Hard to imagine Klopp will add another striker to Sturridge, Ings, Origi and Firmino 9.5

I hope he does! Its not bad but who there will score 20 plus league goals? I'm presuming Sturridge will be injured.

Need a top striker if we want to challenge for anything meaningful

• Advertisement

Sturridge is fixed. :)

All comps

Sturridge 20
    Firmino 15
    Coutinho 15
    Ings 12
    Origi 12
    Gotze 12
    Milner 8
    Henderson 6
    Lallana 6
    Assorted others 20

to put the above in context http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Goalscorers/125

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If we win the Europa Gotze will come I reckon, if we don't, sure he'll probably end up in London...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

96 red seats in the away section of the Hawthorns. Fair play.

13226960_1001936273230426_2742660621762190794_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c57be867ed6c83152c87adbb61f598e9&oe=579D14EA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

where does a player fit into the first 11 is an understandable but very flawed question. I'd love to see what the 'agreed' first eleven was for any recent season and then how often that exact 11 played together. 1/6 is my guess, and not against the top 16% teams, more when luck would allow it.

How well would most of the players we have play with Gotze? Very well imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So Gotze at left back and Reus at right back, it's all starting to fall into place nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Things are looking up. Oh yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Who is from Cork here?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-hit-with-hurley-over-child-wearing-man-utd-jersey-735295.html

He needs a psychiatric report not a probation report!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did he hit a kid or a 'kid'?

Now that you mention it, we haven't seen Yannick around in a while.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

K-9 wrote: »
    Who is from Cork here?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/man-hit-with-hurley-over-child-wearing-man-utd-jersey-735295.html

He needs a psychiatric report not a probation report!

Fair play to him. If I saw a son of mine wearing a utd jersey someone would be getting a thump too!

Edgy.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Fair play to him. If I saw a son of mine wearing a utd jersey someone would be getting a thump too!

I've already discussed this with the missus. Any child of ours who might end up supporting Utd will be sent to live with her parents, written out of my will and barred from the side of my deathbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My sister is having her first child soon - her fella is a United fan, there's gonna be trouble when I get there with a Liverpool Jersey before he can get there with a United one... ;)

A hurley?

Some would call that getting away with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watching Can being interviewed on Football Focus his English is great he must have had a very good teacher ;)

Fieldog wrote: »
    My sister is having her first child soon - her fella is a United fan, there's gonna be trouble when I get there with a Liverpool Jersey before he can get there with a United one... ;)

Take no chances, a King Kenny tat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Take no chances, a King Kenny tat...

Nah tattoos can be removed.

Brand him with the crest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

a lot of talk from Germany that lfc have bid 25 million euros for gotze.

also Beckenbauer is quoted as saying if he was gotze he would follow Klopp to lfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It could be worse.

I've a 'king chelsea fan being fed with my money:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It could be worse.

Divorce her immediately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

or buy her poison sammiches

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Jordan Rossiter gone to the huns. Hopefully his career continues on that trajectory and he ends up on the dole

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Jordan Rossiter gone to the huns. Hopefully his career continues on that trajectory and he ends up on the dole

Did he ride your wife or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Divorce her immediately :)
    She's grand, a reformed Evertonian, having been shown the path to truth by her beloved husband:p

The second child, though, I'm afraid will have to find his own path:(

Did he ride your wife or something?

Well if he did, I hope his new employers don't find out. They certainly wouldn't approve of mixing with that sort of demograph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Bit harsh.

He'll probably do well there, hope it goes well for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

2 nice goals from Gotze so far today, first one a run into the box and chip over the keeper, 2nd a good finish from the edge of the box.

Still 20mins to go to get a hattrick

Joel Matip with an assist for Schalke's second goal

Hardcore Celtic fan there.

Hardcore Celtic fan there.

What has my statement got to do with Celtic?

• Advertisement

What has my statement got to do with Celtic?

Huns? Why such hatred you'd wish an ex Liverpool players career to fail?

Huns? Why such hatred you'd wish an ex Liverpool players career to fail?

Have no time for that club, new or old. It's not a football rivalry or tribal thing, it's the discriminatory nonsense they stand for that I'm absolutely sick of having to listen to

Ex Liverpool player of not, you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. I'd rank playing for the Huns as similar behaviour to voting BNP, the supporters of each are certainly the same Demographic.

So yea, I most certainly hope his career fails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We really were lucky to have Suarez for those couple of seasons, two goals for him in the first half away to Granada as Barca are on course for the title. 53 league goals in 61 appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Have no time for that club, new or old. It's not a football rivalry or tribal thing, it's the discriminatory nonsense they stand for that I'm absolutely sick of having to listen to

Ex Liverpool player of not, you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. I'd rank playing for the Huns as similar behaviour to voting BNP, the supporters of each are certainly the same Demographic.

So yea, I most certainly hope his career fails

You don't believe the term hun is discriminatory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

20060924_223207_atilla.jpg

"I ain't angry. I'm just disappointed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sounds very much like a tribal thing.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    You don't believe the term hun is discriminatory?

Its not discriminatory, It refers to a Rangers fan, irrespective of colour/creed/gender etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I already have 4 Liverpool supporting nephews! The herd is getting bigger. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

It could be worse.

'being fed money', sounds like a Chelsea fan alright! :pac:

Its not discriminatory, It refers to a Rangers fan, irrespective of colour/creed/gender etc

Absolute rubbish.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sounds very much like a tribal thing.

Well perhaps when you're in an environment whereby you're on the receiving end of the attitudes of such groups, you can decide whether you dislike them because of tribalism or their discriminatory attitudes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement